Thread: The Aviator

Lightbulb The Aviator

Leo's new film. What, not enough said? Okay, here's a poster courtesy of empiremovies:

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.empiremovies.com/images/posters/the-aviator.jpg')

Has anyone here seen this yet? If so, what'd you think of it? It's been getting a lot of critical acclaim, but doesn't seem to be as popular as some of the other films out there right now. I haven't heard much discussion about it anyway.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

The movie is kind of werid though and long... and there are some scene very disturbing... but for me when I first saw the film, I thought Leo was too young to play the role but he grows on you as the film progress. If he doesn't get Oscar nominate I think Hollywood is very bias.

I find it interesting, my friend didn't because they thought it was boring. The thing that interest me was the life that Howard Hughes went thru. I wouldn't say he was a great man but a very interesting and a little werid at the end of his life.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Dull, too long, ended on anti-climax. Scorsese has made better films.

Leo - facial tics not amusing. Transformation from young Hughes to old not successful.

Blanchett - exaggerated acting movements.

Beckinsale - too little screen time.

All the others - huh?

Scorsese seemed more intent on just narrating the story than actually working on the character development. A lot was squashed into 3 hours, and the film ended as if Scorsese didn't know where and how to end it. The actors had no spark and could not lift the film. Some segments, especially Hughes post plane-crash, were a complete crawl.

Disappointing.
    玉木宏

blog

It's a shoo-in for Best Picture Oscar. But I'm rooting against it. It's an okay film for me, but not that good. Sideways all the way.
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

I agree with all of you. Nothing great about this movie except all these famous stars protrayed the previous classic actors & actresses. The only one that look good is Gwen Stefani. I got a feeling it will will the Best Movie in Acadamy Awards and Leonardo will win the Best Actor and I'm totally against it! I hope Johnny Depp will win the Best Actor instead.
    *A smile is contagious; be a carrier*

And WHY does Johnny Depp deserve it? Why NOT Jamie Foxx? Why NOT Don Cheadle? Why NOT Clint Eastwood? Cos' those three were less good-looking?
    Swifty, Writing
    Film and book reviews, short films, videos from a Malaysian filmmaker based in Tokyo

johnny depp's just really good at getting into a role... some of the others just aren't up to it, in my opinion. johnny has that special sort of way of making u enjoy a movie....
    History repeats itself. Historians simply repeat each other.