Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: arcade game for jin yong characters

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Eh? I've already loot 云鹤崖 place. Maybe it's something else I left out. Here's what I got:
    - a pieace of red color triangular meat (I think it's the ear of some animal)
    - a rabbit
    - an internal organ that shape like a drumstick (whitish grey color)
    - a bloody heart or something I got from Yue Lau San.

Btw, I never can understand this coordinate. Where is (0,0) and how do u now the coordinate? It was not written anywhere on the game interface and there's no small map u can see like in 'Secrets of Mana'.
    You know theres this item shaped like a wheel (more like one of those water mills). Thats the thing used to check coordinates.

I think I got the 5 places.
    1) The hut on the mountain up north (snowy part)
    2) Snake Island (Jin Hua Po Po's place)
    3) Yue Lao San's place
    4) Xing Xiu Hai (Ding Chun Qiu's place)
    5) Cheng Kun's place. Its sort of on a peninsula of sorts thats located near the temple where you find Ah Zhi and You Tan Zhi.

I think I covered it.
    Last edited by Xiao Feng; 02-01-05 at 02:13 AM.

She will have the effects as long as she is in the battle.

Whoops, sorry, I got it confused with another place, have you been here yet?

星宿海(132,410)

This is Ding Chun Qiu's home, by the way. I think that is the place your looking for. And about the coordinates, remember the first house you went to? The one with the old guy, south of your home? Next to the guy, there is a cupboard, and if you grab the item inside, it will tell the coordinate of your current spot, and the coordinate of your boat. You will probably know how to work the thing from there.

Edit: Yeah, Xiao Feng, that is the item I am talking about above.

Thanks Xiao Feng and Swordwiz.

Haha, I was being all honest/morally, so I didn't loot Golden Flower Grandma's place, because unlike the others, she didn't join me or give me permission to loot her place and her place is not deserted.

About the wheel thing, I was wondering all along what's that wheel thing is for. Now, I know.

That little bit wont hurt you

Yeah, in this case you have to loot the place. It won't hurt too much.

Help! I'm stuck again. I have problem finishing 'Shi Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan' and 'Xiao Au Jiang Hu'.

Shi Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan:
    After meeting the Yang couple at Ancient Tomb and gotten 'Shen Diao Xia Nu' and 9 Yin manual, I went to get Cheng Ying and then went to Yi Gu's place. This time Ying Gu was in and she told me to kill 1 Deng. I go talk to 1 Deng and heard his version of event. I then went back to see Yi Gu and told 1 Deng side of story. Yi Gu then asked me to save ZBT in Tao Hua Dao. I told her, ZBT's not there anymore. She then asked me to bring ZBT to her and she will tell be there where abouts of 'Shi Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan'. So, I go bring ZBT to her. She then told me that the book is in Tao Hua Dao and gave me this coordinate (314,138) which is suppose to help me get to Tao Hua Dao. Here is where I am stuck.
    I went to this coordinate, but it's in the middle of the sea!!! There was an island nearby which I assume it's Tao Hua Dao (it has many orange colored trees surrounding a mansion). But I cannot get through the orange trees to get into the mansion.

Xiao Au Jiang Hu:
    I've done all the things needed to get Linghu Chong and have gone to meet Feng Qing Yang. I've also talk/fight with leaders in Heng Shan (Mr. Mok), Tai Shan, and Hua Shan. They all told me about Zhua Leng Cheng from Song Shan and say they will meet him in the Wu Lin meeting. I read in an earlier message in this thread that I need to go fight ZLC next. But I when I go to his place, he is not in and his his guards/students refuse to fight me or let me into the place. They said he has gone to the Wu Lin meeting. So, I go to the Wu Lin meeting place next to Hua Shan and the guard there refuse to let me in either. I've also gone to Mei Zhuang (the 4 scholars place). I've stolen the wine from the 4th brother previously and has shown him the painting. He was supposed to ask his 3rd brother to fight with me. I went to meet his 3rd brother, but said brother refuse to fight me either or request anything from me. I can't get to the 2nd and 1st brothers' place because the doors to their room are close. So, what am I suppose to do now. Do I need to go loot 1 of the 5 Peak Sects to get an invitation to the Wu Lin meeting (I did that to get the invitation to LZF hand washing ceremony)?

