Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: arcade game for jin yong characters

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Thanks AresInvincible . You are a great help. You sure remember the game very clearly. Did u just play it recently?
    Hehe...I actually haven't play the game in awhile. But I did beat the game in no less than ten times, and the instruction booklet is very detailed.

Wei Xiao Bao is the only merchant in the game, however he appears randomly in all of the inns and sells different stuff. I couldn't find a pattern in his appearance, but you can still buy items from him even if you haven't done the Lu Ding Ji quest yet.

Quote Originally Posted by AresInvincible
    Wei Xiao Bao is the only merchant in the game, however he appears randomly in all of the inns and sells different stuff. I couldn't find a pattern in his appearance, but you can still buy items from him even if you haven't done the Lu Ding Ji quest yet.
    Oh, how can I do that? I really really need to buy that Pi Li Dao Fa. Hasn't WXB gone into hiding? (Note: I have already met the Shen Long Sect leader and he told me WXB has stolen LDJ. I have also gone to 5 Poison Sect and founf out that the Shen Long guy is lying. So, I have to fight him now, but not powerful enough).

Secondly, how can I get into Mei Zhuang (the 4 scholars' home)? It seems to be always locked. I need to get some wine from them before can get Li Hu Chong , right?

I finally got the Bi Xue Jian novel . Haha, the cave is so tricky. It's not like other caves where the entrance is a big hole. This one u have to do like Harry Potter and walk through a wall .

I have replace CLS with YCZ. I do miss this girl. She is the only one who can use the Medicine King's manual. I'm so tempted to replace XZ with CLS. This guy learn things so slowly, and unlike SPT, has very low defense (maybe because his level is still low, but I never have any problem with SPT's defense even when his level is still low). Kinda hard to train him up.

Btw, I realise that my main character is pretty stupid . Takes 5000 pts to learn the 18 figurine skills and can't learn BMSG and Tai Chi Sword. Maybe I can learn L/R technique too . Hope it's not the case where, I'm not clever enough to learn BMSG, but not stupid enough to learn L/R technique either.

Will I lost lots of points if I follow MRF's suggestion and get the evidence of XF's ethnicity from Shaolin to blackmail XF to get the TLBB? If I choose this route, I can't get WYY to follow me anymore, right?

Lastly, where the hell is XLN? I can't seem to make any progress in the ROCH storyline. I brought YG to the tomb hoping he can show me how to get in, but he never did. I went and look for Ying Gu, but the woman was not at home. I went to 1 Deng's house several times, and he was never at home either. I'm currently not powerful enough to fight either Qiu Qian Ren or Zhou Buo Tong. Do I need to defeat these guys first before I can't find Ying Gu, 1D and XLN?

AresInvincible: You can buy stuff from WXB before getting Lu Ding Ji, but once you've gone to Shen Long Jiao and spoken to the leader he will dissapear for a while. Only after you've solved Lu Ding Ji will he appear again.

Kidd: You need to train more then if you think you can't beat the Shen Long Jiao Zhu. I don't bout you guys, but I've always liked to buff up to ridiculous levels before I start to do serious stuff, unless I needed to get some manuals or characters.

Talk to the waiter in the inn where LHC is. Buy wine from the waiter. Give it to LHC. He'll say its crap and he'll continue to ignore you. Talk to the waiter again. He'll tell you the best wine can be found at Mei Zhuang. Then it'll be open. But you still can't get the wine cos the 4th scholar is in front of the bottle of wine. So get him the painting (which can be found in one of the boxes inside LPZ's place). He'll challenge you to a fight and if you beat him, he goes looking for his 3rd brother and you can get the wine. Give it to LHC, he'll say its good wine but he needs a good cup. Go get the cup at Ou Yang Ke's place. Give it to LHC. He drinks it and is finally happy and will join you. Go straight to the place behind Hua Shan and look for Feng Qing Yang to get DG9J. And voila! you've got the best swordsman in the game.

There are a lot of hidden caves (where you can't see the opening) that holds a lot of goodies. One in the snowy mountains, one near the cave where you found ZWJ, one near Wu Liang cave...

