Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROCH: Chapter 24 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    *sob* *sniff* I'm with you... Wait, what are we crying about?
    That the forum's back... Although it's already been a few days... but I'm still so happy!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    That the forum's back... Although it's already been a few days... but I'm still so happy!
    I know, silly. I was just being...silly.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Wizard

LOL, I take a lot of things seriously and I don't get sarcasm... so don't mind me!
    *hums happily to a Chinese New Year's tune*
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Anyone ever wonder what happened to Noodles?
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Anyone ever wonder what happened to Noodles?
    Hmmm I don't know. Im sure he is still around, probably busy I guess. He was long gone before I joined the forums though. I hope he stops by and say hello sometimes hehe, afterall the work he has done he needs to see that what he started has not been in vain.

Out of topic, Da Bao, you made 300+ posts in just 2 months omg!

I bet he is still here...coz he is the moderator of the wuxia translation thread...

and Da Bao shows she realli lyk these webs forums and made such progression lol...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    I bet he is still here...coz he is the moderator of the wuxia translation thread...

and Da Bao shows she realli lyk these webs forums and made such progression lol...
    Yeah... I hope he comes back soon... I wanna meet him and say "thank you".

Progress? *Looks at how many posts I've made* Woa (woa, is how I saw whoa)!! I can't believe how many posts I've made! That much already? Wow...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I still can't believe I've made that mony posts...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I still can't believe I've made that mony posts...
    Haha! I envy you, sometimes I am too lazy to post anything.

Default rayon

How's the work on chapter 25 coming?? (nag nag nag)
    Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    How's the work on chapter 25 coming?? (nag nag nag)
    Wizard
    Nonexistent.

Nonexistent.
    What? What do you mean nonexistent? *panicked* You mean no one's working on it? Nooo... lol

Soo... Speaking of which how is chapter 25 coming along?
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I'm going to try to get Xiao_Long_nu to complete rayon's translation since she's lost interest in it. rayon's got so much on the go I'm amazed she tried it.
    Wizard

Quote Originally Posted by JamesG
    I'm going to try to get Xiao_Long_nu to complete rayon's translation since she's lost interest in it. rayon's got so much on the go I'm amazed she tried it.
    Wizard
    Yeah! Let's bug her until she says yes! Just kidding! (...maybe)
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Default Chapter 25 (Paragraphs 41-47)

PREVIOUSLY: In truth, the honeybees' sting, although extremely poisonous, could nevertheless treat various illnesses. The mysterious benefits of the jade bee included cure for rheumatism and other such diseases that affected man under the heavens. However, Xiao Long Nuu together with Zhou Botong were not familiar with medicine so they did not know that the YuFeng needles can be used to combat poison with poison and the Cai Xue Zhu (Snow-Colored Spider) poison was only one of many.

Fawang was listening to Zhou Botong's scolding words from outside the cave and was startled. He thought that this man scolding him must be an immortal god that could not be killed. If he really wanted to kill him, he must do so now while he was off his guard. Otherwise, the opportunity might not present itself again.

He advanced but before he could enter the cave's entrance, he paused. When he successively used both his silver and lead wheels to see if there was a trap waiting inside, he had also lost them and so now the only weapon he had in his possession was Xiao Long Nuu's silken belt.

He called out: "Long GuNiang, I have your weapon with me!"

Then, with one shake, the silken belt unfolded and flew straight inside. His wugong had reached a level where he could wield any weapon without any problem. So although Xiao Long Nuu's silken belt was weird, he thought he could use it like one would use a whip. But its ability was unexpected and not only that, he was able to use it even from where he was standing. He was not afraid anymore that the opponent would suddenly attack him with the golden needles.

With child-like innocence, Xiao Long Nuu rose to pick up the silver and lead wheels. She struck the two together and spoke: "Good, let's exchange weapons so we can start the fight."

She stretched out her right arm but a quick pain she felt in her hand made her stop and refuse to push forward.

The lead wheel appeared small but it was actually made of very heavy metal. So when Xiao Long Nuu extended it, she was not prepared for its weight. She quickly pulled back and clutched the two wheels to her chest.

Fawang saw an advantage and quickly dashed forward, extending his hand to grab the double wheels. Xiao Long Nuu took a step back as her left hand shot up as though to release the silver wheel. But it was only a feint move because she used this chance to release several YuFeng needles in his direction.

