Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROCH: Chapter 24 onwards

Sorry to go all moddy on you guys but file sharing is not tolerated at this site. All posts related to file sharing will be deleted/edited.
    I'm worse at what I do best
    And for this gift I feel blessed

Winton(In the middle of nowere), Australia

Thanks noodles, the wait was well worth it

Is there in the wuxia fiction section a thread about ROCH anime? I would like some info like when it will be released , how many episodes etc? I couldn't find a thread ... I am indirectly asking here tough. Well if someone has seen the thread put here please.

thankfuly.

uhm..i think no such thread exists...anyway to answer your question, the ROCH anime has already been released for quite some time now, 2001 i think, there's a season 2 but i think no official announcement about its release date has been given yet

here's a review of the anime series
    http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=326
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around

Quote Originally Posted by Chon-Ji
    uhm..i think no such thread exists...anyway to answer your question, the ROCH anime has already been released for quite some time now, 2001 i think, there's a season 2 but i think no official announcement about its release date has been given yet

here's a review of the anime series
    http://www.spcnet.tv/reviews/review.php?rID=326
    Thankz. I actally was talking about the 2nd season, I forgot to put. So no official announcement was made... just have to wait....
    thankz again.

Thank you so much Noodles You made a lot of people very happy!

Season 2 also ended already (I think), Crossfades released the first ep not long ago but for a anime the "looks" and sounds are kinda sucky...

http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb...anime&aid=2907

Quote Originally Posted by Strunf
    Season 2 also ended already (I think), Crossfades released the first ep not long ago but for a anime the "looks" and sounds are kinda sucky...

http://anidb.ath.cx/perl-bin/animedb...anime&aid=2907
    well, I'm going for it. Didn't it have any improvement? The first season was a bit desappointing in the looks, though i liked the sound at least the opennig/ending theme.

thankz,
    sorry for grammar errors.

Heh...well, season 2 of condor hero doesn't look much better than
    season 1. I stopped season 1 at episode 3 cuz i didn't like the animation
    or the general feel of the anime.

Watching episode 27 right now. ( I believe its season 2)
    There is no improvement in animation. Can't say anything about the
    music though as i'm watching the hong kong version.
    The theme song sounds like Andy Lau singing....not sure though.

I can say that i won't be bothering with the rest of the anime series.

Season 2 is out. I saw the VCD version of it at YesAsia.com. But the full season 2 is not available yet. They (YesAsia) only have eps 27-38 and it's dubbed in Cantonese. I read somewhere there are no English subs available since the first season wasn't really as popular as producers had hoped. The animation is pretty sucky, I must admit. And the plot is poor compared to the original. But that's usually what you get with adaptations. I liked it though. It was what first introduced me to wuxia literature.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Well, I personally like the first season. And alot.

While the story doesn't follow the books too closely, it is still quite kewl. The animation is poor indeed, but the character design is marvellous. I've seen a good share of animes in these last couple of years and that is one of my favourites in that aspect (chara design, that is). Xiao Long Nuu is the kewlest-lookin' female character I've seen so far (in terms of personality Penejue Spoorh from Seikai no Monsho is the kewlest .

It was a very kewl anime... not the best, but quite good.

almost EVERYTHING about the anime sux! I have all of the first season, and the only good thing about it is it follows the story kinda close (kinda). Big problem - Northern Beggar has all his fingers! Another problem - XLN is suppose to be pure white. BIGGEST PROBLEM - YG SLAPS XLN O_O SO UNTHINKABLE. Guess this is what happens when low budjet jap anim studios get to work.

What would I have preffered? Something that matches the novel almost (yes, willing to sacrifice some discrepancies) verbatim, with character designs done by Keiko Nobumoto/Toshihiro Kawamoto (better known for Cowboy Bebop, but also for Wolf's rain which would work better cause it doesnt have the jap big eye on girls). Having a big studio work on it woulda been nice too - like BONES.