Btw, I've finally got to level 10 of Ye Qiu Quan. Yeah, this skill is so worth training for. It's amazing how much damage it can do at level 10. Coupled with L/R technique, I KOed ZBT in 1 move. This is a great help in leveling up other players.

Too bad I can't learn 18 Dragon Palm. Maybe my palm stats is too low. All my stats is around 30-60. I think the palm stat is around 50. It seems that my character cannot learn any high level martial arts except 9 Yang but only low level ones. I can't learn 18 Dragon Palm but can learn Iron Palm. I can't learn Tai Chi Sword but can learn the cheap sword skill found in LPZ place (not Pi Xia Jian Fa).
    It's a good thing that I'm stupid enough to learn L/R technique. Coupled this with Ye Qiu Quan, I'm invincible .

Anyway, I'm a pretty good doctor. I can make medicine following Hu Qing Niu's book and healing ability has gone up to 60.

Still cannot find WXB. I've given up ever getting Pi Li Dao Fa already. Currently, I'm just help HF finishing his Be Ming Shen Gong and 9 Yang and leveling his up as much as possible.

Btw, what the use of Heng Shan (the nuns Sect)? This is the only Sect I haven't fight. Also, Tai Shan is the only Sect I looted but I only take the invitation and nothing else.

Isn't Cheng Ying supposed to help you get into Tao Hua Dao? I could be wrong.

Wei Xiao Bao shows up outside of Inns every so often to sell you things.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Isn't Cheng Ying supposed to help you get into Tao Hua Dao? I could be wrong.
    I thought so. So, I also brought Cheng Ying to Tao Hua Dao. But she didn't volunteer any info like she did in Ying Gu's place. My sister have also done this before (bringing Cheng Ying to Tao Hua Dao) and she also told me it's no help.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    Wei Xiao Bao shows up outside of Inns every so often to sell you things.
    He didn't show up that often anymore ever since I talk to Hong An Tong. I have only met him once after I solved Lu Ding Ji and I did try hard looking for him. I visit the inns whenever I can. In the inn where WXB sells Pi Li Dao Fa, I go in and out the in again and again many many times hoping he would appear. But he never did. I try this four 4 days already.

Dude, where will you be without us

Kidding!

Anyway, heres some pointers for you.

She diao ying xiong zhuan
    Go onto the island (yup the one with the orange trees) at those coordinates. Yup those coordinates are on the island. Go to that exact spot. That is where the entrance is. You can't see it, its just there like those hidden caves. No need for Cheng Ying or anybody.

Xiao ao jiang hu
    You have to save RWX. To do that you need to get through the 4 scholars. If you remember the story, XWT used stuff to tempt each and everyone of them. Same here. There are 4 items to tempt the 4 of them. Painting for the 4th, a poem/writing of some kind for the 3rd, a chess board for the 2nd and a musical scorechart or something for the 1st. They will challenge you for it one by one and once you're through all 4, finish talking and leave. Go in again and talk to each one and specifically the 2nd. He'll tell you how to go meet RWX and then the doors will open. (I can't remember the exact sequence of events but try talking and going out and in). Go in the main part of the house and go to the room on the left and near the table will be a secret passage. Find RWX, he knocks you unconcious, you wake up, he's gone, take Xi Xing Da Fa from a basket there. Done. Now, from here I don't remember correctly but if you've already got the Hei Mu Ya Ling then go to Hei Mu Ya. Kick lots of *** and I mean lots. Do some go in and out sequences and get Xiao Ao Jiang Hu. Go back after you get the book and challenge RWX for Kui Hua Bao Dian.

Palm skills
    You can try to increase your palm stats by learning 9 Ying or some other palm skill that you can learn like Iron palm. It will increase your palm stat and maybe high enough to learn Dragon palms.

Pi Li Dao Fa
    You do know that WXB stands at different places in the inn or around it at different inns right?
    At the snowy inn, he stands inside the inn behind the inn owner.

