Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Quote Originally Posted by Ainidewo
    I agree with you that George, the Pharmacist is just as creepy as Paul. I hope what he put in Rex's medication wasn't poison. Especially now he seems to be trying really hard to make his marriage work. Rex just shouldn't have insulted George right before receiving his prescription in the first place!

Gabrielle is her name. Actually I was very amused!! You're not supposed to propose to someone addressing her "Mrs."!!~~~
    Hahah yeah I was "you idiot, stop calling her Mrs. Elise"! Do you know the actor's name? He used to be in Passions but I guess he's no longer there? Because in the heart-wretching episodes of Passions, I haven't seen him for a long time. Btw, I hate Passions but somehow I just have to see what happens. sTupid show.

Yeah, I don't want Rex to die, if whatever medicine is poisonous or if he ODs on the medicine. Yup, it was stupid to have insulted him before he got the medication.

I really want to know what happen to Dana, Paul and Mary Alice's husband.
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Hahah yeah I was "you idiot, stop calling her Mrs. Elise"! Do you know the actor's name? He used to be in Passions but I guess he's no longer there? Because in the heart-wretching episodes of Passions, I haven't seen him for a long time. Btw, I hate Passions but somehow I just have to see what happens. sTupid show.
    I think his name is Jesse Metcalfe (sp), he's around 26 in real life, like in Passions he's already got a daughter, right? He's doing a wonderful job playing the role of the teenage gardener in DH, hope that they won't write him off the show after Gabby broke up with him! You like him better or Mike?

I really want to know what happen to Dana, Paul and Mary Alice's husband.
    Hey! I found these SPOILERS from a website, quoted directly here:
    Edie has a young son who lives with his dad.
    Susan learns a surprising fact about Mike the "plumber".
    Bree discovers something new about Rex.
    Lynette's cranky neighbor accuses her boys of stealing.
    Gabby becomes a mattress model.
    A Housewife is selling drugs to highschool kids, gets busted, and her husband files for divorce!!
    There is a lice outbreak on Wisteria lane.
    A big, big shocker involving 2 people in a pool.
    Someone is gay, but NOT Tom!!

Aaaahh, I'm having too many questions here! Who's selling drugs? Who's gay ?? You think it might be Paul??
    Last edited by Ainidewo; 01-30-05 at 12:42 PM.

It just went premier last nite here at OZ on Ch 7. I quite like the story and probably will watch it regularly. I thought it will be like Sex in the City type of story.

Does this show seems more appeal for female than male? cause a friend of mine said this is a girl flick... hm..
    Spring Summer Autumn Winter.
    Pair ducks nest fly together.
    Clemencies. Summer life, feather winter white.
    Green meadow in spring, before the autumn bite.
    Watching the red gown.
    And none else, alone.

Talking

I think his name is Jesse Metcalfe (sp), he's around 26 in real life, like in Passions he's already got a daughter, right? He's doing a wonderful job playing the role of the teenage gardener in DH, hope that they won't write him off the show after Gabby broke up with him! You like him better or Mike?

Hey! I found these SPOILERS from a website, quoted directly here:
    Edie has a young son who lives with his dad.
    Susan learns a surprising fact about Mike the "plumber".
    Bree discovers something new about Rex.
    Lynette's cranky neighbor accuses her boys of stealing.
    Gabby becomes a mattress model.
    A Housewife is selling drugs to highschool kids, gets busted, and her husband files for divorce!!
    There is a lice outbreak on Wisteria lane.
    A big, big shocker involving 2 people in a pool.
    Someone is gay, but NOT Tom!!

Aaaahh, I'm having too many questions here! Who's selling drugs? Who's gay ?? You think it might be Paul??

Dah....I was watching this hallmark movie on Channel 9 and totally forgot Desperate Housewives were on at 10pm! Yikes! I only caught the last few minutes....where Gabby and her husband is taking care of the mother-in-law whose beaten up I think? And Paul's Dad going psycho killer and supposely killed that annoying neighbor lady. Bree reading a bible and looking at her son, Lynette sleeping and I think that's Mary Alice? I've never seen the first episode myself so I'm just guessing here.

Can you give me a full episode summary of what happened? I told myself I wasn't going to miss it but i missed it. Damn!

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I've only seen one episode it just started airing in Australia. I like it. The show is quite refreshing, its got got ideas that are interesting and haven't been seen before. I think I will keep watching it.

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore
    It just went premier last nite here at OZ on Ch 7. I quite like the story and probably will watch it regularly. I thought it will be like Sex in the City type of story.
    This news is directly quoted from Bloomberg.com:
    "Seven Leads Viewer Ratings With `Desperate Housewives' Debut
    Feb. 1 (Bloomberg) -- Seven Network Ltd., Australia's second- ranking television broadcaster, said the debut of its U.S. drama ``Desperate Housewives'' led ratings last night, boosting optimism its viewer numbers will recover in 2005.