Why shoulda this animation still be watched? Cause its a better adaptation then that horific singaporean ( or was it taiwan?) live adapatation.

OH! TIME TO WHINE ABOUT VOLUME 25 d_b
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

Whine....Whine...

A bit more Whiiiiiiiineeeee!!!!

"Oh where art thou my Chapter 25!!!!"

Noooooodlllllllllleeeeesssssss!!!!

hehe

HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!! I WISH YOU ALL THE GOOD STUFF NOODLES - now can we get our next installment of ROCH in the red envelope
    "If I have to worry about the ants I crush beneath my feet, I couldn't even walk around."

Hi. I'm new here. I like to give Noodles a thumb-up for the good job he's been doing. Keep it up! Btw, I kinda curious as to how many adaptions/versions there are out there on ROCH (including novels, tv series and comics). And I notice in the previous threads that there's 2 versions of ROCH. What's the main difference between them??
    *.*

No idea about the novels and comics. As far as I know, there are no english adaptations for any of those T-T (somone should start scanslating the comics!).

As for live TV sereies adapations I believe there are 4: 2 from Hong Kong (Andy Lau '83 version is my fav), 1 horrible one from Singapore (or was it Taiwan?), and the newest 1 from Mainland.

There's also 1 animation out done in Japan (commented on this one already).

I believe there are RPG's out there too. There's a link to screenshots of it from at the end of the main thread (where volumes 1-23 are - and man, that is what I think of when i read about XLN too ^^).

Biggest difference between the two ROCH adaps from HK? '83 version had a better lookin YG and they actually had a kid play the kid version of YG. Also, Zhou Botong in the '83 version was cooler too. '94 version had a better lookin XLN (Yes, Carmen Lee is hot - too bad she can't act T-T) and supposedly, followed the novel closer - hard to believe though since they totaly dramatized a non-existing crush that GF had on YG. Oh, the character "Poison of the West" is so much better portrayed in the '94 version. Same actor for the "Northern Begger" in both, but in the new one he seems to have done a better job acting.
    Last edited by NINJ4; 02-17-05 at 04:37 PM.

Tony Wong is doing a comic version of RoCH. It is being published in the US thorugh ComicsOne under the name "the Legendary Couple."

I am afraid I don't know anything about it in HK- Even the name might be different, there.

There is also a version of HSDS that is being put out as a comic, this time by Ma Wing-Shing (a favorite artist of mine for years...) Again, in the US it is published by ComicsOne.

Finding them can be difficult, though...

just order from the site

Sorry but correct me if I'm wrong. Isn't the HK one with Carmen Lee and Loius Koo the '95 one instead of '94? Cos at the moment, it's showing on Astro TV. this was my 1st ROCH version which I watched ages ago. Still can recall some parts of it. After this, I read the comic by Asiapac. It's is English though. Earlier back, I noticed someone mentioning it. Just wanna ask those who have read that comic, what version is that suppose to be and how accurate is it to the original version?
    *.*

Hi, I'm new here, although I've been reading this forum for 2 months now... takes a while to read all the translations here.

The one's showing on Astro TV (Malaysian) now is the '95 version with Louis Koo and Carmen Lee. I think it's not as good as the '83 version with Andy Lau. But what I like about '95 are:
    1) Closer to the novel (in comparison to '83)
    2) Having the same supporting actors for LOCH '94.
    3) Astro showing both of them back-to-back (TLBB's next) so the characters are consistent - the same H7G, AYF, WYS, ZBT etc...

Stuffs I hate about '95:
    1) Louis Koo as young YG - the way he tried to act a small kid was ridiculous
    2) No crocs in the Loveless Valley dungeon??
    3) Fighting scenes were way too short. Eg: YG and XLN's maiden fight with JLFW and gang did not show much lightness kungfu that was characteristic of Tomb's Sect.
    4) HR didn't look half as intelligent as she's supposed to be.
    5) WYS's flute-play actually has bass and vocal to it when he subdued LMC the first time!!