Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Are reviews discriminated against?

Quote Originally Posted by rokko99
    I think reviews should only be corrected for spelling and obvious grammatical mistakes otherwise it just takes too damn long.

people want their reviews as fast as possible and straight from fellow viewers' mouths , not 3rd hand .
    If you're not doing anything to relieve the editors' burden, keep quiet. Do you know how many people don't know what it means to spell correctly or write grammatically accurate sentences? Do you know there are reviewers who think a review looks good with short forms and abbreviations - a clear indication they're too lazy to do their own proof-reading and think the editors are there to clean up their mess?

玉木宏

blog

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    If you're not doing anything to relieve the editors' burden, keep quiet. Do you know how many people don't know what it means to spell correctly or write grammatically accurate sentences? Do you know there are reviewers who think a review looks good with short forms and abbreviations - a clear indication they're too lazy to do their own proof-reading and think the editors are there to clean up their mess?

the editors have already said they do not want any help.

I think reviews should only be corrected for spelling and obvious grammatical mistakes otherwise it just takes too damn long.

people want their reviews as fast as possible and straight from fellow viewers' mouths , not 3rd hand .
    If this was a perfect world, we would be a review-churning machine and be able to edit reviews and publish them live on the next, or even same day as submission.

But seriously, in keeping with the purpose of starting this site, one of the things I noticed when this site started was that it wasn't that there were no asian tv review sites out there, but that most of the content were so riddled with grammatical or spelling errors that it was painful to read through them. One of my objectives of the site was to advocate good and thoughtful writing and to ensure a certain degree of standard when it first started. This will probably never change.

Which was why any reviews submitted always had to be edited. Though I think you might misunderstand and actually think we try to drastically alter a sentence or mold it into a perfect review. If a reviewer used the word 'good' to describe something, it won't be changed to 'spectacular' or some other adjective. That is another policy, that we don't try to change a reviewer's writing style or their opinions. So, in actuality, reviews really are just changed for obvious spelling and grammatical mistakes. It's just that the rate of submissions is faster than the rate of editing.

In case anyone's interested, a review generally goes through 3 stages. First stage is submission of course, then it goes through editorial, and then finally through a production phase where I go and find appropriate images for the review and make the review 'go live'.
    -SC

the editors have already said they do not want any help.

I am one of the editors. Capito?
    玉木宏

blog