Thread: ALEXANDER

Default ALEXANDER

I personally don't really like the movie because it skip a lot of the important things that Alexander did during his time the influence the world. For example, liberating Egypt from the Persian and his quest for collecting rare artifacts.

Anyways hope that is not too personal for you to read.
    Last edited by James Ko; 01-11-05 at 06:33 PM.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

sure its fine everyone has reasons to like or dislike something.

since its close, i must say that NO, JUNNY does not indicate any gender. no more than any other string of alphabets. why? because i do not presume. I have not a chance to find out so i do not presume. i insert that line is purely to inform her that im not getting personal either with the gay comment; i just want to know why she feels that gays will be insulted?

stereotypical? hell quite a plenty were happy for it. if gays are complaining its probably because the bagaos sex scene was cut.

having said that, the show was a little disappointing because he thrives on boredom.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisa
    i insert that line is purely to inform her that im not getting personal either with the gay comment; i just want to know why she feels that gays will be insulted?
    I don't presume either, but I've been through this, I don't care what your motivation or reason behind your question was, that question itself is out of line no matter how or why you asked it. Can we all just let it go and talk about how good/bad this movie is?
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

well the thread is locked before i could answer.

as for the goodness or the badness.

goodness there are plenty.

badness - i said before, its BORING. now when that happens, and i paid to get entertained, and i don't get enough entertainment. its not good right?

the movie is gay. enough said!

Talking

not quite. although i admit that what the movie certainly was not a swashbucking heroic adventure epic. why stone spent more time trying to turn alexander into a tormented child to a overly dreamy man who spoke of big visions to excuse his crazy campaigns. Heroic? Of course not! How much blood was shed in his glory?

It isn't purely gay. If one has to nitpick, his relationship with his mom is treading on incest.

The problem with stone is, he tries a little too hard to deal with the issue too philosophically, explaining the motives subtly, projecting this otherwise valor of a heroic king as a tragedy. His showing of Alexander being gay was pretty much just how he deals with anything else, that this is a king, this is a determine person. Part of his character. [He might have overdone this part with eyeliner Hephaestion and dovey-lovey moments...but he meant well. HAHA.]

And as for people who accused I never read anything - well I had, that was the only reason why I grew interested in this movie, I wanted to know his take of the man. Not that I agree with him on many points, but I can see where he is coming from.

Alexander being gay or bisexual was not something he made up on the spot. Quite a few historians agreed on the matter, although like all issues, there are forever people taking on different sides of the matter, and agreed differently.

It is arguably less enjoyable when the movie tries to tackle taxing issues, and cheat us of a chance to watch just a wild adventure of a hero and insist pulled us into this "greater conspiracy".

It is a show that unless you ALREADY know the story...alot of subtleties are quite lost on you. and for those who think theres not enough battle scenes, well how much really, do you want? It's not a 40-episode drama serial; and Stone's aims was not to portray him as military genius, but the fallible man behind all this glory.

I felt he is overly accused on many points, even if I do not fully agree to his opinions, nor find that movie particularly stimulating. Troy is an easier watch, packed with a few witty lines, and absorbed the viewer right in.

I thought the movie was a bit convuluted and long. I think they shoulda portrayed Alex more like Cao Cao rather than try and make us like him.

I'm sure they reused Colin's wig from another of his recent movies. That was just terrible. The 2 big battles were really nicely done.

Invariably it seemed to be battle scene followed by parties with the local ho's.

I actually preferred the anime series better, even if that was quite innaccurate too.

The scenes with his boyf seemed a bit boring and long. The best part was Roxanne finding out in the wedding chamber! That was funny.

Regarding the accents. Jolie sounded a bit german to me which kinda threw me. Also the guy with the strong scottish accent made everyone in the cinema chuckle (and we are scottish).

All in all i felt it was not as enjoyable as the US Network remakes of epics.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

theres anime series?

alexander was horrible. it was boring and filled with horrible acting/overacting. nuff said.

Quote Originally Posted by Arisa
    theres anime series?
    Yes, yes there was. It's literally worse than the movie (if that's possible), random obession of "The Dodecohedron" and all.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Quote Originally Posted by jkd21
    alexander was horrible. it was boring and filled with horrible acting/overacting. nuff said.
    I 2nd to that. I fell a sleep.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Quote Originally Posted by Moinllieon
    Yes, yes there was. It's literally worse than the movie (if that's possible), random obession of "The Dodecohedron" and all.
    ack. T___T shit i will stick to biographies then. does anyone read THE GOLDEN VINE? [by Jai Sen & co.]

its also about alexander, but with an alternate twist in the history.

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

I want my money back! =P

Quote Originally Posted by BluLotus
    I want my money back! =P
    You should have listened to Yon Jie... Don't watch this movie.
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

Bad movie. Baaaaaaaaaad movie. It deserves the Razzies.

Frantasy Land, CA AKA / Alias / Pen Name: Frantasy Honorary Title: 蓝莲花

Quote Originally Posted by Yon
    You should have listened to Yon Jie... Don't watch this movie.
    But Blu didi went to watch it on opening night...LOL

I always watch movies on opening night...that is if I want it see it. =)

I go to the movies at least once a week...if it's new, and it seems interesting, off to the movies I go. =D