Page 1 of 8 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Han Wu Da Di (Starring Chen Bao Guo as Liu Che)

Default Han Wu Da Di (Starring Chen Bao Guo as Liu Che)

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/28/l_p1003944828.jpg')

Image courtesy of yesasia

Sina site
    Sohu site

Director: Hu Mei (also directed "Yong Zheng Wang Chao")

Main cast: Chen Bao Guo, Gui Ya Lei, Lin Jing, Jiao Huang (in his final stint as an emperor), Yang Tong Shu, Tao Hong

Length:: 58 episodes

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://china.sina.com.tw/image2/ent/v/2003-08-06/3_28-3-326-332_2003080616295.jpg')
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

how come they are making another serial about Liu che?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    how come they are making another serial about Liu che?
    Not just making...filming has been completed and the first half is already available. This adaptation will be more historically accurate than the DHTZ trilogy.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Unhappy

58 episodes is a bit lengthy though.
    Paris Hilton's funeral... ...see me?

Quote Originally Posted by oRaNgE_jUiCe
    58 episodes is a bit lengthy though.
    Compared to SGYY, not really.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Feng Qiu Huang w/ Vincent Jiao is also about Liu Che, but I think that one is even more historically inaccurate than DHTZ.

does anyone have a good picture of vincent jiao?
    Paris Hilton's funeral... ...see me?

Quote Originally Posted by oRaNgE_jUiCe
    does anyone have a good picture of vincent jiao?
    Check out his thread. I'm sure there are loads of pics in there.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

HWDD is based on Sima Qian's "Shi Ji" and Ban Gu's "Han Shu", so this will definitely be the most historically accurate series thus far about Han Wu Di and his reign.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

been watching for a week or so. very impresive production.

Quote Originally Posted by c13:4567
    been watching for a week or so. very impresive production.
    How far are you? If you've watched either "Yong Zheng Wang Chao" or "Kang Xi Di Guo", how does "Han Wu Da Di" compare thus far? If you haven't, well, I'm glad you're enjoying this series. I will probably watch this during spring break or something. It's actually 64 episodes long and not the 58 that sina reported. There might be more than one version, though.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    How far are you? If you've watched either "Yong Zheng Wang Chao" or "Kang Xi Di Guo", how does "Han Wu Da Di" compare thus far? If you haven't, well, I'm glad you're enjoying this series. I will probably watch this during spring break or something. It's actually 64 episodes long and not the 58 that sina reported. There might be more than one version, though.
    i'm up to epi 5.

haven't watched "Yong Zheng Wang Chao" or "Kang Xi Di Guo" but heard that it has the same director as "Yong Zheng Wang Chao". the last big production china series i watched was Xi You Ji or maybe San Guo Yan Yi. can't remember well, i was a little kid back then.

up to epi 14 now, on the whole very pleased with the series... despite the main guy not even out yet.

tvb simply pales in comparison when making historical production, when compared to china mainland.

i particularly like the part when Han jing di had an emotional farewell meeting with Cao cuo before sending his beloved teacher to be executed.

may not be in the shi ji, but i thought it was nicely done.

so, no one else watching ? maybe i should stick to the chinese forums

I would say more, but I'm not watching this series right now. Please keep the comments coming while you're watching this, though. They're interesting to read.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Thumbs up Han Wu Da Di

Just wanted to say that I've seen about 30 episodes of Han Wu Da Di and it's great! The cast, costumes, and scenery are excellent. I think I like it even better than Kang Xi Di Guo. I've never been a fan of Chen Bao Guo but his performance in this movie and Jian Lin Tian Xia, has made me a huge fan. Usually the only Chinese actor I watch is Chen Dao Ming, but now I'll definietly be watching more Chen Bao Guo movies. Does anyone have any info on this great actor?

