Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 ... LastLast

Thread: what is the saddest movie you have ever watched?

why me?

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.fivestarusa.com/web/images/1089.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/dvd/ddcmovie/sdcm0160.gif')

i saw this many many years ago, but i still remember this movie as though i saw it week ago. kent cheng is fabulous playing fat cat, a mentally challenge person.

i like to see people suffering. it often amuses me. the biggest tragedy of movies for me is call BOREDOM. when it isnt moving anywhere nor excites me, its a tragedy.

Quote Originally Posted by babyblues
    For me, Bullet In The Head was the saddest show I watched. Watched it only once more than 10 year's back but remember being very sad over the show. It was acted by Tony Leung Chiu Wai, Jacky Cheung and Waise Lee. Cried buckets over it
    Ya Bullet in the Head is a very good movie... from their frienship to the cruelty when they try to make some money over at Vietnam... (spoiler) what happen to Jacky Cheung or what they did to survive and later the betray of one of the friends.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

I remembered Bullet in the head and the one on the old man selling bottles for his daughter's sake...think the theme song had hokkien lyrics and sang by Su Rui...something about any liquor bottles for sale....

another one I thot of now is this really old movie...I think its a very poor thing movie...about this man being so poor ..he had to sell his flesh to his employer
    who exploited him and did not think he would actually agree to cut off his own flesh as payment...that movie is called " yi bang rou' (literal translation could be a pound of flesh??)

another one...I forgot who starred in it...a hk movie . The storyline is about this guy who wanted to seek fame and fortune and in the process wanted to marry a rich lady and bumped of his wife. He tried to kill his wife at sea and his young son was living with his grandfather. When the boy learnt of the death of his mom (I think), he secretly set up a praying alter made up of toy fruits and incense and paid respect to his mother. I am not sure if this is the saddest movie but that particular scene stood out for me. I felt really so sad and so sorry for this boy.
    Last edited by strawberry; 01-13-05 at 11:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    another one...I forgot who starred in it...a hk movie . The storyline is about this guy who wanted to seek fame and fortune and in the process wanted to marry a rich lady and bumped of his wife. He tried to kill his wife at sea and his young son was living with his grandfather. When the boy learnt of the death of his mom (I think), he secretly set up a praying alter made up of toy fruits and incense and paid respect to his mother. I am not sure if this is the saddest movie but that particular scene stood out for me. I felt really so sad and so sorry for this boy.
    Lady in Black, with Brigitte Lin and Tong Leung (Big Tony)? I think Shek Kin who played the grandfather was the most moving chracter.

Oh, I remember that show too. ONly thing the wife survived right? But she was disfigured or something.

Thought Jacky Cheung's plight was so pitiful in the show. (SPOILER)He survived but was suffering underneath all that. The look in his eyes when he held Tony's hand to put the gun against his own head was so moving. And Tony's expression when torn between losing his best friend and having to kill him himself versus trying to put his friend out of misery. Sad

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Why would it be one of the sibling's mom when both of them had the same mom? *ponders*
    If you read closely, I said such as the one of the sibling's mom's corpse.

"the one" referring to the scene I mentioned previously. So basically I was talking about the scene that showed the sibling's mom's corpse, not ONE OF the sibling's mother..

The English language is so confusing.

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

My saddest movies list:

- Beaches

- Dead Poets Society

- The Color Purple

- Wind Struck (recent one)
    Cheers!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PinePine
    If you read closely, I said such as the one of the sibling's mom's corpse.

"the one" referring to the scene I mentioned previously. So basically I was talking about the scene that showed the sibling's mom's corpse, not ONE OF the sibling's mother..

The English language is so confusing.
    Hah, I can't believe the entire meaning becomes different just because I didn't read one word ('the')
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

A Walk to Remember, The Passion of the Christ, Moulin Rouge, Cold Mountain

schindlers list (i used to be inconsolable after this)
    the killer

i know theres more but i can't think this early in the morning

brave heart was a tear jerker

OT: any thread for happiest movie or most heartwarming movie?

wait, did anyone see Once Were Warriors? Its a film from New Zealand. I just realized that this was the most tragic movie of all time. Seriously watch it, its worth the while, though you might feel like shit afterwards.

This Korean movie has different titles i think Autumn In My Heart/ Endless Love.
    It's a sad movie!
    Michelle Yu,
    Ontario, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle00
    This Korean movie has different titles i think Autumn In My Heart/ Endless Love.
    It's a sad movie!
    I didn't know that there's a movie version too, as I've only watched the series. But yes, it was sad. Very sad. In more ways than one.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-15-05 at 04:41 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Huh?

But anyway, yeah, Voice of Distant Star is awesome. Can't believe it's just a 25 minute show.
    oh wow, someone else actually saw this one. I remember it getting me real depressed after watching it.

i think i saw the movie Why Me.... that was a long time ago, its a really sad movie.

Quote Originally Posted by chickenfeet
    yes, i used to love this movie too

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.nordiq.net/mago/covers/u5154.JPG')
    ei, is that gong li?
    yeah, i checked the vcd cover and saw the english title.
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

ya chinese cinema have produce a lot of really sad movies... some of the once you guys mention I remember seeing it when I was little and remember my parents said how can the world be so cruel etc...
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