Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Qin Wang Li Shi Min (Starring Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, and Alyssa Chia)

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Be honest, zhzhzhzh. If the roles were reversed and Yan Kuan played Li Shimin instead of Li Jian Cheng, would you still be such a staunch supporter of Li Jian Cheng and his actions?

If Li Jian Cheng loved and cherished Ruo Xi after he married her, it would be a different story, but he didn't. He always doubted her and thought she was cheating on him when she wasn't. It's not her fault that she loved Li Shimin. You can't just make someone stop loving another person and it was Li Jian Cheng's choice to marry a woman whose heart already belonged to another. Ruo Xi wanted to be a good wife, but Li Jian Cheng's own insecurities wouldn't give her a fair chance. Foul mood or not, he shouldn't have hit her.

While I don't agree that fighting in wars should automatically make you Crown Prince, I also don't agree that being the first born son should make you the Crown Prince either (even barring major sins). It should be more merit and heart rather than placement in the family. Yes I know the belief and practice at the time was generally different, but historically, some of the best emperors (such as Li Shimin, Kang Xi, Yong Zheng, Qianlong etc.) were not firstborn sons and it wasn't necessarily that all of the brothers born before them were evil or incompetent.
    I didn't say that LJC have no mistake at all. I just try to think by LJC's side, coz it seems that almost everyone blame him. Actually just wanna say : "HE IS NOT THAT BAD, TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIM". I really like LJC's character more than LSM, and it's NOT ONLY because of Yan Kuan.

About the throne, it's rather difficult to say who really supposed to be the royal prince. But I think, a rule is important for an empire. If there's no rule, then it's not impossible everyone will think that he is the best, supposed to be the royal prince.
    ※ 下一站, 天王!! ※

Quote Originally Posted by da azn devil
    did i really make it sound that way.

it's not that i like li jian cheng THAT much, its more so that i hate li shi ming THAT much. thus making li jien cheng the better and more likable one.

at the beginning i really did like li jien cheng. towards the middle he seemed like he could become the ultimate villain and i didn't like him as much. but at the same time i was starting to get annoyed with the love sick id*ot li shi ming. towards the end i didn't agree that what li jien cheng did to ruo xi was right, but in many ways i can still pitied him.

i would agree with many that mrs li played a big role in making li jien cheng the man he was at the end. from the beginning she loved li shi ming more, everything was li shi ming this and li shi ming that. the worse part would be after ruo xi married li jien cheng. she still asked ruo xi to go see her beloved sick son. come on. she knows exactly what's going on. she should do what's in her power as the empress and a mother to make sure ruo xi stays faithful to li jieng cheng and that li shi ming is faithful to long er. by making ruo xi do all those things, such as praying for li shi ming, she's only making it harder for the two to forget one another. it also makes li jien cheng's insecurities worse.

i think that over time li jien cheng did start to develop feelings for ruo xi. at first he may have looked down on her as a candy girl and all. and then after he found out that she's a princess he may have only 'loved' her for her status. but i think that after he did get to know her there were SOME feelings involved. however, i still think that had li shi ming not loved her, he may not have loved her either. in a way, getting ruo xi was a way of beating li shi ming. as opposed to liu xiang in miracle healer, though, i feel that li jien cheng is a man with a heart and he did love ruo xi to a degree.

thing is i just pity li jien cheng. its the only reason i am able to forgive him for mistreating ruo xi. in such scenes i hate him, but then when i see the way hong xian treats him compared to the way ruo xi treats him, i can sorta ease the hatred. i can understand how he could have fallen for hong xian. she is actually another reason why i pity him that little bit more. he actually loved her and truely believed that she loved him back. even after her death he never knew that everything was all fake and only for revenge.

i think that had mrs li been nicer to or more equal is her love for ALL her sons, including li yuan ji, none of them would have turned out the way they did.
    agree with this, but i LIKE LJC that much and HATE LSM that much
    LJC is not a good boy, but his character is very "human". i don't like LSM because his character is too fake. always pretending as a hero or a good little brother who respect his older brother, but actually there's only RX in his world.
    ※ 下一站, 天王!! ※

Quote Originally Posted by zhzhzhzh
    I didn't say that LJC have no mistake at all. I just try to think by LJC's side, coz it seems that almost everyone blame him. Actually just wanna say : "HE IS NOT THAT BAD, TRY TO UNDERSTAND HIM". I really like LJC's character more than LSM, and it's NOT ONLY because of Yan Kuan.

