Page 1 of 10 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Qin Wang Li Shi Min (Starring Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, and Alyssa Chia)

Talking Qin Wang Li Shi Min (Starring Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, and Alyssa Chia)

Poster:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/94/l_p1003921094.jpg')

Sina site

Main cast: Peter Ho, Gao Yuan Yuan, Alyssa Chia, Yan Kuan, Bao Jian Feng, Gui Ya Lei, Florence Tan

Gao Yuan Yuan, Alyssa Chia, and Florence Tan collaborate again!

Director: Lai Shui Qing

Number of episodes: 40 (according to sina.com)

Time period: End of Sui dynasty to Tang dynasty

Some pics:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://bbs.chenxiuli.com/UploadFile/LongEr/LongEr229.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/2004-04-27/U105P28T3D376314F326DT20040427075845.JPG')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/d/2004-06-06/U92P28T3D409723F326DT20040606223621.JPG')

Personally, I wish Yan Kuan played Li Shimin. He is so much better looking than Peter Ho.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

oooo.. this looks good!!! hehe Hmm.. it seems like GYY is always acting as a princess/noble while Alyssa is always the peasant haha yay, HSDS female casts united again
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]

I agree, the guy who played Li Shi Min's brother(he's name's Yan Kuan?) is soo much hotter than Peter Ho. He's looks definetely stand out in this drama. I cannot believe they chose Peter to play Li Shi Min, i mean COME ON~ the guy is the worst actor, he does not have the ability to protray the cunning, ruthless Li Shi Min.

Ooh..so this series is finally coming out. I must watch it. However, I am skeptical on Peter's part. I can't believe he's the leading male. *shakes head, closes eyes, tries no to puke* I don't dislike him but they could've picked somebody way better than him. He looks like a robot in this picture.
    o_0 Well, Wen wen and Yuan Yuan will make it better.

When is the series releasing in Singapore?

I watched the first episode of this series. The pacing is fast and there's a lot of action. I was surprised to see a game in here that reminded me of gongfu soccer considering the time period is completely different. But, at least now I know what those robot-like outfits are used for. Peter Ho's Li Shi Min is a bit of a punk.

It seems like every ancient series I've seen of late has someone that is "sai Zhuge". This one is no exception, with Alyssa's character's love interest Wei Zheng in just such a role. Come on now. There can't be that many people on par with my Kongming.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I watched the first episode of this series. The pacing is fast and there's a lot of action. I was surprised to see a game in here that reminded me of gongfu soccer considering the time period is completely different. But, at least now I know what those robot-like outfits are used for. Peter Ho's Li Shi Min is a bit of a punk.

It seems like every ancient series I've seen of late has someone that is "sai Zhuge". This one is no exception, with Alyssa's character's love interest Wei Zheng in just such a role. Come on now. There can't be that many people on par with my Kongming.
    What exactly is "Sai Zhuge?"
    **Currently Watching**
    -Lovers (Korea)
    -Maiden Wai Xai (Taiwan)
    -Air City (Korea)

Quote Originally Posted by Sparkly_Chic
    What exactly is "Sai Zhuge?"
    It means "the match of" or "on par with" Zhuge Liang.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 12-06-04 at 11:37 PM. Reason: I left the most important part of the answer out, hehe
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hey does anyone know what is the title of this series in Vietnamese or in English? Because I wanted to rent it but I just don't know the title so you know....
    Just when the caterpillar thought
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

Hey I saw that Florence Tan is one of the cast in this series. She was in HSDS' 03, right? So what character is she in this series anyway???
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

The English title is "Qin King Li Shi Min". There's not much variation between that and the Chinese name because much of the title (4 characters out of the 5) contains a person's name or his title.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    The English title is "Qin King Li Shi Min". There's not much variation between that and the Chinese name because much of the title (4 characters out of the 5) contains a person's name or his title.
    Oh... so the part "Wang" just changed to "King". I see.... thanks!!!
    the world was over,
    it became a butterfly .

Quote Originally Posted by ayara
    Hey I saw that Florence Tan is one of the cast in this series. She was in HSDS' 03, right? So what character is she in this series anyway???
    Yep, she was in HSDS 2003 as Xiao Zhao.

In QWLSM, she plays a servant girl who was brought up in the Sui dynasty palace and was cultured by the queen herself. It's apparent that she really likes Li Shi Min and went behind the emperor's back to save him. I'm sensing a love triangle of Florence, GYY, and Peter Ho.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

So does anyone have a rough idea who will emerge victorious in this love triangle??

