Page 12 of 26 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: ★Bao Jian Feng★

Why does Hu Bing have a bad rap in China? I don't know much about him, so I'm just curious.
    Check out these photos of Hu Bing. To say the least, he was really pushing the limit of artistic expressionism.

http://www.6park.com/enter8/messages/32684.html
    Last edited by jennie; 11-17-05 at 10:18 PM.

Can you tell me more about Bao Bao's character in Yong Le Ying Xiong? What's his major character flaw in there?
    I'll get back to you with more on Yong Le Ying Xiong at bed time when I have a bigger chunk of time. Basically I just can't stand the feel of the whole show including Bao Bao's character. I blame it on the writer and diretor and the producer though (Zhang Zi Zhong). Let me just show a photo of Tian Ci for now. Basically what you see is what you get.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://club.netandtv.com/picture/pic2005-4-18/2005418132409937.gif')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://club.netandtv.com/picture/pic2005-4-18/2005418132504559.gif')

ETA:

Watching Bao Bao's character Tian Ci, was like watching a 12 year old with ADD in a 25 year old body for the duration of 40 episodes. Actually the same way for Liu Tao's character, only a female version. The whole show was just overly campy for my taste, the humor is silly and childish. I don't mind a little silliness for humor, just not the same thing for all 40 episodes. The world Pi ("fart") was repeated over and over again throughout, just not my cuppa. On top of that, the music/score was an entire misfit, using symphony like western classical music. It was very distracting. Do I sound overly negative?
    Last edited by jennie; 11-18-05 at 01:14 AM.

That must be Hu Bing's infamous pic album! That's hilarious!!! I'm not an avid follower of him, but his fans must've found those pics interesting, to say the least. Still would have to go with Chen Han as Marylin though...his pose is more than a bit disturbing.

I hate it when good actors or actresses get roles that basically insult their self-respect. It sounds like Yong Le Ying Xiong's one of those kinds of series...

I hate it when good actors or actresses get roles that basically insult their self-respect. It sounds like Yong Le Ying Xiong's one of those kinds of series...
    Well, it's just my personal view. Some people liked it, although I doubt there were many.

Hu Bing does have a nice body, but those pics...yeah. On a random note, he kind of reminds me of Luke Wilson.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd think that actors and actresses with self-respect wouldn't choose roles that they feel insult their self-respect. Maybe Bao Bao thought Tian Ci would be a fun character to play. I've liked most of Zhang Ji Zhong's productions and with such a solid cast, it's a shame YLYX didn't turn out better.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Hu Bing does have a nice body, but those pics...yeah.
    He does! I'd never realized before that he was so buff. Those poses are hilariously odd, especially when so many are typical girl poses.

Please don't take this the wrong way, but I'd think that actors and actresses with self-respect wouldn't choose roles that they feel insult their self-respect. Maybe Bao Bao thought Tian Ci would be a fun character to play. I've liked most of Zhang Ji Zhong's productions and with such a solid cast, it's a shame YLYX didn't turn out better.
    Having different and similiar opinions are what make forums worth visiting Begin essay:

I don't want actors/actresses to take roles they feel insult their self-respect, since acting's their job and they deserve to enjoy it. It's great if they loved playing a character, but there are definitely those roles I'd just rather not see them perform because to me, it was nothing more than a joke and waste of their talent and abilities.

I've seen series where an actor/actress played a ridiculously lame, fake character, and that polluted my image of that actor/actress to the point where I want to avoid anything they're in. That's not a response I want to have, and I don't think that's a response that's good for them, either. I could be missing out on spectacular future performances just because I saw them in a sucky series that abused their acting talents. Other people are certainly free to watch and enjoy those series, but I don't want to cringe through one (I have before and it was painful) because I love an actor/actress and felt terrible seeing him/her act more or less like a fool for no good reason when I could be watching something else of theirs that does them justice.