About the throne, it's rather difficult to say who really supposed to be the royal prince. But I think, a rule is important for an empire. If there's no rule, then it's not impossible everyone will think that he is the best, supposed to be the royal prince.
    Actually, it seems like more people here prefer Li Jian Cheng to Li Shimin in this series as it is.

I agree that having a set of rules help to maintain the authority and order of an empire, but when it comes to the Crown Prince, they don't have to be so restrictive as to automatically annoint the firstborn son barring simply death, illness, or terrible sins. It's nearly impossible to determine the abilities and personality of a person just from the moment he's born. Even with the Crown Prince lined up according to custom, there are still instances in history of others outside the lineage believing themselves to be best and desiring the throne, which goes to show that people's ambitions cannot be easily reined in with just some rules.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I agree that having a set of rules help to maintain the authority and order of an empire, but when it comes to the Crown Prince, they don't have to be so restrictive as to automatically annoint the firstborn son barring simply death, illness, or terrible sins. It's nearly impossible to determine the abilities and personality of a person just from the moment he's born. Even with the Crown Prince lined up according to custom, there are still instances in history of others outside the lineage believing themselves to be best and desiring the throne, which goes to show that people's ambitions cannot be easily reined in with just some rules.
    Sometimes I think that all of them is victims. LJC is the crown prince by the rule, and some people think that LSM supposed to be the crown prince. Whatever.... I still hate LSM
    Last edited by zhzhzhzh; 12-10-05 at 03:35 AM.
    ※ 下一站, 天王!! ※

Ruo Xi in love with Li ShiMin, it's true. But this is not only about love. Compare with the dynasty, love is just a small little thing. Before Yang Guang die: the emperor must be believable, he said that RuoXi will be married to Li JianCheng, so he must do it. He is an emperor, not an usual father! After Li Yuan be the emperor: Ruo Xi is the princess of Sui, if she married to the prince of Tang (Li JianCheng) so the power of Tang will be increase. People who still loyal to Sui dynasty will think that Tang is not a betrayer of Sui, Li Yuan is the real emperor.

And the throne? Li JianCheng is the first son of Li Yuan, he supposed to be the royal prince. You said that Li ShiMin is the one who fought in wars. Now I ask you, if the 3 sons of Li Yuan was fought in wars, so who will get the throne? All of them? It's not about wars or what, it's about the rule! The first son supposed to be the royal prince. As long as he is not a bastard an evil an idiot, not die, didn't do big sin, the throne still supposed to be his.
    Well YK is a no good evil bastard...He tricked Ruo Xi into marrying him even when he didn't killed Yu Wen Chen Du...And he wants particularly everything that belong to Shi Min. Even when Shi Min decided to gave up the throne and yet YK still stole the most important person of Shi Min's life...So I don't know if you guys have a problem with seeing this, HE"S A NO GOOD BASTARD!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mermaidmelody33
    Well YK is a no good evil bastard...He tricked Ruo Xi into marrying him even when he didn't killed Yu Wen Chen Du...And he wants particularly everything that belong to Shi Min. Even when Shi Min decided to gave up the throne and yet YK still stole the most important person of Shi Min's life...So I don't know if you guys have a problem with seeing this, HE"S A NO GOOD BASTARD!!!!
    didn't you see how did he hurted 2 times by li shimin, and once while he try to save li shimin and ruo xi from yuwen chengdu. he did anything, but ruo xi still love li shimin.

and however .... it's li jiancheng, NOT YK!! i think you still know the difference between actor and character
    Last edited by zhzhzhzh; 12-13-05 at 07:41 AM.
    ※ 下一站, 天王!! ※

Does anyone know where to download the themevideo?

Thumbs up

and however .... it's li jiancheng, NOT YK!! i think you still know the difference between actor and character

Oh,yeah, it was Li Jian Cheng who fought against Li Shi Min . I'm surprised mermaidmelody33 mentioned Yan Kuan here .

It's because of Yan Kuan that I support Li Jian Cheng . However, I think it could 've been better for LJC if he had given up his love for the princess and sought for his true love. Someone that he loved and loved him ,too. I wonder if there was that girl . There are at least two girls that love LJC: zhzhzhzh and me .But how about him ?
    ~Yan Kuan , my love ~

Default !