About 2.48 million people, or every tenth Australian, tuned in to ``Desperate Housewives,'' giving Seven a 52 percent market share, the Sydney-based company said in an e-mailed statement today. Among viewers aged 16 to 39, the main audience of rival Ten Network Holdings Ltd., about 59 percent watched the show.

Chief Executive David Leckie is seeking to boost ratings with U.S. dramas and locally produced shows such as ``Dancing with the Stars'' after the company lost viewers to Ten and Publishing & Broadcasting Ltd.'s Nine Network, making it the nation's worst-performing broadcaster last year. "

Australia has such a small population~~~

Quote Originally Posted by eeyore
    Does this show seems more appeal for female than male? cause a friend of mine said this is a girl flick... hm..
    This is definitely not a chick show~~~If you can read Chinese, here's a good place to visit : http://sfile.ydy.com/bbs/index.php It has a DH forum and quite a few male fans there.....

Can you give me a full episode summary of what happened? I told myself I wasn't going to miss it but i missed it. Damn!
    hehe~~~I know exactly how you feel, I do this kind of things all the time Don't know whether we should keep on more plot-related discussion here since people from Australia just start watching their 1st episode. But you could visit here: http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/ and they will tell you everything you want to know ~~~~

hehe~~~I know exactly how you feel, I do this kind of things all the time Don't know whether we should keep on more plot-related discussion here since people from Australia just start watching their 1st episode. But you could visit here: http://abc.go.com/primetime/desperate/ and they will tell you everything you want to know ~~~~
    Thanks Ainidewo. Now that I've read your name properly. Haha your name is My lover? You username is so closed together didn't know what it was now that I take a better look I know now what it says. HAhahahah I'm getting old and senile.

Oooh! On Saturday They're going to replay two episodes of Desperate Wives...if I'm lucky, I'll get to watch it all and watch the one on Sunday. I hope I don't have to go anywhere.

You know James Denton is going to be on Reba and they kiss. Haha lucky Reba! I'm beginning to see why Susan think's he's hot.

Wow.. I'm... so late..
    Anyways.. I just uh.. bought the DVD.. but I'm until Disc 6 already XD..
    Just can't stop till.. my mum says "The TV is gonna burst" Anyways.. this is a good series Alot of funny moments, and at the same time, funny as well.

One thing though.. I can't believe Bree's son is so.. wicked. She is after all, his mother.. how could he say that he would "destroy" her when the time comes?

Smile

hahahaha... i was looking for my post here & i realized i was working the other night & got busy & never hit the reply button. tisk tisk.

anyways... i think in the last episode was it... i dont remember. but like Bree's boy was telling his boyfriend how his mom doesn't believe in homosexuality & that she wouldn't love him because he was going to hell for his sin. so he rather stop loving her now before she stops loving him.

the boogar is indeed evil, but i can put myself in his shoes & have some sympathy for him. the punk lost his dad & justr down to his mom. i'm sure deep inside he loves his mommy, & because he loves his mommy so much he's afraid that she might not love him so he's doing all of his to hurt her cuz he's afraid of getting hurt himself.

I agree, he's just protecting himself from being hurt. I still think thats selfish though. If you know she doesn't accept it, then don't do PDA. I am so glad that freak that was after Bree is finally dead.

You know out of all the women on the show, the person I hate most is Susan Meyers (Teri Hatcher), she is so whiney, she gets herself in the trouble and can't get herself out of it. Even her daughter has more wits and brains and responsibility than her. IT's her own fault for sending Zach away to Utah, and thus ruining her relationship with Mike. I think she's so annoying, I can't stand watching her.

The one I admire is Bree and Lynette, they are so good at scheming and manipulating people to get what they want. They get back at people so well, it's like "Wow she's goooood." You know, Lynette is so talented...I mean she can look like a regular mom but she can also be a hot chick at the bar. I'm surprised at her many faces.

I like watching Gabilella and her husband Carlos, that couple is so funny when they fight or tease each other.

he's just a kid, so i guess thats why he's so selfish. i mean he's not thinking straight & he's hurting Bree awhole lot. i think deep down inside he truly loves his mother. i mean remember the pharmasist? the dude tackled the guy down when he saw the freako kissed his mom. but anyways, you know how love is, there's a thin line between love & hate.