Did you bring XZ to Su Xing He? If you didn't hurry up and go. You get a free boost and some manuals. The place is the one right next to Hong 7 Gong's place.

You're definitely dumb enough to learn L/R technique . Good for you! Bad news is it takes ages to learn Dragon Palms or 9 Yang.

AresInvincible: You can buy stuff from WXB before getting Lu Ding Ji, but once you've gone to Shen Long Jiao and spoken to the leader he will dissapear for a while. Only after you've solved Lu Ding Ji will he appear again.

Kidd: You need to train more then if you think you can't beat the Shen Long Jiao Zhu. I don't bout you guys, but I've always liked to buff up to ridiculous levels before I start to do serious stuff, unless I needed to get some manuals or characters.

Talk to the waiter in the inn where LHC is. Buy wine from the waiter. Give it to LHC. He'll say its crap and he'll continue to ignore you. Talk to the waiter again. He'll tell you the best wine can be found at Mei Zhuang. Then it'll be open. But you still can't get the wine cos the 4th scholar is in front of the bottle of wine. So get him the painting (which can be found in one of the boxes inside LPZ's place). He'll challenge you to a fight and if you beat him, he goes looking for his 3rd brother and you can get the wine. Give it to LHC, he'll say its good wine but he needs a good cup. Go get the cup at Ou Yang Ke's place. Give it to LHC. He drinks it and is finally happy and will join you. Go straight to the place behind Hua Shan and look for Feng Qing Yang to get DG9J. And voila! you've got the best swordsman in the game.

There are a lot of hidden caves (where you can't see the opening) that holds a lot of goodies. One in the snowy mountains, one near the cave where you found ZWJ, one near Wu Liang cave...

Did you bring XZ to Su Xing He? If you didn't hurry up and go. You get a free boost and some manuals. The place is the one right next to Hong 7 Gong's place.

You're definitely dumb enough to learn L/R technique . Good for you! Bad news is it takes ages to learn Dragon Palms or 9 Yang.

Blackmailing XF is the bad way to solve TLBB. Good way is to challenge him for it. Lose virtue pts for bad way, gain virtue pts for good way. But you can get the evidence without losing any pts. Just don't use it

Go look for Zhou Bo Tong. Give him the honey you got from YG. Leave and go back in again. They'll be a bunch of bee hives now. Go investigate the bee hives and talk to Zhou Bo Tong. Now take the ship to Jue Qing Gu. But instead of going into Jue Qing Gu, go behind it to the waterfall. There you will find XLN.

Thanks or the many tips, Xiao Feng.

Yeah, I've brought XZ to meet Su Xing He already, but his defense is still annoyingly weak. I have to let him wear a protection vest. Su Xing He also tell him to find his disciple (the doctor) before we go to meet Ding Chun Chiu but I can't seem to find that guy. Is he important?

As for the training part. It's good that u have so much patience. It get pretty boring when all u did is train. So, got to do something for a change. Furthermore, like u said, I have to retrieve characters and items. Actually, I did spend quite some time training every time I started the game. My main character, ZWJ, and HF are quite strong now and while SPT's attack is not strong yet, his defenses is high (these 4 characters has been with me the longest time). But my problem is I want every member to survive in each battle. I'll consider it a failure if there's only 1 or 2 standing after the battle. I don't want to lost precious experience points for defeated teammates.

I've already got the cup and painting. So, all I need to do is talk to the waiter twice. Ok, I'll try this tonight and also check out the hidden caves to tell me about.

Btw, can I know the make up of your team? Who is your permenant team members? Did u leave a slot just to recruit members to get their items (or to recruit them in case you virtue pts change and can't do it later) then drop them?

From your experience, can u rank these swordmen?
    - Linghu Chong
    - Yang Guo
    - Lin Ping Zhi
    - Yuen Cheng Zhi
    (r there anymore swordmen around?)
    Last edited by kidd; 01-27-05 at 04:56 AM.

