Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROCH: Chapter 24 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Chon-Ji
    Rayon-sama arigato gozaimasu

This site is perfect, it has all the translations even up to 31 all neatly organized, wahooooo,

thanks so much
    Except chapter 25. This is the missing chapter.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

i see, so we're still stuck with what NINJ4 gave us, oh well....
    Every passing minute is a chance to turn it all around

i see, so we're still stuck with what NINJ4 gave us, oh well....
    Well, actually I'm working on Chapter 25 right now since Bee is kinda busy with....uhm...stuffs.

@Bangs
    did you get my PM? so will you be sending me those archived ROCH translations
    Uh yah, i just finished sending it. Chek ur mail sorry I didn't notice it earlier.

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    Its really disappointing how little the effort they gave in making the anime for ROCH. Its almost a slap to JY himself. Although I must admit, the anime is the first thing that got me interested in reading these great novels, oh and XLN in the anime is very well designed except for the missing white robes.
    the animators in the ROCH anime are too lazy, its look like a 15fps which almost look like a stop motion to me

Quote Originally Posted by atlantean0208
    the animators in the ROCH anime are too lazy, its look like a 15fps which almost look like a stop motion to me
    My opinion as well. It looked like they just kind of gathered snapshots of each character and then flipped through them really fast to trick your eyes that they're moving. It might have worked like decades ago but with technology today, it's just not convincing enough.

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    My opinion as well. It looked like they just kind of gathered snapshots of each character and then flipped through them really fast to trick your eyes that they're moving. It might have worked like decades ago but with technology today, it's just not convincing enough.
    The animation in 1st season was not so bad. It was a bit lame SOME PARTS(some fighting parts) but not the whole anime. I heard now the anime is being produced in a chinese studio (the 1st one was in Japan), guess that's the difference. IMHO chisese studios have yet to learn how to make anime. If the 1st season was wonderful and the story very addictive the second I can only watch 'coz I love the novel being tranaslate by you people.

The diference is that much that I ended upo in this forum coz I loved the 1st season so much I searched for more in the net. The same wouldn't have happened to this season I think.

yah, that was also initially my reason why I came here, but afterwards I came to love the translations even more....but now I'm losing patience with season 2, they are desecrating JY's works with all those recycled scenes. I can understand if some sequences were re-used but no, it was like watching season 1 with a different background and to think we still have a season 3 (from crossfade fansubs) up to episode 80 what are they planning to do

anyway, I have question, in the third edition of ROCH does HR give birth to twins, named Polu and Guo Xiang? because that's what has been shown in the animated series, unlike what we've read where there's only Guo Xiang

EDIT:

@Bangs
    got the ROCH files, thanks so much!
    Last edited by Chon-Ji; 09-08-05 at 10:42 AM.

anyway, I have question, in the third edition of ROCH does HR give birth to twins, named Polu and Guo Xiang? because that's what has been shown in the animated series, unlike what we've read where there's only Guo Xiang
    read a little further, when yang guo eavesdrops on Guo Jing and Huang Rong's argument over the arm etc etc there will be a bit where she yells at him to get out stop disturbing the baby etc and it'll all be explained over narrative about the other baby. (by this time his arm is already gone and he's like, "uncle you failed to cut off Guo Fu's arm so ill do it for you")

Guo Xiang is a twin.

anyone remember which chapter did LMC found out that XLN's virginity spot is already gone?

thanks

in a place where the latitude and longitude intersect

anyone remember which chapter did LMC found out that XLN's virginity spot is already gone?

thanks
    LMC found out that XLN's lost her virginity spot???????????? i never knew that happen. i just remember LMC was checking to make sure it was still there. that was before XLN got raped by that taoist.
    The purpose of the ninja is to flip out and kill people.

Quote Originally Posted by jin_yong_fan
    LMC found out that XLN's lost her virginity spot???????????? i never knew that happen. i just remember LMC was checking to make sure it was still there. that was before XLN got raped by that taoist.
    yeah, that's also what I remember, but apprently in chap22 LMC did know that it was already gone so I thought I may have missed something

Quote Originally Posted by ROCH Chapter 22
    Yang Guo worshipped Xiao Long Nuu, how could he not be furious? He shouted, “My master is pure and chaste, don’t tarnish her name.”

Li Mo Chou said, “Pure and chaste sounds so nice, just a shame that the virginity spot on her arm has gone.”

yeah, that's also what I remember, but apprently in chap22 LMC did know that it was already gone so I thought I may have missed something
    The poor girls... (I'm refering to both LMC and XLN) LMC lost her first love... well... not "lost" excactly... but you still get what I mean... and XLN being taken advantage of then thinking it was Yang Guo... Bigh shock to find out it's one of them monks from a clan she hates so much... sad...

i haven't been here for a while, did noodles quit?

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    i haven't been here for a while, did noodles quit?
    I wish I knew...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Default Chapter 25 (Paragraphs 21-30)

Translator's Notes: I don't know what to make of the English translations of the acupoints so I just left the pinyin as is.

Chapter 25: Domestic Strife, Foreign Aggression (Nei You Wai Huan)

From Paragraph 20: Zhou Botong chuckled: "Well, it doesn't look that way. I am right between half-death and half-life...haha..."

Laughter came from outside the cave. The sound was so strong that it resembled the ear-defeaning sound of thunder rumbling.

That person spoke: "Mischievous Old Urchin, have you stolen the king's flag? In today's wager with you, who won? You or me?"

The speaker was precisely Jinlun Fawang.

