are the games PC or PS or PS2 or XBox??
are the games PC or PS or PS2 or XBox??
TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time
Most of the games based on Jin Yong' novels are for PC, however Legend of Condor Heroes was for PS. Zhuge Liang posted a link to the 2.0 On-line version of Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan, the most recent RPG based on his novels.
Do you have to have an internet connection to play them?
Wow. Are they making any games that aren't 'Online'?
I finally found this game. The CD cover didn't state whether it's version 1 or 2. Since I don't need to go online to play it, I guess it must be the 1995 version.
I have some questions.
1. In the game, if u take items from people's place without asking, your moral/virtue points will decrease. Will this have any effect on my future gameplay? The doll at the beginning say I shouldn't do that but the North Clown that stays in the North Pole says it doesn't matter.
2. Why do some characters refuse to join my group when I invite them? How do I make a character to refuse to join my a group agree to join?
3. Is Cheng Ying powerful?
P.S. For question 2, the doll might have explain in in the beginning, but my chinese is not good, so don't understand some of the explaination given by the doll.
Last edited by kidd; 12-25-04 at 03:03 PM.
Is Xu Zhu the monk in the Dragon Inn? I ask that guy to join my group, but he said I'm on the brink of going to the dark side, so he didn't want to join. Ask me to return to the right path.Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
Anyway, I didn't really want him to join, I just ask him to see who exactly he is, because he didn't introduce himself when I talk to him. But if u know how to get him to join in, I would like to know too.
A Heaven Sword is in development for the next generation systems (IE new Playstation)...............but its not clear if its based on the Wuxia HSDS.
Journey To The West
The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!
Originally Posted by kidd
1. 2. When your moral/virtue points increase or decrease, many characters will choose to join you or not. For example, Xu Zhu in Dragon Gate Inn is a good Shaolin monk, and therefore if you want him to join you, your virtue point has to go above 80 something. But if you're inviting A Zi to join, you have to have a very low virtue point. Also, some other NPCs will act differently when your virtue points are different. Such as if you have over 90, Guo Jing and Huang Rong gives you the book Legend of Condor Heroes as a gift, but if you have anything lower than that, you have to fight them for it. Also, the ending battle will be different.
3. Cheng Ying is really weak, but she is really helpful for solving a puzzle.
Many Wuxia games aren't online.Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
Also, Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan and Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan Online are made by two different development teams, and therefore are completely different. Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan Online is the one with both 1.5 and 2.0 versions.
Thanks AresInvincible,Originally Posted by AresInvincible
A few more questions.
1, How can I increase my virtue points?
2, Will I need high virtue points to get these characters?
Shi Po Tian
Zhang Wu Ji
Xiao Long Nu
The 4 Greats
3. I get Tian Bo Guang to follow me very early on in the game, and because his level is quite high he is a great help in battle. At the time, my virtue points I think is around 44. Will he follow me if my virtue points is higher?
4. Will I lost virtue points if I get the martial art manual (not the Pixie Sword Skill, but another one in a box in the house) from Fu Wei Escort Centre after I talk to Lin Ping Zhi and he mentioned the manual.
5. How can I get through all the obstacles without taking the items from the all the boxes. I sorely need the money to buy items from Wei Xiao Bao.
6. How can I get more money?
7. How can I increase my level when all the people (except some of the guards in certain sects that only fight with u once) I meet are so high level that if I fight with them I sure die?
1) You increase your virtue points by doing good deeds, more specifically, good choices when solving missions. There are plenty of missions where you can choose to complete the bad or good way. One example is Zhou Bo Tong, Ying Gu and Yi Deng's mission, because at the start, Ying Gu asks you to murder Yi Deng, and you get the coordinates to Guo Jing's place and your virute decreases. Or you can help them resolve their conflict, which is a lot more troublesome, but increases your virtue point. And try not to steal without permission from ppls houses. If they specifically tells you to take, its a different story. Its also fine if you have them in your team. Example? You can loot TBG's place once he is in your team. Same with LPZ.
2) You can't get XF, HR and the 4 Greats. ZWJ joined me from the very beginning so I guess his requirement is around 50 +-. Same with Tien Bo Guang. And they won't leave you once your virtue increases or decreases. Shi Po Tian I think is slightly higher, maybe around 60 +-. Xiao Long Nu follows you when Yang Guo does, and his requirement isn't too high either, 65 or so and you'll usually be thereabouts if you haven't been up to no good and you have helped solve YG's problem.
3) You will have all the money you need once you have solved the Xue Shan Fei Hu mission. The Yen Yang Dao mission also has plenty of tresures as reward and you can get a lot from Iron Palm Peak, once you kicked Qiu Qian Ren's arse of course. Its sort of hidden behind his place in a secret hiding place.