These YuFeng needles were the same ones she had extracted from Zhou Botong's body so they were no longer as poisonous. Still, they could still be used as a weapon. Fawang was prepared, however. When he could not grab the silver wheel, he quickly leapt to the side, allowing the YuFeng needles to shoot past him, hitting nothing but empty air.

Zhou Botong laughed, saying: "Great, let the bald thief come and then you prick him in the butt with your tiny needles!"

Xiao Long Nuu said: "Ai! I've used up all my YuFeng needles!"

Dismayed, Zhou Botong scratched his head and said: "That's one annoying problem."

He had two personalities in him - one old, the other young - but he did not have the ability to balance the two, so whatever it was he thought or felt, he always said it without misgivings.

Jinlun Fawang had a scheming mind, but he was really unaware of Zhou Botong or Xiao Long Nuu's personality. Believing that no one under the heaven could outsmart him, he thought: You said that you've used up all your YuFeng needles. Why should I believe you? It's clear that you want me to believe that to entice me to lower my guard down. That old ploy is not going to work on me.

Thus, Xiao Long Nuu's frank speech instead caused Fawang to be even less daring, especially when only days ago in the cave in the hills, Yang Guo had tricked him. He did not want to suffer the same fate as Ni Moxing and be crippled in both legs. He would rather wait twelve long hours than go through that.

One hour soon turned to two hours until finally the sky showed first light.

Zhou Botong sat in a kneeling position, trying to circulate his qi in order to get rid of the poison still in his body. But the venom of the Cai Xue spiders was really strong because as he tried to move his qi, his chest suddenly tightened and he felt nauseaus. There was no spot where he did not experience any problem. He had tried circulating his qi through different paths, but each try had the same result.

Finally, he sighed defectedly and said: "Ai, Lao Wantong! You've tried it so many times it's no longer amusing!"

Fawang was peeping from outside, but since he did not wait and stay in his place for long, he did not know the problem.

He thought to himself: This is not good. The old man is trying to practice nei gong!

Upon this new development, he carefully took out a golden box from his bosom, removing the cover to reveal several crawling Cai Xue spiders inside. When exposed to the sun, the light made their variegated red and green colors brighter and even more eye-catching.

Next, Fawang took out a pair of rhinoceros horns and used it to clip the spiders in between and gently lifted them from the sticky web. Gently, he flung the Cai Xue spiders towards the mouth of the cave where it stuck. He repeated his movements and threw the rest of the venomous spiders in the small box towards the cave.

Their sticky web covered the entire cave's entrance. The spiders had been inside the small box for a very long time and they had not been fed so as soon as they were able to get out, they immediately set to work, climbing up, moving east, dropping low, and approaching west, hanging suspended, until they were able to create a network of webs in just a very short time.

--

Translator's Notes: I'll put up paragraphs 48-55 shortly since I've already started with them and then after that, I'll go on remission again.
    Last edited by rayon; 12-26-05 at 10:07 PM. Reason: grammar lapses

All good things come to those who wait! (And we waited sooo long) Thanks a big bunch rayon!
    Wizard

Wow! Rayon I thought you were very busy. Thank you thank you!

Default Chapter 25 (Paragraphs 48-55)

Xiao Long Nuu and Zhou Botong watched with interest as the spiders spun its web, yet it never occured to either one of them to stop their progress. Only when the web reached about ten feet in diameter, covering the entire mouth of the cave, and the red-green venomous spiders start to crawl around did they look troubled.

Xiao Long Nuu said softly: "What a pity I don't have any more Yufeng needles left. I could have used one to remove these nasty spiders."

Zhou Botong picked up a dried branch, intending to use it to remove the spider web when suddenly a huge butterfly came flitting near the mouth of the cave and ended up caught in the spider web. The species originated form the Kunlun Mountains so when it fell on the web, it had enough power in its body to attempt to struggle and escape. However, although the butterfly's body was huge, one touch of the spider silk and it went straight into paralysis.

Xiao Long Nuu realized this and quickly said: "Don't! The web is poisonous!"

Alarmed, Zhou Botong leapt away and hastily flung the stick to the ground.

Indeed, when Fawang released the venomous spiders, he not only intended to use it to seal the cave, but he also hoped that they would use their hands to destroy it. One touch would cause the poison to seep into the skin and enter the body.

Sitting cross-legged again, Zhou Botong watched as the spiders crowded around the butterfly and started to eat it. He thought: My internal flow is still unstable. It will be some time before I recover.

