Thread: What will be the fate of those TVB shows after April?

Default What will be the fate of those TVB shows after April?

All move to Ch 8? or no more TVB shows?

i think until April, they will all be screened. From apil onwards, I think we will have all the local productions.. TVB dramas are never cheap.

Quote Originally Posted by mediaworks
    i think until April, they will all be screened. From apil onwards, I think we will have all the local productions.. TVB dramas are never cheap.
    Heard that they have 5-yr contract... and the price is high because of competition... now demand drop, price will drop... maybe they will be screened on CH 8.

5 yrs contract is ending soon. 1 more year. which is yr 2005.
    They will buy and screen those ATV shows for sure.. boring.

Izzit.... I read it somewhere that its cheaper to buy an overseas production than to produce one themselves.
    Ah, I would be very sad if they stop screening the TVB shows... they are the only entertaining series on tv. I am seriously quite put off by all those icky yucky family oriented dramas that Mediacrap produces. No originality and creativity... no wonder these series never made it big overseas.

Now it is a monopoly. What can we say. Will they ever listen? ans: you should know better.

ch 8 will be showin TVBI show.. but i forgot the title liao!!!
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

They get $110+ license fees from every household and yet they are producing some crappy shows!!!

They deserve to wake up or let mediaworks take over mediacorp by buying over the reaming shares.

Anyone has cable and noticed that the TVB shows screened on SCV all seem to be popping up months later on CH8 and CHU?

Quote Originally Posted by jade_frosts
    Anyone has cable and noticed that the TVB shows screened on SCV all seem to be popping up months later on CH8 and CHU?
    Yeah, me. The cable channels are way ahead in screening TVB dramas than Ch8 and Ch U. If I'm not wrong, one of the slots for one of the dramas (doomed to oblivion if I'm not wrong) was supposed to be just once a week.
    -velvet_ice-
    "Don't worry about the world coming to an end today. It's already tomorrow in Australia." - Charles Schultz

Eh, well, Mediacorp can't possibly screen the tvb dramas before SCV, otherwise who would want to subscribe to SCV. Think it should be some sort of agreement that MC can only show the TVB after SCV had already shown them.

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Eh, well, Mediacorp can't possibly screen the tvb dramas before SCV, otherwise who would want to subscribe to SCV. Think it should be some sort of agreement that MC can only show the TVB after SCV had already shown them.
    True true. Just wondering why they're showing exactly the same shows SCV has screened them. After all there are other dramas to choose from yeah? Don't see a point of subscribing to SCV if I can watch the same stuff a few months later. don't mind the wait.