Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Desperate Housewives

Default Desperate Housewives

Saw my first episode last night. I've seen many shows before but never could quite understand why they got so popular. Not Desperate Housewives, though. I love this show.

Yes, I never seen a show narrated by a dead person before. It's quite interesting in a way I don't know why it appeals to me so much. Isn't that strange? Hehehe..

I've missed so many episodes...need to catch up with what's going on....
    I just love how you Captivate My Mind

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

I really want to watch this, but I have to start from the very first episode (personal habit). Since I missed the show's debut last year, I'll just skip the whole season and wait for the DVD release.

Quote Originally Posted by realdeal
    I really want to watch this, but I have to start from the very first episode (personal habit). Since I missed the show's debut last year, I'll just skip the whole season and wait for the DVD release.
    That's crazy. I think they showed the first episode again some weeks ago. You could've watched it. DVD is expensive, esp if you don't know if you like the series or not.

Self reminder - Update blog more often and continue editing/writing for TOV fanfic.

There are other means... maybe you know someone who taped it... The voice of the narrator sounds mischievous and yet I don't who know she is. The babysitter is cute. She has potential to be part of the main cast if she keeps it up.

Thumbs up

I've just finished watching the first five episodes and I really enjoyed this show! I love the narration, I hope they would keep it. Susan and her daughter Julie are my favorite characters, what about you?

Haven't decided yet. They're all pretty good. Nicolette Sheridan as Edie Britt is climbing up the ladder.

i've only watched the first episode i thought it was quite good. although i missed the second episode it's ok they have a repeat on .

Teri Hatcher looks a lil rough compared to her days in superman. All the women there are about 40!! i never realised until i read the papers. the youngest is the woman hwo used to be a model and her marriage to a rich husband is a sham shes in her 20's but the other woman hav ereached 40!! Not bad looking i say.............lol
    @)--;-----
    Yan Kuan
    Wot more do u want?!

atlantean0208
    Unregistered

Quote Originally Posted by Radken
    There are other means... maybe you know someone who taped it... The voice of the narrator sounds mischievous and yet I don't who know she is. The babysitter is cute. She has potential to be part of the main cast if she keeps it up.
    she is the dead women - dead on the first eps.

Is a popular series maybe because middle age women are hot to america at the moment...

I couldn't sit down and watch the shows... I rather watch daytime soap intead
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

To be politically correct, Teri Hatcher looks like something that just raised up from the grave. And sadly yes, ladies who has already hit the big "40" and still managed to stay extravagantly beautiful is overhyped. With modern procedures such as plastic surgery and botox injection, it's a wonder how these youth ravaging stars can look any less radiant. Regardless, Hatcher still looks better than most gals in their early twenties and there's definite sexual appeal in a mature woman; being how by then a mature woman would know what they would want in a relationship and be willing to do anything to achieve it. And that my friends, is freakin' sexy.

Eh to be honest, don't you think Bree looks a bit too boney? Like that episode where she wore red to Rex's hotel and were going to bed with him , she look totally annorexic(sp?). Gross...

Haven't decided yet. They're all pretty good. Nicolette Sheridan as Edie Britt is climbing up the ladder.
    I definitely found Edie more and more likeable comparing to the first couple of episodes. I enjoyed her rivalry with Susan. If you went to visit DH's abc website, you could see the picture of five women instead of four, so I guess after the golden globe nomination, Edie's moving up to be one of the main housewives

Quote Originally Posted by Suet Seung
    Eh to be honest, don't you think Bree looks a bit too boney? Like that episode where she wore red to Rex's hotel and were going to bed with him , she look totally annorexic(sp?). Gross...
    Don't you think her figure's pretty amazing as a woman in her 40s? I actually think she looked quite sexy when she was trying to seduce Rex in that red lacey lingerie. That's why when Rex turned her down, I was convinced he was gay I'm quite aware that men and women have different taste in women though

Yeah, I've gotta say, Edie's growing on me. At first, she was just the one-dimensional, local ****, but now? Now she's getting a little depth and it's amusing. The little fights she and Susan get into are hilarious.

My favourite character by far is Bree though. That woman's got so many layers to her, it's like an endless puzzle with her! Plus, I've liked Marcia Cross since her Melrose Place days so...

I think one of the reasons for the show's success (besides the tongue-in-cheek writing) is that the entire cast is pretty damn good. They're all beautiful but they can also all ACT. Ah...I just love this show!

Did anyone else knew that Pamela Anderson was approached by producers to play Susan Mayer before settling for Teri Hatcher?

Quote Originally Posted by baby8love
    Yeah, I've gotta say, Edie's growing on me. At first, she was just the one-dimensional, local ****, but now? Now she's getting a little depth and it's amusing. The little fights she and Susan get into are hilarious.

My favourite character by far is Bree though. That woman's got so many layers to her, it's like an endless puzzle with her! Plus, I've liked Marcia Cross since her Melrose Place days so...

I think one of the reasons for the show's success (besides the tongue-in-cheek writing) is that the entire cast is pretty damn good. They're all beautiful but they can also all ACT. Ah...I just love this show!
    I'd only wish they could recast Lynette's kids, especially the twins.......

Did anyone else knew that Pamela Anderson was approached by producers to play Susan Mayer before settling for Teri Hatcher?
    You mean Susan not Edie??!
    But it makes sense in a way that the writers might be having Pamela Anderson in their minds when they created all Susan's antics/making-fool-of-herself scenes---possibly originate from lots of blonde jokes And, I would give another thought about why Mike asked her out after seeing her naked......

Mike...well the actor who plays him. He was on Access or Extra or something I forgot what show I was watching.

They were doing a rumor something. Well they were asking him what's real and just rumors.

The scene were Susan/Terri Hatcher was naked and fell into the bushes. He said that she was taped up and not really naked.

That scene where Mike and her were in a love scene, she broke her rib earlier or during it. I don't remember.

And on that day, when they interviewed Mike, it was also his birthday.

Anyone seen the latest Episode?

I think I saw the latest episode. Next week it's suppose to be on at 10pm instead of 9pm because of the football game? Eh I'm losing track of time. It seems like a long time since I last saw the show.

Do you think Rex might die or something would happen to him? I mean Rex confronted the Pharmisist guy and the Pharmist Guy switched his medicine. That pharmist guy is so freaky. The whole time he was talking to Bree at the diner, he squeeze his pants or something...maybe he's some neurotic maniac I don't know. What do you all think?

I was quite surprised that Rex wanted to give their marriage another chance.

I can't believe John proposed to Elise(?)

Theres alot of twists in this show. Quite quirky and interesting to watch eh?

Do you think Rex might die or something would happen to him? I mean Rex confronted the Pharmisist guy and the Pharmist Guy switched his medicine. That pharmist guy is so freaky. The whole time he was talking to Bree at the diner, he squeeze his pants or something...maybe he's some neurotic maniac I don't know. What do you all think??
    I was quite surprised that Rex wanted to give their marriage another chance.
    I agree with you that George, the Pharmacist is just as creepy as Paul. I hope what he put in Rex's medication wasn't poison. Especially now he seems to be trying really hard to make his marriage work. Rex just shouldn't have insulted George right before receiving his prescription in the first place!

I can't believe John proposed to Elise(?)
    Gabrielle is her name. Actually I was very amused!! You're not supposed to propose to someone addressing her "Mrs."!!~~~