OMG I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!! i think teri hatcher is a good actor, but her role is so annoying. i mean the thing with her & what's his name. SHE did it to herself. I mean the kid was HIS boy & she gave the kid money to go off. i mean, he's just a boy, that was so stupid of her! & then the thing about her finding her father. OMG!!! does she have thick skin or what? the old man cleary said he doesn't want to have anything to do with her. MAN!!! some people JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!

did you see the latest 1? where gabrielle kissed lynette's hubby & at the end lynette kissed gabrielle's hubby?!?! it was SO funny, & then carlos asked lynette if she was interested in having an affair with him. OMG! i wonder what's going to happen now that carlos has an eye on lynette. hahahahahaha....

Quote Originally Posted by misao ohgami
    he's just a kid, so i guess thats why he's so selfish. i mean he's not thinking straight & he's hurting Bree awhole lot. i think deep down inside he truly loves his mother. i mean remember the pharmasist? the dude tackled the guy down when he saw the freako kissed his mom. but anyways, you know how love is, there's a thin line between love & hate.

OMG I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!!! i think teri hatcher is a good actor, but her role is so annoying. i mean the thing with her & what's his name. SHE did it to herself. I mean the kid was HIS boy & she gave the kid money to go off. i mean, he's just a boy, that was so stupid of her! & then the thing about her finding her father. OMG!!! does she have thick skin or what? the old man cleary said he doesn't want to have anything to do with her. MAN!!! some people JUST DON'T GET IT!!!!

did you see the latest 1? where gabrielle kissed lynette's hubby & at the end lynette kissed gabrielle's hubby?!?! it was SO funny, & then carlos asked lynette if she was interested in having an affair with him. OMG! i wonder what's going to happen now that carlos has an eye on lynette. hahahahahaha....
    OH YEAH! I've seen it. I was like OMG! That was some hot kiss! Hahaha I was like damnnnnnnnnnnn that is no innocent kiss. That's a get your freak on type of kiss. SO FUNNY. Gabby is like umm i'm fine...and then they turn the heat on and she's like umm uhh okay i get it...hahaha

AT the end you know the guy that Bree calls in to scare her son, who was that guy? I know he's an old friend of Rex but he looks awfully like Susan's ex-husband and kinda like Paul Young. I get confused cuz some people lookalike.

So who's your favorite desperate housewife?

DUDE, i mean the kiss that gabrielle gave didn't have that much tongue. no wonder why carlos was interested. he doesn't want an unexperience nun, he wants an experienced woman.

the guy that bree wanted to be her lawyer was susan's ex husband, remember. he was the boogar that ends up staying with dee-dee. at 1st i got him confused too, cuz him & paul look kinda similar, but then i remember that it was him cuz bree went over to dee-dee's house to see him.

my fave would have to be lynette & gabrielle. Susan is just plain out annoying, someone need to shoot her. I like Bree, she's an interesting character & its hard to find a "perfect wife" like her around here. But the thing that made me not like her was her relationship with the pharmaist. i mean her hubby JUST DIED! she of all people should know that it wasn't right to date him. cuz of that, her son used that as an excuse to do all of those stuff to her.

i like lynette cuz she's a hard worker, we need more women like that in this world. i mean when her hubby wanted to stay home, she worked- & worked. & she's good at it. its so hard to just not do something for years & just pick it right back up, i admire her for that. & i like gabrielle cuz she's cooky. she looks so superificial & materialistic in the outside, but deep inside she's a good person. i like that 1 episode with the balloon after she lost her baby. she had names for the baby already. i thought that was so cute & sad....

Yeah I like that episode with the balloon after she lost her baby. Do you think that nun will be back? Or is it over ?

I think all the housewives know how to use their wits to malnipulate people, except like Susan and perhaps Edie. I don't like Edie either. She's just there for eyecandy for the men who watch this show. To think Edie used to be in that old 70s soap.

Whoa.. I need to run away already.. lol.. I don't have Season 2 airing here yet.. perhaps Bree's son does deserve some sympathy, but, not that much. I have a feeling he'll do something to his mother..

Anyways.. yeah, I thought Lynette and Bree were cool too though I like Lynette better. Bree has this look that makes her look like a zombie.. and I really liked Lynette's strategy to make her sons quiet at the very first strategy .. "Santa's cell phone number" Lol. But, her sons actually get back at her by swimming

Yeah I like that episode with the balloon after she lost her baby. Do you think that nun will be back? Or is it over ?

I think all the housewives know how to use their wits to malnipulate people, except like Susan and perhaps Edie. I don't like Edie either. She's just there for eyecandy for the men who watch this show. To think Edie used to be in that old 70s soap.

they should bring the nun back, the nun seem like she has stuff up her sleeves. it'll be the nun & lynette. who will carlos choose? & what will lynette do and will she tell gabrielle, AND what would gabrielle say?!!! MAN, SCANDALIST!!! but you know, i think if i were gabrielle, i would pick lynette cuz it seems like gabrielle hates the nun with a passion.

