Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Point of No Return 《西關大少》

30 episodes is too much for this show 20 episodes would have been enough. The last ten episodes are really dragging and quite annoying to watch actually. But overall this was a good show despite the 30 episodes.
    shin chan

Hi P-Chan,

yes I am from Singapore..watching it on cable. actually watching both this and triumph in the skies at 8 and 9 pm respectively. I am missing episodes now because tv broke down....wonder what's happening to both shows since last night....

i'm oso catchin dis show on e cable channel, y is dis show borin?? i feel tt its rather nice now.... so izzit a gd or bad endin?

I too, do not recommend this series to others. You may find the beginning interesting, but later on it becomes very, very boring...and the relationship between Chilam and Charmaine was so abrupt! I mean, they were making fun of each other and just all of the sudden they were dating. A little ridiculous to me. Plus Chilam's father...his story with the secretary was boring. It's worth a try, but I'm sure you'll get bored towards episode 20 or so...

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy
    I too, do not recommend this series to others. You may find the beginning interesting, but later on it becomes very, very boring...and the relationship between Chilam and Charmaine was so abrupt! I mean, they were making fun of each other and just all of the sudden they were dating. A little ridiculous to me. Plus Chilam's father...his story with the secretary was boring. It's worth a try, but I'm sure you'll get bored towards episode 20 or so...
    actually i find it a little too boring now, i'm at episode 8, its dragging...arghhh

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy
    I kinda agree with what u say, esp the part about Chilam and Charmaine's relationship. I actually didn't watch the last 10 episodes or so cos I practically lost interest, especially after his father passed on and the writers started to create a ridiculous My-Sassy-Girl-style love story for Chilam and Charmaine. The love story between Damien and Angie is also pretty dull. The only real interesting parts are when u see Damien's character handling the business, his love life and his illness. Damien Lau is truely one fine actor.

But that said, there were many who also loved the series so I think it's still worth a try.

"We set out to change the world... ended up just changing ourselves."
    "What's wrong with that?"
    "Nothing, if you don't look at the world."

Yeah, I agree with you guys, the last half of this series really went down hill. Too focused on love and became really pointless. Julian's and Charmaine's reletionship was extremely boring and abrupt. There were a lot of loopholes. I found Charmaine's character utterly annoying. I probably only watched this series because of Julian but I really hated the ending parts were he constantly cried and moped. The only good thing about this series was the theme song and Damien Lau and Julian's performance. I wouldn't recommend this series at all, even if you are a fan of Julian's or Damien's.

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

I started watching this series. Yeah.

As usual, I will ripped the opening theme song video clips. Grab it if you like.

Point Of No Return opening theme video clip
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

I thought the themesong was ok... i got kinda bored with the series though afta abt 10 episode!

Does Charmaine gt married to Samual Chan?
    Life is what U make it...
    ...So make sure U live with no regrets...
    ...and live it to the MAXX!!!

Yes, Charmaine does marry Sammul later on in the series.

I am at the part where Chermaine makes fun of Julian to take revenge for causing her to fall out with her tang ge....this is also the episode at the dance club and she aked him to remove a splinter for her in her foot.

What episode is this? I am watching this sporodically because my tv set brokie down.

I find the 2 of them quite funny still at this point in time...does it go downhill from here?

Quote Originally Posted by strawberry
    I am at the part where Chermaine makes fun of Julian to take revenge for causing her to fall out with her tang ge....this is also the episode at the dance club and she aked him to remove a splinter for her in her foot.

What episode is this? I am watching this sporodically because my tv set brokie down.

I find the 2 of them quite funny still at this point in time...does it go downhill from here?

oh i remember this part ...this part when julian looks at charmaine as if she was like an angel or some pretty girl right....lol seem like this is the part the julian started to like her right...can't remmeber that well lol
    JIS IS MY CURRENT OBSESSION!!

SPRING DAY + WHAT HAPPENED IN BALI <33

Default theMe Song

The Theme Song by chilam is simply Nice~

Quote Originally Posted by DeZine
    The Theme Song by chilam is simply Nice~
    I second that.. and also third that....And the lyrics is very suitable with the series too.........

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLeeJianSiong
    I second that.. and also third that....And the lyrics is very suitable with the series too.........

YeA dled the song todae its called 相爱无梦....NICE!!~

kenny, so you are watching this just now?
    cherrie
    currently watching: best selling secrets (tvb), the money-maker recipe (tvb), forensic heroes 2 (tvb), super trio supreme (tvb)

this serie is ok.
    chilam acted very funny.
    一切的一切

Quote Originally Posted by cherrie
    kenny, so you are watching this just now?
    yeah, I am. I am at episode 15 nearly 16....

wow.. even tho thisw came out about a year ago.. seems like people are just watching it now.. anyways this serie is good.. buh just like people said the first half was good but as it goes on.. it kind of sucks.. but i really like the themesong that chilam sang.. well i thought the ending was alright..
    bu bu jing xin

Quote Originally Posted by raymondlam
    wow.. even tho thisw came out about a year ago.. seems like people are just watching it now.. anyways this serie is good.. buh just like people said the first half was good but as it goes on.. it kind of sucks.. but i really like the themesong that chilam sang.. well i thought the ending was alright..
    my country will only be showing it this year. I am watching it because I am renting it. If I wait for the tv station or satelite tv to show it, it would be slow.