I didn't really like XZ. Reasons being, like you said, he sux big *** even after getting the boosts from Wu Ya Zi. He gets 3 skills, namely Xiao Wu Xiang Gong, Tian Shan 6 Yang Zhang and 1 lightness skill, which are mediocre. The only plus point is you get to go kick DCQ's butt and you get to recruit the Xue Mu Hua. Xue Mu Hua's (the doctor you are looking for) place is south of Su Xing He's place. He isn't important as I've never recruited him, but the good thing about doctors is you can loot lots of medicine from their place after you recruit them without losing virtue pts and you get their books on medicine. From AresInvincible's guide earlier, all you have to do is show him XZ's ring and he'll offer to join.

The makeup of my team (usually):
    1) Zhang Wu Ji (always good to have around because of his 9 Yang, high defense and healing skills. Also because you can get him early)
    2) Shi Po Tian (a tank, once you give him Tai Xuan Shen Gong and L/R technique)
    3) Hu Fei (kicks huge *** once you give him Pi Li Dao and Pi Li Dao Fa. Plus you need him to beat Miao Ren Feng)
    4) LingHu Chong (learns stuff incredibly fast and has DG9J which owns big time)
    5) This spot I reserve for different ppl depending on availability, certain game requirements, wanting to see how a character specific skill is or according to my liking at the moment.
    Usual suspects: Yang Guo (does loads of damage off the mark with his Xuan Tie Jian Fa (ownz) coupled with Xuan Tie Jian and you get Sad Palms, which are not too bad). Duan Yu (useless defense but has great lightness stat and he has 6 Mai Shen Jian, which is quite good and you get Bei Ming Shen Gong and Ling Bo Wei Bu).

Thats my usual crew. I'll usually swap the 5th spot with any other character I come across who I can recruit to get their stuff or if I'm required to get them by the game. Examples, Tien Bo Guang, Xiao Long Nu (to bail my *** when I'm too weak at the start). Xu Zhu to get all the Xiao Yao goodies and to get a chance to whack Ding Chun Qiu. Ling Ping Zhi to get Pi Xie Jian Fa (which is just badass).

Always recruit all the characters that you can recruit. Why? Because you get all their manuals and items and you can loot their place without penalty.

Ranking Swordsman:
    1) LHC (because he learns fast and you get DG9J)
    2) YG (because you get lots of goodies and he's not too shabby when you first get him)
    3) Yuan Cheng Zi (lots of goodies and quite strong when you first get him)
    * YCZ is not a good as YG because YG gives better goodies *
    4) Ling Ping Zhi (hopeless. Only reason to get him is Pi Xie Jian Fa. He can learn L/R technique though)

Got Linghu Chong yesterday. He really is a great character, learning things so fast. I increase 8 levels for him in 1 playing. Super fast.

I've increase my Ye Ciu Quan to level 8 liao, but still found it quite weak compared to 9 Yang, Tai Chi Quan and Tai Xuan Shen Gong. Didn't feel it is that kickass of a martial art.

By snowy mountains, do u mean the mountains in the snowy area or the mountains surrounding Lin Xiu Cheng (the place where I get the Xia Ke Island invitation).

I've also manage to get Lu Ding Ji . So, WXB is back, but the guy's hard to find. I manage only to meet him once after I get Lu Ding Ji and he didn't sell Pi Li Dao Fa at that time. Instead he was selling 'Zhou Gong Jian' and '7 Shang Quan'.

Anyway, got 100 virtue pts already. Is that full mark? My fame pts is about 63. What will happen when I get 100 fame pts?

Now, my permenant members are same like yours, Xiao Feng.
    1. Zhang Wu Ji
    2. Shi Po Tian
    3. Hu Fei
    4. LingHu Chong

I found Yuan Cheng Zhi not bad. He didn't lost a whole loads of internal energy just after 2 or 3 attacks like YG did and he has already max out the golden Snake Skills when I got him. But LingHu Chong learn things 2 times faster. So, got to go for LingHu Chong.
    Last edited by kidd; 01-27-05 at 09:33 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    Really? Haven't play the game for a long time, but I still remember seeing him after talking to Hong An Tong and before fighting Lan Feng Huang. Besides, how would you know if he actually goes to hiding during that time? His appearance is completely random, so how could you tell?

Anyway, here are a few (random) hints:
    When you're in a dark cave, press L and watch the miracle happen;
    In caves you sometimes see gray stuff laying on the ground. Face them and pick them up. You can make the strongest throwing weapons (An Qi-don't know how to say in English) when you have those things and is learning from the manual you get from Pi Li Tang Island.