I don't like Edie or Dee-dee, she's like a side. & I don't like Susan... (you can see how much in common they are to sleep with the same man).

you know, i have a feeling bree's son will do something really REALLY bad to Bree sooner or later... he's capable of doing so.

also, i think they made Bree look kinda weird, she's like a robo stepford's wife. as i recall the days of Melrose Place marcia cross looked really good. the character she plays on DW gives her off a weird look. i mean her hair for example, its always pulled back & he shows too much of her cheek bones. plus, its so plain. even for terri hatcher, remember her as lois & in the superman series? she had a new do every season.

Quote Originally Posted by misao ohgami
    they should bring the nun back, the nun seem like she has stuff up her sleeves. it'll be the nun & lynette. who will carlos choose? & what will lynette do and will she tell gabrielle, AND what would gabrielle say?!!! MAN, SCANDALIST!!! but you know, i think if i were gabrielle, i would pick lynette cuz it seems like gabrielle hates the nun with a passion.

I don't like Edie or Dee-dee, she's like a side. & I don't like Susan... (you can see how much in common they are to sleep with the same man).

you know, i have a feeling bree's son will do something really REALLY bad to Bree sooner or later... he's capable of doing so.

also, i think they made Bree look kinda weird, she's like a robo stepford's wife. as i recall the days of Melrose Place marcia cross looked really good. the character she plays on DW gives her off a weird look. i mean her hair for example, its always pulled back & he shows too much of her cheek bones. plus, its so plain. even for terri hatcher, remember her as lois & in the superman series? she had a new do every season.
    I know...I said before in this thread that Bree looks so anorexic in her lingerie in that scene with Rex at the hotel and the burrito. She looks classy in the dress she wore when George the murdering psycho pharmacist died.

Terri Hatcher looks like an old hag with wrinkles...no wait she looks like the undead zombies that has come back to life and tries to look all youthful like a teenager wearing those outfits. I swear its like she wears her tv daughter's clothes or something. I don't understand how anyone would want to look like Susan/Terri.

Of the husbands who do you find most amusing?

yeah, i thought she looks nice the night that the pharmacist died. i think thats about the only time... i don't recalling another time....

LOL, its her eyes... terri hatcher has money, she should do something about it, its kinda saggy & it makes he eyes droopy. i get bothered with it when i watch the show & the make-up doesn't help a bit. & yeah, she seems really "trendy". eyes, clothes, character... i get so annoyed watching her every sunday night. makes you just want to get TiVo & fast forward her.

since we're talking about make-up.... i don't like how they do susan & bree's make-up. for bree, they made her face too white & shiny. i feel like if i look at her face upclose i see my reflection on her face cuz its so polished. i mean, i watch ET & The Insider, marcia cross is a beautiful lady... esp on the red carpet. oh oh- you know that applewhite lady, she has nice make-up.

hmmm... out of all the husbands i like carlos. he's so funny. gabrielle & carlos are just too cooky together. lynette's hubby is pretty cooky too, i remember that 1 episode where he didn't clean up the house for days & lynette had to buy a rat & put it in the house- the next day the house was spottless. LOL.

zach's dad came back, i wonder what would happen. in the last episode, zach was with that 1 dude (his real dad) & susan & her daughter. his dad found the bowling ticket scores in zach's room. i have a feeling he's going to attempt to move. susan is so thick skin, always noising in ppl's business.

oh and another thing, remember lynette's boss? i wonder what's going on in the office, i mean before her boss got fired she said that lynette is going to have a loadful & all. i want to see more office drama!

YES office drama...I wanna know how's the office daycare is coming along? And how's the office after that gary is it? guy sued the company.

OH YES tonight's episode....hahah...man Susan is shameless. HAhaha she thought she had to strip and wear a gown for the MRI. She obviously just want to strip for the doctor dude or because she doesn't know anything about medical stuff. Even I know what a spleen is. She probably never took a biology class or something. Everybody knows what spleen is....it's part of your body you should know. We should nickname her Stupid Susan or Balloon head Susan or something she always does the wrong thing without thinking the consequences. Its a good thing the doctor liked her or else would've told her off for faking sickness.

Oh my goodness...haha Carlos and Gabrielle is so funny tonight. Hahaha I like how he came in to get the pictures and when he said his name it with an accent like "Hello, I'm Zorro...Diego dela Vega" ---kinda sounding like that....like very spanish.

Haha...that guy got thrown at the window and out the building hahahha. I love that scene.

OH you got your wish, the NUN is back with some more stuff to piss off Gabrielle. Hahahhaahh...Well next episode at least....