Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Channel 8] My Lucky Charm ( 情来运转 )

Default [Channel 8] My Lucky Charm ( 情来运转 )

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/imagegallery/store/phpLLDJNF.jpg')

http://ch8.mediacorptv.com/shows/drama/view/547/1/.html

http://ch8c.mediacorptv.com/shows/dr...w/1328/1/.html

My Lucky Charm
    Every Mon-Fri, 9pm

Is love really the lucky charm for a gambling addict, a gangster wannabe and a taiji master with body odour? Starring: Huang Biren, Chew Chor Meng, Chen Hanwei, Mary Bukoh, Zheng Geping, Jeanette Aw, Michelle Chong, Allan Wu.

Debuts Jan 6, 2005 at 9pm

Lucky (Huang Biren) is the 12th generation sect leader of the Xing Yun Taiji Sect, yet she is always missing classes, putting her attentions and efforts on gambling instead. Together with her youngest aunt Ying Ying, she runs a beauty products store named Imperial Concubine above Pearl Market in Chinatown.

Right opposite Imperial Concubine is their rival store Princess, run by Chen Jinfa (Chen Hanwei) and his younger sister Lisabelle (Mary Bukoh). Even though Jinfa, also known as Fa Fa, has a sharp tongue, he actually does have a kind heart. Not willing to stand by and watch Lucky gamble her life away, he tries to help her quit the habit through various methods. The two of them have a love-hate relationship. Lucky has no wish to remarry, yet meets an eligible bachelor Tianming (Zheng Geping).

Tianming persists in courting Lucky, throwing her into a state of fluster. At the same time, Fa Fa, who has stumbled into a relationship with Ying Ying unintentionally, is starting to feel confused. It turns out he has unknowingly started to fall in love with Lucky.

Lisabelle is an ordinary girl with average looks. She fancies Luckys younger brother Fengshou (Chew Chor Meng), a handsome yet lazy young man who was jailed for being a secret society member. His girlfriend ditched him for being useless, leaving behind their 5-year-old daughter for him to take care of. Fengshou makes use of Lisabelle to take care of his temperamental little girl, and even makes her test his self-concocted beauty products. Lisabelle gets into trouble with the law as a result, but has no complaints or regrets about it.

Luckys daughter Lixiang (Jeanette Aw) has a very troubling personal problem, which is her strong body odour. This is why she gets sacked from various jobs very often and does not dare think of going out on dates. Fortunately, her good friend Meiya (Michelle Chong) works as head chef in a high-class restaurant and arranges for her to work as a kitchen helper.

The man of Lixiangs dreams is JK Ma (Allan Wu), who has carved a high profile career for himself in the United States as a chef cum author. One fateful day, Lixiang saves JK Ma from the hands of his crazed fans. Her boss decides to invite JK Ma to the restaurant to work as guest head chef. Lixiang is ecstatic. However, Meiya and JK Ma become opposing enemies. Lixiang is caught between two people she holds in high regard.

Meiya gives Lixiang an important present the money needed for an operation to remove her body odour forever. By chance, Lixiang demonstrates her Taiji martial arts by helping the police drive away a band of criminals. This brings her instant fame and young people from near and far come to join the Taiji class. Lucky decides to pass on her position of sect leader to Lixiang. With assistance from professional image consultants, Lixiang becomes the youngest and trendiest sect leader ever!

With her growing popularity, a flood of interested admirers follow. However, she still has feelings for JK Ma, who has fallen in love with Meiya. Will Lixiang forsake her friendship with Meiya for the sake of love?

Lucky has decided to accept Tianmings marriage proposal. Unfortunately, he dies of a heart attack. Lucky is thrown into a world of darkness and pain. She even comes close to ending her own life. What more can make her renew her faith in life again?
    Screencaps of the opening

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img113.exs.cx/img113/5034/mlcop015lo.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img113.exs.cx/img113/6665/mlcop028fj.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.exs.cx/img85/7443/mlcop032ey.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.exs.cx/img85/7193/mlcop040df.th.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.exs.cx/img85/62/mlcop054jn.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.exs.cx/img85/4747/mlcop063tb.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.exs.cx/img85/904/mlcop076fb.th.jpg')$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img85.exs.cx/img85/7398/mlcop081ru.th.jpg')

Ok I guess...

