Thread: The Eagle Shooting Heroes (Movie)

Default The Eagle Shooting Heroes (Movie)

It's a LOCH Parody made during 1993 and it's still my favorite HK action flick of all time. I was wondering if anybody else has seen this movie and were able to figure out which star was ridiculing who or get any of the references to the originial Jin Yong novel. I think this is a great star studded collaboration and the fighting choreography by Sammo Hung is wicked.

If you are wondering about who plays who, here is the casting information.

Brigitte Lin - Third Princess
    Tony Leung Chiu Wai - Oyang Feng
    Leslie Cheung - Huang Yaoshi
    Jacky Cheung - Hong Qigong
    Joey Wong - School sister of Huang YaoShi; Cousin to Hong Qi
    Carina Lau - Zhou Botong
    Maggie Cheung Man Yuk - Grand Vizier
    Tony Leung Ka Fai - Prince Duan (maybe Yi Deng)
    Veronica Yip - Empress
    Kenny Bee - Wang Chongyang
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

Oh yeah! Tony Leung Kar Fai trying to get three kisses were hilarious! Yes, and he was Yi Deng. He's one rude fairy!

Half the characters, like the Third Princess, the Grand Vizier, and Huang Yao's Shi's martial sister, etc.. are made up.

I think it was hilarious, though a disastrous adaption to LOCH. It was a New Year movie so naturally a comedy. The funny thing about it, was that Wong Kar Wai made an LOCH adaption that had almost the same casts.
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

i laughed till my mouth hurt! especially the part with the flying boots
    TaZzY InC

this was definitely a funny movie but i much prefer the older brave archer, brave archer 2, and brave archer 3 starring fu sheng

I wouldn't deem it disastrous. This flick is what actually got me hooked into the genre. And I've never heard of The Brave Archer trilogy. Haven't even saw Ashes of Time. Oh well, anybody wants to play a game of kick the head? *Kicks a head around. Don't know who's he kicking to and don't know who's head he's kicking with. Kicks the head to charbydis* Don't remember any flying boot in LOCH. Wasn't that made up too? And wasn't Jacky Cheung just the cuttest thing when he break into that song and dance number to convey his love for Joey Wong? He was rocking. Oh yeah, sausage lips helped too.

Ashes of Time and Eagle Shooting Heroes was made back to back. Becoz the cast was getting pissed by Wong Kar-wai's shooting schedule, so they made this movie to lighten the mood.

Carina was the funniest. It's funny how she hallucinates. She got this lil pot of plant, thinking it was a huge tree. She sneaks around and hides behind it, trying to kill Brigitte. And everyone in the movie calls her fat boy and she's constantly feeling on the guys.

I loved this movie and watched it so many times. Bought the vcd the first chance I got. I laughed at how Tony Leung was forced by Jack Cheung to try to kill him and always fails. How was the serious movie like? I see it but not sure if it's nice enough to buy.

How was the serious movie like?
    the most difficult movie to watch, ever. but also one of the most rewarding.

why difficult to watch? because nothing about it is conventional or ordinary. It is not a movie to watch once and move on; it challenges the viewer to think afterwards and invites the viewer for repeated viewing. why rewarding at the same time? because every time I think about it or rewatch it, I learn something new. And the characters are memorable enough to remain vividly in my mind long after the movie was seen.
    Last edited by PJ; 01-13-05 at 12:08 PM.
    忽见柳荫下两个小孩子在哀哀痛哭,瞧模样正是武敦儒、武修文兄弟。郭芙大声叫道:「喂,你们在干甚麽?」武 修文回头见是郭芙,哭道:「我们在哭,你不见麽?」

brave archer 1

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.gunners1.demon.co.uk/bravearch.jpg')

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/32/l_p1003886032.jpg')

brave archer 2

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/06/l_p1003909806.jpg')

brave archer 3

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i3.yesasia.com/assets/imgs/videos/21/l_p1003921621.jpg')

Haha! Tony Leung Chiu Wai's sausage-lips Ou Yang Feng is most memorable (remember he ordered sausage with eggs and the waiter looked at his face and said he thought he was eating the sausages already! )

*Kicks the head back to Radken* No, no flying boots were in LOCh!

Jacky's Hong 7 Gong was written to be very cute when he started following Joey around , and wanted to kill himself when she refused him, but couldn't help his self-defense instinct, which was bad news for Ou Yang Feng!

And remember what the Jiu Yin Zhen Jing was filled with! And the drums, plus crabs and centipedes were hilarious too!
    "Better to write for yourself and have no public, than to write for the public and have no self."
    Cyril Connolly

it was so great... they even put in animals related to the trilogy like the ape and condor... not sure about godzilla though...

jacky and tony scenes were the best... especially the song

Yi Deng speaking English was kinda weird... and I just realized that the grandfather he's speaking to would be Duan Yu

Nice pictures you got there, chickenfeet. Pretty vintage although I reckon if The Brave Archer Trilogy is as humorous. I remembered Jacky Cheung's first suicidal attempt by trying to jump off of a cliff but landed on Tony Leung instead. That was priceless. Speaking of Carina Lau, another great moment was when she became so absolutely delusional that she started stabbing at her own leg believing it to be the supposed murderer of her beloved Kenny Bee. And during the final showdown at the palace when Tony Leung finally learned 9 Ying he bashed through the wall with that classic theme. Best entrace ever.

My main gripe with the Ashes of Time movie was actually ONLY the fighting scenes. Too much angle jumps and flashes. Really annoyed me.

Quote Originally Posted by PJ
    the most difficult movie to watch, ever. but also one of the most rewarding.

why difficult to watch? because nothing about it is conventional or ordinary. It is not a movie to watch once and move on; it challenges the viewer to think afterwards and invites the viewer for repeated viewing. why rewarding at the same time? because every time I think about it or rewatch it, I learn something new. And the characters are memorable enough to remain vividly in my mind long after the movie was seen.

wats the chinese title of this movie?

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    wats the chinese title of this movie?
    It's Dong Shing Sai Jau (Dong Cheng Xi Jiu).
    Cyril Connolly

Does anybody know the name to the song of the movie?