Page 1 of 23 1234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: arcade game for jin yong characters

Default arcade game for jin yong characters

imagine the novels are made into fighting games like street fighter , king of fighters , why game developers especially the chinese never thought of it,

imagine they got bosses , 4th is dfbb 3th jin lun fa wang 2th wong chung yang 1th sweeper monk secret characters like dugu, huang shang , tian shan tong lau , li qiu shui.

they got combo special hits too like duan yu blasting lasers out of his fingers , xf blasting dragons, or like samurai shodown , when the meters get , yang guo unleash his plam of gloom.

fun isn't it

and this game would only sell in Asia... nah dun think so
    TaZzY InC

not a bad idea but could be hard to implement the moves.

Well, there was a fighting game ala King of Fighters/World Heroes, that had Wong Fei Hong character, who looked exactly like Jet Li in OUATIC in it complete with his no-shadow-kicks and other arse-whooping kicks

Also, back in the early 90s, there was a Street Fighter type game but using all the characters from Romance of the Three Kingdom. That was a very FUN game.

theres actually such a game. but it is very very old. its came out around the time of street fighter 2 i think, maybe earlier and its on the pc. u can search the net for abandonware but i cant remember the name of the game. and it sucks btw

There are plenty of games that never make it out of Japan, never mind Asia so it is definitely a possibility.

There are plenty of Jin Yong based games in Hong Kong.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Temujin
    Well, there was a fighting game ala King of Fighters/World Heroes, that had Wong Fei Hong character, who looked exactly like Jet Li in OUATIC in it complete with his no-shadow-kicks and other arse-whooping kicks
    That game is 'Last Blade'. Very fun game
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Sorry to side track abit, have u guys played before this pc game called jinyong qun xia zhuan? Its abt a RPG game whereby u controls this person who went back in time to the jinyong wuxia character world and he needs to learn skills and complete certain tasks to get back to the real world. I personally quite like it and have played a few times. Dunno whether there will be a part 2 to this game.

Never played that game, i hav only played 1 chinese game and that was a fighting game lol i can't read chinese that well hehe
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

hm.. is it the most powerful martial art is the default martial arts that u come with and ridiculously insanely powerful when u level it to level max(not to mention the it is even harder to level)...way powerful than HL18Z?

Quote Originally Posted by fulim1410
    hm.. is it the most powerful martial art is the default martial arts that u come with and ridiculously insanely powerful when u level it to level max(not to mention the it is even harder to level)...way powerful than HL18Z?
    Yup - you start with the 'ye qiu quan' (wild ball fist). It comprises three moves - cloth (paper), scissors, stone, and it gets powerful at the end, but the fun of the game is using the JY martial arts and their special area effects - I recall the first time I used DY's 6MSJ and it was 'cool, he can shoot 4 people in a straight line' and after that tried getting my enemies in a stupid straight line so he could zap them all. Then he ran away with WYY and thankfully by then I had Tian Boguang and Lan Fenghuang who were very reliable. By the end using Linghu Chong, Hu Fei and Zhang Wuji (who could clear out half the battlefield with a single blow), Hu Qingniu and Zheng Lingshu (who were my healers) and me, we had great fun, but somehow I got stuck because I couldn't get any further into the game, and never quite finished it. I tried it again a few months ago, but it hasn't aged well at all (especially since I've been playing the online sequel, Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan Online, for so long now). The online version, however, although looking better and more open-ended, somehow lacks the feel of the original - I think it's because of way too many mean kids playing, and also the often blurred lines between story and reality (it's great meeting a whole group of frined who you met online, but it ruins the magic of the game, in that your allies aren't quite what you visualised them to be) =)

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

it would be more interesting if during the game you have to find martial arts manuals and you can learn different skills and attacks by doing so. think gou jing using D9J or yang guo with 6MDS
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by kyss of the sword
    it would be more interesting if during the game you have to find martial arts manuals and you can learn different skills and attacks by doing so. think gou jing using D9J or yang guo with 6MDS
    In the original JYQXZ, you could, although not everybody could learn every skill due to certain stats. I tried learning Hujiadaofa but I couldn't, but I managed to learn 9yang. I trained Zhang Wuji in to a backup healer as well since he could learn Hu Qingniu's healing manual - I never did figure out why some people could learn certain things while others couldn't. With the online version, you can learn anything as long as you adjust your stats properly, and have the prerequisite martial arts, sect background and sometimes, luck.

Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan's sequel is Wu Lin Qun Xia Zhuan, but it's an original story that happens 100 years after Jin Yong Qun Xia Zhuan's universe. There are MANY RPGs based on martial art novels in Asia, there's even one for PS (Legend of Condor Heroes). However, the only fighting game based on the genre was that old Jin Yong fighter released for PC a long time ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian Liew
    In the original JYQXZ, you could, although not everybody could learn every skill due to certain stats. I tried learning Hujiadaofa but I couldn't, but I managed to learn 9yang. I trained Zhang Wuji in to a backup healer as well since he could learn Hu Qingniu's healing manual - I never did figure out why some people could learn certain things while others couldn't. With the online version, you can learn anything as long as you adjust your stats properly, and have the prerequisite martial arts, sect background and sometimes, luck.
    There are certain skills that a character cannot learn because of the nature of his or her internal energy. For example Zhang Wuji has 'yang' energy and cannot learn skills that are 'yin' by nature, and vice versa. But there are some manuals such as xiao wu xiang gong that can convert a person's internal energy to dual natured so that he can learn skills of both nature.

Then certain skills are also set by the creator of the game to be learnt by certain characters only to follow the original storyline. For example only Duan Yu can learn liu mai she jian, the rest all cannot.

And there is one skill which i have never managed to learn which is bi xie jian fa. Because i cant seem to be able to find the manual. Some of my friends who played the game say they can find and learn it.

Xiao Feng would probably be the one with the cheapest moves (in the arcade sense). Zhang Wuji would have the best defensive moves.

XZ would be the one with graceful moves and high body shield protection. Playing as DY would be fun if you like 6MSJ style.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Jing
    There are certain skills that a character cannot learn because of the nature of his or her internal energy. For example Zhang Wuji has 'yang' energy and cannot learn skills that are 'yin' by nature, and vice versa. But there are some manuals such as xiao wu xiang gong that can convert a person's internal energy to dual natured so that he can learn skills of both nature.

Then certain skills are also set by the creator of the game to be learnt by certain characters only to follow the original storyline. For example only Duan Yu can learn liu mai she jian, the rest all cannot.

And there is one skill which i have never managed to learn which is bi xie jian fa. Because i cant seem to be able to find the manual. Some of my friends who played the game say they can find and learn it.
    If memory serves, it's in Ling Pingzhi's house, in the court yard. I can't remember the trigger so that you can find it. It wasn't that great of an art, really.

Quote Originally Posted by Dennis Chen
    If memory serves, it's in Ling Pingzhi's house, in the court yard. I can't remember the trigger so that you can find it. It wasn't that great of an art, really.
    First you defeat Yu Cang Hai for him, then don't leave the place and talk to his student outside, then go to Ling Pingzhi and talk to him.

Wow, you guys talking about my fav DOS game...hehehe.

I finished it like 5 or 6 times.

Best guys to have would be the dumb ones ie. XZ, SPT (in the novel he ain't but in the game he is) because they are thick and they can learn the Left Right Technique which enables them to hit twice in 1 turn. Couple that up with SPT's Tai Xuan Shen Gong (which is the name for the Xia Ke Xing kung fu) which has a huge damage area or 9 Yang Shen Gong and you could basically clear out most enemies (sometimes even the bosses) in one turn.

I also purposedly selected dumb characters so I could learn the LRT as well. Couple that with the Ye Qiu Quan and you've got an instant kill ability whomever you hit.