Xiao Long Nuu, on the other hand, was thinking: If he is going to remain inactive, how will Lao Wantong be able to move the poison up his body in order to remove it completely? So she asked: "How many days and nights will it take for you to recover your internal energy?"

Zhou Botong sighed and said: "I need one hundred days and one hundred evenings before I can manage."

Xiao Long Nuu was surprised to hear this so she asked: "How are we going to survive?"

Zhou Botong chuckled, saying: "Even if that bald thief gives us food to eat, being trapped in this cave for several years is not fun."

Xiao Long Nuu replied: "He'll never give us food." She let out a sigh. "If it were Gou Er with me in this cave, I wouldn't mind spending a lifetime here."

"What makes you place Yang Guo above me?" Zhou Botong said indignantly. "Is he also stronger than me? You don't think I'm good company?"

Although his words made no sense, Xiao Long Nuu did not mind it. She only gave a cool smile and said: "Yang Guo knows the Quanzhen swordplay. Together, we can easily defeat this Buddhist priest and send him running away into the wilderness."

Zhou Botong snorted: "Humph, the Quanzhen swordplay is not that difficult to understand. Even I can use it. Will Yang Guo be able to beat me?"

"When we combine combine our swords together in a technique called *Yunu Suxin swordplay, it is important that his heart is filled with love for me and my heart is filled with love for him so we become united and be able to subdue the enemy."

When Zhou Botong heard her speak about the love between a man and a woman, he was filled with apprehension. He immediately waved his hand and said again and again: "Stop, stop - I don't love you! You also can't possibly love me. But I'm telling you it's much better that there's two of us in this cave. Years ago I was trapped in a cave in Taohua Island and had no one to accompany me. I was
    forced to fight with myself the whole time. But this time, it's entirely different because I have you. It's going to be fun!"

And on such happy thought, he could imagine being in that cave for a long time.

Xiao Long Nuu asked dubiously: "Fight with oneself? Is there such a method?"

Pleased, Zhou Botong immediately launched into a discussion of the **Fen Xin Er Yong Zuo You Hu method.

Xiao Long Nuu thought to herself: If I could learn this method, then I could use the Quanzhen sword play with my left hand and the Yunu sword play with my right. With the two combined, I will be able to complete the Yunu Suxin sword play. But I'm afraid that I won't be able to learn this kung fu in just one evening.

"This kung fu is difficult to learn," she told him.

Zhou Botong replied: "If you say it's difficult, then it will really be difficult. If you say it's easy, then it will be easy. There are people who spend their entire lifetime learning yet never understand a thing while there people who only need a few days to understand it. You've heard about those two kids, Guo Jing and Huang Rong, right?"

Xiao Long Nuu nodded.

Zhou Botong continued: "Who do you think is more intelligent?"

Xiao Long Nuu answered: "Madame Guo is a thousand times more clever. Guo Er told me once that there is no one in this generation who could surpass her intelligence and wisdom. Great Hero Guo is virtuous, but his level is actually ordinary."

Zhou Botong laughed. "What do you mean "ordinary? Are you saying he's stupid? Tell me, am I intelligent? Or stupid?"

Xiao Long Nuu smiled and said: "I look at you and although you're not young, you act silly. Sometimes, you say weird things and you act a little mad."

Zhou Botong clapped his hands, saying: "Ah, you're right. I once taught this Zuo You Hu method to Brother Guo Jing and it only took him a few days to learn it. Afterwards, he tried to teach the same lesson to his wife. You said that this child, Huang Rong is sharp and clever with a mind higher than that of a seventy-eight year old man, but she could not understand this kung fu. I thought that the little idiot Guo Jing probably did not teach her properly, so Lao Wantong decided to come and teach her himself. I taught her how to draw a picture with her left hand and a circle with her right, but she could not do both together. It was then that I realized that some men may learn a method that other men would spend a lifetime learning, yet never understand. You see, intelligence is not the only measure to success."

NOTES:

*玉女素心 [yu4 nu:3 su4 xin1] - "beautiful maiden, plain heart"
    **桃花岛 [tao2 hua1 dao3] - Peach Blossom Island
    ***分心二用左右互搏 [fen1 xin1 er4 yong4 zuo3 you4 hu4] - Divide the Heart Left/Right Combination
    Last edited by rayon; 12-26-05 at 10:06 PM. Reason: Edited because I'm an idiot.

You're on a roll! Go! Go! Go!
    Wizard