Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Golden Horse Awards

Default Golden Horse Awards

Did anyone catch it live yesterday night? I thot its going to be boring like always...surprisingly, it was pretty entertaining. I think it was because there was all this interest about who would win the best actor since both Tony Leung and Andy Lau were at the ceremony last night and Andy lau has missed the trophy twice already. it was very funny, the way the host cai kang yong was teasing the 2 stars about this and his attempts at not jinxing andy's chances of winning. I thot Tony Leung and the other nominated actor from the movie ke ke xi li should win. have this feeling the jury pitied Andy since he lost so many times to tony.
    but Liang Chao wei was most gracious about the loss..he probably was ok with it too.

Among the performances, Vanessa Mae was such a sexy performer..she sizzles when she plays the violin and she's such a confident performer! very impressive.

That famous taiwanses model, lin zhiling was the female compare for the evening. She's so skinny ..my god! she 's really one of those born with a model figure and quite sweet-looking too but Vanessa-mae was much more sexy! during the red carpet, most of the participants walked slowly down the red carpet, Vanessa-mae walked very quickly but she was stood out as being different as her steps were bold and impressive.

Daniel wu won for best suportting actor. he's good-looking but had a horrible haircut.

Ge ming hui was so funny because he keep reverting to cantonese despite his attempts to speak mandarin. and he was so casual...t-shirt, cap..

I think if you can, try to watch the repeat telecast if its available....it really not too bad....liang chao wei was very cute in his mannerisms! I will try to see 2046 after this.

I don't speak much Mandarin, so I didn't get most of what was happening. But yeah, I can tell Eric Kot(Gu menHui)'s Mandarin was bad, since he said his "Putonghua is very Putong(common?). It seemed that they were making fun of Andy and Tony alot, but Andy seem to get special treatment. Watsup with the hugs they both got from the host lady? Tony get to hug her with her fur on but when it's Andy's turn to hug, she took it off, and let Tony hold the fur for her. That ain't fair. They should make a Andy/Tony Taiwanese sandwich out of her.

Andy won it for IA3. Tony looked gracious but I guess he's also a bit disappointed too.....since he won so many times and apparently awards night was also his mother's b-day("I came all the way here on mom's b-day to lose!!"). Haven't seen 2046 yet though.

Senior Member shanghai girls are hot's Avatar

andy sucks

tony > andy

yes..I felt that they should not have asked Tony to hold the mink coast for Lin Zhi ling..like not giving him much respect..and yes I agree..unfair treatment for Tony!
    and they seem to be sure the award will go to either one of them? what's up with that? i mean. they did not respect the other 2 nominees at all. imagine how embarrassing if the winner was not tony nor andy....then that host cai Kang Yong would have repeated his mistake last year when he and Carol Cheung teased Andy Lau non-stop about sure win of best actor last year and it turned out he did not. I did not like cai kang yong much as a host becasuse I find him not tactful enough and rather sarcastic too.

in addition, I always wonder...the presentators for each award always seem to end up making sarcastic comments before reading out the nominees..do they actually practice what they are going to say with each other before they go out to the stage? or it is entirely spontaneous? I always wonder are these comments rehearsed because some sure are sarcastic....

andy deserved it more this year that tony i believe. not that i love tony less, it's just that the role in 2046 was more of the same old same old roles he has played. Andy on the other hand as "Ming" in Infernal was a step up for Andy...
    So I don't think it was a pity award for Andy.

i watched this on tv. well, all along i have this feeling that andy will really win. this year's golden horse awards are not that....should i say, exciting? than last year's. last year im really at the edge of my seat wondering who will win as best actor. but this year im pretty sure andy will win. see? andy had lost twice already, and i think it's only 'fair' if andy wins it now since tony won last year. besides, the way cai kang yong teased andy, seems to me that he's pretty sure he will win already. remember the part when he put those masks on? his first mask actually read, 'support andy' but then, as if to prevent critics, he later on wore the 'also support tony' mask. i haven't seen 2046 so i can't really comment whether tony did a great job there or what, but i do agree andy did a great job in ia3.
    i also saw vanessa mae perform. whoa, being a frustrated violinist, i actually look up at her as an idol her glass viollin is cool
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

I only managed to catch the last bit of the awards ceremony when they gave out the best actor award.

Tony Leung was really gracious and put up with Lin Zhiling's antics. Though he looked abit uncomfortable.

yes tony leung was very gracious....and I am sure the violin must be a difficult instrument to master but Vanessa-Mae seems to do it so effortlessly...indeed a prodigy!

actually i thought tony looked quite awkward. esp on the part when lin ch ling embraced him and later handed her jacket (?) on him
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

yes..he did looked awkward

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    yes..he did looked awkward
    He was but as always Tony is so kind and gracious ..

yes yes...he's nice..that's why, despite looking obviously awkward, he went along as part of the 'performance'.

I thought Andy was much better in Mr Fit (Running in Karma?) than Infernal Affairs 3.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

if i can, i will watch 2046 this weekend. i'll see how tony fares in that movie
    cherrie

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    if i can, i will watch 2046 this weekend. i'll see how tony fares in that movie
    2046.......havn't seen that yet, has any1 seen it? any good?
    Full Metal Alchemist - HAGANE NO RENKINJUTSUSHI

I intend to watch it soon too...

i already saw 2046 yesterday. i think it's really good! i recommend it!
    cherrie

Hi Cherrie,

Can you tell me more about it?

Have the DVD. I'll be watching it someday.

On the other hand, my parents, who attempted to watch it, hated it. Mom actually fell asleep... and woke up and moaned about the fact that the movie ain't ended yet. While dad... well, he asked me to go through it myself.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

^ muahahahah that'll most probably happen to me as well... so i think i'm gonna skip it for the time being...

and yeah anyone knows where i can find the pics for the award??

agree with you strawberry.... my oh my daniel y the hair cut??? another thing that bugs me is the clothes the host on the red carpet wore... ai... can't be more classy like others????