Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst 123456789101112 LastLast

Thread: ROCH: Chapter 24 onwards

Quote Originally Posted by Bangs
    No matter where they are or what they are doing now, one thing is for sure, I will always and forever be thankful and never forget their hard work. Reading this novel has been one of the most pleasurable things Ive ever done, my eternal thanks to them all.
    Same here... I don't think I'll forget their usernames. I have enjoyed reading the book so much. It's much more interesting than watching the series. I'll never forget the happiness these people brought to me. Now... I've got the add another translator to my memory.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    I'm looking for the Chinese one... and I still can't find them... but at least I have this website. I really wish there would be an occicial translation of RoCH. I think it'll be more popular than Harry Potter. Plus, I'd be able to get my cousins interested...

Every novel of Jin Yong (2nd edition, in Chinese) is online. For example at qiqi.com and many other sites. You must be a complete newbie not to know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Du Gu seeking a win
    Every novel of Jin Yong (2nd edition, in Chinese) is online. For example at qiqi.com and many other sites. You must be a complete newbie not to know that.
    I was actually talking about if there was an official english translation. You know, going throught the whole puplished thingy in. I really wish.... Sorry If I didn't make that clear or if this post also isn't clear
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I was actually talking about if there was an official english translation. You know, going throught the whole puplished thingy in. I really wish.... Sorry If I didn't make that clear or if this post also isn't clear

hahax..its ok..anyway i will post the remaing of chapter 31 tomolo..
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

NYAHHHH!!!! Xiao Long Nu Thanks!!

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    hahax..its ok..anyway i will post the remaing of chapter 31 tomolo..
    I'm going to love you for this!! I can't wait!!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Senior Member Du Gu seeking a win's Avatar

If an English translation exists it can be bought and people won't do hours and hours of unpaid work here translating.

=D Is somebody posting a translation tommorrow? Is it about when Yang Guo finds Xiao Long Nu 16 years later?!! O_O if it is.. YES!! I've been looking for that everywhere. If it's not, its still okay =) I can't wait for ROCH 05/6 to come out!!
    Watching: White Robe of Love - Ady and Dylan Forever
    Tokyo Juliet (currently addicted) Wu Zun is hot

Quote Originally Posted by pure1
    =D Is somebody posting a translation tommorrow? Is it about when Yang Guo finds Xiao Long Nu 16 years later?!! O_O if it is.. YES!! I've been looking for that everywhere. If it's not, its still okay =) I can't wait for ROCH 05/6 to come out!!

If u want it...i'll be glad to do it...i'll post it tomolo here...
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许
    What on earth is love? Love is something that makes you willing to die for your beloved

Quote Originally Posted by Xiao_Long_nu
    If u want it...i'll be glad to do it...i'll post it tomolo here...
    Please, we'd much rather see postings that are chronological. Don't jump from one chapter to another.
    "It's good to know what you don't know." - The Twit

Xiao Shiyi Lang Book 2 - plodding thru Chap 27

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Please, we'd much rather see postings that are chronological. Don't jump from one chapter to another.
    Yes, please! Keep it in chronological order! It'll be confusing to have to go back a few pages to find the next chapter(s).
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Yes, please! Keep it in chronological order! It'll be confusing to have to go back a few pages to find the next chapter(s).

okie...but some ppl loves that chapter so what should i do lol....
    问世间情是何物,直教生死相许

What should you do? The answer is simple...translate until you get to that chapter. ^_^ Then everyone is happy!

Rob

Quote Originally Posted by UltraRob
    What should you do? The answer is simple...translate until you get to that chapter. ^_^ Then everyone is happy!

Rob
    Good idea!
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Default Chapter 25 (Paragraphs 31-40)

Chapter 25: Domestic Strife, Foreign Aggression (Nei You Wai Huan)

From Paragraph 30: ...Immediately, she moved her silken belt to the right, aiming for him while at the same time, her left hand released ten YuFeng needles, sending them shooting in his direction....

With very little distance between them, the YuFeng (Jade Bee) needles shot out noiselessly so that Fawang did not realize it at once until they were only about a foot from his body. However, his wugong (martial arts) was no small matter and in the face of danger, he hurriedly turned over his wheel to block the small golden bells of the coiling silken belt, bracing himself with both feet as he did at the same time he let out a loud shout. His body rose several zhang or so, allowing the ten or so YuFeng needles to fly past the soles of his feet.

In the haste, he used a great amount of his force, raising both arms up as his body rose along with his silver and lead wheels, which were still successively blocking the small golden bells of the silken belt, sending them flying from his hands into midair.

The wheels made a "wuwu" sound while the small golden bell let out a "ding-ding" noise as both shot straight up into the sky about twenty feet from the ground.

Under the starlight, one could only see circles of gray and silver amidst the fiercely flying strip of belt above.

Xiao Long Nuu did not wait for him to fall back to the ground before she released another YuFeng needle in his way. Fawang's body was still in midair and no matter how strong his wugong was, there was no way for him to deflect it. Although the distance between them this time was big, the circumstance was actually quite dire for him.

However, when Fawang leapt he had anticipated that the enemy would certainly try to strike again so he immediately grabbed at his chest, using his external force to rip off two strips of cloth from his gown. As the gown tore into pieces, his laughter rang loud.

Just as the YuFeng needles shot towards him, he waved the strips of cloth, allowing the tiny needles to only pierce the cloth. He gave another laugh as finally both his feet touched the ground, throwing away the strips of cloth as he did. He then stretched out his hands to catch his two wheels as they fell from the air.

