Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Kung Fu Hustle (Stephen Chow)

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Kung Fu Hustle would have been so much better if it doesn't have the disgusting stuff like running nose, dirty hair and brown teeth. Those element somewhat ruin the movie for me.

you are so wrong.....makes the film have an even better edge. not everyone have sparkling white teeth, y'know?

Quote Originally Posted by tinlunlau
    you are so wrong.....makes the film have an even better edge. not everyone have sparkling white teeth, y'know?

i agree. keep in mind that a) this film was set in 1940s Shanghai where dental hygiene was not a big concern amongst people, and b) Stephen Chow movies are built on these boogers and bad teeth ^++++^

Hi!!

Just to add on....I think the whole cocoon thingy at the end with Stephen emerging super strong and powerful is a homage to the "Reincarnation" series.....you know, the kungfu which you must forget and be in a cocoon before coming out as a "new" person.

Just thought that tidbit might be interesting.
    What is Beauty but just a name?
    For the Rose returns to the Dust from whence it came.

Hmm, I was watching an AMC special on Bruce Lee films and they showed like a 10 minutes or so clip of uncut footage that Bruce Lee had shot for "The Game of Death." The weird thing was that they played this piece of music as the background which sounded oddly familiar. Afterwards, I turned on the OST to Kung Fu Hustle, and it was the opening theme to this movie (called "Kung Fu 1" in the OST) and the drumming part was exactly the same. I thought it was neat that he worked in some music from his idol's past works.

this was an awsome movie but definately not the best of what i think stephen is captable off. the jokes isnt really that funny....but yes the action scenes were a blast
    some parts i think were stupid, sing got totally crushed by the beast but the injuries helped altered his chi flow and awake his hiden power..but it was a good movie by stephen chow nevertheless. 9/10

the whole "getting beaten to a pulp and getting stronger because of that" actually looked like "Dragon Ball" to me...

sorry...

The DVDs are now on preorder over at sensasian.com and www.layoyo.com
    Sensasian is selling a box set too, but at a whopping price of 55 bucks plus 18 Units of shipping.....dang...

great movie, loved every minute of it. I think its actually better than Shaolin soccer

I heard his doing a sequel is it true?

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

It wasn't as funny as Shaolin Soccer, but loved the movie none the less. =)

Loved the part where he got stabbed and kept gettin his face smashed on the railcart. =P

If you're going to watch Kung Fu Hustle for the comedy, forget it. But if you're going for the action, be prepared for a visual feast of kung fu extravaganza. This movie alluded to many of my favorite Shaw films, and I found myself tipping my hat to Stephen Chow once again for his incredible creativity. For those of you who have never seen a wuxia film or read a wuxia novel, many of the ideas displayed here might be completely new to you. My cousin had a hard time understanding how Stephen Chow was able to live again after getting his *** handed over by Leung Siu Lung. He also could not understand how those two blind men were able to fight with their zithers. And to add to my frustration, he had never even heard of the Buddha's Palm technique. But still, we both enjoyed it entirely, and I will certainly add this movie to my DVD collection. Well worth your time...

I thought the movie was friken awesome. IMOP it was more entertaining and funny then SLJK. The best part was when they tried to kill the fat land lady (SLN ) with the knives. I dont watch alot of Hk/chinese movies but his overweight buddy is hilarious on both movies.
    wow..04-08....4 years just like that..time flies..

Kungfu Hustle is currently the second top-grossing movie of all-time in Hong Kong. It has beaten Infernal Affairs.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

What was the highest grossing movie then ?
    Justice My Foot ?

I believe it was Shaolin Soccer since Kung Fu has yet to beat its record...only by a couple hundred thousand...

is this a good movie? it looked kinda bad on the ads and stuff, but hey,... they don't count.
    i waz gonna buy it for no reason watsoeva, but dropped it at the last moment. waz that a mistake?
    is it as good as A World Without Thieves?
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.

No harm watching a movie that has gained much praise from the audience. Besides it's top in so many box office, why not give yourself a chance to enjoy?

Quote Originally Posted by moonlight-sonata
    is it as good as A World Without Thieves?
    To me, it's better.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I used to live up north but then it got freezing so i flew all the way down south..now it is boiling

Quote Originally Posted by kidd
    Kung Fu Hustle would have been so much better if it doesn't have the disgusting stuff like running nose, dirty hair and brown teeth. Those element somewhat ruin the movie for me.
    o u mean like dat guy hu low rided so u can see his -censored-

Quote Originally Posted by hyperlink989
    o u mean like dat guy hu low rided so u can see his -censored-
    i've got to admit....that "nudity" kinda shocked me. I wonder if it was written in the script for him to show his butt or was it himself that had decided to show his butt?