Heng Shan? Nothing much, beat them and get their sword manual and may lose a few virtue pts. Not sure. Nothing important but may be an important sequence to complete Xiao Ao Jiang Hu so go there and beat them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao Feng
    Dude, where will you be without us
    I am eternally grateful.

She diao ying xiong zhuan
    Go onto the island (yup the one with the orange trees) at those coordinates. Yup those coordinates are on the island. Go to that exact spot. That is where the entrance is. You can't see it, its just there like those hidden caves. No need for Cheng Ying or anybody.
    That is the problem. I go to that coordinate, but it's not on the island. It's in the middle of the sea. The island is nearby but not on that coordinate. Did I get the coordinate wrong?

Update: I just check that helpful guide provided by Swordwiz. Silly me, I did get the coordinate wrong. It's (341,138) not (314,138). Must go see eye doctor.

Pi Li Dao Fa
    You do know that WXB stands at different places in the inn or around it at different inns right?
    At the snowy inn, he stands inside the inn behind the inn owner.
    Yeah, I know WXB stand in different places at different inn. But I guess I've forgotten that WXB stand inside the inn for the snow inn. So, I didn't look inside the inn. Just around it. I'll go an take a look tonight. Thanks XF.
    But I do know where XWB stands in the Dragon Inn and the Inn near my house. But he hasn't been around those 2 inns either since the last time I met him in Dragon Inn.

Xiao ao jiang hu
    You have to save RWX. To do that you need to get through the 4 scholars. If you remember the story, XWT used stuff to tempt each and everyone of them. Same here. There are 4 items to tempt the 4 of them. Painting for the 4th, a poem/writing of some kind for the 3rd, a chess board for the 2nd and a musical scorechart or something for the 1st. They will challenge you for it one by one and once you're through all 4, finish talking and leave. Go in again and talk to each one and specifically the 2nd. He'll tell you how to go meet RWX and then the doors will open. (I can't remember the exact sequence of events but try talking and going out and in). Go in the main part of the house and go to the room on the left and near the table will be a secret passage. Find RWX, he knocks you unconcious, you wake up, he's gone, take Xi Xing Da Fa from a basket there. Done. Now, from here I don't remember correctly but if you've already got the Hei Mu Ya Ling then go to Hei Mu Ya. Kick lots of *** and I mean lots. Do some go in and out sequences and get Xiao Ao Jiang Hu. Go back after you get the book and challenge RWX for Kui Hua Bao Dian.
    Ok, I'll try. I did remember showing the 3rd brother some stuff, but he didn't respond. I'll try showing the poem/writing (if the item I think is the poem really is, cos I can't read half the stuff written about this item ) to him.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-02-05 at 05:45 AM.

You have to visit/battle the all 5 sects before the storyline will continue. When you've been to all of them at least once go to Song Sect and the battles there will start. At that time, if you have LHC in your party, he will challange everyone there alone. If you want to fight them yourself, just don't include LHC in your party.

Also, for Mei Juang, for the third brother, you have to get the piece of writing from the Song Sect, so you will have to finish the part above first.

Quote Originally Posted by Swordwiz
    You have to visit/battle the all 5 sects before the storyline will continue. When you've been to all of them at least once go to Song Sect and the battles there will start. At that time, if you have LHC in your party, he will challange everyone there alone. If you want to fight them yourself, just don't include LHC in your party.

Also, for Mei Juang, for the third brother, you have to get the piece of writing from the Song Sect, so you will have to finish the part above first.
    Ah yes! Swordwiz...you are always handy to refresh my memory.

The 4 items that the 4 idiots at Mei Zhuang wants and the location to find it:
    1) Painting - at LPZ's place.
    2) Writing - at Song Mt. Sect. A room on the left (I think). The stupid chest which holds it is hidden behind the wall. I had a nigtmare looking for it the first time because you can't see it.
    3) Chess board - at MRF's place. One of the chests there holds it.
    4) Music score - at the temple where you found Ah Zhi and YTZ. Its behind the temple itself. Theres a hidden pasageway at the right hand side. You'll find a grave there. Use the shovel that you get from Huo Qing Niu's place to dig up the score.

