Page 11 of 12 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROCH: Chapter 24 onwards

Rayon, you did a superb job in translating! Are you equally proficient in English and Mandarin?

Bravo! Encore! More please .

bubeng
    There's a friend that sticks closer than a brother.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubeng
    Rayon, you did a superb job in translating! Are you equally proficient in English and Mandarin?

Bravo! Encore! More please .

bubeng
    Neither is my first language, but I am much more comfortable with English than any other language, including my own. I am far from proficient in Mandarin. Actually, I'm quite dumb when it comes to reading Chinese.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Neither is my first language, but I am much more comfortable with English than any other language, including my own. I am far from proficient in Mandarin. Actually, I'm quite dumb when it comes to reading Chinese.
    wats ur native language?
    btw ur translation is very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    wats ur native language?
    btw ur translation is very well done.
    Binary....

LOL. Kidding. Filipino.

rayon is proficient period; but modest!
    Self depreciating as well.
    She's a 'Gem in the Rough'!
    Wizzy

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

1derfully done!!!!!!!!!!!!! XLN and ZBT r so innocent sometimes......they jus stood there and watch the spiders do there web!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Rayon!! Yay!! We love you!! Keep up the good work

(unfortunately... I'm stillon vacation so I don't have much time to type anything)
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Default Chapter 25 (Paragraphs 56-60)

Xiao Long Nuu said: "Don't tell me that when stupid people learn this kung fu, they can surpass even the smart ones. I can't believe it."

Zhou Botong grinned and said: "I look at you and see that your intelligence is more or less equal to that of young Huang Rong. Your wugong is not that far from hers either. Since you don't believe, why not try to draw a square on the ground with your left index finger and a circle with your right at the same time?"

Xiao Long Nuu followed his instructions and extended both her index fingers to the ground, making downward strokes to create the figures. However, it turned out that the square looked like a circle and the circle looked like a square.

Zhou Botong laughingly said: "See? I told you it's not easy."

Smiling faintly, Xiao Long Nuu emptied her mind before extending her index fingers again. This time, she was able to draw a perfect square and a perfect circle.

In his astonishment, Zhou Botong could only stammer: "You...you...you..." A moment passed before he could speak: "You studied this before?"

"Ah, I haven't," Xiao Long Nuu replied. "Besides, didn't you say this is difficult?"

Zhou Botong scratched the white hairs on his head and asked: "Then how did you know how to draw?"

Xiao Long Nuu said: "I don't know. I didn't think. I just held out my fingers and drew the figures."

As she said this, she wrote the three characters "lao wan tong" with her left hand and the three characters "xiao long nuu" with her right. The two hand strokes were so neatly written they looked like the ones found in books and the handwriting was also very elegant.

Delighted, Zhou Botong declared: "This shows that you learned this method even when you were still in your mother's womb! This is so much better!"

Thereupon, he taught her how to attack with her left and defend with her right, strike with her right and block with her left. It was in Taohua Island that he first learned this strange kung fu that was unmatched under the heavens so when the old man spoke, she listened.

In truth, the essence of the Zuo You Hu technique was the four characters "Fin Xin Er Yong." Often, people with high intelligence have complicated thoughts and they always rushed form one thought to another. *During the Three Kingdoms period, Cao Zi wrote the Qi Bu Shi, which depicted the turbulence of Wu Dynasty. The poem could be likened to that of a person trying to learn the Zuo You Hu kung fu technique, only that the turbulence that makes it impossible to learn occurred purely inside the person's mind.

Xiao Long Nuu's kung fu was based on suppressing all emotions and desires. Even when she was only eight or nine years old she mastered her feelings, stopping them like one would water. After she fell madly in love with Yang Guo, however, the constant pain in her heart from thinking of him caused her kung fu to gradually decline. But then, this weird technique was introduced, unexpectedly helping her to recover.

After she resumed practicing the Gumu Pai nei gong, she was actually at the same level as Lin Chaoying when she was pining over her lost love. Their mind sets were the same for the most part so they had more or less the same capacity for understanding. As soon as Zhou Botong moved his finger, she understood his meaning quickly. But it was only because Zhou Botong, Guo Jing, and Xiao Long Nuu shared the same personality - innocence of heart - that people like Huang Rong, Yang Guo, and Zhu Ziliu could not learn it.

Zhou Botong had yet to remove the poison from his body, but he continued to speak and draw with enthusiasm. Xiao Long Nuu, on the other hand, kept on nodding her head, but in her mind she was secretly trying to figure out how to use the Yunu sword play with her right hand and the Quanzhen sword play with her left. And so after several hours of playing this Chinese finger game with him, she finally grasped the idea.

"I understand completely," she spoke.

To test it out, she moved her hands, making circular and thrusting motions with it.

Zhou Botong's jaw dropped. He could only shout: "Strange! Strange!"

TRANSLATOR'S NOTES:

*I don't know my Chinese history so it was real tough translating that part that talked about the Three Kingdoms period. Actually, I'm not even sure if I have it right. All I know is that Cao Cao had a son named Cao Zhi (or Cao Zi?) who was a poet of sorts and he supposedly wrote this famous poem (Qi Bu Shi or Seven Step Verse), of which I know nothing about.

You really can be a sweetie!

Wizzy

keep it up folks
    TaZzY InC

Wow!!!! Thanks Rayon!!!

Oh Yes!!! That's great! Thanks, pal.
    The stagnant chapter is being continued.

JamesG : After you have done your editing could you help Jin_Yong_Fan with Chap 34 so that Foxs can concentrate on Chap 36? I'm hoping the whole RoCH can be completely translated before CNY 2006.

If Jin_Yong_Fan will send me a PM, we can exchange e-mail addresses and arrange something.
    I'm still fighting my way thru Noodles' translations!
    Wizard
    Last edited by JamesG; 12-29-05 at 04:04 PM.

