Page 23 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1314151617181920212223

Thread: arcade game for jin yong characters

Quote Originally Posted by kwekmh View Post
    The game didn't look that good when I first played it, and I didn't like the way accounts were created so I uninstalled it on the day I installed it.

Tell me if it's fun!
    It was great fun for me until they added the "special defence wugong" skills - Luoyingshenjianzhang, Xuemokuangzhanfa, Dulongbianfa, Lianchengjianfa, Jiuyinshenzhao, and some other pole-based skill. When those skills came out, they supplanted every single other skill in the game, and the whole game was filled with people using the same martial arts, losing out on the beauty of the world of Jin Yong.

When I first played, it was great. There were so many skills, and although some were stronger than others, the weaker ones went up in level faster, so technically, you could be level 150 in Duominglianhuansanxianjian and fight with somebody with level 100 in Dugujiujian, and you'd both take around the same amount of experience to achieve it. When you meet friends, you can always ask "What wugong do you use?" and they'd answer "Jingangbanruozhang" or "Kuangfengdaofa" and you'd go "Oh, let's duel" and you see your high-level art get whooped because the lower arts have better level.

Then came the Juexue, or the Extreme arts - Xianglong18zhang, Pixiejianfa, Dagoubangfa, Essence of Dugujiujian, Hujiadaofa, Jingangfumobian, Jinshejianfa, Yeqiuquan, Anranxiaohunzhang and Xiduzhangfa (on the basis that XiDu could hold his own using his staff vs BeiGai's Dagoubang, so it should be top-class as well). Those gave great attacking power, but drained your shaqi or "killing aura", so you couldn't really use them for regular attacks, but saved them for that special blow. The result was you learnt a juexue, but kept on practising your regular wugong.

However, when the "special defence wugong" arrived, you used them the same way you used regular wugong. It was much much stronger than the normal wugong and cost so little exp to learn compared to the regular skills that you'd be mad to not learn it. If I was at level 150 taijiquan, and wanted to move up to level 151 taijiquan, the same amount of exp would probably have taken me from level 150 luoying to level 160 or so. On top of that, level 150 taijiquan is about equivalent to level 100 luoying or thereabouts, so there's really no point in learning taijiquan anymore.

All my friends who used to have exotic skills like taijijian, tianshan6yangzhang, xuemodaofa, qianshourulaizhang, dugujiujian, taijiquan, and dozens of others, now were all forced to switch. If I saw somebody with a sword, I know 100% that he would be using lianchengjianfa. He may, of course, opt not to, but then he will die almost immediately. Those skills ruined the game for me completely, and having spent all that time learning an obscure 4mendaofa, I found myself forced to switch to luoying (or do something evil for xuedaomen to learn the xuemokuangzhanfa). After a year or so using luoying, and seeing almost all my friends using the same thing, I threw in the towel. I was no longer a unique individual in wulin, I was just another clone.

hi,

i installed dosbox and stil cannot play.. anyone can help me?

here's what i typed in dosbox:
    mount c c:\legend
    c:\legendx.exe

but the following error msg appears:
    Extracting CFONT
    Cannot create CFONT
    Write error

anyone can help me pls?? dying to play the game..

Well, first it should be

c:
    c:\legendx.exe

But I'm not sure about that error message

thx yang guo!

it's done alrdy..

i tried:
    c:
    z.com

this works for me..

anw, anyone got any detailed walkthrough/guide for this game? thx!

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew View Post
    It was great fun for me until they added the "special defence wugong" skills - Luoyingshenjianzhang, Xuemokuangzhanfa, Dulongbianfa, Lianchengjianfa, Jiuyinshenzhao, and some other pole-based skill. When those skills came out, they supplanted every single other skill in the game, and the whole game was filled with people using the same martial arts, losing out on the beauty of the world of Jin Yong.

When I first played, it was great. There were so many skills, and although some were stronger than others, the weaker ones went up in level faster, so technically, you could be level 150 in Duominglianhuansanxianjian and fight with somebody with level 100 in Dugujiujian, and you'd both take around the same amount of experience to achieve it. When you meet friends, you can always ask "What wugong do you use?" and they'd answer "Jingangbanruozhang" or "Kuangfengdaofa" and you'd go "Oh, let's duel" and you see your high-level art get whooped because the lower arts have better level.

