Page 2 of 70 FirstFirst 12345678910111252 ... LastLast

Thread: The Duke of the Mount Deer 2006

Another re-make

I think Alec can play the lead role if it's eva considered!! If not Yi Ping is quite cute too

I prefer not to see a familiar face like Alec or Sun Yao wei...Yih Ping not bad a choice but there a few others that are posted which can do a pretty good job too I feel

Thumbs up Who is going to be the young KangXi

Does antone knows who is going to be the young KangXi??
    Will it be Bao Jian Feng (保剑峰)??
    I hope so as I think he will suite the character..
    Teddy

NOT ANOTHER REMAKE!!!!!!!! they got to start writing new stories!
    Louis koo and Carman Lee is the best YG and XLN!

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    I really liked Tony's portrayal of Wei Xiao Bao and it didn't bother me at all that he didn't look like a teenager. Jia Yi Ping would be my first choice because he reminds me of Tony and is a good actor too. He is very convincing in a 'lai zi' type of role. As for BJF, I just want to see more of him. Xu Zheng is like mainland China's version of Dicky Cheung. He even looks a lot like him in this pic. Xia Yu reminds me of Jordan Chan. He Ling looks too evil. Who is Zhang Wo Li? Do you mean Zhang Guo Li? Eric Suen...hmm...still trying to picture him with a half bald head.
    if u've seen princess huai yu/huai yu gong zu, u will see eric suen with a bald head as emperor Kang Xi..! of coz Kang xi's young in there, he's even younger than his consort (stupid script..its very unbelievable to have kang xi fall for a china princess) Check out
    this pic.
    Last edited by crimson18; 01-13-05 at 12:37 PM.
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!
    http://i42.photobucket.com/albums/e3...titled-1-1.jpg

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Katherine Yang
    These are nominations for the lead actress

The oldest wife of WXB (i mean that she's from Sheng Long island - hope u can understand )

1. Chen Hao

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://classpic5.chinaren.com/album/pic/966/280/2917034545011280966/110266057297969.jpg')

2. (She portrayed LinHuChong's shimei in Chinese version)
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://classpic8.chinaren.com/album/pic/966/280/2917034545011280966/110275511700864.jpg')
    by the oldest wife i guess u mus mean the most important of the wives, Long er / lung yi (played by Monica chan in dicky's version). she impersonates the queen rite?
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!

No. That's a common misconception brought about by the Stephen Chow movie.
    The person who impersonated the empress dowager was not the wife of the snake sect leader. in fact her name is not even Long er

Wei Xiao Bao only meets her when he is captured by the sheng long sect and brought to the island and becomes their white dragon emissary through sheer luck.

Arrow

then wats her name? i last watched the dicky version in 2002, its been quite a wile.
    CrimsYu SukiYo 川島 すき依 ..

CrimsYu

AND that's me!!

For the oldest wife I'd choose Chen Hao too. She's soo pretty!
    I think Alyssa Chia should b given a role too. Lik perhaps the princess. U know the role that Ruby got...She'd beat Ruby anytime!
    Then for Wei Xiao Bo I think Alec deserves to play that role too. I think he'd totally agree to play the role if offered. I was just reading his profile and it said that one of the character he wanted to play was WXB. But then again, I wouldn't really want to see another half head Alec again.
    I still think Dicky Cheung was the best WXB ever!
    Agreed I think that they should think up new stories to do instead of remaking all those old JY novels. I mean soon u could recite with them their scripts.
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

I'm waiting for this series too. Dicky and Tony did a good job. I'm not sure about the lead actor though. I don't any of them are right for the roles.

oh lord another remake of this series. nothing can surpass the tony leung one. jordan chan gets second place, but i think nothing can get as good and funny as those two.

Dicky's series had the most beautiful wives but his acting was just being his usual self. No big deal.
    Btw, Jordan Chan didn't do a Duke of Deer Mountain. His was titled The Witty Imperial Envoy.
    Last edited by Surferket; 08-13-05 at 06:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Surferket
    Btw, Jordan Chan didn't do a Duke of Deer Mountain. His was titled The Witty Imperial Envoy.
    That's probably just another English name for DoMD.

http://www.spcnet.tv/tvb_duke98.shtml
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by crimson18
    then wats her name? i last watched the dicky version in 2002, its been quite a wile.

Oy, that version was messed up.... wasn't even accurate based to the novel
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Oy, that version was messed up.... wasn't even accurate based to the novel
    The ladies looked good though...I like...

yeah, in terms of the actresses.. most looked good. but the story made WXB turn unto some all poweful kungfuist
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I'm pretty pessimistic about ANY mainland actor being able to portray Wei Xiao Bao. They're all too stiff and talk too properly for the role. Of the actors mentioned, I only know Xu Zheng from his "Li Wei becoming an Official" series. I think he'd be a decent choice. A lot of them do look way too handsome though...

Oddly enough, DOMD is my least favorite JY books to put on the TV screen. It's just impossible to fully act out Wei Xiao Bao's mannerisms and the humor. I even found Tony Leung's version somewhat boring. Maybe I'll actually skip this one, if there aren't enough hotties. If enough hot actresses portray his wives, watching Wei Xiao Bao living out every guy's fantasy just might be enticing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    The ladies looked good though...I like...
    yeah, the ladies were cute. "long er", the princess, and the other less important princess were the cutest.

I thought Dicky did a good job, he has guts in acting. such as the egg scene in the beginning, the scene where he used the cooked fish to smack on that one fool's face, and the snow scene.

even though he became a powerful kung fu master at the end, the whole story showed him using more wits rather than kung fu.

I hope they can find an actor who has skills as a comedian as WXB. judging from the pictures, it is kind of hard to believe that anyone of them will be up to par with the old WXBs.

lolz
    another remake how boring is this!

yes! my prayers seems to have been answered. I read recently that Zhang jizhong would be conducting a nationwide search for the new xiaobao after he's done with <bixue>. he mentioned the actor should be around 17-18 y.o., relatively short and not quite handsome.

in the novel, the boy started out as 12-13 year old., but this is not gonna happen in reality, so 18 is acceptable as long as he doesn't look too mature.

i hope zhang really mean what he says, if at the end of the day, he uses another taiwanese idol type actor, i'm gonna be seriously pissed.

on another note, i read liu yifei may play one of the wives. don't know what to make of it at this time...