A little late to the game, but I totally agree with the Qiong Yao comment. If Li Shimin were such a wimp he wouldn't have been the greatest emperor in Chinese history. Peter Ho is just sorely miscast. They didn't even show the fight at Xuanwu Gate! Isn't that the whole point of the show? How about the Hongmen Banquet? Da Tang Qing Shi and Sui Tang Ying Xiong Zhuan were far more solid in terms of storylines. Looking forward to the new one with Tang Guoqiang and Nie Yuan as Li Ke.

I liked Yan Kuan much better. His character was detestable but more convincing and he's just a huge hottie!

Junior Member LittoShortyMe@yahoo.com's Avatar

wow, this series sounds bad now that i hear ur guys' posts? are there at least some good parts? but i got a question that goes off topic a little. what is alyssa's character? what about li qian? and lu xing(the guy that was paired with gyy in MH)?

I just bought this serie, so i will receive it soon and i will see it soon , but i read all the posts, so all are bad comment...is it good serie???
    TVB'7=Raymond+S4+Chris+Vin

Quote Originally Posted by trieuminh
    I just bought this serie, so i will receive it soon and i will see it soon , but i read all the posts, so all are bad comment...is it good serie???
    Can u tell me wut the viet title is? Some how mai rental place doesn't seem to have it...is it just release in viet?
    Last edited by funnybunny; 08-18-06 at 05:56 PM.

[email protected]

alyssa plays a fictitious character by the name of Yan Zhi. she's a river girl who falls in love with wei zheng (played by bao jien feng). li qian is the daughter of duke du, who also wants to overthrow the siu dynasty. her name is du hong xian. her father was killed by li shi ming, so her aim is to kill li shi ming and li jien cheng and overthrow the tang dynasty. lu xing plays the role of advisor liu wen jing. he and wei zheng were sect brothers, but they are constantly against each other. in the series liu wen jing supports li shi ming and wei zheng supports li jien cheng.

funnybunny

give me your email address and i will send it to you.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---

Quote Originally Posted by funnybunny
    Can u tell me wut the viet title is? So how mai rental place doesn't seem to have it...is it just release in viet?
    if you live in vietnam, yes, this serie is out with the title "Tan Vuong Ly The Dan"

if you live in US or americain, this serie is not out in viet yet, i bought it in chinese version!

After reading all the posts here, definitely going to watch it mainly because of GYY, Alyssa and YK. First I have to get the vcd/dvd hehe looking for download file but couldn't find any. So I guess I just have to go and find it at the video stores. Hopefully it has english sub cos I don't understand chinese
    Last edited by aiza11; 08-19-06 at 11:47 PM.
    be happy

I am selling this series in all original 40 vcd's in chinese mandarin no english for $25.

Quote Originally Posted by mind_wander
    I am selling this series in all original 40 vcd's in chinese mandarin no english for $25.
    too bad cos I don't understand chinese else would have buy it from you.
    be happy

I'm about 1/4 of the way finished and personally, I really like it! I think know a lot of you guys think that Peter Ho was a miscast but I don't think so. I like the chemistry between him and Gao Yuan Yuan and actually I think he's pretty cute. I just don't like his hairstyle in here.

So far, I really dislike the "Long Er" character. She's so selfish. She's not one of those giving characters who will do anything to make her love happy. She's one of those characters who will do anything to get her love.

Also so far, I think the character Li Jian Cheng has been really good but I know there will be conflicts later.
    <3 Sam Wang Shao Wei <3
    Please visit Shao Wei's English Forum!

i still seeing this serie...I think that all characters are really good...but the problem is that they can't forget their lovers...Peter can't forget Gao Yuan Yuan, and Gao Yuan Yuan can't forget him...so, they make a big misunderstand between peter and his brother. And Li Jian Cheng can't accept Gao Yuan Yuan had other image in his heart...I don't think that Li Jian Cheng really loves Li Quan character. I think that Li Jian Cheng do that because he really want Gao Yuan Yuan came back with him.

About Long Er, I think that she is not selfish, she does it, because she really loves Peter...

I don't understand how Li Jian Chen can love Ruo Xi though. He has never interacted with her before except for the time he told her that he couldn't be with Shi Min when she was "Shui Fen." The after he found out that she's the princess he just magically fell in love with her.

About Long Er, it's just, she's always doing things to try to stop Shi Min and Ruo Xi. I mean everytime something happens, she would go look for Li Jian Cheng and convince him that they need to do something about it. It just gets irritating when it happens time after time.
    <3 Sam Wang Shao Wei <3
    Please visit Shao Wei's English Forum!