I've tried going out and back in the inns many times, but never had a chance to meet WXB this way. But hey, it's just my experience, maybe you can be lucky enough to make him appear!

In order to learn Dragon 18 Palm your conditions must be:
    -Yang internal energy
    -Strength 65+
    -Palm skill 65+

You can increase your palm/sword/knife/etc. skills by learning their respective manuals, such as the first sword skill you got at LPZ's. The requirement to learn that manual is to have 20+ swordskill. After the level of that technique increases, your swordskill increases by 1, so when you max out the technique, your swordskill should have increased by10 (plus the increments you get as yourself level up), which then allows you to learn more difficult techniques. On a side note, you can't learn Tai Chi Sword. The requirement of that technique is:
    -Sword skill 20+
    -Intelligence 70+
    You are too stupid!

You get Hei Mu Ling Pai the same time you find Xi Xing Da Fa, so don't worry about looking for it.

On Hei Mu Ya, you get to fight the strongest NPC in game--Undefeated East. This heshe's strength, defense, and speed are all 99. Heshe knows Kui Hua Sheng Gong, which deals area damage around 300 life points (Pi Xie Jian Fa does the same amount, however you have to stand right in-front of the oponent to use that technique and it only deals damage with one person). Undefeated East has lots of HP, but with L/R technique+Wild Ball, heshe can be killed in one round. Just make sure your speed is better than himher.

Kui Hua Bao Dian isn't that great. You may think you actually get to learn Undefeated East's super technique, but no, the manual is used the same way as 9 Ying. If you still want to train with it, you know what you have to do...(Hint: Same as Pi Xie Jian Fa)

PS: Has any of you played the sequel to this game? It's called Wulin Qunxia Zhuan, and the setting is 100 years after the end of JinYong Qunxia Zhuan.

I remember playing Wulin Qunxia Zhuan, one main thing that is carried over is the statue of the main character in JinYong QunXia Zhuan in Luo Yang. The graphics in Wulin Qunxia Zhuan are more cartoonish, but of course much more detailed. I can't remember too much else about it, since I don't think I ever got to finish the game.

Thanks AresInvincible,

I can learn 18 Dragon Palm already after I train up on Iron Palm. Does Dugu 9 Jian need inteligence too? I an currently training up the Song Shan Sword so that I can learn Dugu 9 Jian later. There's nothing much I can learn now since the other palm skills I have are as powerful as Ye Qiu Cheun, 9 Yang and 18 Dragon palm. I can learn Tai Chi Quan, but what's the point when I have already max out my fist palm/fist stats and I have Ye Qiu Quan?

Having Ye Qui Quan is really a great asset. I can learn 18 Dragon palm in no time because I can KO ZBT in 1 go and get 1500+ pts for each match. For other characters, fighting the Song Shan Gang is better because their attack not as damaging as ZBT, so if I just KO ZLC and let the other character fight all his underlings, that other character can get around 1000+ pts for each fight.

As for WXB, still haven't met him yet.

I also found out that LHC can't learn 9 Yin, even after I thought him Xiao Wu Xiang Gong which suppose to allow a character to learn both Yin and Yang martial art.

So, far I've gotten these books:

- Shu Jian En Chou Lu
    - Bi Xie Jian
    - Xue Shan Fei Hu
    - She Diao Ying Xiong Zhuan
    - Shen Diao Xia Lu
    - Tian Long Ba Bu
    - Xia Ke Xing
    - Lu Ding Ji

How can I get these books? I'm not familiar with these stories at all.

- Lian Cheng Jue
    - Bai Ma Xiao Xi Feng
    - Yuan Yang Dao

So, u can say that other than saving Di Yun, I have made 0 progress on these part of the game.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-02-05 at 09:17 PM.

DuGu 9 Jian is character specific I think. Means only LHC can learn it. Much like 6 Mai Shen Jian and Tai Xuan Shen Gong.

About fighting the Song Shan gang, I remember the first time I played the game I used to challenge Kong Dong or some other sect all the time to train my skills and I discover than I lost virtues pts for doing that. I don't know if you will lose virtue pts for challenging the Song Shan flunkies but I think its wise to check it out.

