Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Han Wu Da Di (Starring Chen Bao Guo as Liu Che)

Quote Originally Posted by charbydis
    Hey Lady Zhuge, have you finished yet? I have finished the rewatch.
    No, I haven't finished yet. It's the last month of school which means exams, projects, and papers galore...all leading up to finals. Anyway, I'm up to the part where Li Guang was captured by the Xiongnu, escaped, and was then demoted to plebeian status.

Have you figured out whether you have the cut version or not?
    I probably have the cut version because I haven't come across many (if any) hot and heavy scenes.

I'd really grown to like Dou Ying and the actor who plays him (Ma Shao Hua). I just wanted to kill Tian Fen and Empress Wang when they burned Jingdi's Imperial letter. I'm looking forward to watching MSH in Zou Xiang Gong He hopefully sometime this summer. It's kind of interesting how HWDD's Dou Ying is so different from DHTZ's Dou Ying, but Tian Fen is pretty much the same pesky two-faced guy in both series (although somewhat more tolerable in HWDD excluding the accent). It was so funny when Wudi announced to everyone that Tian Fen would be the new Prime Minister, but he made it obvious that it wasn't a merit-based decision by any means.

Question: Just based on their different surnames, Tian Fen is only Empress Wang's half brother, right? They certainly appear alot closer than some siblings who have the same mother and father.

No offense, Empress Dowager Dou is a great woman, but she isn't a great ruler. She's too emotional and keeps holding onto personal grudges.
    Not too surprisingly, the series seemed to "promote" Empress Dowager Dou to a higher status when she was close to death. She mellowed out and became much more understanding, farseeing, and even remorseful.

Quote Originally Posted by chaule
    I still couldn't recall him as Zhao Yun even after Lady Zhuge mention it. Lady Zhuge, you have a good memory. Then one night, it just suddenly pop into my head and I remember that he was the second actor played Zhao Yun, am I right?
    As of Tian Xia Liang Cang, was he the servant of the young main character's father (sorry, I only saw it once on TV thus couldn't remember much)? I think he died in the end, am I right? I think his character there was very dark and looked evil at times. I didn't like his character there.
    Yep, Zhang Shan was the second Zhao Yun actor and the one most people remember in the role. Yes, he played Mi Ru Cheng's servant Pang Wang who died towards the end. He was pretty freaky; I thought his role in TXLC resembled Guo Jie somewhat. Do you remember Du Zhi Guo in TXLC as well? I liked him in there.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    No, I haven't finished yet. It's the last month of school which means exams, projects, and papers galore...all leading up to finals. Anyway, I'm up to the part where Li Guang was captured by the Xiongnu, escaped, and was then demoted to plebeian status. .
    hehe, me too, but I am lazy. The part you are at is sad. i feel sorry for Li Guang, yet admire his loyalty not to accept the bribe from Lord Huai Nan.

I probably have the cut version because I haven't come across many (if any) hot and heavy scenes. .
    Um.... there is a simple answer to this, did the rape scene flow smoothly or was it switching to the fight, then to some goats and then back to the fight and then so on. And did anyone attempt to stab the other party?

I'd really grown to like Dou Ying and the actor who plays him (Ma Shao Hua). I just wanted to kill Tian Fen and Empress Wang when they burned Jingdi's Imperial letter. I'm looking forward to watching MSH in Zou Xiang Gong He hopefully sometime this summer. It's kind of interesting how HWDD's Dou Ying is so different from DHTZ's Dou Ying, but Tian Fen is pretty much the same pesky two-faced guy in both series (although somewhat more tolerable in HWDD excluding the accent). It was so funny when Wudi announced to everyone that Tian Fen would be the new Prime Minister, but he made it obvious that it wasn't a merit-based decision by any means. .
    Join the club Lady Zhuge! I love Ma Shao Hua! I love his eyes! I loved it when he and Tian Fen were arguing and were grabbing at the evidence like little kids! They were so cute arguing over forty and fourteen! And Dou Ying was wiping spit from his face!

You would love him in Zou Xiang Gong He!

Question: Just based on their different surnames, Tian Fen is only Empress Wang's half brother, right? They certainly appear alot closer than some siblings who have the same mother and father. .
    Yes, they are half-siblings. In fact, there were 4 Tian brothers, and there were two Wang sisters, and two Wang brothers. But CCTV just condensed it into the two. And yes, they are very close but I think it is because they strive for the same thing and are both manipulative.

Not too surprisingly, the series seemed to "promote" Empress Dowager Dou to a higher status when she was close to death. She mellowed out and became much more understanding, farseeing, and even remorseful. .
    Yeah, but I didn't like her any better. I loved the scene where she sat and waited for Liu Che for 6 hours, but Dong Fang Shuo kept telling her it was not yet two, and walked around with sand in his pants. That was so funny! And Tian Fen's last interruption was hilarious! "I have important matters to bring to your attention..... .."
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

Um.... there is a simple answer to this, did the rape scene flow smoothly or was it switching to the fight, then to some goats and then back to the fight and then so on. And did anyone attempt to stab the other party?
    There's a lot of switching back and forth. Stab the other party...? I guess that answers that question.

