Page 5 of 14 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: what is the saddest movie you have ever watched?

Default JENNY VANG

Quote Originally Posted by enchanted_angel
    Fly me to Polaris was pretty sad...
    A Walk to Remember
    Schindler's List
    I HAVEN'T SEEN THAT MOVIE BUT I'VE READ THE BOOK.. AND IT'S GOOD. BUT HOPEFULLY THE MOVIE WOULD BE GREAT!

The story of Ah Long - Chow Yun Fatt and Slyvia Chang

An early Chow Yun Fatt project. Lots of cliche in the movie but that final scene where Chow dies in the motorcycle race had me in floods of tears.
    Julien Chang

a walk to remember
    boys dont cey
    running on karma
    raise your voice
    Heroes :: raymond , bosco, ron, roger, johnny depp, ryan reynolds and ronald cheung

IDOLS :: jessica alba, tavia, myolie, miriam yeung, selena li, natalie tong and bernice

Quote Originally Posted by Yun_Feiyang

An early Chow Yun Fatt project. Lots of cliche in the movie but that final scene where Chow dies in the motorcycle race had me in floods of tears.
    Yeah, that was definitely sad. However, for some reason, the ending didn't hit me as hard as the scenes when the kid was in stubborn fits of tears because his dad (CYF) apparently didn't want him anymore when it was really for the painful sake of doing what he believed to be best for his son.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Grave of the Fireflies.

My answer to the saddest movies I've watched is Young and Dangerous saga.

I'm not joking. The teenagers they portrayed resort to violence and hold trust and faith in the gangs which treat them as dirt. Masses of people marched towards their enemies and hack their way through is not sad? They are not fighting for best interests of themselves or country but to the the gang leader(s) that forced them to do so.

People who have landed in the underworld really can't turn back their past. Every second you'll fear your enemies will haunt you, the police will arrest you, or even best, girlfriend got raped (Cheng Hao Nam's gf).

Gangsters are looked down upon by the society and regarded as "trouble". Though the directors showed how brave and trustworthy they can be, you can't deny the fact that they too sometimes despise their own identity.

This is really what is sad and true about the movie as it reflects what is happening in the world.

Default Clearly many people view this as a sad movie...

...but not because of any of Jamie's (Mandy Moore) scenes in "A Walk to Remember." Although they are touching, I can make it through those okay without having to hunt down a tissue box. It is simply the scene with Landon when he hugs his father that I lose it. That's all. One hug and the waterworks begin.

I'll have to add the Korean film "Bichunmoo" to the list... It was a rather weird, but yet somehow a sad and tragic story...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by Corey
    a walk to remember
    boys dont cey
    running on karma
    raise your voice
    Raise Your Voice? waz that sad?
    didn't seem sad to me...
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.

The saddest movie to me are always about family. I tend to cry buckets over scenes that one family member dies or has to be apart from the rest of the family. Romantic movies such as Titanic or Romeo&Juliet just don't seem to get me like that~~~Don't know why.
    I remember the first episode of South Park I ever watched was about a little boy got abandoned by his parents. When his parents were celebrating that they finally got rid of him, he was trying to overcome his fear of dark forest and find his way home. I was feeling like heart broken......I still got teased a lot though, you're not supposed to be crying bitterly watching something like South Park, you know.
    I remember there's a movie I watched when I was in year three, the Chinese name is Mama Zai Ai Wo Yi Ci, the theme song is very famous too: Shi Shang Zhi You Mama Hao. I cried so hard that I could hardly breathe......
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://v.yule88.com/UPLOAD/IMGWSF/2004913902560.jpg')

Another movie by Zhangyimou "To live" Huo Zhe(starring Gong li, Ge you) is a very sad movie too. I was really depressed after watching it----It's realistic in a way that you can definitely imagine it really happened in real life.

Someone mentioned the korean drama Lan Se Sheng Si Lian (Endless Love: Autumn??) Koreans absolutely know how to make soppy shows. There's a line in it, the little girl was saying something like:If there's a next life, what do you want to be? I want to be a tree. Cause then I would never have to leave my family. I was like ~~~~~
    Last edited by Ainidewo; 02-03-05 at 06:24 AM.

To Live
    The Road Home

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight-sonata
    Raise Your Voice? waz that sad?
    didn't seem sad to me...

it was sad to me.. but i cry in like anything.. even cheaper by the dozen (when fatax ran away)
    lol
    Heroes :: raymond , bosco, ron, roger, johnny depp, ryan reynolds and ronald cheung

IDOLS :: jessica alba, tavia, myolie, miriam yeung, selena li, natalie tong and bernice

i find the movie raise the red lantern sad too
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    i find the movie raise the red lantern sad too
    I agree. I found Farewell My Concubine even more depressing, though.

Another movie that's also sad is Life is Beautiful. The ending got me all teared up.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

yah i totally agree with you. i was really moved by leslie's acting in farewell my concubine! such a sad story too!
    isn't life is beautiful the italian film? the one with the dad trying to hide the cruelty of war from his 2 children and he eventually got killed? if that's it, then i agree. i cried really hard when our prof let us watch that film in our class
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    isn't life is beautiful the italian film? the one with the dad trying to hide the cruelty of war from his 2 children and he eventually got killed? if that's it, then i agree. i cried really hard when our prof let us watch that film in our class
    Yep. The story was told from the perspective of the son looking back on how his father tried to shelter his innocence from the horrors of concentration camp life. The audience did not find out the identity of the narrator until the end of the film, which made it all the more powerful and touching. "This is the sacrifice my father made. This was his gift to me."
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

oh yup yup! that's so sad! i really felt for those who were sent to the gas chamber
    cherrie

There's really no American movies that are sad to me. A Walk to Remember was pretty sad if the actors/actresses acted better. It was a bit illogical. But oh well, it was sad.

Quote Originally Posted by Yun_Feiyang

definitely!!! cry my eyes puffy each time i watch it.. always hoping ah loong will come out of the fire in the end

Two films and a couple of animations:
    Hotel Rwanda, to a less degree The Pianist
    Barefoot Gen and to a less degree Grave of the Fireflies

It's not just a coincidence that all these films are related to that evil thing which is war.

I wouldn't call them sad though, it's sort of a really undeserving adjective (if you wanna put in this same category films such as armageddon or a walk to forg.. er remember or titanic). These films drain your spirit, bend your will and leave you breathless and then it happens, at some point there is no other option but to let it go and cry, out of shame, out of frustration, out of sympathy.

Axel