4) Some noteworthy stuff to buy from Wei Xiao Bao is:
- Ruan Wei Jia (HR's armour)
- Long Xiang Ban Ruo Gong (Golden Wheel Monk's manual)
- Pi Li Kuang Dao and Pi Li Dao Fa (For Hu Fei so he can be that much better and kick Miao Ren Feng's arse that much easier)
5) Increase you levels by fighting with training partners. Well sort of. Ppl like Hu Fei (Before you've helped him and he joins you), Ou Yang Ke, Jin Hua Po Po and Zhou Bo Tong are good training partners because they'd fight with you everytime you look for them.
Some people join you no matter what your virtua point is. Some people require certain conditions, such as Ou Yang Ke needs a woman to be in your team when he joins you. (But Xiao Long Nu doesn't require Yang Guo to be in your team, you can let her join as soon as you unlock the Ancient Tomb). Once a person joins your team, you can always tell him or her to leave, and you can always recruit them again, even if your virtua point changes. The conditions for them to join is only required for the 1st time.
Also, if you let a bad guy join you (such as Tian Bo Guang), your virtua point may go down.
PS: Long Xiang Ban Ruo Gong is actually pronounced as Long Xiang Bo Ruo Gong.
Originally Posted by kidd
hmm.. where didi you buy this game.. .. intro intro.. wanna play it too thanx
Thanks AresInvincible and Xiao Feng, for giving me such detailed explaination on the virtue points system.
I still has few questions regarding it.
1. How can I check my virtue point. Is the mirror in South Wisdom's house the only place to check my virtue points? Isn't it troublesome when I already go very far away but has to go back there just to check my virtue points?
2. It seems very hard to keep my virtue points from going down. If I get a bad but powerful guy like Tian Bo Guang to help me I lost points. If I don't get him I can't win any battle except with Lin Zhi Ping, the guard at Liu Zheng Feng's place and the Heng Shan nuns. But I lost points also if I choose to fight with the guards at Liu's place. I do not know whether I have lost points fighting the Heng Shan nuns as well or not because I got lost while trying to go back to South Wisdom's house. So, can't check. So, how can I maintain or increase my points. I can't help Lin Zhi Ping because I can't even get pass the Qing Cheng 4 Xiu (the 4 guys that guard the doors) with Duan Yu. I can't get extra martial art manual for Duan Yu because we can't get pass the frog. I can't find Hu Fei, Grandma Jin Hua or Zhou Bou Tong either but I doubt I can beat them with my mediocre martial art level now. So, no use sparring with them. Without TBG, fighting Ouyang Ke is out of the question. So, how can I maintain my virtue points and increase my level during earlier stage?
3. Xiao Feng, u said u get ZWJ very early on. Where did u find him? In this early stage I only manage to meet TBG, DY, XZ, CY, LPZ, H7G, Mr. Mok, Mi Jue, Ouyang Ke, a guy who use poison (a qing dynasty guy), a white hair guy (I think he is a doctor) and a guy who likes to drink wine (might be XF) but can't see ZWJ anywhere.
Last edited by kidd; 12-30-04 at 12:52 AM.
I bought it from 1 of the many software shops in M'sia.Originally Posted by JunBao
Last edited by kidd; 12-30-04 at 03:17 AM.
Kidd: No prob....its one of my fav old school RPGs...so I'm glad to share it with everyone.
1) You can only check your virtue at the south wisdom's house. No other place. You can check your fame points at north clown's place.
2) Instead of answering your question the normal way, instead I'd provide a short walkthrough. This is what I do right at the start. Get members!!! Go straight to TBG's place. Recruit him. After recruiting him, loot his house. Then go to the inn where DY is in. Recruit him. Get 6MSJ. Next stop the top most, left most of the map. Go there. You'll see mountains and nothing else, but actually theres a hidden passage there. Pass the small gap between the trees and go right all the way. Try to discover the hidden cave there. Go through the cave and when you come out the other side, you'll find ZWJ. But he won't join you just yet. While you're here you might want to stop by at the hidden cave opposite the one you just entered. You'll find some good stuff like Tian Shan Xue Lian (+Life and +Energy) and the ice silk worm that you need later. Now, go to the top right of the map where the snow is and look for your boat. Its along the coast. Once found, go towards the top of your monitor. Look for a snow covered island. This is Fire Ice Island. Go in, look for Xie Xun. Talk to him, once finished go get his hair on his bed. Go back and look for ZWJ. Talk to him. Show him the hair. Voila you can now recruit him. And you get 9YZJ (yiippee!!). Now time to go training. Go to the north, the place with snow and look nearby the inn there for a small hut. Thats Hu Fei's place. Go in and talk to him. He will challenge u to a fight. If he doesn't, get out of his house and go in again and talk to him again. Bring in your whole team into the fight. Whack him. Should be easy now that you've got help. Go out, go in and start the fight again. Level up your characters as much as possible. Remember to let yourself and your members train some skill so as to not waste the exp points. For yourself, use the Ye Qiu Quan as much as possible. You can only level this up by using it. And trust me, its worth it.