I didn't expect much from Chen Hanwei's character, thought it would be a ripoff from Yang Xiong in Holland V, but I watched and decided it wasn't the same. There's something different though I can't pinpoint what it is

Jeanette Aw's performance was better than her downright lousy one in Ren Wo Ao You, very satisfied with it, but her taiji seriously sucks

I might give this series a chance, if I have the time.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura

Jeanette Aw's performance was better than her downright lousy one in Ren Wo Ao You, very satisfied with it, but her taiji seriously sucks
    Do you find her character here similar to the one in The Champion?

but she have an awful arh damm awful body odur i think not many actress wanna to act this eh haha

BO. I thought she merely had an armpit odour in the first place. ^^()
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Both are pretty 'normal' girls.

I do see a few traces of Guo Jingwen here and there, but Fang Li Xiang is a much more interesting character compared to Guo Jingwen.

Another niang niang qiang character. I am frankly quite sick of the niang niang qiang characters that the scriptwriters like to come up with. Not to mention the numerous cross dressing characters in the variety shows. Ugh... gimme a break...

Quote Originally Posted by beansprouts
    Another niang niang qiang character. I am frankly quite sick of the niang niang qiang characters that the scriptwriters like to come up with. Not to mention the numerous cross dressing characters in the variety shows. Ugh... gimme a break...
    You don't seem to like most locally produced dramas at all .. I suggest you take tt break and let others enjoy this .... it's not that bad i think .. i kind of enjoy this drama actually .. helps me de stress a bit ... jeanette , hanwei, biren fans seems to enjoy ... this drama 's not perfect or great but nothing can be done unless attention is being brought up to MCS

The sissy or nerd characters are the 'in' thing nowadays.

Quote Originally Posted by summersakura
    The sissy or nerd characters are the 'in' thing nowadays.
    yeah after the HV's success of it, they'd think everyone wants to see this kind of character over and over again. But no matter how much we likes it, too much of it will still make the audience sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Just_Me
    You don't seem to like most locally produced dramas at all .. I suggest you take tt break and let others enjoy this .... it's not that bad i think .. i kind of enjoy this drama actually .. helps me de stress a bit ... jeanette , hanwei, biren fans seems to enjoy ... this drama 's not perfect or great but nothing can be done unless attention is being brought up to MCS
    You're right, I dont like most of MC's produced dramas.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    yeah after the HV's success of it, they'd think everyone wants to see this kind of character over and over again. But no matter how much we likes it, too much of it will still make the audience sick.
    For some people like us, yes, most of us here are a sensible lot, but there are people like my friend who likes 'the sissy guy'. Plus nerd guys are all the rage nowadays (in real life as well)e.g. Toro in Ren Wo Ao You and Vincent in Mighty-in laws

I am fine with nerdy characters... but not with sissified characters. Occasionally its okay, but once too often it gets kind of too much. I have sissy friends in real life... but they are never as sissy as those they portray on tv. Way too much exaggeration and over the top acting.

You're right, I dont like most of MC's produced dramas.

I hope you like next drama My Fair Lady on 7pm slot ... although not 100% MCS ..... I like Gallen Lo and Fann ..

Default Well done!

Bi ren + Han Wei = 最佳化学作用!

哈哈!加油!

Han Wei cuter than the Yang XIong 200 times!
    BUt till Star Awards... this show will go into store liao....
    ~~ KilL yOuR bOsS, bEfOre He KilLs yOu ~~

how come this thread like nobody posts ah!! haha.... i really finds FaFa very cute.. his sissy look really great!!!!!!
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

Quote Originally Posted by stArXjOey
    how come this thread like nobody posts ah!! haha.... i really finds FaFa very cute.. his sissy look really great!!!!!!
    Fafa is especially amusing whenever he shrieks.

Quote Originally Posted by Guo Xiang
    Fafa is especially amusing whenever he shrieks.
    haha..true..... he run also very funny!!!! then always fight with lucky!!!! cute lehzzzzzzz
    My idol: Jay Chou, JJ Lin, Junyang, Jae Hee, Julian Cheung, Jimmy Lin, Mike He, Kingone Wang, Raymond Lam, Tank, Hyun Bin.

lixiang looks very pretty today epi...

Quote Originally Posted by stArXjOey
    haha..true..... he run also very funny!!!! then always fight with lucky!!!! cute lehzzzzzzz
    ...he beta den yang xiong .. more lembek n cuter too... so good he's gonna attrack unwanted attention..