Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: 300

Default 300

Did anyone watched 300 yet?? I have not. I was just wondering if this movie is worth watching it, I'm debating if I should watch it. So I would like to hear from everyone's comments about this movie, thanks.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i17.tinypic.com/4giq0aq.jpg')
    PLA

I'm curious as to whether or not the 300 Spartans are depicted as defending the pass alone and ignoring the historical fact that they were accompanied by well over a thousand Thebans and Thespians who died as well.

Its based on a comic, so i wouldn't give much to historical accuracy. But even so, facing 150,000 (est.) with a few thousand and lasting so long is a great feat.

Now I'll go download it to see if its any good

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Its based on a comic, so i wouldn't give much to historical accuracy. But even so, facing 150,000 (est.) with a few thousand and lasting so long is a great feat.

Now I'll go download it to see if its any good
    it juss came out in theaters so i doubt u'll be able to donwload it and plus u shouldnt be dling it
    Participate in SPCNET Idol Season 4!!!

http://www.spcnet.tv/forums/showthre...66#post1127566

Entries due July 31st, 2016!

THIS IS SPARTA!

This movie is amazingly good. There isn't much historical accuracy to the whole movie for those history buffs who constantly put history over entertainment but to the other people who just want to see beautiful cinemetography and nice visuals, 300 is definetly the movie to see. I only saw 300 in regular theater so I'll also have to catch it in IMAX.

Oh and JamesG, at first, the Spartans aren't alone in the few battles at the pass but at the final battle, its just the Spartans. Don't get me wrong, I know my history on this myself but as the poster above me said, the movie is based off Frank Miller's 300 comic and a lot of that bended the truth on what happened at the Battle of Thermopylae so it's either put all the history aside and enjoy the movie or I dunno, do whatever.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Wild-Fire
    Did anyone watched 300 yet?? I have not. I was just wondering if this movie is worth watching it, I'm debating if I should watch it. So I would like to hear from everyone's comments about this movie, thanks.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i17.tinypic.com/4giq0aq.jpg')
    LOL, its 70 mill in 3 days, Frank Miller, Spartan kick-*ss, its more than worth it....

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    LOL, its 70 mill in 3 days, Frank Miller, Spartan kick-*ss, its more than worth it....
    I hope so too, I heard they put in $40 millions into the CGI then just have famous actress/actors. Love those CGI
    PLA

Quote Originally Posted by Jampack200
    THIS IS SPARTA!

This movie is amazingly good. There isn't much historical accuracy to the whole movie for those history buffs who constantly put history over entertainment but to the other people who just want to see beautiful cinemetography and nice visuals, 300 is definetly the movie to see. I only saw 300 in regular theater so I'll also have to catch it in IMAX.
    Do they even have that in IMax???
    PLA

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Do they even have that in IMax???
    yes they have

The tally included a potent $3.4M from 62 higher-priced Imax venues ($54,839 average) marking a new opening weekend record for the large-screen format

Senior Member superkaratemonkey's Avatar

300 is a very enjoyable movie, but its not for everyone. pretty violent and lots of bloodshed, not sure how historically accurate but i wasnt too concern about it. and there were some acadians with the 300 spartans but they didnt do much. im surprise by how tall xerxes is, he made leonidias looks like a midget.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

About the historical accuracy:

The movie never claims to be historically correct. It is based somewhat loosely on Frank Miller's 1998 comic book mini-series. Changes from history were made by Miller and Snyder so as to appeal to a wider audience and create a more exciting and visually stunning action movie, rather than a typical historical epic.
    History accuracy only exist in discovery channel, so go there for fact and go to the movie for fiction, enjoyment and kick-*ss entertainment

About the historical accuracy:

History accuracy only exist in discovery channel, so go there for fact and go to the movie for fiction, enjoyment and kick-*ss entertainment
    I think to get the full accuracy of any history, you must built a time machine and travel to that time and place and watch it your self.
    PLA

china should take notes on learning how to do cgi on the movies/series.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    china should take notes on learning how to do cgi on the movies/series.
    LOL, the CGI movie making for 300 is in a very high standard and complexity even for Hollowood:

Post production took almost a year. The film was edited on an Avid, with an HD cut also maintained in Final Cut Pro The 3D was made using Maya, XSI, and Lightwave The 2D composites were made with Shake, Inferno, Fusion, and Combustion. The filmmakers prefer Macintosh, but large portions of the movie were made under Linux. Asset management was handled by custom software written in the Panorama development environment, made by Provue. Color management was handled by Truelight software. The film was scanned on a northlight scanner and was recorded on the arrilaser. Most of the film was shot at high speed, between 50 and 150fps. Normal film is at 24fps. The film was transferred to HD SR tape and quicktime, and HD quicktimes were the basis for the HD preview cuts. The working resolution for the film was 2K, at a working aspect ratio of 2.11 and a projected aspect ratio of 2.35.
    The filmmakers used bluescreen 90% of the time, and greenscreen for 10%. They chose blue because it better matched the lighting paradigm (green would have been too bright) and because red garments (a la spartan capes) look better when shot over blue.

I just watched 300 today, OMG it was the best CGI film i have seen so far. That 40$ millions that they spent on CGI was will done, Love this film, can wait until DVD comes out.
    PLA

I just watched 300 today, OMG it was the best CGI film i have seen so far. That 40$ millions that they spent on CGI was will done, Love this film, can wait until DVD comes out.
    Ill second that

Haha. Well, you should realize the CGI is not Hollywood but is based in a small city outside of Montreal Quebec, Canada. This is a small company that is doing these special effects.
    Link of comp.

So I don't see why China serials can't do the same....

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by douggilmour
    Haha. Well, you should realize the CGI is not Hollywood but is based in a small city outside of Montreal Quebec, Canada. This is a small company that is doing these special effects.
    Link of comp.

So I don't see why China serials can't do the same....
    Even Papua New Guenea can do effects driven movies if got millions to pay the animator, the hardware, the programmer, the software etc...

The keywords is OUTSOURCING

Even Papua New Guenea can do effects driven movies if got millions to pay the animator, the hardware, the programmer, the software etc...

The keywords is OUTSOURCING
    Another words, as long you got money anything is possible.
    PLA

You make it sound like historical accurate films can't be exciting. That's silly too. A historical account of the Battle of Thermoplyae is very exciting (go read: Gates of Fire). Not to say 300 didn't rock hard, but a historical account would have rocked just as hard, only in a different style.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.