Thread: In the Realm of Success

Default In the Realm of Success

this is a show in 2001 that starred steven ma, nnadia chan, michael tao, claire yu, etc.
    im currently watching this--enjoying it as well i would certainly love to see comments here!
    steven ma is so good here! so adorable! im quite surprised im not annoyed with nnadia here! im a nnadia hater, but she's actually bearable here! michael's hairstyle here is really bad, but his character is okay.
    btw, remember the scene where michael's sister held that fashion show and her dress caught fire? i was rolling with laughter there! the series has many funny scenes and i certainly love those!
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Junior Member nothin_in_tis_world92's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    this is a show in 2001 that starred steven ma, nnadia chan, michael tao, claire yu, etc.
    im currently watching this--enjoying it as well i would certainly love to see comments here!
    steven ma is so good here! so adorable! im quite surprised im not annoyed with nnadia here! im a nnadia hater, but she's actually bearable here! michael's hairstyle here is really bad, but his character is okay.
    btw, remember the scene where michael's sister held that fashion show and her dress caught fire? i was rolling with laughter there! the series has many funny scenes and i certainly love those!
    I tink I've watched tis show a few years back...can't realli remember the details but i noe tis is definitely wan show i enjoyed watching!

i've watched this several months ago...i think i've watched this series more than 4 times!

the only thing i don't like about the show is Nnadia's sister...she's so annoying, especially those scenes with michael.

oh i most certainly agree with you susie! nnadia's sister is a brat and flirt. can't stand her!
    im down to the last 3 eps. oh, i 'hate' steven for being so stupid for not knowing nnadia's feelings for him! sure he may not expect it, but nnadia had already hinted that she choose him over michael! but of course, i really don't hate him
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

Eh? Michael Tao? Cherie I think you meant Michael Tong. Heh heh....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

huh? ah right hehe, my mistake
    so have u watched this suet seung? maybe you want to comment here
    cherrie

Hi cherie!!

I'm glad you started a thread on this series. I've watched it last year. It is a good series but I pity Michael in this series. I will not say much since you're only up to Ep. 3. Nnadia's sister is a brat but she is hilarious when Nnadia's co-worker is interested in her and yet she like Michael but Michael likes Nnadia.

Steven Ma played a good role too but he is not brave enough to reveal his feeling to Nnadia. All he did was just to help her a lot when she was having trouble with her bf played by Evergreen.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

Hey,

Didn't you say that you disliked Nnadia? What made you watch such an old series?
    Are you a fan of Steven or Michael? Or, did you just hear good things about this series...I've actually watched it about 10 times. It's very funny.

hi bubcas! no, i said im down to the LAST 3 eps now im done with the series!
    hi camrie! hehe, im a nnadia hater, but im a steven lover im a big fan of him
    finally finished the series last nyt! oh i really felt like kicking steven! he's such a coward for not revealing his feelings! you see, at first when he found out michael likes nnadia, sure it's normal that he didn't want to hurt his best friend. but till the end he wouldn't even dare to confess his feelings for her. and he just confessed it when he's quite, let's say half conscious. hm, that's what i don't like of steven's character there. he doesn't even think he would hurt nnadia with his wishy washy ways. a big no-no. as for nnadia, i think she kinda gave michael hope. she knows michael likes her, yet she still comes to him and accepts his kindness. she can tell michael of her feelings for steven, but she did not. she knows joyce lee likes michael, but she still didn't keep distance from michael. sure she refused to join him to lunch when they are practicing for that contest, but i still think she should have kept a certain distance. as for michael, yup he's a pitiful character. but it only shows that he loves his family more than everything and everyone else. maybe that's a classic example that you can't have everything in the world. but honestly, i have a feeling that michael's end was like that just to have steven and nnadia end up together. the producer also 'helped' steven.
    my favorite scenes are:
    -when steven was trying to help nnadia overcome her fear of insects (so funny when he handed her a real frog)
    -when steven gave nnadia a piggy back (i wish that's me)
    -when the dress of michael's sister caught fire
    -when nnadia was taking the driving test and she was told to go after the thieves. the driving testor's expression was so damn funny!
    -and of course, the ending
    Last edited by cherrie; 01-06-05 at 05:25 AM.
    cherrie

i think the idea of not confessing true feelings for the people he loves just to avoid hurting the best friend's feelings was repeated again and again in almost every series....

yeah, but this series just drags abt it too much. around 3 eps i think. and the whole last episode was pure drag. nevertheless it's still good coz i got to see more screentime of steven
    cherrie

uh huh, that's one of the reasons i watched this for so many times....

haha! so what are your favorite scenes here?
    oh, we're so lonely here susie!
    cherrie

fave scenes would be...

the one where Nnadia having her breakfast in the canteen, then she met steven's dad.....steven's dad told her alot of stufff when steve's young..
    very funny...

and there's one where Nnadia spilled out some vitagen on michael's face

i'll tell you more when i remember.....so what about yours?

yeah those are funny too did i mentioned already the part when the dress of michael's showy sister caught fire? yeah i think i already did one classic moment for me there
    cherrie

The funny scenes to me are when Nnadia took her driving test and ended up chasing after the robber.

When the guy (dunno what is his name) who works in the hotel trying to chase after Nnadia's sister (Claire) but she likes Michael. She even bought cookies for Michael claiming she baked it herself but I think this guy ended up eating them.

Touching moment is when Michael's dad admitted in the hospital and when Nnadia arrive at the hospital, he hug Nnadia and cried.

Personally, I prefer Michael with Nnadia in this series. Steve played the role that he dare not confess his liking to Nnadia becoz Michael is his best friend and boss who also likes Nnadia.

Steve's grandma is funny too.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

yeah, i think the grandma is very funny too. so hilarious whether she mentions abt feng shui and stuff and it's cute also how she calls steven, 'chiu chiu'
    cherrie