Bao Jian Feng was freakin' hilarious and adorably whacky in that talk show with his dancing (thanks again for the link, Lady Zhuge). But when a character appears to be in a plot mainly for exaggerated, terribly fake silliness value, then I have a problem and would rather pass on that particular series if I'm warned beforehand. Though it may not seem so, I'm pretty openminded about most any kind of series, but based on jennie's review, Yong Le Ying Xiong seems to be hitting my "Warning, lameness ahead: take a detour" sensor.

I know it's not fair to pass judgement on something based only on opinions, but I guess it's just me being biased and picky about what I watch to protect an actor or actress' integrity in my head. I could be completely wrong and maybe it's a great series, but then that'll be ok because it'll be something else to enjoy Bao Jian Feng in. But with so many of his other series that seem much more attractive, like 樱桃正红 and this new ancient series, I'm not upset if I miss out on that one.

Ok, I'm done with my essay now

I just finished Qi Pao Tian Tang and I like it much! There were some holes here and there, but it was cute and enjoyable. Wish there were bloopers, but Mainland series don't seem to have too many of those. Bao Jian Feng looks great in a tux

Also, I thought it was really cool they used some people's real (or at least, their stage name in real life) names as character names in both 18 Sui De Tian Kong and Qi Pao Tian Tang. That's something I haven't seen before in other series.

Slight Qi Pao Tian Tang spoilers:
    I felt the ending was a bit rushed, but it wrapped up all right. Some things were kind of too convenient, but that probably couldn't be helped. Zhen Feng's foot recovered miraculously fast: crutches in one scene and he's walking just fine in the next. Oh well, he must be a fast healer

The contrast between Bao Jian Feng's Zhen Feng and Ah Kuan were so funny, especially when he kept slicking back his hair. Had to feel a bit bad for the guy, though.

I wanted to see that last race Zhen Feng promised Xiao Jin, they should've showed it! And I'm curious if Zhi Nan is the faster of the two Yellow Lightnings, but I guess we aren't told that either.

Re: Yong Le Ying Xiong

Definitely just a one person's opinion, may be baised for whatever reason. I woundn't elevate to the level of sefl respect thought.

Re: QPTT.

There is a bit blopper at the end of the last ep.

Also, the second half of this clip has some interviews at the shootting set. mms://vod.tom.com/ENT/200409/qipaotiantang.wmv

18 and QPTT were the first 2 complete serials I saw with Bao Bao. I was so thoroughly impressed with his acting chops. Zhen Feng and Gu Yue Tao were polar opposit in terms of personality and temperament and Bao Bao pulled out beautifully in both.
    Last edited by jennie; 11-20-05 at 04:45 PM.

Re: Hu Bing's body

Hu Bing didn't get the reign of #1 male super model in China for nothing.
    Last edited by jennie; 11-20-05 at 04:25 PM.

From ww.baojianfeng.com/bbs/

Bao Bao is mad at himself because of his "poor english".

poor english
    今天写东西的时候,发觉自己的英文已经退步到不可忍受的地步了。我发脾气了,随手扔掉了桌上的纸巾盒。就在 我刚一做完“扔”这个动作后,我忽然想:这个“扔”英文这么讲?纸巾呢?napkin? toilet paper? tissue? my god !!!!我现在就剩下喊这句挺顺的。我快疯了!so stupid poor guy!发脾气有什么用呢!不会的就是不会,有这功夫生气,翻翻字典就明了了。
    可怜的保小锋要牢牢记住人不学习要落后。
    保小锋明天要他哥哥大保去帮他买“疯狂英语”
    大保说“oh! are U crazy?! calm dowm ,body !take it easy! i have no money to instigate U wasting time!”
    保小锋嚷道“只要功夫深,铁杵磨成针!”
    大保想了想说“ok! you getta.from the beginning, i am going to buy "children english" ga ga ga (laughing)
    保小锋似懂非懂地说“oh yeah thank you! my big brother!”
    oh!poor 保小锋!开心无比地从地上捡起了纸巾盒(facial tissues ).