Ye Qiu Quan's power is very low through levels 1 to 9, but be prepared to watch in amazement when you train it to level 10 and can one-hit KO almost any character in the game. (After you learn L/R Technique, one-hit KO with Ye Qiu Quan is a guarantee)

If I remembered correctly, Wei Xiao Bao only sells Pi Li Dao Fa at the inn in snow. He always sell different items at different places, for example you can only buy Dragon Elephant Bo Ruo Gong from him at the inn by your house.

Yes, your virtual point is at max, however, nothing happens when your fame gets to 100! Only when your fame gets to at least 200 and you have all 14 books with you, the invitation to Hua Shan tournament can appear on your table at home. Once you read it, all of the characters that can join you will disappear, so be really careful not to touch it unless you want to finish the game.

PS: Xiao Feng, my team setup is EXACTLY THE SAME as yours.

Hahaha, thats the best team one could make really. Unless you could recruit Zhou Bo Tong and Guo Jing or Dong Fang Bu Bai. That'll be something else.

AresInvincible: Well I tried looking for WXB during the claimed dissapearing period and he never showed up. And I tried a looooooonnng time to find him, so I sort of guessed that he was supposed to go missing.

What happens when you press L in a dark cave? You get a torchlight?

Hey, I didn't know about them rocks.

Yeah, he only sells certain items at certain inns.
    List of inns:
    1) The one near your house - Ruan Wei Jia, Long Xiang Bo Re Gong.
    2) The one where you found DY - Pi Li Kuang Dao
    3) The one where XZ is - don't remember
    4) The one where LHC is - don't remember
    5) The one near HF's house - Pi Li Dao Fa
    Warning:This is just off the top of my head and might not be accurate. There are other quite good stuff, like Tian Shan Xue Lian etc that are worth buying.

Like AresInvincible said, Ye Qiu Quan only shows its true worth at level 10. And the good thing about Ye Qiu Quan is, as you may already have noticed, it doesn't use any inner energy pts to use, only fitness pts. And those will keep regenerating if you rest during a fight. So If you've got high lightness stat, you can run around the fighting area resting and recuperating without the enemy touching you.

Ok, snowy mountain thing. Its the mountains behind Hu Fei's house. One way to find out the coordinates by cheating, hehehe. Theres this map in Miao Ren Feng's house that shows you the place. He will actually tell you to loot his place once you've beaten him with Hu Fei and get Fei Hu Wai Zhuan. You get the map and a curved sabre. If you haven't got to this part and you don't think Hu Fei can beat Miao Ren Feng yet (its really difficult to beat him with just Hu Jia Dao Fa), then cheat . Save before attempting, so you don't lose virtue pts. After saving go in Miao ren feng's place and get the map. Check out the coordinates. After that, load back the previous save game. Voila!
    Warning: The cave is full of very tough abominable snowman like creatures. They've got HUGE life pts. The reward is Xue Shan Fei Hu and LOTS of money.

Check this out, it is a guide for this game, probably the one someone mentioned earlier. It is in Chinese, by the way.

http://arch.pconline.com.cn/games/gl...0111/7428.html

This WXB. When I don't need him, he is always around. But when I want to buy things from him, he is no where to be seen. I've looking for this guy for 3 days.

Guess I have to teach Hu Fei other powerful skills like 9 Yang to him to beat MRF.

Thanks Swordwiz for the guide.

Usually when I had to fight MRF with HF, I have already acquired the Dragon Sabre and it's a piece of cake fighting MRF.

Quote Originally Posted by AresInvincible
    Usually when I had to fight MRF with HF, I have already acquired the Dragon Sabre and it's a piece of cake fighting MRF.
    How do u get Dragon Sabre? Isn't the Dragon Sabre with Xie Xun? How do u make him give it up?

