Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2003 《倚天屠龙记》

Question Heavenly Sword and Dragon Sabre 2003 《倚天屠龙记》

I started watching this online after reading that it was actually one of the better-liked adaptations. While watching Episode 33 I find something odd. Either I'm crazy or going colorblind, the color of her eyes seems to be light-greenish or even blue.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://webpages.charter.net/tpg0007/images/cap2.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://webpages.charter.net/tpg0007/images/cap3.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://webpages.charter.net/tpg0007/images/cap4.jpg')

Isn't she supposed to be Yuan Guo and Xiao Long Nu's descendent...or even Xiao Long Nu herself (since she learned the technique of everlasting youth). I don't think the book says anything about her having unusual-colored eyes.
    Last edited by triumph2004; 12-07-11 at 10:48 PM.
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

maybe its just the lighting? or... its there to make her look more "ghosty"?
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]

I think the girl is supposed to be a descendent of XLN and YG and somewhere along the line, there was an interracial relationship which could explain her grayish blue eyes. I don't think this is in the book or anything, but just my guess.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yea, I had questions when I saw her the first time on HSDS03' myself, I think she is kool, since she showed the real version of devil's palm the correct way, without hasting. I wish they had more of it, but she is more a ghostly figure/ spirtual at the same time.

I think her "blue eyes effect" were added by the 03' producer to make her more secretive and mysterious, to keep us guessing her background. No doubt she's the descendant of YG and XLN because the Beggars Gang's young child-leader addressed her as "Sister Yang" and her mastery of Nine Negative Claws were better than ZZR. But YG and XLU were Han Chinese. How could it be that she has blue eyes? Was her background and origin explained in Louis Chia's original novel?

if she kept her mouth shut she would have looked beautiful...but i cant stand looking at her lips, especially when she speaks.

Quote Originally Posted by Watchwacky
    I think her "blue eyes effect" were added by the 03' producer to make her more secretive and mysterious, to keep us guessing her background. No doubt she's the descendant of YG and XLN because the Beggars Gang's young child-leader addressed her as "Sister Yang" and her mastery of Nine Negative Claws were better than ZZR. But YG and XLU were Han Chinese. How could it be that she has blue eyes? Was her background and origin explained in Louis Chia's original novel?
    If that was a CG effect, it was the most realistic one out of all the effect shots from that series.

The show followed the novel on this pretty closely. The novel also only hinted that she knew or was related to YG and XLU, though perhaps more strongly. It also gave her family name as Yang, but nothing on eye color...

Does anyone know who the actress is? Maybe the VCDs have a more complete cast list, which I don't have access to. All her features look fairly Chinese to me, except for the eye color, which could still be a trick of the light I guess, though if so that didn't appear in any of the other characters in the same scene (the whole scene sort of had a ambient blue glow).
    林家有女玉啄成
    嫣然巧笑艳冠人
    纤纤起舞随风动
    疑似飞燕又重生

Quote Originally Posted by Arisa
    if she kept her mouth shut she would have looked beautiful...but i cant stand looking at her lips, especially when she speaks.
    my thoughts exactly. Why did she hafta have that horrible lisp?

In Alec's Heart 0=) Title: Alec's #1 Fan!

Quote Originally Posted by Arisa
    exactly what i was thinking.... the way she talks.... really really bugs me lol something u cant put ur fingers on.. but know its annoying lol
    Alec Su Forever!!

~Bratty Princess Rox~

[Jay Chou]~[JJ Lin]~[S.H.E]~[Jolin Cai]~[Se7en]~[DBSG]

Quote Originally Posted by luvalecsu_4evea
    exactly what i was thinking.... the way she talks.... really really bugs me lol something u cant put ur fingers on.. but know its annoying lol

It's that horrific lisp!! I dunno if she talks like that for real but even in those screencaps you can see her tongue.

yeah im curious as to y they made this "yang jiejie" wear blue contacts, maybe to make her look more mysterious cause in the hsds00 version i watched, this character didnt have any coloured contacts on and looked perfectly chinese to me. no doubt she is a descendent of yg and xln.

i think they gave the coloured contacts to the wrong character. they should have given it to xiao zhao, since shes supposed to be half persian with blue eyes. florence tan as xz however, looked perfectly chinese to me.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

I have 4 more episodes left in HSDS 2003..........I just saw this character and she has the infamous stick and she mentioned something along the lines of "one shouldn't leave the cave".

So with those two references I immediately thought of ROCH.

So she appears another time great can't wait for the showdown.
    Journey To The West

The Great Sun Wukong, the Monkey King!!!

I just finished the series and I have a couple of questions:

1)What was the last thing the mysterious woman said before she left after fighting Zhou Zhiruo..........she said something about over the hill someone's grave/tombstone.