Join the club Lady Zhuge! I love Ma Shao Hua! I love his eyes! I loved it when he and Tian Fen were arguing and were grabbing at the evidence like little kids! They were so cute arguing over forty and fourteen! And Dou Ying was wiping spit from his face!

You would love him in Zou Xiang Gong He!
    I like his demeanor...kind, calm, and unassuming. He seems like such a smart person too.

Sadly, his role/performance has the fewest amount of votes at the ZXGH sina site.

I loved the scene where she sat and waited for Liu Che for 6 hours, but Dong Fang Shuo kept telling her it was not yet two, and walked around with sand in his pants. That was so funny! And Tian Fen's last interruption was hilarious! "I have important matters to bring to your attention..... .."
    I agree, that scene was hilarious. When you gotta go, you gotta go.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

There's a lot of switching back and forth. Stab the other party...? I guess that answers that question.
    hehe.... you missed a lot. It was funny and scary at the time cos the guy kept getting rejected for about 3 times in 5 minutes. They had a huge fight. He started stripping in front of her and told her he loved her, to which she freaked out and grabbed a knife to defend herself.

I like his demeanor...kind, calm, and unassuming. He seems like such a smart person too.

Sadly, his role/performance has the fewest amount of votes at the ZXGH sina site.
    I think he came around 5th or 6th when we voted for HWDD males at baidu. CBG obviously won.

I agree, that scene was hilarious. When you gotta go, you gotta go.
    I really do admire Tian Fen's wit and indifference to humiliation sometimes!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

hehe.... you missed a lot. It was funny and scary at the time cos the guy kept getting rejected for about 3 times in 5 minutes. They had a huge fight. He started stripping in front of her and told her he loved her, to which she freaked out and grabbed a knife to defend herself.
    About when did this happen in the series? Was it towards the beginning, middle, or latter third? My mom's friend also has HWDD and there's a possibility that her set is the uncut version. I'll probably watch her set if I ever get around to a rewatch.

I think he came around 5th or 6th when we voted for HWDD males at baidu. CBG obviously won.
    Considering how many men are in this series, I guess that's not too bad. Who else was ahead of him, the Wei Qing and Huo Qu Bing actors, I presume? How about Zhang Qian? I'm looking forward to Ji An Shi's appearance. I hope they have a cool enough actor playing him.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I'm looking forward to Ji An Shi's appearance. I hope they have a cool enough actor playing him.
    Ji An Shi? There's no Ji An Shi in this series. May I ask, was Ji An Shi really appear in history under Han Wu Di's time? I thought he was just a fictional character in DHTZ.

Which part are you talking about? The part where Yizhixie approached Princess Nan Gong after killing his father?

Which part are you talking about? The part where Yizhixie approached Princess Nan Gong after killing his father?
    After he ordered the pseudo-princess to be burnt! I thought you watched the uncut version? There was only one rape scene inthe entire series!
    Last edited by charbydis; 04-20-06 at 05:56 AM.
    Cyril Connolly

About when did this happen in the series? Was it towards the beginning, middle, or latter third? My mom's friend also has HWDD and there's a possibility that her set is the uncut version. I'll probably watch her set if I ever get around to a rewatch.
    Around the middle just after the Empress Dowager died and her maid was sent as a pseudo-princess to the Xiongnu, but was found out and was burnt alive.

Someone told me that cut this scene heavily because it was bad for the children.

Considering how many men are in this series, I guess that's not too bad. Who else was ahead of him, the Wei Qing and Huo Qu Bing actors, I presume? How about Zhang Qian?
    Roughly:

1 Chen Bao Guo (Liu Che)
    2 GF (Yizhixie)
    3 LJM (Wei Qing)
    4 LL (Huo Qu Bing)
    5 MSH (Dou Ying
    6 Xu Chong (Jin Mi Di)
    7 Chen Zhi Gang (Yu Dan)
    8 Ren Chong (Zhang Qian)

I'm looking forward to Ji An Shi's appearance. I hope they have a cool enough actor playing him.
    Nope, I didn't see him.
    Cyril Connolly

Hmm...I guess Ji An Shi wasn't a real historical figure then. Oh well.

Thanks for posting the standings from baidu. I doubt Chen Bao Guo would even make my top 5. Part of it has to do with the fact that I've never really been a big fan of Liu Che and this series hasn't changed my mind much thus far.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Hmm...I guess Ji An Shi wasn't a real historical figure then. Oh well.

Thanks for posting the standings from baidu. I doubt Chen Bao Guo would even make my top 5. Part of it has to do with the fact that I've never really been a big fan of Liu Che and this series hasn't changed my mind much thus far.
    Hehe, i like Chen Bao Guo as an actor, but i didn't like Liu Che either! I think he is too extreme for me!
    Cyril Connolly

Who are your top five actors and/or characters in this series?

