Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Horizon, Bright Moon, Sabre By GL

Default Horizon, Bright Moon, Sabre By GL

I was wondering if anybody has translated this work. Cos if there isn't, I'd like to have a go at it.

go ahead and good luck.

This is the story of Fu Hung Suet after the Black Saber story right?

In My opinion this is one of Gu Long's strongest story in term of lasting impression in the reader's mind ....

Full of action, drama, and emotion ...

From the start it is all action..... but wait until the last two chapters - that I have read so many times again and again - ... its so strong and emotional.... I will say it is not just an old martial art novel anymore,... it is a thriller comparable to these days best sellers....

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Fu Hung Suet
    [B]This is the story of Fu Hung Suet after the Black Saber story right?

-----------

Is this after or before Black Sabre...??? , this should be a story of Fu Hung Suet ... alone .....I dont remember the whole story but as far I remember Yap Kai / Yip Hoi does not appear in this story...., only Fu Hung Suet alone fighting looking for his father.... and the answer for who is his father is in the Black Sabre Story...???

Well I must read the book again....

But please go ahead with the translation, one of the best !!

thanks...

now, what I need is a beta reader...

I'm not too familliar with some of the wuxia terms in English, since I can read Chinese. I'm going for a GL novel because of this. *sheepish grin* I'll need help with this aspect.

I don't expect to have major problems with grammar, but there'd probably be some ackward sentence structures here and there, and perhaps some over-used vocabulary. I'll need help here too.

I read all my GL novels from qiqi.com; I'll be translating what I see there.

Any volunteers?

Originally posted by rifimu
    Is this after or before Black Sabre...??? , this should be a story of Fu Hung Suet ... alone .....I dont remember the whole story but as far I remember Yap Kai / Yip Hoi does not appear in this story...., only Fu Hung Suet alone fighting looking for his father.... and the answer for who is his father is in the Black Sabre Story...???
    This story takes place after the Black Sabre (BorderTown Wanderer). Fu Hung Suet is acting alone (although Yip Hoi is mentioned). But Fu Hung Suet is not looking for his father. His origin was already explained in the Black Sabre.

Default Re: Horizon, Bright Moon, Knife By GL

Originally posted by metwin1
    I was wondering if anybody has translated this work. Cos if there isn't, I'd like to have a go at it.
    I wish all the luck to you and I thank you in advance
    All that's needed to say have been said, why say anything more? The man is drunk, why stay any longer?....
    Quote Originally Posted by Question
    if CarMAN Lee hair is green, then am sure carMAN #$%@ a dog to give birth to you.

Great!!!!!
    Another Gu Long's work, this one is good
    I'm wondering is this the final story on Xiao Li Fei Dao saga?
    I mean, are there any book that are connected with him

Default Horizon Bright Moon Sabre: Prologue

Prologue

Is the horizon far away?
    Not at all!
    Man is at the horizon, how can the horizon be far away?

What colour is the bright moon?
    It is blue; and like the ocean, blue, deep and sorrowful.

Where is the bright moon?
    It is in his heart; his heart is the bright moon.

What about his sabre?
    His sabre is in his hand!
    What kind of blade is that?
    His sabre is as broad and as lonely as the horizon, as pure and sorrowful as the bright moon; even with a flash of steel, some times it is as if it is empty.

Empty?
    Empty and illusional, as if it never exists, yet present everywhere.
    But the speed of his sabre does not appear to be very swift.
    How can a sabre that is not swift be invincible under the heavens?
    This is because his sabre has gone beyond the limits of speed!

Where is he?
    He has not returned, but his heart is already broken.
    Where is the path of his return?
    The path is right in front of him.
    Cannot he see the path?
    He is not looking for it.
    So he cannot find the path?
    Perhaps not now, but he will find it sooner or later.
    Willl he find it for sure?
    Definitely!
    Last edited by metwin1; 09-02-04 at 01:00 PM.

Here's the prologue, to whet your appetites.

I'm almost done with Chapter 1. I'd really like a beta reader to vet through it first before posting. But if I don't get any volunteers, I don't suppose I have a choice but to post it as it is.

Comments, corrections, and suggestions are always appreciated.

EDIT: Thanks HuntingX for volunteering. I'll send chapter 1 to you once I'm done. Can I have one more volunteer, one that can read chinese, to perhaps give me advice regarding translation? Thanks so much.
    Last edited by metwin1; 08-24-04 at 11:27 PM.