2)Chu Er (Spidey) did she survive in th end because she had a tolerance to poisons....that was cool that she killed the elders.

3)Zhou Zhiruo towards the very end seem to be changing her ways then deceives both ZWJ an ZM after her wish to ZWJ. I thought this part was odd........what was ZZ wish and she didn't come completely clean until after this event??? I thought she learned her lesson.

Thanks!
    Journey To The West

Anyone know to the questions above........!?
    Journey To The West

I can't answer the 1st question I am in the process of rewatching this series. The 2nd answer is chu er did survive she kinda fake her death(a persumed death), by ZZ slashing her face actually saved her life because chu er consumed so much poison in the system. By ZZ slashing her face allowed the poison to flow out. The 3rd ZZ wish she didn't meet ZWJ because she went into to much trouble for him or was it that she will always love him in her heart. It could be both answers this, I watched this awhile back.

the Tombstone she is quoting is in reference to where Yang Guo and XLN lives.
    They belong to the Old Tomb Sect This is where she kinda reveals how she is related to Yang Guo and XLN.
    Check out WXFS translated comic of Tian Long Ba Bu
    Last updated: 02/04/2008

Thanks for the response!
    Journey To The West

Quote Originally Posted by PotentBlend

2)Chu Er (Spidey) did she survive in th end because she had a tolerance to poisons....that was cool that she killed the elders.
    I wasn't sure if it was Zhu Er or ZZR that killed the elders since Zhu Er is glimpsed but ZZR was also still close.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

I suggest that you see the 86 or 78 version from TVB since those are way more accurate to the novel than this version. I saw parts of this version and did not like it very much. The fighting scenes are sooooo fake.

About the mysterious girl, honestly, no one knows for sure who she really is. Everyone just assumes that she is YG and XLN's descendent. JY never told us who she really is. We just assume that she is related to YG and XLN based on the poem that she recited right before she left and the fact that her last name is Yang. However, she could just be a student or not have any biological relation to them.
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Kikyo
    Unregistered

I don't know why, but I got quite obsessive over this version of HSDS when it came out...even going as far as reading some of the actual novel. It was real waste though, because I thought this adaptation was utterly apalling. The only saving factor was Alex Su's performance...surprising since he portrayed one of the most disliked characters in the Jin Yong universe. I thought Alex's performance was very heartfelt, and instead of eliciting the usual annoyance with Wu Ji's weakness and indecision, he was able to make you feel for Wu Ji's strive for simplicity and goodness.

Indeed, the fighting scenes were an misuse and overuse of CGI. The most impressive CGI (i.e. blends harmoniously or enhances strikes and blows) is 94' HSDS.

Contrary to a fair amount of audience opinion, I quite like YPP's works. I thought her adaptation of HSDS to be insightful and an interesting difference in perspective. Many are apalled at her blatant changes to the plot, but honestly, after seeing this version of HSDS and reading the novel, I prefer YPP's 'alternate' HSDS. The thing with YPP's shows is that, although inclined towards tears, tears, and more tears, she is brave enough to delve into the psychology of characters and the philosophy behind certain actions and events. This is pretty 'deep stuff' for your common TV series and is probably one of the reasons why it receives such low acceptability. At least in YPP's version, there is a majorly satisfying resolution to his relationship with Zhao Min. In this version and in the novel, I felt that the injustice of Zhao Min being framed as a murderer and thief fizzed out into an anti-climax when it came to its resolution. Also, YPP's Zhao Min was made out to be more noble and mature in accepting the consequences of her decisions as compared to the spoilt version of Zhao Min in this HSDS.

Zhou Zhiruo towards the very end seem to be changing her ways then deceives both ZWJ an ZM after her wish to ZWJ. I thought this part was odd........what was ZZ wish and she didn't come completely clean until after this event??? I thought she learned her lesson.
    Earlier on in the story, ZM had gained 3 wishes from ZWJ. One of these wishes prevented the marriage between ZZR and ZWJ. I guess ZZR not being able to win ZWJ's love decided that a bit of power over him would be just as good, so she too decided to extract 3 wishes from ZWJ. I think the implication was that ZZR would take revenge on ZM for ruining her wedding by doing the same thing to her if she ever decided to marry ZWJ. Which is really silly because if ZM and ZWJ decided to have a private wedding, it's not as if they're going to let ZZR know about it. Further, the condition of the 'wishes' was that it couldn't be a criminal or ignoble request. Even when ZM attempted to stop ZZR and ZWJ's wedding, ZWJ was orginally quite adamant in insisting that her request was ignoble and wrong and that he wouldn't carry through with it. ZWJ only stopped the wedding because ZM used a lock of his god-father's hair to convince him. Anyway, ZWJ put himself into the mess...he shouldn't have agreed to marry ZZR in the first place.