Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: New Channel U News

Default New Channel U News

what will be your comment?

By the way, why mediacorp doesn't cooperate with SPH to produce some news features for Ch U news? otherwise what is the selling point of Ch U News in the future?

mediacorp 8 and U news will be the same except for the presenters.

I watched both the Channel 8 and Channel U news today... it was really quite duh, since they report exactly the same thing. What is the point? Channel U's news will not have any selling point. If they continue like this, people would just watch the Channel 8 news since its earlier. And Channel U's ratings will drop and drop and in the end Mediacrap will say something like this, "Due to poor ratings, we have no choice but to close down Channel U due to cost efficiency and yada yada yada...."

Ugh...

Everyone is afraid this day would come...

Thumbs down

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    I watched both the Channel 8 and Channel U news today... it was really quite duh, since they report exactly the same thing. What is the point? Channel U's news will not have any selling point. If they continue like this, people would just watch the Channel 8 news since its earlier. And Channel U's ratings will drop and drop and in the end Mediacrap will say something like this, "Due to poor ratings, we have no choice but to close down Channel U due to cost efficiency and yada yada yada...."

Ugh...
    不用头脑想,用屁股想都知道啦。
    If want to close the station just close lar, so many pattern pattern... wasting time and money, actually i m quite sorry for the two news 播报员。好像被利用。。。
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

Quote Originally Posted by november
    不用头脑想,用屁股想都知道啦。
    If want to close the station just close lar, so many pattern pattern... wasting time and money, actually i m quite sorry for the two news 播报员。好像被利用。。。
    不好意思, 我习惯用头脑想, 屁股我另有用处.

Since they say its a friendly 'merger', of course must put up a show for at least a few months for Singaporeans to see.

不好意思, 我习惯用头脑想, 屁股我另有用处.

Since they say its a friendly 'merger', of course must put up a show for at least a few months for Singaporeans to see.
    LOL!

Talk is talk. We all know what's the truth.
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Perhaps this is their way to 'provide more options'. In other words, if someone cannot watch the news at 10:00pm due to some reason or another, they would have the choice to watch it at 11:00pm. Tada! and

This is just a guess, though, so my guess is as good as anybody's.

J_M'AP
    Je m'appelle...erm... je m'appelle...erm...hehheh...je ne sais pas... leh.

Talking

不好意思, 我习惯用头脑想, 屁股我另有用处.

哈哈,好说好说。
    反正我们就张大眼睛看看好了。
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

the news on U no is just a recap of the stuff shown on 8 !!!!!!!!!! there is no clear distinction on how different r they!!! dun think it will be for long ...just look at channel 5 news..its playing second fiddler to channelnewsasia now..it just sucks..i think mediacorp mentality is tat if u already do it on one channel ...just "cut n paste" lah for the other one..saves both time n money...n keep ppl happy!! who r those ppl?? the ones who r promoted lor to read news n for viewers who have difficulties tuning in or keeping time with channelnewsasia time slots!

well b4, u was doing news tabloid style ...its kinda different from 8 so sometimes u do get a kick out of seeing how they cover some news tats so tabloid!!! but at least it was interesting!! now? nothing to look forward to!!

Sigh... typical Singaporean behaviour. Both of them. It's just like squabbling neighbours which air their dirty linen in public... broadcasting the conflict to the whole country.

It has only been a few days but I already miss Zhang Haijie and Wang Yanqing's reporting. I have gotten so used to watching them report the news that a sudden switch to channel 8 news is quite a big turnoff.

yes beansprout, i miss them too...wah wah wah ...now cant see them on tv no more....dunno wats wrong with mediacorp..dun wann these two grade A readers n chose instead to pull up b list ones...sigh...

Quote Originally Posted by slowasacow
    yes beansprout, i miss them too...wah wah wah ...now cant see them on tv no more....dunno wats wrong with mediacorp..dun wann these two grade A readers n chose instead to pull up b list ones...sigh...
    It's quite the other way round too. They don't want Mediacorp too! XD!

Yea, thumbs up for turning Mediacrap's offer down!!! Who need their 假仁假义的施舍?
    It is really quite horrible of Mediacrap to migrate their not-so-good news reader to Channel U.
    Ugh.

Yea, thumbs up for turning Mediacrap's offer down!!! Who need their 假仁假义的施舍?
    It is really quite horrible of Mediacrap to migrate their not-so-good news reader to Channel U.
    Ugh.
    Whom they want to promote, will succeed eventually. Even if they don't, they will still get lots of exposure.

And what of those who doesn't get the same treatment? We just know too well.

Thumbs down

is it just my imagination or wat?!?! mediacoop seems to be trying very hard in making Liang Ni look like Zhang Haijie??!! OMG, thats really lowdown and disgusting!!

Quote Originally Posted by meteorite
    is it just my imagination or wat?!?! mediacoop seems to be trying very hard in making Liang Ni look like Zhang Haijie??!! OMG, thats really lowdown and disgusting!!
    Really? Maybe they are trying to tell her: Look, we got another you. Who cares if you are back with us or not.

meteorite, u r rite man!! the hairstyle...when i saw it i tot my eyes were playing tricks on me...then i took anoother look..n wah la...its liang ni with the same hairstyle! hahahah poor gal to be soo used by mediacrap!

nah new year new thing to expectation and also new standard from the viewer to so can't blame them they are trying hard to please those viewer etc so don blame them even they are like crap as ******* haha.