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior
    So does anyone have a rough idea who will emerge victorious in this love triangle??
    If it goes by history, then Florence's character Long Er would end up with Peter's character Li Shi Min and later become his queen.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

gyy, peter and florence r in a love triangle?? bt which girl does peter truely love...i thought he only loved gyy and so did his bro so there was brother rivalry for gyy's heart bt gyy only loves peter...

some info i heard:

the time period- end of the sui dynasty and beginning of e tang dynasty (tvb's TOB period) and peter plays li shi ming who is e son of a powerful court official in e sui dynasty who attempts to overthrow the sui emperor. so i think to try to soothe his official, e emperor betroths his daughter, princess ruoxi(gyy) to li shi ming's brother who likes gyy bt gyy n li shi ming already vowed to b together...so gyy plays e princess of e sui dynasty who later kills li shi ming's brother, allowing li shi ming to gain the throne n set up the tang dynasty...which is a twist frm history cause in reality e one who killed his brothers was li shi ming himself or rather his men...

spoilers....

gyy dies in the end and florence's kter long er finally marries li shi ming...
    Last edited by sunnysnow; 06-04-07 at 02:20 PM.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

There's no love triangle yet, as I've only seen 3 episodes so far. I was just guessing that there would be one involving Peter, Florence, and GYY based on the images playing during the ending credits plus the fact that it's apparent that Florence had a crush on Peter from the get-go.

The info you heard is pretty accurate. Li Shi Min's father is Li Yuan, a cousin of the emperor of Sui, Yang Guang. Li Yuan does have a high rank and control of a decent amount of the army. He is loyal to the emperor, but due to the negative stuff Yuwen Hua Ji (one of the emperor's closest advisors) has been saying about him behind his back, the emperor is starting to suspect him and not trust him anymore, especially since he has 'bin quan'. Basically this series makes it seem like Li Yuan will have to turn against the current government in order to survive. Besides, at this point, the country is a mess, no one really respects the current emperor anymore, and power is on the brink of being up for grabs. Li Jian Cheng's advisor has been telling him to overthrow Sui. GYY plays princess Ruo Xi, Yang Guang's most precious daughter. Wei Zheng advises Yang Guang to betroth her to Li Jian Cheng as well as tell the latter that he would be next in line to be emperor in order to keep the Li family from having any ideas about overthrowing Sui and Yang Guang agrees to do so. Li Jian Cheng is of course thrilled at the thought of being able to marry such a beautiful princess, but unbeknownst to him, Ruo Xi has run away and that's as far as I've watched. She'll probably soon meet Peter and we can probably guess how that will turn out...
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

How sad again GYY doesn't get a happy ending...(if it is based on what you all say)... Lady Zhuge don't mind updating us on the story, Thank You!!

wow!!! 3 hot guys in one series!!! i must rent this one right now!!!
    hey!!! how come i sense that most of you here don't like peter? he's very cute and adorable in my opinion! hehe! i love him in Si Ta Ming Bu, he's so cute with Zhen Shi Rong, the gal from Lavender.
    and Yan Kuan and Bao Jian Feng too?! OMG, now i don't know who to root for here!!! i like them all.
    Bao Jian Feng and Allyssa Chia are a loveteam again? i saw them in Wu Zhe Tian as a couple, they're very cute together. so this should be good.
    how come these people always reunite in tv series? i seem to remember that most of them have been together in other series before...
    do they belong to the same company? is that it?
    Gackt-sama's eternal love slave

awww... ppl are starting to watch it already!
    if im lucky it'll come out in january next year or early feb... if im not lucky, i'll have to wait till like mid next yr to watch it. im hoping for the former, such as with miracle healer. hehe, 2 months and it was dubbed for me already. im hoping that it'll be released wen i come back from holidays. if its anytime while im still away it'll b sooooo sad! coz that means others would have watched it b4 me!!! haha im so self centred!
    but wen it comes to a series like this, i just have to get my hands on it as quick as i can!!!!

for those who have watched the series already, can u let me in on some more spoilers plz? thank you.
    *£övë ¢härmäïnë §hëH 4ëvä*

*~* mah other faves *~*
    ++ Alyssa Chia ++
    --- Kristy Yeung ---