Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Thread: Which historical event/figure would u like TVB to make into a series?

I would like TVB makes serials about the life of Heshen and Cixi Dowager.

Quote Originally Posted by kidd View Post
    This is not a strange liking. I also like Yong Zheng. He is, in infact, my favourite Qing Emperor.

He was so hard working and the official history said he died at his working table. He was also a vegetarian. Unlilke Qian Long he inherited an empty coffer. But by the end of his reign the country's coffer was full again.
    But poor guy got all the bad rap. Historians now say he couldn't have changed the will. The will was written in 2 copies, 1 in Han language and the other in Manchurian language. Even if he could change the 14 to 4 in the Han will, he couldn't changed the Manchurian copy.
    Quote Originally Posted by charbydis View Post
    Hey! Mine too. Kang Xi would have been close if he wasn't so blindly in love with his 2nd son.

Are you a vegetarian?

Yes, I like him very much. You would say that he was cruel to increase the land and trade taxes, and confiscate the properties of so many rich people, but hey, the country needed money. If he didn't do that, how far would Qian Long have gone in his prosperous reign?

Nian Geng Yao had it coming as well with his arrogance. Why can't people just stay humble?

And I most admire his anti-corruption policies. And he also wasn't obssessed with his concubines like other Emperors. I think he only had about twenty concubines in total.

I like Yong Zheng because if you compre what he inherited to what he passed on, you would immediately see the achievements of his 11 year reign.

Compare Qian Long's before and after situation, and you would realise how bad he let his country become. Qian Long was a good ruler, but he lacked the vision to a greater Qing, and was also senile in his final years (He Shen incident). I pity Jia Qing now. He got left with He Shen.
    Was Yong Zheng a vegetarian? any proof?

I think everyone can agree that Yong Zheng was a capable emperor but he was also ruthless, cruel, and inhumane. Yes, he filled up the empty treasury by confiscate wealth from the riches, but not all of them were corrupted. I wouldn't surprise if many of them were innocent and died in vain. Qianlong was portray in much more positive light.

Regarding Jia Qing, I think he wasn't a good emperor. Heshen was a bad guy, but Jia Qing got rid of him right after the death of Qianlong. Qianlong left him an empty treasure, but the Qing dynasty was still powerful. If he was capable like Kangxi, Yong Zheng, or QianLong, he could have rebuilt it. Basically, all the emperors after Qianlong were pretty useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    I would like TVB makes serials about the life of Heshen and Cixi Dowager.

Was Yong Zheng a vegetarian? any proof?

I think everyone can agree that Yong Zheng was a capable emperor but he was also ruthless, cruel, and inhumane. Yes, he filled up the empty treasury by confiscate wealth from the riches, but not all of them were corrupted. I wouldn't surprise if many of them were innocent and died in vain. Qianlong was portray in much more positive light.

Regarding Jia Qing, I think he wasn't a good emperor. Heshen was a bad guy, but Jia Qing got rid of him right after the death of Qianlong. Qianlong left him an empty treasure, but the Qing dynasty was still powerful. If he was capable like Kangxi, Yong Zheng, or QianLong, he could have rebuilt it. Basically, all the emperors after Qianlong were pretty useless.
    Did you ever read or research about the history of the Qing emperors?? OR, did you just base what you just said on various series that you have seen like you usually do???
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Historical series made by China blows away any TVB historical series. Let's see TVB do a Three Kingdoms

Quote Originally Posted by Ghaleon View Post
    Historical series made by China blows away any TVB historical series. Let's see TVB do a Three Kingdoms
    That's because China has cheap labours and easy access to historical sites. Plus, the taste of the audience is also different. The advantage china has is people. HK obviously lack this resources.

I don't want TVB to film 'Three Kingdoms' because I don't want to see people complain about fake scenes and not realistic battle scenes due shortage of actors.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-25-09 at 12:44 AM.
    什麼是朋友?朋友永遠是在你犯下不可原諒錯誤的時候,仍舊站在你那邊的笨蛋。~ 王亞瑟

和諧唔係一百個人講同一番話,係一百個人有一百句唔同嘅說話,而又互相尊重 ~ - 葉梓恩

That's because China has cheap labours and easy access to historical sites. Plus, the taste of the audience is also different. The advantage china has is people. HK obviously lack this resources.

I don't want TVB to film 'Three Kingdoms' because I don't want to see people complain about fake scenes and not realistic battle scenes due shortage of actors.
    It's not only the scenery and people but also the budget. Chinese mainland series are bigger budget. The way they film the series and the art direction is leaps and bounds above current TVB.

I know one historical subject TVB could *theoretically* do better than anyone else.

Hong Kong during the Japanese occupation.

Of course, knowing today's TVB, they'd *find* a way to screw it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    I know one historical subject TVB could *theoretically* do better than anyone else.

Hong Kong during the Japanese occupation.

Of course, knowing today's TVB, they'd *find* a way to screw it up.
    Maybe they can do better before the 1997 handover. But, now, I doubt it. Eventhough it's '1 country, 2 systems', HK must still becareful not on offend the PRC.

Quote Originally Posted by Trien Chieu View Post
    Any proof?

Funny a person who strongly supported using inhumane was to torture suspected terrorists to get information is calling someone else inhumane.
    Last edited by kidd; 07-25-09 at 04:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Liling View Post
    I read this news somewhere before too. I think Maggie will make a wonderful Wu Zetian and her acting is definitely one of the best. I can see her portraying the role. However, if TVB focuses on the whole life of Wu Zetian, then Maggie will look a bit old for her younger days. Wu Zetian was around 14 when he entered the palace. Unless TVB will not focus on her younger days, then its fine. I remember some people saying that Maggie looked older than 25 in War and Beauty (and I pretty much agree as well), but her performance overcame everything else.
    The make up technology is improving. Plus, HD makeup make them look younger

They need to get outside help then. Invite Julian Cheung, Stephen Fung and Louis Koo to participate. TVB can also do a join venture with Taiwan (idol drama heaven with lots of good looking actors and actresses).
    Louis, Julian, Stephen Fung not easy to invite... they'd rather film movies. Well, Taiwanese idol actor does look good, but can't say much acting wise (most of them). But you are right, I'd rather have TVB outsource once a while instead of using their own actors. I can't think of any current actor that is gorgeous face wise, apart from Kevin Cheng and Ron Ng (at certain times he look dopey though )

Quote Originally Posted by sehseh View Post
    Louis, Julian, Stephen Fung not easy to invite... they'd rather film movies. Well, Taiwanese idol actor does look good, but can't say much acting wise (most of them). But you are right, I'd rather have TVB outsource once a while instead of using their own actors. I can't think of any current actor that is gorgeous face wise, apart from Kevin Cheng and Ron Ng (at certain times he look dopey though )
    Louis still own TVB 20 episodes of drama.
    Julian will film for TVB on and off. So, there's still a chance.
    Stephen Fung is harder, I agree. He's has gone backstage.

Sammul Chan can also participate. If he can look beautiful as a woman, he certainly would be able to play one of the handsome guys.

As for Taiwanese actor, I think Danson Tang is a good actor.
    Has only seen a few episodes of 'Devil Besides Me', so can't judge Mike He's acting.
    Is Joe Cheng handsome enough? I think he's a great actor.