I've always been interested in Wuxia novels.

I'm not a great guy to ask about chinese character translation, but if readability/grammar is the gig I can fill it

Send me the "beta" copy at [email protected] and I'll respond with my corrections asap.

Thanks for taking your time to translate

Default Horizon Bright Moon Sabre: Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Chapter 1: Man at the horizon

The sun is setting in the west.

Fu Hongxue stood alone under the setting sun. It was as though he were the only person in the whole world.

It was cold and barren for a thousand miles around; it seemed that even the setting sun had changed colour because of its loneliness, changed into a greyish white that was mournful and desolate.
    He felt the same.

His hand clenched a knife; a pale white fist with an ebony black knife!

Pale white and ebony black were colours close to Death! And Death was the limit of voidness and loneliness!

His eyes were lonely and empty; they could almost see death!

He was walking. He walked very slowly, but he never stopped. Even if Death was waiting for him in front, he would never stop.

His walking posture was strange and unique; the left foot would take a quick step forward, and the right foot would follow slowly. He appeared to walk with considerable difficulty. Nevertheless, he had walked countless of miles, made innumerable journeys; and he walked that entire road by himself, step by step.

When could he stop walking like this? When could he even stop walking?

He didn’t know. In fact, he had never considered it!

Now that he had got here, what lay beyond? Was Death really in front? Definitely! His eyes contained Death, his hand also gripped Death; in fact his sabre represented Death!

It was an ebony black sabre blade with an ebony black sabre handle and an ebony black sabre sheath.

His sabre may represent Death, but it was his whole life!

The sky had become even darker, but still he could make out the presence of a small town in the far distance.

He knew that was Phoenix Settlement, one of the more populous towns in the remote area. Of course he knew, because that was where the death he was searching for was to be found.

Little did he know that Phoenix Settlement was already dead!

The street was not very long or very wide, but there were still numerous stores, stalls and houses along the streets.

There were many such towns in the world, and every one of them was the same; streets with many stores, stalls and houses; and these stalls had dilapidated store fronts, cheap goods and honest merchants. In the houses lived kind and friendly people. However, Phoenix Settlement was different from these other towns. While the stores and the stalls and the houses were still present, there was nobody around.

Nobody, not one person was around.

There were doors and windows that lined both sides of the street. Some were shut, but all were broken, smashed. Thick stacks of dust covered the streets, inside and outside the houses and stores. The roofs and beams were full of spider webs. A black cat was startled by the footsteps and leaped out, but it had already lost its alertness and agility. It was panting and limping as it crawled across the street; it did not even look like a cat anymore.

Wasn’t it a well known fact that starvation could change everything?

Could it be that the cat was the sole surviving creature in this little town?

Fu Hongxue’s heart turned cold, even colder than the blade in his hand.

He was presently standing on this street, and seeing everything with his own eyes. But he could not believe, dared not believe, and would not believe.

What disaster befell this place?

How did this tragedy occur?

At the side of the street, an old signboard was squeaking in the wind. He could still make out the words beneath all that dust “Chen Family Tavern, Best Vintage In Town!”

This was originally one of the nicer looking signboards in the district, but it was now tattered and broken, just like teeth of elderly people.

But the condition of the tavern was much worse than the signboard.

Fu Hongxue stood silently, observing and waiting. As the wind died down, he strolled over to the tavern and pushed open the door. It was as though he walked into a grave that had been exhumed.

He had been here before!

Though the wine was not even good, much less vintage, at least it wasn’t vinegar. And the place had looked far from a grave.

Exactly a year ago, this place was still a busy establishment. Travellers from all over who past through Phoenix Settlement would be attracted by the signboard outside, and stopped for a drink here.
    Once wine entered empty stomachs, people became chatty. Hence, the tavern was always noisy. Noisy taverns attracted people.

The tavern was not very small, but it was always crowded. The owner of the tavern was very friendly, and a smile was always seen on his face.

But the smile had disappeared, clean tables had become table tops filled with dust; the ground was littered with broken wine bottles, the aromatic smell of wine had turned into a putrid odour which was vomit-inducing.

Laughter, chatter, wine swigging in the tavern; clanking of buckets and knifes, and oil boiling in woks behind the tavern; these sounds had all vanished. Only the creaking sounds of broken window panes swinging in wind were left; and they were oddly reminiscent to the flapping of bats’ wings in prisons.