Eh? Tao Hong is in this series? She plays these younger roles but she always appears much older than the character. I don't know I just do not like her.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by jade1500
    Just wanted to say that I've seen about 30 episodes of Han Wu Da Di and it's great! The cast, costumes, and scenery are excellent. I think I like it even better than Kang Xi Di Guo. I've never been a fan of Chen Bao Guo but his performance in this movie and Jian Lin Tian Xia, has made me a huge fan. Usually the only Chinese actor I watch is Chen Dao Ming, but now I'll definietly be watching more Chen Bao Guo movies. Does anyone have any info on this great actor?
    Really, you think it's better than "Kang Xi Di Guo"? If you like this type of series, you should definitely watch "Yong Zheng Wang Chao" starring Tang Guo Qiang. I think you'll be very impressed, especially with the acting and story. I've watched quite a few of Chen Bao Guo's series and do agree that he's a very good actor, but I've just never been a fan of his. If you like him, you should watch "Da Zhai Men" I and II. I've also seen him in a comedy called "Yi Shou Tuo Liang Jia", "Wu Ze Tian" (1995 version with Liu Xiao Qing), and am currently watching "Jian Lin Tian Xia". He is currently filming a series with Vicki Zhao Wei called "Jing Hua Yan Yun".
    Here's Chen Bao Guo's sina site.
    Last edited by Lady Zhuge; 01-29-05 at 03:38 PM.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

I've been hearing some absolute -rave- reviews about HWDD, I plan to check it out if I can.

at epi 26 currently...

its getting better and better. Han jing di is a goner already, his young son, who i must say looks to be more capable than his old man, has suceeded him. my opinion is quite mixed about Han jing di, leaning towards the negative. After he had Cao Cuo executed, I lamented at his weakness. When he indirectly caused the deaths of li fei and her son, the ex-crown prince, I felt disgusted. But then he wanted to off Zhou Yafu, and that really pissed me off.

however, at least they did not ignore history and make him into a heroic figure or an evil tyrant, which tvb is prone to do.

so far there are not many negatives for the series... although the editing can be improved, the transition between scenes at times was uneven. moreover, when they switched actors from the teenage Han wu di to the adult one, they failed to use a buffer period or a phrase like 'a few years have passed', instead it seemed like his face changed dramatically overnight.

also even though, the series kept to history for the most part, i read that there are some inaccuracies. someone in the chinese forum posted a point-by-point list of things in the series that did not conform to Han history, and if i recall correctly, it had 30 or so items.

Heh, heh... i thought I was uptight about these things.

Quote Originally Posted by Lady Zhuge
    Really, you think it's better than "Kang Xi Di Guo"? If you like this type of series, you should definitely watch "Yong Zheng Wang Chao" starring Tang Guo Qiang. I think you'll be very impressed, especially with the acting and story. I've watched quite a few of Chen Bao Guo's series and do agree that he's a very good actor, but I've just never been a fan of his. If you like him, you should watch "Da Zhai Men" I and II. I've also seen him in a comedy called "Yi Shou Tuo Liang Jia", "Wu Ze Tian" (1995 version with Liu Xiao Qing), and am currently watching "Jian Lin Tian Xia". He is currently filming a series with Vicki Zhao Wei called "Jing Hua Yan Yun".
    Here's Chen Bao Guo's sina site.

Hi, Lady Zhuge I'm not really a fan of this type of series. I watched "Kang Xi Di Guo" because CDM was in it, and "Han Wu Da Di ", because of Chen Bao Guo. If it wasn't for both of these actors I would have missed 2 truly great tv series. As for "Da Zhai Men" I and II, I just purchased the series, however I don't know if I'll watch it. I watched a little bit of the beginning and was bored out of my mind and being over 70 chapters long, I don't know if I want to devote that much time. Maybe the series will get interesting once CBG appears, but I'm still not sure yet. Thanks for the link, unfortunately I can't read Chinese so the link doesn't help me much. Maybe his new series with Vicki Zhao will interest me more, do you know when it will be released?