According to the article on how to get Shen Diao Xia Nu,

花谷送玉蜂浆给周伯通,看有刻字的玉蜂→绝情谷後山找到小龙女(当然要带杨过)→古墓的石棺→取得神雕侠侣 。

I do all the above already. I give the honey to Zhou Bo Tong, saw the bees, go to Jue Qing Gu and found Xiao Long Nu. Xiao Long Nu and Yang Guo unite and they both go to Ancient Tomb. I go to Ancient Tomb to find them. Both offer to join my team. But they never give me Shen Diao Xia Nu. I try to look for items in tomb, but did find any boxes. Some of the doors can't be open. I did reach the place with a lot of coffins, but can't open them.

Check the coffins, you should find the book and also 9 yin there.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwiz
    Check the coffins, you should find the book and also 9 yin there.
    I'll recheck again later. But I've already go near every coffin and click it, but nothing happen. I'll try more thoroughly next time.

Haha, I think I'll most probably finished all the tasks before I can see that elusive WXB again. I should have bought the Pi Li Dau Fa early in the game when XWB was everywhere even if it's going to bankrupt me.

Well, if you have WYY, it shouldn't be too hard to battle anyone, so the Lu Ding Ji book shouldn't be too hard.

Well, if you have WYY, it shouldn't be too hard to battle anyone, so the Lu Ding Ji book shouldn't be too hard.
    I've already got the Lu Ding Ji book. I just want to find WXB now to buy the Pi Li Dau Fa from him to train up Hu Fei. Now, the strongest sabre skill Hu Fei has is Hu Jia Dao Fa and that's pretty weak compared to other top notch skills like Dugu 9 Jian, the Heavy Sword skill, Tai Xuan Shen Gong, Ye Qiu Quan and Tai Chi Quan.

Btw, I need to get all the ingediants to make a certain delicacy for Hung 7 Gong. I've already got 4 ingredients. The only 1 left I thing is the mutton. Where can I get it? At the Hui tribe where Huo Ching Tong stayed (just a guest since raw meat most probably will be found in small house and tents than big sect)?

I dunno whether I want now to get WYY, so early before fight Xiao Feng. I have to give up a lot of members to accomdate WYY since she won't go without her dear cousin and I have to get all 3 together (MRF,WYY,DY) or none at all before I fight XF in order to be able to get WYY later.

Oh, sorry, I thought you still haven't gotten that book yet, and that was why you weren't able to find him. My fight with Hu Fei was one of the most annoying in the game, I used my level 10 Hu Jia Dao Fa with a lot of weak healing items, and finally beat the guy. If you don't want to wait for WXB, and have some patience, then just go fight him now. Maybe give Hu Fei some rare items to increase his max HP or something.

The mutton can be found on a mountain in the north, you need a certain lightness to get up, but I assume you would have that by now anyway. Heres the coordinates:

云鹤崖 (17,15)

Once you get the delicacy for Hung 7 Gong, go train it up and Xiao Feng should be pretty easy. Or if you have a good Ye Qiu Quan that would work pretty well too.

Once you get WYY, the game is basically over, because she doubles your damage, and decreases damage done by others by half. All the battles will end before they even start.

Once you get the delicacy for Hung 7 Gong, go train it up and Xiao Feng should be pretty easy. Or if you have a good Ye Qiu Quan that would work pretty well too.

Once you get WYY, the game is basically over, because she doubles your damage, and decreases damage done by others by half. All the battles will end before they even start.
    Pi Xie Jian Fa would be a good option too for beating Xiao Feng.

Shit!!! Swordwiz...I didn't know that WYY does that for your team. Do you include her in the fight? or just have her in the team? But its not too bad that I missed out on this, I still kicked huge *** without her . Theres no doubt I would have kicked bigger *** and faster with her though.

The mutton can be found on a mountain in the north, you need a certain lightness to get up, but I assume you would have that by now anyway. Heres the coordinates:

云鹤崖 (17,15)
    Eh? I've already loot 云鹤崖 place. Maybe it's something else I left out. Here's what I got:
    - a pieace of red color triangular meat (I think it's the ear of some animal)
    - a rabbit
    - an internal organ that shape like a drumstick (whitish grey color)
    - a bloody heart or something I got from Yue Lau San.

Btw, I never can understand this coordinate. Where is (0,0) and how do u now the coordinate? It was not written anywhere on the game interface and there's no small map u can see like in 'Secrets of Mana'.