Default Chapter 25 (Paragraphs 61-70)

Guarding the cave outside, Fawang and Zhao Zhijing heard the two of them muttering and laughing with each other so they pressed their ears closer but they could only hear snatches of their conversation, not enough to make the meaning clear.

Xiao Long Nuu raised her head at that moment and saw them eavesdropping. She straightened and said, "We're getting out of here!"

Zhou Botong looked at her blankly, asking: "How exactly?"

"If we go out and catch that bald thief, we can force him to give you the antidote," Xiao Long Nuu replied.

Zhou Botong stroked his beard, saying, "You think you can beat him?"

As they spoke, they suddenly heard a buzzing sound. A honeybee got stuck to the spider web and tried to struggle. Earlier when the big butterfly touched the spider's silk, it immediately went into paralysis. This honeybee was small in size, but it seemed unafraid of the poison of the Cai Xue spiders and even succeeded in splitting the web open.

The venomous spiders zealously eyed it fom the side, but dared not to go forward and tangle it within their silk. After a long while, the honeybee would not be able to keep itself conscious and only then would the venomous spiders attack it.

In the Ancient Tomb, Xiao Long Nuu kept swarms of jade bees as pets together with honeybees all year long so no doubt her technique of controlling bees was vey good. Moreover, she regarded all bees as a friend. When this honeybee was in trouble, she could not stand it.

Suddenly changing her mind, she said: "Although these venomous spiders are evil-looking, my bees won't necessarily be afraid of them."

She then took out the jade bottle from her bosom, opened the lid, and used her right hand to fan the air around it, allowing the fragrant aroma to spread and penetrate through the thick spider web.

Surprised, Zhou Botong asked: "What are you doing?"

"Do you want to see an amusing trick?" Xiao Long Nuu asked.

Zhou Botong was delighted, saying: "Wonderful!" Then, asked: "What trick is that?"

Xiao Long Nuu only smiled, not responding as she continued moving her palm.

This was the season where the wild flowers in the valley were in full bloom. Whereever the sweet scent of honey could be smelled, the numerous wild bees gathering honey rushed in that direction. When the wild bees rushed inside the cave, they got tangled in the spider web, and immediately began to struggle. Some died after being biten by the venomous spiders while others were able to sting a few spiders. Although the Cai Xue spiders were considered among the world's most poisonous, too much bee venom in their bodies caused them to become stiff and gradually die.

Zhou Botong was ecstatic as he looked on while, outside the cave, Jinlun Fawang and Zhao Zhijing watched in helpless astonishment.

In the meantime, the Cai Xue spiders still had the upper hand. Only three poisonous spiders were dead while about forty or so honeybees were killed violently. However, the wild bees continued to swarm. At first, there were only thirty of them, but fifty more came and got caught in the web. Afterwards, dozens more of them came, numbering up to a hundred so that the spider web covering the mouth of the cave soon began to fill up, stinging the venomous spiders until they died.

Zhao Zhijing had experienced firsthand the honeybee's sting. Seeing them now with his own eyes, he realized the circumstance was grave. Hastily, he dives into the bushes to avoid them.

Fawang, on the other hand, knew that the Cai Xue spiders were rare. If they are annihilated, there would be none who could their job. Therefore, he and the venomous spiders share a common hatred against this swarm of wild bees. However, he did not know that it was Xiao Long Nuu who summoned them. All he thought about was how to force Zhou Botong and Xiao Long Nuu out of the cave with their lives.

Young Xiao Long Nuu dipped a finger into the jade bottle and shot some honey towards Fawang, hitting him on both sides. He howled into the cave's entrance as several wild bees made an about-face and headed towards him.

Fawang was panic-stricken as he realized the dire situation he was in. He dashed forward quickly. Although the wild bees were fast, his lightness kungfu was faster so within moments, he was already ten or so feet away.

His figure appeared like a wisp of black smoke, rushing further and further away. Failing to catch up, the wild bees merely scattered around.

Xiao Long Nuu stamped her foot again and again, saying repeatedly: "What a pity! What a pity!"

Zhou Botong asked: "What a pity?"

"He ran away before I could snatch the antiidote from him," Xiao Long Nuu replied.

Indeed, she planned to summon the honeybees so they could cover Fawang's flank, effectively trapping him within a sphere. However, these wild bees came from different nests and therefore came from different directions. Unlike the tamed jade bees of the Ancient Tomb, when she wanted them to pursue, sting the enemy, return, outflank him, or make a circle like in a battle formation, the wild bees were helpless.

Zhou Botong, however, was full of admiration. He was the sort who liked games and when he played, his spirit usually improved. So when he clapped his hands with enthusiasm, he forgot all about the poison still in his body.

--
    At the rate all the other translators are going, I finally came to the conclusion that my translation speed is kinda embarassing. LOL.

It's quite alright. You're about 45% done.
    I don't know about the rest but I'm quite patient.

Thanks anyway.
    Last edited by IcyFox; 01-02-06 at 10:56 AM.

another update...... for Rayon..

At the rate all the other translators are going, I finally came to the conclusion that my translation speed is kinda embarassing. LOL.
    Impulse Power may not be as fast as Warp Drive, but none-the-less it is moving along!
    Thanks and keep it up.
    Wizzy

Yeah!! Keep up the good work. Ah! I have to go!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Notice:

It's been some time since Chap 25 was last updated. Foxs and I have decided to help translate the rest of the chapter. Anyone who oposes this please inform us. Rayon, if you'd like to work with us please send Foxs or me a PM.

Thanks.

That's okay. Go right ahead. I'm too busy. Work and school and other crazy stuff I do to make my life a living hell are all finally catching up with me. So yeah, translating is out of the question.