Quote Originally Posted by jennie
    Definitely just a one person's opinion, may be baised for whatever reason. I woundn't elevate to the level of sefl respect thought.
    Don't mind me. Series that leave me with a poor impression of an actor/actress only because they had to act lamely is a subject I have strong feelings on, so I had a minirant.

poor english
    今天写东西的时候,发觉自己的英文已经退步到不可忍受的地步了。我发脾气了,随手扔掉了桌上的纸巾盒。就在 我刚一做完“扔”这个动作后,我忽然想:这个“扔”英文这么讲?纸巾呢?napkin? toilet paper? tissue? my god !!!!我现在就剩下喊这句挺顺的。我快疯了!so stupid poor guy!发脾气有什么用呢!不会的就是不会,有这功夫生气,翻翻字典就明了了。
    可怜的保小锋要牢牢记住人不学习要落后。
    保小锋明天要他哥哥大保去帮他买“疯狂英语”
    大保说“oh! are U crazy?! calm dowm ,body !take it easy! i have no money to instigate U wasting time!”
    保小锋嚷道“只要功夫深,铁杵磨成针!”
    大保想了想说“ok! you getta.from the beginning, i am going to buy "children english" ga ga ga (laughing)
    Awww he's so cute! I'm sure he'll get his English under control if he sets his mind to it.

I wonder what his big brother looks like...

And yeah, I saw the one tiny blooper at the end of QPTT, but that just made me wish for more. His switch from the expression of "indignant shock" to "silly grin" was hilarious

Awww he's so cute! I'm sure he'll get his English under control if he sets his mind to it.
    This is the classic case of Bao Bao experiencing split personalities, two little men fighting in his head.

And yeah, I saw the one tiny blooper at the end of QPTT, but that just made me wish for more. His switch from the expression of "indignant shock" to "silly grin" was hilarious
    I know what you meant.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://s5.imagesubmit.com/ng.gif')
    Last edited by jennie; 11-21-05 at 12:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jennie

poor english
    可怜的保小锋要牢牢记住人不学习要落后。
    保小锋明天要他哥哥大保去帮他买“疯狂英语”
    保小锋嚷道“只要功夫深,铁杵磨成针!”
    Haha, I love that. 保保好风趣啊!
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

That QPTT clip was great (Absolute definition of shuai in that white tux...!) He's so funny and cute when he's being interviewed, quipping and cracking jokes. I agree he's between Zhen Feng and Ah Kuan, but it would seem Gu Yue Tao's personality is quite close to his own.

Please do share other clips if you know of them

By the way, anyone know anything about this series he seems to be in, 伏魔录?

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoYu
    By the way, anyone know anything about this series he seems to be in, 伏魔录?
    That's actually Qing Tian Ya Men 2.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

One more, this one is pretty funny, only the first 30 minuts of the show has Bao Bao though:

mms://218.22.14.85/ahtv/video/ahtv1_...0617203504.wmv

I'll check out those clips; very much for them!

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    That's actually Qing Tian Ya Men 2.
    Okay, though now I'm getting very confused. This is the cover of this series on YesAsia:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img325.imageshack.us/img325/6548/lp10040892562uc.jpg')

It seems like a fantasy/wuxia story, so I was like...oooh, interesting. I figure if Wang Gang and Bao Jian Feng's in it, it should be at least an ok series so I kinda wanted to check it out. But now I'm not sure if it is a wuxia series or if it's really QTYM2. Maybe it's another series by the same name? Or they just made up the cover...

I think this is a made up cover. Fu Mo Lu shuld be QTYM2.

Darn YesAsia for leading gullible people like me astray

Quote Originally Posted by XiaoYu
    Darn YesAsia for leading gullible people like me astray
    It's not just yesasia. Other online shops such as tigercool also have the same cover. It doesn't really make any sense.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")