Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 206061626364656667686970
Results 1,381 to 1,387 of 1387

Thread: The Duke of the Mount Deer 2006

Very few are what I'd call over the top.

Maybe the S&M scenes with the Princess, and the longer version of the brothel scenes where he takes off the clothes of each of the woman on the bed, and the scene where all of them are in the water.

But mostly just scenes to help the plot transition and dialogue that actually make sense (and more faithful to the book) rather than the dubbed PC versions. His first encounter with Ah Ke and why she is upset with him makes much more sense plot wise. The edited version cut so much stuff out that you had to have knowledge of the books sometimes to know what's going on. This new version can actually tell the story as a stand alone.
    Last edited by Jon Umber; 12-06-13 at 03:37 PM.

Thanks for the tips, it was pretty easy to find on youtube. keyword 鹿鼎記 粵語 2008

That's not the right now, that one only has 45 episodes. The one I'm referring to has 50 episodes.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon Umber View Post
    This is now in my opinion by far the best adaptation of the novel out of all the various adaptations.
    If it truly is the best version, then that is very sad indeed.

Because I wouldn't rank Royal Tramp (2008) higher than any form of feces.

I'm watching Demi-Gods & Semi-Devils (2003) right now (in preparation for the new adaptation), and it's mind-boggling how superior it is to Jin Yong's worst and most overrated novel (The Deer and the Cauldron) in every conceivable way (premise, story, characters, martial arts, time period ... pretty much every considerable aspect).

In fact, it seems to me there are various parallels between Demi-Gods and Deer, to the point at which you must wonder if Jin Yong was trying to replicate his greatest story when he was writing his worst (in which case, it only makes the disparity in quality even more obvious).

For instance, Wei Xiaobao's seven wives is a pitiful attempt at recreating the inexplicable awesomeness that was every female character in Demi-Gods who's related to Duan Zhengchun by either blood or coitus.

All seven wives put together can't even hold a candle to Kang Min or A'zhu/A'zi. And every lame, uninspired, irrelevant antagonist in Deer put together don't match up to Overflowing With Evil of the Four Great Evils. I mean, come on. The guy talks from his damn stomach.
    Last edited by PrinceKrillo; 12-11-13 at 05:32 AM.
    http://kibescorporation.blogspot.com/
    "The Universe is Zero-Sum ... Opposing Forces Maintaining an Intricate and Eternal Balance."
    张影焰 Shadowblaze

It's not an overrated novel, it's a brilliant novel. It's just not about what you think it's about.

Deer and the Cauldron is not about Wei Xiaobao or his wives. It a commentary on Chinese society, and the attainment, use, and abuse of power.

I watched this series years ago on TV... missed some episodes .... liked it ... felt WXB's sadness when his friendship with Kangxi was irreparable at the end.

Never had a glimpse of the condor and demi-god adaptations so I can't make any comparison, but I think it is not appropriate to come in and hurl insults.
    Last edited by krabs; 12-12-13 at 11:10 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by krabs View Post
    I watched this series years ago on TV... missed some episodes .... liked it ... felt WXB's sadness when his friendship with Kangxi was irreparable at the end.

Never had a glimpse of the condor and demi-god adaptations so I can't make any comparison, but I think it is not appropriate to come in and hurl insults.
    Agreed. I felt this series was good (even the older versions). Apparently PrinceKrillo has some vendetta against this series lol.