Then came the Juexue, or the Extreme arts - Xianglong18zhang, Pixiejianfa, Dagoubangfa, Essence of Dugujiujian, Hujiadaofa, Jingangfumobian, Jinshejianfa, Yeqiuquan, Anranxiaohunzhang and Xiduzhangfa (on the basis that XiDu could hold his own using his staff vs BeiGai's Dagoubang, so it should be top-class as well). Those gave great attacking power, but drained your shaqi or "killing aura", so you couldn't really use them for regular attacks, but saved them for that special blow. The result was you learnt a juexue, but kept on practising your regular wugong.

However, when the "special defence wugong" arrived, you used them the same way you used regular wugong. It was much much stronger than the normal wugong and cost so little exp to learn compared to the regular skills that you'd be mad to not learn it. If I was at level 150 taijiquan, and wanted to move up to level 151 taijiquan, the same amount of exp would probably have taken me from level 150 luoying to level 160 or so. On top of that, level 150 taijiquan is about equivalent to level 100 luoying or thereabouts, so there's really no point in learning taijiquan anymore.

All my friends who used to have exotic skills like taijijian, tianshan6yangzhang, xuemodaofa, qianshourulaizhang, dugujiujian, taijiquan, and dozens of others, now were all forced to switch. If I saw somebody with a sword, I know 100% that he would be using lianchengjianfa. He may, of course, opt not to, but then he will die almost immediately. Those skills ruined the game for me completely, and having spent all that time learning an obscure 4mendaofa, I found myself forced to switch to luoying (or do something evil for xuedaomen to learn the xuemokuangzhanfa). After a year or so using luoying, and seeing almost all my friends using the same thing, I threw in the towel. I was no longer a unique individual in wulin, I was just another clone.
    The way you described the game--the earlier version, at least--really allured me to play it. However, as soon as I read the later parts of your recount, I am put off by it. Such is a common sight, and it is not abnormal for games to do this. I had hoped for something different, though, but it seems this game is not unlike the rest,

I have a quick question. After recruiting Xu Zhu, I went to Shaolin Si and he disappeared from the party. Does anyone know how to get him back?
    Last edited by ChanceEncounter; 05-29-08 at 02:58 PM.

Issit possible that somebody can upload this game again? Been searchin for it for so long all i can find are mods and not the original version.
    Many thanks to whoever can help me

Quote Originally Posted by calicifier View Post
    Issit possible that somebody can upload this game again? Been searchin for it for so long all i can find are mods and not the original version.
    Many thanks to whoever can help me
    Go back a few pages:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=WZ5YC3XI

And what mods are you referring to?

thanks alot for the tip.

the mods i found is on this page

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=14694

i just started playing this game again after 10 years, still pretty fun. strongest 3 people in game from wat i remember.

SPT
    WYY
    Dik Wan

Anyone remember specifically how to get the L/R technique? I've been replaying the game. I know how most of the stuff is done because I beat the game, but I don't remember all the specifics. I already got the ROCH book and finished that arc, but I haven't received the L/R technique yet.

Quote Originally Posted by ChanceEncounter View Post
    Anyone remember specifically how to get the L/R technique? I've been replaying the game. I know how most of the stuff is done because I beat the game, but I don't remember all the specifics. I already got the ROCH book and finished that arc, but I haven't received the L/R technique yet.
    I don't remember exactly when you can get it since it's been a long time.

You go to ZBT, but your IQ must be below a certain number. ZBT does not teach L/R to characters with IQ above 40? or something

No, I know about the intelligence requirement, I just forgot how to get it. I figured out that you need to talk to Ying Gu first and get ZBT to talk to her. Of course, this was a bit of a hassle since I don't like recruiting useless characters (CL) just so I could navigate around her silly moat, so I had to do that blind about six or seven times.

Anyway, I read that one of the ingredients for the cook was on Snake Island, but I went there and there weren't even chests, much less stuff to loot. Anyone know where to find that ingredient? And the Snake Island dude asks me to kill someone. Anyone know where to find that person?

Hi, I install dosbox and run the game. But I can't get beyond indoors (my own house). The moment i step out into the outside world map, the screen returns to indoors with bug. Anyone can help?

Re-upping the original game and DOS box. Somebody sent me a PM two years ago but I didn't see it because I stopped checking that email... oops.

http://depositfiles.com/files/lovjki0cb

Have any of you guys play the mmo age of wushu / wulin? The story line is based around jin yongs universe. I played for a while during beta stage but then got bored.

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo View Post
    Re-upping the original game and DOS box. Somebody sent me a PM two years ago but I didn't see it because I stopped checking that email... oops.

http://depositfiles.com/files/lovjki0cb

Hi, I am interested to play this game! however, the link doesnt work. Is there any other link or??