I'll stop here for the time being. Once you've sorted this out I can give you more guide.
Thanks alot Xiao Feng. I will try your suggestions.
So, how much virtue points can I get by doing good things? I want to make up for the points I lost in getting TBG because I want to get SPT (which u say is 60++ points). I lost 4 points just by asking TBG to join my group. I dunno how powerful SPT is in this game. But he is my fav Jin Yong character, so, I want to get him in my group.
SPT is a tank. He's a bit slow in learning skills (means he needs a lot of exp to up a skill level) but you only need to let him learn the Xia Ke Xing kungfu and the L/R technique and he'll be your one hit wonder. Huge life points, huge energy points.
If you choose the "good" path in completing missions then you'll get max virtue points pretty easily (which is 100). Anyway, I never had any troubles getting SPT to join me. The most trouble was getting XZ. I guess after you've helped ZWJ and YG your virtue should be enough to get SPT (read below).
Xiao Feng's guide part deux: After getting ZWJ and training at Hu Fei's place and levelling up to a respectable level. Go kick the frogs arse in Wu Liang cave (get some neat stuff and eat the frog to gain immunity to poison) and then go help YG at his cave (its near the snow part just before you reach the inn there, still on desert land of course). Whack a snake which is attacking the condor (get snake gall bladder for + energy pts.) and then listen to YG's sob story. Go to Jue Qing Gu (you need the boat for this, its behind the mountain behind Bai Hua Gu) to get the Duan Chang grass and go back and give it to YG. Go out of the cave and go in again. YG will be healed and he will now join you (get badass Iron Sword and Iron Sword skill). Now you can go to a cave in the desert. Its filled with spiders and are pretty tough at this stage. You might want to up a few levels (look for Hu Fei again) before trying this. get all the tresures in there including a wine which will help SPT. Now, assuming your lightness stat is high enough, you should be able to climb the mountain where SPT is. Its nearby the Kong dong mountain. Save SPT from fire deviation, leave the mountain, go up it again and he would now join you (Get clay figure skill which helps balance yin and yang of your energy). Loot the place and get a cool sword. End of part deux.
Side note: Oh yeah, the chap drinking wine in the inn is LHC. He is a bit tricky to get. Look for one of my previous posts where I explain how to get him. And Wei Xiao Bao will offer different things at different inns, so try to catch him at all the 5 or 6 inns in the game.
Last edited by Xiao Feng; 12-30-04 at 03:09 AM.
Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
Hi, would like to add on to Xiao Feng's post with regards to the sparring partner portion. Besides Hu Fei, whom i suggest u recruit early so as to build up his skills to fight miao ren feng to get the xue shan fei hu book, there are some other sparring partners who wont kill you after you lost to them.
1. Golden flower granny, who lives in an isolated island called ling she dao. You need to first release Hu qing niu's wife whom she captured to the island, then fight her. Subsequently u can go in and out of the island to fight her to increase ur experience. Good sparring partner for beginner levels
2. Ou Yang Ke. I like to fight this guy at the beginning because he is easy to defeat and can help to gain useful experience and up levels. But be careful, you will die if u lose to him.
3. Zhou Bo Tong. Dont expect to beat him in the early stages. Useful point earner in the latter stages when u have mastered many top level skills to beat him.
4. Zhang San Feng. Go to Wudang sect to look for him. After u lose to him at each level of combat (i think there are 3), he will giv u a manual for u to train up. (At the beginning after u lose to him in one stroke, he will giv u a manual to improve ur qinggong. You need to improve before looking for him again, if not he would just ask u to go back and train up after defeating you. At the next level, he would giv u Tai ji quan manual. Lastly is Tai ji sword manual. After u defeat him, he would say he got nothing to teach u liao)
5. Qiu Chu Ji of Quan Zhen Sect (beside Old Tomb Sect). Similar to ZSF, he will giv u manuals after u lose to him. But if u beat him, he would be angry and not share anything with you. So even u can beat him, must pretend to lose so he will share with you the skills