Twice, he was able to get away from danger, both made possible without using his wugong but his shrewd mind. At a crucial moment, he escaped not only with his life but with Xiao Long Nuu's weapons as well.

As soon as his feet fell on the ground, he rushed up to the mouth of the cave and sneered: "Long GuNiang (Miss Long), you still don't give up?"

He was afraid that Xiao Long Nuu might ambush him in the cave so he did not dare enter. However, Xiao Long Nuu did not know this so she hid herself near the entrance to the cave, silently clutching a single golden needle.

Fawang waited for a moment. Seeing nothing move, he formulated a plan. He held his two wheels in his right hand and used his left to pick up the two strips of cloth. He quickly tossed the wheels one after the other into the interior of the cave, using them to shield his feet from the poisoned needles on the ground while at the same time wielding the strips of cloth in the air, blocking his front. The two strips of cloth still bore the YuFeng needles so they actually served as virulent weapons.

He laughed and said: "The wolf's fang cudgel! Long GuNiang, why don't you test the severity of my wolf's fang?"

But before he could even finish his sentence, he suddenly felt a tug in his hand. A half section of the cloth was unexpectedly grasped by Xiao Long Nuu!

Ordinarily, she would not have so easily grabbed a wolf's fang cudgel with her bare hands but she was wearing her gold silk gloves, not even a wolf's fang could withstand it.

Taken by surprise, Fawang hurriedly applied strength to snatch it back but in between that space of an instant, Xiao Long Nuu already shot out the golden needle in her hand.

Fawang shouted in the dark, sensing the life-threatening situation. He then grabbed Zhou Botong's body which was lying on the ground and using his heel to raise him and use him as cover, following the stance of the "*Dao Cai Qi Xing Bu."

Afterwards, he hurriedly leapt out of the cave, glad to have escaped with his life. However, the life-and-death situation that he has just been through filled him with fear so that he only stopped when he was well away from the cave, gasping for breath.

Those twenty or so YuFeng needles pierced Zhou Botong's body. Xiao Long Nuu gasped, thinking that he was dead. Also, his body was lying still, only serving to increase her guilt.

But unexpectedly, Zhou Botong suddenly said: "Good pain, good pain! What in the world bit me?"

Although startled, Xiao Long Nuu was happy. She said: "Zhou Botong, you are not yet dead?"

Knowing nothing about proper addresses, she spoke his name plainly.

Zhou Botong said: "Seems like I'm passed death. Can it be that I'm alive again? I didn't know that once you're dead there is still enough life left."

Xiao Long Nuu replied: "You're not dead. That's good. That Fawang was frighteningly good. Not even once did I hit him."

She then took out an iron stone, using it to suck back the YuFeng needles from his body.

Zhou Botong scolded: "Fawang, that thieving dog, he speaks nothing but lies, taking advantage of me because I'm dying, even using me to block the tiny needles..."

Xiao Long Nuu never stopped removing the needles and he also did not stop scolding the person.

Xiao Long Nuu smiled faintly, saying: "Zhou Botong, these needles that pricked you are mine." At that moment, a sudden thought came to her, prompting her to ask: "My YuFeng needles are steeped in bee venom, does your body feel bad?"

Zhou Botong replied: "I feel very comfortable. Prick me again."

Xiao Long Nuu thought that he was joking so she took out a tiny jade bottle from her chest, saying: "This bottle of jade bee honey is the antidote to my golden needles. If you drink it, then you'll be all right."

But Zhou Botong shook his hand, saying repeatedly: "No, no! The pricks of your needles make me feel comfortable. It appears to counteract the venom of the spiders."

Xiao Long Nuu thought that Lao Wantong (Mischievous Old Urchin) was speaking nonsense again, but because he firmly refused to take it, she decided not to force him. Besides, it looked as though this strange old man's neigong (internal strength) was immeasurably deep if he was bitten by the venomous spiders and he did not die. Being hit by the YuFeng needles was no hindrance.

In truth, the honeybees' sting, although extremely poisonous, could nevertheless treat various illnesses. The mysterious benefits of the jade bee included cure for rheumatism and other such diseases that affected man under the heavens. However, Xiao Long Nuu together with Zhou Botong were not familiar with medicine so they did not know that the YuFeng needles can be used to combat poison with poison and the Cai Xue Zhu (Snow-Colored Spider) poison was only one of many.

TRANSLATOR'S NOTES:

*Dao Cai Qi Xing Bu [倒踩七星步] - Collapsing Big Dipper March (or somewhere along those lines)
    Last edited by rayon; 11-04-05 at 09:09 PM.

Whoah! The forums is back and Rayon gave an update. Weeeeee thankies!

time to

Rayon

Thanks rayon mei mei. Don't forget to send a copy to Wuxiapedia c/o [email protected]
    Wizzy... er Wizard

Yeah! Forum's back up! Woowee! But this is such a short update that I'll wait until I get the next ten paragraphs up before even thinking about forwarding it to the Wuxiapedia people. Thanx, Wizzy, Bangs.

Quote Originally Posted by rayon
    Yeah! Forum's back up! Woowee! But this is such a short update that I'll wait until I get the next ten paragraphs up before even thinking about forwarding it to the Wuxiapedia people. Thanx, Wizzy, Bangs.
    I am so happy... *cries*
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

I am so happy... *cries*
    *sob* *sniff* I'm with you... Wait, what are we crying about?