The skies had darkened even further; it was almost pitch black.

Fu Hongxue walked slowly to a corner and sat down unhurriedly, with his back towards the door.

That was the corner he sat when he came here a year ago. But the place was presently like a grave; there was no place for any living person to hang about.

Why did he still choose to sit down? Was he reminiscing about the past? Or was he waiting?

If he was reminiscing, what could have happened that was worthy of his reminiscence?

If he was waiting, who or what was he waiting for?

Was it Death? Was it really Death?

The colour of night had finally wrapped her arms around all of the land.
    There were no lamps, candles or fire; only darkness.

He hated the darkness. However, darkness was similar to death in that they were both inescapable.

Now that darkness had arrived, what about death? He sat there without moving, his hand still clenched tightly to his sabre. Perhaps you could still see the pale hand, but certainly not the sabre, for it had melted into the darkness.

Was his sabre as inescapable as death?

The night was as silent as death. Suddenly, the wind brought the melodious strains of string instrumental music.

Under such depressing circumstances, it was as though the music came from the heavens.

His empty eyes had a strange expression after hearing this heavenly music. Many adjectives could be used to describe this expression, but joyfulness was not one of them.

The music steadily increased in volume. Amongst the raising music volume, the creaking of the wheels of a horse carriage could also be heard.

Who other than Fu Hongxue could be rushing to this God-forsaken place?

Fu Hongxue’s eyes were slowly returning to their original coldness, but the hand that was on his sabre clenched even tighter.

Could it be that he knew the person that was coming?

Could it be that he was waiting for this person?

Could it be that this person was Death himself?

What kind of music did heavenly music sound like? Nobody had ever heard how heavenly music sound like!

But if there existed a form of music which could melt one’s heart, and even one’s soul, this music would be as close to as heavenly music as it could be heard on earth. The music that Fu Hongxue was listening to would certainly qualify to be heavenly music.

But Fu Hongxue did not melt.

He sat there listening, but remained still and silent. All of a sudden, eight men dressed in black coats with colourful silk sashes tied to their waists walked into the tavern in quick steps. All of them were carrying bamboo baskets; these baskets contained peculiar items, including cloth rags and brooms.

None of them stopped to give Fu Hongxue a glance. Once in the tavern, they began to clean and tidy up the tavern. All of them worked briskly.

Not only did they work briskly, they were also worked very efficiently.

The dilapidated tavern had a miraculous make over in a very short period of time.

Every nook and cranny was cleaned up until not a speck of dust remained. Wallpaper was put up, and beads hung in front of the door frames. There were table cloths on all tables, and even a red carpet on the floor. Only the corner that Fu Hongxue was sitting at remained untouched.

Once the eight men were done cleaning up, they stood in attention near the tavern entrance. Four women who were dressed in bright colours walked into the tavern, holding bamboo baskets. They placed fresh flowers, food and wine on a table.

A row of string ensemble players strolled in, playing beautiful music.

A single drum beat could be heard amongst the music. It was already mid-night. From the window, a solitary figure could be seen dressed in white, holding a watchman’s drum. He looked like a spirit standing alone in the darkness.

Where did this night watchman come from?

Was he constantly reminding people of the coming of death?

Who was he reminding this time?

After the reverberation of the watchman drum ended, the song began:

“The road to the horizon, no path of return,

A man at the Soul-Break Point at the horizon, broken soul even before reaching the horizon……”

The song had not yet ended, but a seemingly inebriated Yan Nanfei was already walking into the tavern.

End of Chapter 1

There you go, here's Chapter 1.

I hope you all like it. Comments, criticisms, etc are very welcomed.

I was wondering though, do you all prefer more frequent but short postings, or posting only when an entire chapter has been translated even if it takes a little longer to read it?

Originally posted by metwin1
    There you go, here's Chapter 1.

I hope you all like it. Comments, criticisms, etc are very welcomed.

I was wondering though, do you all prefer more frequent but short postings, or posting only when an entire chapter has been translated even if it takes a little longer to read it?
    anything is ok! we can't be too picky tho'

thanks!

Great work, keep up the good work! It doesn't matter how you'll post it as long as there are translations.

Default Horizon Bright Moon Sabre: Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Chapter 2

Wild rose at the horizon

“The flowers have not yet wilted; the moon has not yet waned, so where doth the moon shine? Wild roses are at the horizon.”

Was Yan Nanfei truly drunk?