Using her left hand, Xiao Long Nuu snuffed out the light. The fire went out immediately. As long as she was wearing her gold silk glove, no sharp objects or raging fires could harm her.

Zhou Botong replied: "Whether the Mischievous Old Man has lost in this game is not yet decided. But I'm afraid I've lost my life to you. Fawang, you rascal, what sort of poisonous spider is this, so evil and cruel?"

When he spoke these words, his voice sounded soft and thin. Even though he was angry, he was far too weak. Still, his voice was as deep as Fawang's rumbling laughter.

Fawang was secretly amazed. He was bitten by my Cai Xue Zhu (Snow-Colored Spider) but he didn't die. From his voice, it is clear that his internal strength is profound, not below mine. Luckily, he fell for the trap, thus removing a powerful enemy. If he doesn't die soon, he'll only suffer for a short while.

Zhou Botong added: "Young Taoist Zhao Zhijing, you worked with this man to trick me. Go quickly to Qiu Chuji and ask him to kill you!"

Outside the cave, Zhao Zhijing hid behind Fawang, fearing for his life. He thought in terror, How could I ask that of Martial Senior Qiu?

Fawang laughingly said: "Taoist Priest Zhao is very good. Once I inform our prince of his great deed, he will rever him as an honorable teacher of the Quanzhen School."

But, he thought, If Zhou Botong dies, Taoist Priest Zhao won't have a way out. From this time on, he is under my control. His level of skill is ordinary but Zhou Botong acts like a crazy person. Senior generations, like Qiu Chuji and so on, may honor him, but who would take his words seriously? How can the Quanzhen School depend on the words of the Mischievous Old Urchin?

Indignant, Zhou Botong let out a snort of contempt.

Most of the venoms in his body were gone but the cai xue zhu was extremely venomous. Its effects wouldn't vanish that easily. Just as a tiny drop of it could kill several people so could the slightest anger in Zhou Botong lead to a feeling of dizziness.

Xiao Long Nuu said: "Jinlun Fawang, you strike others, then use this kind of venom to injure another. Is that a rule of your school? Quick, give us the antidote to cure Old Gentleman Zhou!"

Seeing Zhou Botong dazed, Fawang was relieved to find that the venom was working. He thought, How could you depend on this chit of a girl against me?

He remembered what Zhao Zhijing said to him earlier in the day, that he was once defeated by her. Making up his mind to get her and show her exactly who was more powerful or stronger, he dashed into the cave, raising his left palm while his right hand moved as though to grab Xiao Long Nuu.

He said: "Here's the antidote. Take it."

Xiao Long Nuu waved her right hand and a burst of soft tinkling could be heard. A golden bell attached to a silken belt flew out, heading towards his Qi Men Xue point.

Fawang thought, If I still can't catch you today, how can I teach that Taoist priest Zhao not to laugh?

Swaying his body to avoid the golden bell, he reached into his vest to grasp two wheels, beating the two together to produce a loud sound that shook one's eardrums.

Maintaining her position, Xiao Long Nuu shifted slightly, aiming for his back where his Da Chui Xue point was. The change of moves was extremely fast; Fawang leapt back, exclaiming: "Your level of kung fu is rarely seen in women!"

The two of them fought inside the narrow passage and within the blink of an eye, they have already exchanged ten or so moves. When it came to power, Xiao Long Nuu was no match against Fawang, however, he was still worried about that day when entered the cave in the hill and pricked his foot on a Bing Po Yin Zhen (Soul Freezing Silver Needle), nearly costing him his life.

Although Xiao Long Nuu and Li Mo Chou came from the same school, Li Mo Chou was actually a level higher than her. Still, what he was worried about were the clever tricks that Li Mo Chou's master must have taught her as well. He was not only unwilling to get inside the cave and make the same mistake again, he also knew that there were poisonous spiders there. One bite from them would mean sure death for him. So although he was anxious, he was not bold enough to brave the danger.

In the darkness, one could only hear the clang of metals as the lead and silver wheels met the golden bell, the sound almost resembling music made from small gongs.

Standing afar, Zhao Zhijing listened to the sounds of the two fighting while his heart beat wildly. Although it was not his intention to kill Zhou Botong, he knew that he could not escape from the blame of his murder. In Wulin, no crime went unpunished.

If Fawang killed Xiao Long Nuu, that would be great. But what if Xiao Long Nuu won? Even if she withdrew or ran away, the news would still spread. What should he do then?

Grasping his sword, he started to pace, listening to the sound of the wheels and the golden bell grow louder as his sweat continued to stream and soak his robes.

Even though Fawang's kung fu was higher than that of Xiao Long Nuu, his weapon was shorter than hers so he could not enter the cave. Eventually he found it difficult to gain the upper hand. After six or seven moves, he still could not penetrate her defenses.

Xiao Long Nuu saw that Zhou Botong was once again motionless on the ground, close to death. Because she wanted to save him, she did not want the fight to last long.

As the two of them fought in the darkness, her better vision gave her an advantage. She saw Fawang wield his wheel to the right before slanting and smashing down to create a crack. Immediately, she moved her silken belt to the right, aiming for him while at the same time, her left hand released ten Yu Feng Zhen (Jade Bee Needles), sending them shooting in his direction.

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

wizard

To Rayon: I LOVE YOU!!! Love ya! Love ya! Love ya!!!! *GLOMPS* Oh... sorry... but THANK YOU!!! We've been waiting a LLOOOOONNNNNGGGG time for someone to translate chapter 25... Once more... THANK YOU!!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Good job Rayon-nechan! Thanks so much!