LHC definitely can learn 9 Yin. Are you sure his inner energy is neutral? If its not, neutralise it with the 18 figurine skill.

Those 3 are easy books to get.

Lian Cheng Jue
    Theres a cave in the patch of mountains near LPZ's place. Somewhere around the area of LPZ, TBG and South Wiseguys place. In there you'll find a book of Tang poems. I think Di Yun is supposed to tell you the location. Use the book and go to North clowns place and use the water on it. It'll tell you about the location of the book and its at the temple near MRF's place, around that area. Its small so look carefully. Go in there and you have a big fight. AFter that go behind the Buddha figurine and get the book.

Bai Ma Xiao Xi Feng
    Super easy. Go to a broken hut in the desert area. There a hidden passage underneath a mat or something. Push it and it will reveal the pasageway. Go in and you'll see a big stone door. Without YG's sword and a good enough strength stat you can't open it. If your strength is good and you have the Iron Sword then you'll slice through the door and enter inside. the book is in there somewhere.

Yuan Yang Dao
    Just get the 2 knifes and go to the island. Refer to my earlier guide about island locations. Where to find the 2 knifes I've forgotten. Hehehe. Anybody remembers?

I believe one knife is from TBG's house, the other is from the gold chests from the Xuei Shan Fei Hu book.

About fighting the Song Shan gang, I remember the first time I played the game I used to challenge Kong Dong or some other sect all the time to train my skills and I discover than I lost virtues pts for doing that. I don't know if you will lose virtue pts for challenging the Song Shan flunkies but I think its wise to check it out.
    I've checked this out. It won't decrease your virtue points fight the Song Shan Gang. I have 99 pts before fight them and still maintain that pts after fighting them for 4 rounds.
    So, 1 more place to level up characters.

Wulin QunXia Zhuan has two modes - RPG mode and SLG mode. RPG mode is like JinYong QunXia Zhuan, except only your main character can learn skills. SLG mode is the cartoonish looking one, and it's really fun. These two modes interchanges with the story (yes, this game actually has a story---not cameo appearances from JinYong novels!)

LHC definitely can learn 9 Yin. Are you sure his inner energy is neutral? If its not, neutralise it with the 18 figurine skill.
    I don't think LHC can learn 9 Yin. Yes, I have white inner energy but I have learn the 18 figurine skill twice to neutralize his inner energy ( 內力 ), but he still can't learn 9 yin. I even let him learn Xiao Wu Xiang Gong before that for the same purpose. DY also has white 內力, but he didn't have any problem learn 9 Yin.

Btw, I've tried out WYY. She didn't really double her allies' attack and half the enemies' attack. It's more like she add 100+pts to her allies' attack and minus 100+pts from the enemies'. Also, the decreasing damage pts part didn't seem to work for enemies with low attack level. I have WYY with while sparring with ZBT. Without her, the damages I caused with YQQ is 600+, with WYY, the damages only increase to 700+. When I was fighting the Song Shan Gang, ZLC's students/underlings damages was around 15pts. After adding WYY, the damages are still around 15pts. But ZBT's attack did decrease to 50pts with WYY in the group.

I've beaten Miao Ren Feng already, but not with Pi Li Dao Fa (I still can't find WXB. Maybe there's something wrong with my program. I did close the program improperly once when I was stuck at the bottom of Jue Qing Gu. Dunno why my character went off the screen and can't enter back. I notice a strange patch near the inn where I found DY. It's 1 earth colored square. It's didn't match with the surrounding at all. It's like a wrongly match puzzle piece. Maybe WXB is stuck there ). I use a combination of BMSG, 9YSG and Wu Jian Dao Fa. I sck MRF's energy dry first then bombarded him with 9YSG and use a bit of WJDF in between. I've drop HF now (since I can't get PLDF, his ability is quite limited) and recruited DY back together with WYY. Currently training DY up. I'll miss HF. He has been with me since the very beginning.
    Last edited by kidd; 02-04-05 at 01:46 AM.