Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: TV Schedule for CH U

Firstly, SPH is a listed company. They have to answer to their shareholders and they include people from all races. In fact, on Chn i news, there was a guy, a shareholder who was very fiery tells SPH to shut down tv station because it is losing money. That guy if i remember correctly also says why you need two chinese stations .. a bit racist leh. (that guy is non chinese).

So they probably thought about that, and since the big big boss said it before, they have to bow and obey instructions

Mediaworks also spent too much money buying TVB dramas which can't even beat local productions. Someone must have got blamed like throwing money and give it to HK So they decided to call it quits. Immediately after the news was announced, the SPH shares rose.

Guess this is what the business market is like. I don't know much though. I'm too young to know about this! besides, i'm not that interested in the business thingy...
    Just wish that those who got retrenched would find a job soon, and hopefully one day...maybe, someone could provide money for the tv station to be solo again, for tv competition. Or, maybe we don't need it anymore?

After this lesson, who will dare to challenge mediacorp ? UNless TVB is allowed to come into the scene and run free to air stations playing 24 hours of TVB programmes. In Taiwan, they allow that (TVBS) and they also operate satellite channels like TVBS-ASIA.

When will we see that ? What abt satellite dishes? I think we will have to wait since the people up there still wants to control.

there won't be other choices for singaporeans then. we will just have to accept that the singapore tv history has only appeared one rival, and that is mediaworks, who is brave enough to accept the challenge. they had not lost 'cos it's just the small market in singapore which resulted in their merger. I would always appreciate their efforts and hardwork, and the times which brings us joy and happiness.

That market is not small as claimed. Many coproductions of mediaworks has made waves in China Taiwan and HK.

Just show one drama in China, you will be probably earning more than enough to sustain operations. There are a number of shows like yan man nu jiang, shu jian en chou lu .. People in Taiwan were praising ZhongQin, GuoLiang, etc They even made fan sites for them. zhang yuhua is also famous in taiwan starred in a number of coproductions of mediaworsk with overseas houses.

It is only Ch 8 who thinks that the market is small (yes for singapore, since their productions only local people will watch).

i wonder what makes channel 8 so attractive that most aunties and even kids like the channel? because they are of longer history that makes the aunties more attached to the channel? well, then they aren't choosing the best.

Reason is simple, They produced home centred theme dramas which are the same for every story.

This kind of stories attracts viewers, esp the older generations.

That is also why you see TVB Kindred spirit. attracted high ratings.

Even Ah Cheng also attractde lots of viewers.

In fact, Ch U did one which received rave reviews - that is the show Tian Lun.

But it's getting way too much of these type of dramas isn't it? do they have to resort to producing such shows to attract high viewership? can't be expecting them to have better ideas for their dramas. and dramas like Xi Ling Men I or II are way too noisy and nonsensical. just look at it's drama title, it is suppose to be happy and joyful, but what i can see is quarrels quarrels and more quarrels whenever i tune in to it during commercial breaks.

Well. at least they know wht Singaporeans love to watch.. that is quarrels after quarrels.

This sort of shows won't sell other than local market. It is sad that our audience prefers this kind of low quality shows. including monday's 8pm variety.

haha, maybe they should think of introducing a programme to tell the audiences what are good to watch and what are not. lol. definitely, they would say, j team's productions are the best.

I found out something. Ch i is not going to close!

where did you get the info from?!

i have always been supporting mediaworks as i think their shows are really great and unlike mediacorp, mediaworks give equal opportunity for everyone(Artistes). And mediacorp always thought that they are very great but they actually s*** (in my opinion). i always turn to channel u and seldom turn to channel 8. I think in the future, i have gotta depend on SCV for tv entertainment.

Quote Originally Posted by romeowen
    i have always been supporting mediaworks as i think their shows are really great and unlike mediacorp, mediaworks give equal opportunity for everyone(Artistes). And mediacorp always thought that they are very great but they actually s*** (in my opinion). i always turn to channel u and seldom turn to channel 8. I think in the future, i have gotta depend on SCV for tv entertainment.

They(mediaworks) do give more opportunities to their artistes, but to be fair, most probably it's because they do not have enough(artistes) to go around.

I actually hadn't watched local shows for many months. Cable plays a huge part on my decision.

Latest news :

The stations are currently known as Di Wu Bo Dao and Di Ba Bo Dao.

MediaCorp TV12's Suria will be referred to as Zhao Yang Pin Dao and Central as Ju Dian Pin Dao in Chinese.

The move is part of the 'corporate effort to adopt the best from both MediaCorp and SPH MediaWorks,' said MediaCorp's group CEO Ernest Wong.

The two media companies announced the merger of their mass market TV operations on Sept 17 this year.

From Jan 1, MediaWorks' Channel U will become part of the MediaCorp Group, while Channel i will close.

Channel U's news bulletins will also be moved from their current time slots of 6.30pm and 10pm to 7pm and 11pm, and be anchored by Liang Ni and Serene Loo, who now present the noon news on Channel 8.

Don't be shocked when you see CH U NEWS on 1 Jan. Lian Ni looks exactly like a replica of Zhang Haijie.

Hai...but i guess i'll still miss the original news team. y do they nid two chinese channels airing news at different time slots?? aren't news about the same...

Ch 8 news show a few clips of their demo presentations.

That Lu whatever doesn't look good at all (on screen). looks too fierce.
    The other Liang Ni looks exactly like Zhang Haijie.

Oh maybe we can compare their similarities then. Hope that there will be more variety shows. In that case, Ren Ci Charity Show would start at 7.30pm and ends at 11pm.

Yes that was the intended schedule. I hope CH U wno't turn into a charity channel.