Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: what is the saddest movie you have ever watched?

Quote Originally Posted by PinePine
    Don't know why but I was always more scared of Grave of the Fireflies rather than sad. Some scenes in there are pretty graphic.. such as the one of the sibling's mom's corpse. Used to give me nightmares.
    Why would it be one of the sibling's mom when both of them had the same mom? *ponders*
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

really? hehe, that's one extraordinary view pine pine i usually hear people saying how sad the film is, but this is the first time i heard of scary
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

maybe I am too evil, but I was chuckling @ the end of A walk to Remember...I found the whole movie kinda ridiculous and the plot way overdone..how many times have we seen that before? Of course, if it happened in real life, I wouldn't laugh. People always tell me I'm cruel when I watch movies, but how "cruel" can someone be when it's all fake anyway?

The saddest movie for me? I can't even remember..I never cry for movies ever...except those movies where they show all the Japanese soldiers raping women like animals.......that is very sad, i.e. Rape in Nanking. I think my parents got a movie from somewhere and I couldn't even sit through the thing

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    The saddest movie for me? I can't even remember..I never cry for movies ever...except those movies where they show all the Japanese soldiers raping women like animals.......that is very sad, i.e. Rape in Nanking. I think my parents got a movie from somewhere and I couldn't even sit through the thing
    They made amovie about that? Well, I mean, not a documentary but an actual, like, for profit/entertainment movie? Anyways, along the same line as that. Hotel Rwanda just came out and it's set against the backdrop of the Rwandan genocides. Fun all around, let me tell ya.
    Last edited by Moinllieon; 01-09-05 at 10:09 AM.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

The Green Mile caught me by surprise, rather touching and sad

Quote Originally Posted by 999roses
    maybe I am too evil, but I was chuckling @ the end of A walk to Remember...I found the whole movie kinda ridiculous and the plot way overdone..how many times have we seen that before? Of course, if it happened in real life, I wouldn't laugh. People always tell me I'm cruel when I watch movies, but how "cruel" can someone be when it's all fake anyway?
    I agree with you about "A Walk to Remember". To me, it was more like a walk to forget. I found the film dull and cliche (just like my last sentence).
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm not sure if it was exactly Hollywood style movie, but it definitely wasn't a documentary..they had people acting and stuff out a plot and all.

And yay, someone finally agrees w/ me on A Walk to Remember instead of all my friends calling me cruel lol

Armaggeden - when bruce willes dies so sad... didn't really expect it.

And a walk to remember is kind of sad too after I actually sit down and watch the whole thing
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

oh there's another one that's really sad for me. dunno the english title of it, but the chinese title is 'tha tsuo che' (literally translate to embarking the wrong vehicle) it's a story abt a mute old man who makes a living by selling bottles. he rescued a little girl orphaned by a fire. later on he adopted that girl and loved her like his own child. but when the child grew up, she became a singer and eventually forgot his dad. she didn't tell anyone that he's her dad coz she was ashamed of him. the dad was very sad but didn't even complain. it was until the girl's concert that she learned her dad was dying from an illness. that's the only time she regretted what she did. i remembered crying buckets there
    also there's jimmy lin's grandpa's love. that's also sad
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    oh there's another one that's really sad for me. dunno the english title of it, but the chinese title is 'tha tsuo che' (literally translate to embarking the wrong vehicle) it's a story abt a mute old man who makes a living by selling bottles. he rescued a little girl orphaned by a fire. later on he adopted that girl and loved her like his own child. but when the child grew up, she became a singer and eventually forgot his dad. she didn't tell anyone that he's her dad coz she was ashamed of him. the dad was very sad but didn't even complain. it was until the girl's concert that she learned her dad was dying from an illness. that's the only time she regretted what she did. i remembered crying buckets there
    Ya, I remember that one ,love the title song too, which is a hit by singer Su Rui.
    Those who dunno the movie might have heard of the song , the chorus goes like "Jiu gan kan buay bo"..
    some of you might also remember Veteran Actor Sun Yue, who played the oldman .Of the signature sad, droopy dog -like face.
    Last edited by GuangRong; 01-10-05 at 09:34 PM.

the truth (andy lau)

yah, love the song too. very meaningful song
    cherrie

"Grave of Fireflies", I've seen quite a lot of movies but I really remember this one vividly.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")

Broken Lizard's Club Dread. What a sad piece of sh....

You brought back my memory. I was may be around 10 years old that time. The whole gang went to watch this movie cried. Hehe. Yes, i'm a man.

the movie title in english is [papa can you hear me sing]

yes, i used to love this movie too

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.nordiq.net/mago/covers/u5154.JPG')

Heart of the Dragon was also sad. The one with Jackie and Sammo as the mentally challenged older brother. Sad theme song too.

saddest movie? can't find of any.
    heartwarming - ET - likes the part when ET phones home.
    saddest series ok? then it will be hsds79, the part where zhao min jumped off the cliff. the one and only time i ever cried [so far]. hehe.

For me, Bullet In The Head was the saddest show I watched. Watched it only once more than 10 year's back but remember being very sad over the show. It was acted by Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Jacky Cheung and Waise Lee. Cried buckets over it

Another show that i watched which kinda freaked me out emotionally was Event Horizon. The thought that one of the characters sacrificed himself but will live in eternity in hell with no choice or redemption or hope of heaven after death was a terrifying thought for me. I couldn't stop crying out of fear and anguish for that character even after I came out of the cinema. Boyfriend got a lot of stares cos people thought he bullied me or broke up with me or something. haha