He sat down beside the fresh flowers, between the women, in front of a golden cup filled with wine.

The wine was an amber liquid, and the roses were brightly coloured.

The scent of the roses in his hand were intoxicating, but they were nothing compared to the wine.

He was totally inebriated, and collapsed on the laps and knees of the beautiful women that were sitting next to him.

Beautiful women were also intoxicating; they giggled like orioles, and their cheerful faces turned into beautiful shades of pink.

He was still a youth; a youth with youthful exuberance, and was not short on money. He had perfumed flowers, fine wine and beautiful women. What a happy time it was for this youth to be living.

But why did he come to this dead town to enjoy all these pleasures?

Was he here because of Fu Hongxue?

He did not even give Fu Hongxue a glance, as though this place and Fu Hongxue both did not exist.

Fu Hongxue behaved as though everybody and everything else did not exist either. There were no flowers, beautiful women, nor wine; it was as though an invisible wall separated him and the other merry makers.

He had not taken part in such merry-making activities for a very long time.

The watchman’s drum was struck once again. It was now two hours past midnight.

Yan Nanfei was still drinking and making merry. He seemed to have totally forgotten all the frustrations, sorrow and pain that existed in this world.

He was stilling holding a cup full of wine in one hand, and a stalk of wild rose on the other. A beautiful woman who was drinking with him asked, “Why do you like the wild rose?”

“Wild roses have thorns.”

“You like thorns?”

“Yes. They prick people. They prick both their hands and hearts.”

The beautiful woman’s hand and heart were pricked, and she grimaced in pain. She frowned, and shook her head, “That is not a good reason; I don’t like it.”

“You don’t like it? What would you have liked to hear then?” Yan Nanfei laughed. “Do you want to listen to another story?”

“Of course I do.”

“Once upon a time, in a place far far away, a nightingale saw a wild rose in bloom and fell in love with it. The bird was so much in love, it leaped from the branch of the shrub into a pond and drowned.”

“That story is beautiful,” the beautiful woman’s eyes had turned red, “but it is too sad.”

“You are wrong.” Yan Nanfei’s smile had become even wider, “Death is not something sorrowful. If there was pride in death, or even beauty in death, then there is nothing to fear.”

The beautiful woman stared at the wild rose that was in his hand. The wild rose appeared to be smiling too.

She stared at the rose intently for a while, and whispered, “This morning, I wanted to give you a few stalks of wild roses.

I spent a lot of time tying the flowers to my girdle.

But the girdle loosened and the flowers were fastened no longer.

They fell and scattered, some to the winds and others into the water.

The river waters flowed eastward, and the flower petals too, never to return.

River waves had become crimson red with petals, but only a light fragrance remains on my sleeve.”
    Her words were gentle and poetic; she spoke as though they were the words of a song.

She lifted her sleeves, “Please smell them. I insist you give them a sniff, so that you have something to remember me by.” Yan Nanfei looked at her sleeves and held her hand lightly.

Just at this moment, the night watchman’s drum reverberated once more. It was four hours past mid-night.

“The road to the horizon is a path of no return. Four hours past midnight is the time for the destruction of Man’s soul.”

Yan Nanfei suddenly released the hands of the beautiful woman. The music stopped abruptly.

He waved his hand and gave a short command, “Leave.”

It was like a magic spell. The ghostly night watchman had just struck his drum for the third time, and immediately after the command was issued, the previously joyful atmosphere disappeared.

The tavern had become bare, and only two people remained.

Even the beautiful woman left, though she was hurting from the pricks from the wild rose stalks. Her hands were slightly injured, but she felt more pain in her heart.

The horse carriage left, and the lands returned to their original state of deathlike loneliness.

Only one lamp remained indoors, and the weak light flickered at Yan Nanfei’s bright eyes.

He appeared to be inebriated still, but his eyes were alert.

Fu Hongxue was still sitting quietly at his corner; he was neither listening, seeing, nor moving.

But Yan Nanfei was now standing up. His sword scabbard was bright red; so was his sword hilt.

The tavern was filled with happiness a short while ago; it was suddenly filled with an air of murderous intent.

He walked forward, towards Fu Hongxue.

He may be drunk, but his sword was certainly not intoxicated.

His sword was already in his hand; a pale white hand clenched to a blood red sword scabbard.

Fu Hongxue’s hand was also clenched to his sabre; a pale white hand clenched to a ebony black sabre. His sabre never left his hand, no matter what happened.