I'm now up to the part where Li Guang was killed. It's weird that they changed how he died. It's sad either way.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

After he ordered the pseudo-princess to be burnt! I thought you watched the uncut version? There was only one rape scene inthe entire series!
    Hehehe...I only watch the full version once long ago when I first rented it. The one I bought recently, I still haven't finish re-watching it. Only up to episode 25, and then got distract to the new ROCH.

I'd really grown to like Dou Ying and the actor who plays him (Ma Shao Hua). I just wanted to kill Tian Fen and Empress Wang when they burned Jingdi's Imperial letter. I'm looking forward to watching MSH in Zou Xiang Gong He hopefully sometime this summer. It's kind of interesting how HWDD's Dou Ying is so different from DHTZ's Dou Ying, but Tian Fen is pretty much the same pesky two-faced guy in both series (although somewhat more tolerable in HWDD excluding the accent). It was so funny when Wudi announced to everyone that Tian Fen would be the new Prime Minister, but he made it obvious that it wasn't a merit-based decision by any means. .
    Yep, that scene was sooo funny. I kept on rewatching that part several times.

Not too surprisingly, the series seemed to "promote" Empress Dowager Dou to a higher status when she was close to death. She mellowed out and became much more understanding, farseeing, and even remorseful.
    After watching DHTZ and HWDD, I felt that both of them didn't portrayed her correctly. I kind of got interest to find out how she really was but Shi Ji also did not describe her much.

Yep, Zhang Shan was the second Zhao Yun actor and the one most people remember in the role. Yes, he played Mi Ru Cheng's servant Pang Wang who died towards the end. He was pretty freaky; I thought his role in TXLC resembled Guo Jie somewhat. Do you remember Du Zhi Guo in TXLC as well? I liked him in there.
    To be honest, I was pissed when I see they fictionalized Guo Jie in HWDD. They changed his story comletely. Guo Jie's story in Shi Ji never involve those political conspiracies. He was a Wu Xia who was well known and loved by people (except the people in power) and the reason for his death had nothing to do with Liu Ling and such. When I first see Guo Jie appeared in the series, I was very happy. But I was so disappointed to see them manipulated his story.

Nope. I do not remember anyname from TXLC. Some hints on the role please?
    Last edited by chaule; 04-22-06 at 03:25 PM.

Hehe, i like Chen Bao Guo as an actor, but i didn't like Liu Che either! I think he is too extreme for me!
    Eventhough I also agree that he was a little too extreme, but I guess I like him more than both you and Lady Zhuge.

Who are your top five actors and/or characters in this series?
    Hmm, let's see who are my top fives.
    1. Dou Ying
    2. Liu Che
    3. Zhi Du
    4. Li Guang
    5. Wei Qing

I am so going to get killed for this:

Top 5 based on what male characters I feel intrigued by:

1. Dou Ying
    2. Yizhixie (I find him very interesting )
    3. Wei Qing
    4. Zhi Du
    5. Liu Che

Top 5 characters:

1. Princess Nan Gong (I like seeing her change)
    2. Dou Ying
    3. Yizhixie
    4. Empress Wang (I like her, she's evil, not she has a good reason)
    5. Wei Qing
    Cyril Connolly

I've finished this series. One of the most touching scenes has to be when a very ill Wei Qing was literally climbing up the steps to meet with Liu Che for the last time. I totally teared up then 'cause Wei Qing has always been my favorite character of the HWDD era and my heart was aching just like I'm sure princess Ping Yang's and Wei Zifu's were. It also sucked knowing that Wei Qing's plea to Liu Che would be futile.

Is the Wei Zifu actress the same one who played Zhou Zhiruo's evil shi jie in HSDS 2003? She looked weird as an old Wei Zifu.

Argh, poor Crown Prince! Yes Liu Che eventually realized and admitted that he was wrong, but too little, too late. If it had been almost anyone else but the Emperor, there goes his jiu zu.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

After watching DHTZ and HWDD, I felt that both of them didn't portrayed her correctly. I kind of got interest to find out how she really was but Shi Ji also did not describe her much.
    How do you think she should have been portrayed?

To be honest, I was pissed when I see they fictionalized Guo Jie in HWDD. They changed his story comletely. Guo Jie's story in Shi Ji never involve those political conspiracies. He was a Wu Xia who was well known and loved by people (except the people in power) and the reason for his death had nothing to do with Liu Ling and such. When I first see Guo Jie appeared in the series, I was very happy. But I was so disappointed to see them manipulated his story.
    Yeah, they made Guo Jie more like the one in DHTZ.

Nope. I do not remember anyname from TXLC. Some hints on the role please?
    Du Zhi Guo played the father of the blind girl.

Eventhough I also agree that he was a little too extreme, but I guess I like him more than both you and Lady Zhuge.
    "A little" too extreme? Pardon me while I laugh "a little".

(\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

How do you think she should have been portrayed?

Actually, I thought she was quite accurately portrayed in HWDD. According to "Han Shu", she was a dominating woman with a sad past. She openly favoured her youngest son, and ordered the death of Zhi Du, but not due to personal reasons, but because she believed the rumours that Zhi Du was allowing hs soldiers to abuse the poor people. But her death was too over-dramatic. I didn't find it that sad.
    Cyril Connolly