Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: A Preview of the Most Anticipated Films of 2005

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Unfortunately for us, many Chinese movies with ZZY in it that are released internationally seem to do well (either commercially and/or critically) in the States, so no other asian actor or actress has as much star power as she does now in the West.
    Strange as it sounds, when I see a film I only see the characters and the story-line and not the actors. If it's a good story, I like it. If it's a crap story I hate it.

I've seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Musa - The Warrior, and Hero... I think the stories in those films, are interesting, unique, and is what makes me like them. I wouldn't give a toss in that situation whether Zhao Wei, Cecilia Cheung, or some other god dam actress that takes up the role....

If I was an actor/actress person.. TRust me I would not watch 99.9999999% of the movies released. I got over hating actors/actresses when I was 13 years of age. NOw I can sit back an even watch Tony Leung and Andy Lau movies. People know I've bagged Andy and Tony out big time long ago...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Me Global Sapien. Quest: Take pictures of Spiderman

Quote Originally Posted by patricia n

anyhow, looking forward to mr. and mrs. smith the most...brad and jolie, talk about a vortex that sucks up this world's good looks. everyone in the audience will feel so ugly after watching this movie...
    This is the funniest comment I have seen so far!
    Your panties are on too tight.

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    If I was an actor/actress person.. TRust me I would not watch 99.9999999% of the movies released. I got over hating actors/actresses when I was 13 years of age. NOw I can sit back an even watch Tony Leung and Andy Lau movies. People know I've bagged Andy and Tony out big time long ago...
    you're definitely a bigger person than i. it must be that catty nature in me because i don't see myself ever getting over hating...i guess it's easier for me to hate actors/actresses than people i know well.
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by cheek
    This is the funniest comment I have seen so far!
    umm...thanks? unless you mean it mockingly, but oh well. that's how i feel. but despite how much i envy them, i do admire them as actors...hey, they're good looking and they can act. hopefully, they have good chemistry. despite how much i like angelina jolie, while watching the trailer for mr and mrs smith, i can't help but cringe when she delivered the line, "so who's your daddy now?" just sounded...lame rather than cool. anyhow, can't wait to watch this and be cool. in the meantime, i must find time to get to LA to watch kung fu hustler. either that or wait until it gets released in OC or SD
    if you have the time and enthusiasm, please join in on the new and fabulous wuxia rpg fic /rpg discussion. (<--- click here)

Quote Originally Posted by Long
    Strange as it sounds, when I see a film I only see the characters and the story-line and not the actors. If it's a good story, I like it. If it's a crap story I hate it.

I've seen Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon, Musa - The Warrior, and Hero... I think the stories in those films, are interesting, unique, and is what makes me like them. I wouldn't give a toss in that situation whether Zhao Wei, Cecilia Cheung, or some other god dam actress that takes up the role....

Well, when a particular actor/actress has been in a string of good movies or movies that made a splash in the box-office, it's easy to assume that this person already has star power, and has what it takes to carry a movie. On the contrary, if a particular actor/actress appears in more crap films than good ones, even I myself would be hesitant in any stuff he or she would appear in.

For example, after My Dream Gal, Warriors of Heaven and Earth, Duel, I felt that Vicky Zhao's unable to appear in a good flick, thus any future flick with her in it would be viewed by moi with apprehension. (other actresses with a crap streak, in my eyes, include Twins and Joey Yung) On the other hand, Cecilia Cheung had been solid in Lost In Time, Mr Fit and One Nite In Mongkok, thus making me easier to believe that any stuff with her in it in the future might have a better chance of being more entertaining than a movie with Vicky Zhao in it.

... of course, I paid heavily when I watched Himalaya Singh yesterday. But then, she merely had a cameo.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

Quote Originally Posted by Eliar Swiftfire
    Well, when a particular actor/actress has been in a string of good movies or movies that made a splash in the box-office, it's easy to assume that this person already has star power, and has what it takes to carry a movie. On the contrary, if a particular actor/actress appears in more crap films than good ones, even I myself would be hesitant in any stuff he or she would appear in.

For example, after My Dream Gal, Warriors of Heaven and Earth, Duel, I felt that Vicky Zhao's unable to appear in a good flick, thus any future flick with her in it would be viewed by moi with apprehension. (other actresses with a crap streak, in my eyes, include Twins and Joey Yung) On the other hand, Cecilia Cheung had been solid in Lost In Time, Mr Fit and One Nite In Mongkok, thus making me easier to believe that any stuff with her in it in the future might have a better chance of being more entertaining than a movie with Vicky Zhao in it.

... of course, I paid heavily when I watched Himalaya Singh yesterday. But then, she merely had a cameo.
    Well, I've just seen "House of Flying Daggers". And to reaffirm my point... Regardless who whoever is acting in this film, I would have still hated it...

I really hated the 'corny' and 'thin' plot. I also hated the character of "Mei" and was glad she died in the end. I only wished someone killed the character of "Jin" in the end as well.

Nothing against the actors, but this story was really poor... Very poorly done as well. When I write the review for this site, this flim is going to get a tough critical hammering... A rating of 0.5 out of 5. The lowest rating I'll ever assign to a film..

It seems that every CTHD or Hero fan (in Australia) that I know hates this HOTFD film. Need to see it for myself to see how crap it is.
    "Anything you can't say NO to is your MASTER, and you are its SLAVE."

"I disapprove of what I say, but I will defend to the death my right to say it."

Hmm....... I'm dying of boredom this weekend.... Nothing to bloody watch.....

Anyone know of any good wuxia/period films coming out in China, Hong Kong, Korea, and Japan in 2005??

Or recent good samuria, period, or wuxia films???

Had to sit through "Alexander", "Troy", and "King Arthur" in my own home theater system today, with one of my friends who hadn't seen those movies...

Was surfing the web the other night and came upon this movie called MirrorMask based on a Neil Gaiman graphic novel. Was surprised to find out that Jim Henson productions have something to do with this. If anyone likes weird dark comics you can check out the trailer at:

http://www.sonypictures.com/movies/mirrormask/

I'd like to see Batman Begins... n all Orlando Bloom's 2005 movies.. I think there's two of them.. Elizabethtown n Kindom of Heaven.
    HaRDCoRe MaN UtD Fan!!!

Elizabethtown was not very good... and neither was Kingdom of Heaven. But hey. Orlando Bloom's hot. We don't care about the movies, do we?
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.