The sabre was as black as death, and the scabbard was as red as blood; the distance between these weapons was slowly diminishing.

The distance between Fu Hongxue and Yan Nanfei was also decreasing.

The murderous air thickened even further.

Yan Nanfei was finally standing in front of Fu Hongxue. Suddenly he pulled his sword out; the light reflected from the blade of the sword was as radiant as the sun’s rays, yet as beautiful as the wild roses under sunlight.

The sword emitted a powerful aura, which extended to the Fu Hongxue’s eyebrows.

Fu Hongxue was still neither seeing, listening, nor moving.

Light rays from the sword flashed passed him. The beaded door curtain that was hanging on the door frame nearby was severed into two; the beads fell from the curtain like tear drops from a beautiful woman.

The sword rays disappeared suddenly.

The sword was still in Yan Nanfei’s hand. He raised his sword with two hands, and presented it to Fu Hongxue.

The sharpness of the sword was unparalleled under the heavens.

The sword technique that he used was also unparalleled under the heavens.

Why was he presenting such a sword to Fu Hongxue?

He came from afar, made merry and drank.

He pulled out his sword, swung it, and presented it as a gift.

Why was he doing this?

His hands were pale, and the blade of his sword also appeared to be pale under the dim light from a lamp.

Fu Hongxue’s face was even paler.

He raised his head, and looked hard at the sword that was in Yan Nanfei’s hands.

He still showed no expression, but the muscles on his face were tensing up.

Yan Nanfei was also staring at him; bright eyed, and he carried a strange expression. Was it an expression of a person that was close to the ultimate release of joy, or one of unspeakable and helpless sorrow?

Fun Hongxue raised his head further and stared into Yan Nanfei’s eyes. It was as though he was seeing Yan Nanfei for the first time.

Two pairs of eyes established contact. There was a flash of some sort, a spark; as though there was silent communication between them.

“You are here,” said Fu Hongxue, unexpectedly.

“I am here,” Yan Nanfei replied.

Fu Hongxue said, “I knew you would come.”

Yan Nanfei replied, “I would come for sure, and you knew that. If not, you would not have let me go a year ago.”

Fu Hongxue looked grave, and stared hard at the sword that was in Yan Nanfei’s hand for a long while. He slowly said, “Now a year has passed.”

Yan Nanfei said, “Exactly one full year.”

Fu Hongxue sighed, “What a long year that was.”

Yan Nanfei also sighed, “What a short year that was.”

Was the span of a year truly long or short?

Yan Nanfei gave a short burst of laughter; his laughter was laced with sarcasm, “You felt that the year had passed slowly only because you were waiting. You have been waiting for today to come.”

“What about you?” asked Fun Hongxue.

“I didn’t wait for time to pass,” answered Yan Nanfei.

He gave a faint smile and continued, “I knew that today would be the day I die, but I have never been the sort of person to wait for death to come.”

Fu Hongxue asked, “Was it because you had so many things to settle that you found the year to be too short?”

Yan Nanfei answered, “The year was certainly too short.”

Fun Hongxue asked, “Have you completed everything that you wanted to finish? Your wishes and hopes?”

The sword rays were illumining; the thin blade of the sword flashed like lightning.

The sabre seemed slower in comparison.

The sword rays had not arrived, but the sabre was already forcing the sword back.

Then the sabre was at Yan Nanfei's throat.

It was Fu Hongxue’s sabre at Yan Nanfei’s throat.

The sabre was in Fu Hongxue’s hand, and that hand was now back on the table.

Yan Nanfei stared at this ebony black sabre for a long time, and said slowly, “A year ago, I was defeated by your sabre.”

Fu Hongxue answered lightly, “Perhaps you should not have lost. But you were too young, and your sword technique was too old.”

Yan Nanfei appeared to be considering seriously what Fu Hongxue said. After a long while, he said unhurriedly, “You asked me then, if I had any unfulfilled wishes left.”

Fu Hongxue nodded, “I asked you that.”

Yan Nanfei continued, “I replied then, that though I had unfinished business, that business was my own and nobody else.”

Fu Hongxue answered, “I remember.”

“I told you then, that you could kill me anytime, but you could forget about forcing me to reveal anything if I was unwilling to do so.” Yan Nanfei said.

Fu Hongxue nodded. “And now…?”

Yan Nanfei answered, “My answer is still the same.”

Fu Hongxue asked, “You refuse to say anything still?”

Yan Nanfei answered, “You loaned me a year’s time, to let me finish my business. Now had a year has passed…”

“You came back here to die.” Fu Hongxue said.

Yan Nanfei nodded. “That is correct. I came back here to die.”

He held his sword, and spoke each word with care, “You can kill me now.”

He came here to die. He was originally from *Jiangnan; he rushed through thousands of metres of road, just to get to Phoenix Settlement in time to die…….
    * (Jiangnan, literally South of the River, refers to regions south of the Yangzi River, also known as the Long River.)

He drank his fill of wine from gold wine cups and made merry; but all these were merely forms of pre-death entertainment.

How beautiful and stately was this kind of death.

His sword was still in his hand; his sabre was still on the table.

“At this very place and this very moment a year ago, I could have killed you.” Fu Hongxue said.

Yan Nanfei said, “You let me go a year ago, was it because you were sure I would return?”

“If you did not, I would probably never have found you.” Fu Hongxue answered.

“Possibly.” Yan Nanfei agreed,

“But you came anyway,” Fu Hongxue said.

“I would have come no matter what,” Yan Nanfei replied.

“Because of this, I can give you one more year for you to complete your unfinished business.” Fu Hongxue said.

“That isn’t necessary,” Yan Nanfei answered.

“No?” Fu Hongxue questioned.

“Since I’m here, I am already mentally prepared to die.” Yan Nanfei said.

“You don’t want to live for one more year?” Fu Hongxue asked.

Yan Nanfei suddenly gave a long guffaw, “If a man living in such a world, could not help the strong and destroy the evil, think of happy or vengeful thoughts freely, he would be no better than being dead, even if he lived till a hundred years old.”

He was laughing, but one could hear his immense sorrow and anguish in his laughter.

Fun Hongxue looked at him intently, and said suddenly, “But you still have unfulfilled wishes.”

“Who said that?” Yan Nanfei retorted.

“I did. I can tell.” Fu Hongxue answered.

Yan Nanfei gave a cold laugh, “Even if I have some unfulfilled wishes, it is none of your business.”

Fu Hongxue said, “But I am…”

Yan Nanfei interrupted him, “You have never been a man of words, and I didn’t come here to talk to you.”

“You wish for a quick death?” Fu Hongxue asked.

“Yes.” The answer was short and swift.

“You would rather die than reveal your unfulfilled wishes?” Fu Hongxue asked.

“Yes,” Yan Nanfei said definitely. That word came out strong and decisive. Nothing in this world could change his mind.

The hand that Fu Hongxue was holding the knife with had veins popping out of the arm.

Once the sabre left its sheath, death would follow. Nothing in the world could stop this.

Was his sabre getting ready to leave its sheath?

Yan Nanfei presented his sword to Fu Hongxue with both hands, “I would rather die by my own sword.”

“I know,” Fu Hongxue answered.

“But you are using your sabre anyhow?” Yan Nanfei asked.

“You have some things that you refuse to do. So do I.” Fu Hongxue answered.

Yan Nanfei was silent, then spoke slowly, “After I die, would you take good care of my sword?”

Fu Hongxue said coldly, “If the sword is present, the person is present. If the person perishes, so will the sword. When you die, your sword will join you in your destruction.”

Yan Nanfei gave a deep breath out and closed his eyes. “All right, strike me down now!”

Fu Hongxue’s sabre had already left its sheath, but it had not found its mark yet. There was a deafening rattling noise, like that of a giant wheel rolling on the ground. Then, a loud explosion sounded.

The already rotting tavern door was blown apart by this explosion, and something rolled in. It was large and shiny golden sphere; the sphere was the size of the wheels on a wagon.

Fu Hongxue did not move, and neither did Yan Nanfei turn his head.

The golden sphere was rolling towards Yan Nanfei, and was about to run him over.

No man can withstand the force of such a collision. That force was not one that mere flesh and blood can stop.

Just at this very moment, Fu Hongxue swung his sabre.

The sabre flashed, and stopped moving.

All motion and noise stopped too.

The seemingly unstoppable golden sphere stopped after being tapped lightly with his sabre.

At this very moment, thirteen spears flew out of the golden sphere, towards Yan Nanfei.

Yan Nanfei did not move still, and Fu Hongxue’s sabre moved again.

Light from the sabre flashed, and the spearheads all broke and fell. The golden sphere looked as though it weighed a ton, but it had been cut into four quarters by the sabre.

The sphere was actually hollow, and the four quarters opened like those of flower petals. A small, dwarfish man was sitting on the floor amongst the four pieces of what remained of the sphere.

That sabre lopped off thirteen spear heads and hacked the golden sphere to four quarters with one slash; the speed and force of this slash was incredible and unimaginable. It was as though all the magic and energy in this world united to generate this sabre slash.

The sabre technique that was used was beyond all other sabre techniques; it was enough to destroy everything.

However, even with the destruction of the spear heads and the golden sphere, that short man was still perfectly fine and sitting on the floor. Not only was he not moving, he had no expression on his face. It was as though he was a man made of wood.

The windows and door were wrecked by the impact; some roof tiles were loosened and fell. They landed on this wooden man; the sound of ceramic tiles crashing against wood was produced.

It turned out that the man was really made of wood.

Fu Hongxue looked at him coldly. Since he remained motionless, Fu Hongxue did not make a move.

How could a wooden man move about anyway?

Unexpectedly, this one did.

He moved quickly and suddenly rocketed towards the direction of Yan Nanfei’s back. He was unarmed.

But he didn’t need any weapons, because his entire body was a weapon.

Even the most menacing weapons required a person to handle them, because weapons themselves were inanimate.

Wood Man’s weapon was totally animate.

At that very moment, a pair of hands came up from the ground and grabbed hold of Yan Nanfei’s legs.

That was totally unexpected. Now even if Yan Nanfei had wanted to avoid Wood Man’s attack, he would not have been able to move.

This attack was very well coordinated; it came from both the top and the bottom. Wood Man’s hands were already going for Yan Nanfei’s throat. The strike was close to reaching its target.

But they forgot that Yan Nanfei had a sabre close to him. That was Fu Hongxue’s sabre.

This sabre, with no parallel under the heavens, flashed once again. There were slashes on all four hands, and these wounds were bleeding. The blood oozing out was bright red.

The four hands released their intended victim, and the wooden man retreated backwards. A man totally covered with soil leaped out from the ground. He looked like a man made of mud.

Mud Man was also a dwarf.

Mud Man held his hands up, suddenly turned and said, “This is all your fault. You said that nothing could go wrong with our plan of attack.”

Wood Man replied, “Now that we have failed, we have best kill ourselves now. Returning with failure would mean death anyway.”

“How do you wish to die?” asked Mud Man.

“I am a wooden man; the best way for me to die is certainly to go up in flames,” Wood Man said.

“All right then, but you better burn yourself to ashes.” Mud Man told him.

Wood Man gave a small sigh, and lit himself up with a fire starter that was always on him.

The fire burnt very quickly. Wood Man was totally in flames in a very short while.

Mud Man stood afar to avoid the heat. Suddenly he exclaimed, “Hold on, you cannot die yet; you still have a few thousand taels of silver in paper money. They are of no use to anybody if they are burnt into ashes.”

A voice actually came out from the flames, “Come and get it yourself.”

Mud Man said, “I am afraid of the heat.”

The fire was doused immediately, and a lot of smoke was formed. The smoke was so thick, nobody could see to how badly brunt Wood Man was.

Fu Hongxue did not even glance at them. He was only concerned about one person.

Yan Nanfei appeared as though he would concern himself with nobody ever again.

The smoke was everywhere in the tavern. Slowly, the smoke diffused out though the door windows. There was a small breeze outside.

The smoke disappeared into the winds.

That little black cat that was crossing the street earlier had been hiding behind a pillar some distance away.

A small wisp of smoke was blown towards the direction of this cat. It stiffened and collapsed; its leg muscles were still twitching.

It had been through the horrors of the destruction of its home, and had survived serious malnutrition due to starvation and thirst. However, this small wisp of smoke killed it in the twinkle of an eye.

At this moment, Fu Hongxue and Yan Nanfei were standing in the smoke-filled tavern.
    Last edited by metwin1; 09-22-04 at 04:37 PM.

Wow. The story is getting more interesting. I wonder what's going to happen in the next chapter.

kewl banana!!!! yes!!!

question: how many chapter?

thanks for the effort, much appreciated.

I love the translators
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Default Magic Blade!

just adding a nudge to encourage the translator to continue. Good work; more please!

Quote Originally Posted by dchute
    just adding a nudge to encourage the translator to continue. Good work; more please!
    Yes please do continue translating.