Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Which actresses can speak fluent english???

Talking ... i'm new...

for me its:

jessica
    flora
    michelle yip
    myolie
    and bernice

hi! i'm a new member here... *wave*
    i love tvb!!!!

TVB actresses :
    Jessica Hsuan, Flora Chan, Bernice Liu & Sonija Kwok - I've heard them speaking english in person b4 & they are very fluent in it.
    Myolie Wu, Michelle Ye, Maggie Cheung HY, Margaret Chung, Mandy Cho, Winnie Yeung - Heard them speaking english from TV, I think they pretty gd in english too.

The latest Miss HK has some sort of funky accent going on if you watched her Miss HK Ad but sounds fluent enough.

Flora Chan, no doubt, since she hasn't fully lost her ABC accent in cantonese.

Sonija Kwok studied in SFU in Canada. She seems fluent in commanding her English but if we want to be shallow, she has a very thick HK accent, if you watch one of her old movies where she played a reporter.

Myolie Wu is pretty decent.

Karen Mok studied in Italy and England and holds some literature degree. She has a very British accent if you watch her in Young and Dangerous III.

Jessica Hsuan studied in England, Imperial College. She has a mixture of accents. Sometimes it's British, sometimes it's HK-ish.

Bernice Liu is a born and bread Canadian.

Michelle Ye was raised in Brooklyn. She's pretty multilingual, which will serve her well now that she's venturing out of TVB.

Fiona Yuen was raised in Germany. Haven't heard her speak all out in English (but she did in German, I think) but she is pegged a 'Gwai Miu' at TVB.

I have a feeling that Louisa So is fluent in English.

Both Maggie Cheungs, no doubt.

Lucy Liu, obviously.

Winnie Yeung.

Christy Chung.

Amy Kwok, reknowned for a couple of credits short in completing her Masters to compete in Miss HK.

Kelly Chen. Didn't she study in FIT? She had a song in English. She, not so long ago gave an acceptance speech in English for receiving an Outstanding Youth Award. Sounded fluent to me.

Gigi Leung.

Bai Ling is fluent regardless of her accent. She has to be after all these years of famewhoring in Hollywood.

Most of the models, like Maggie Q, Rosemary, Lisa S, etc.

Dodo Cheng!

------------
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of male actors fluent in English, especially in TVB. But I can think of a few just for the heck of it...

Michael Tong studied in NY.

Kevin Cheng was born in the US but went back to HK. You can tell he doesn't have a full American accent but he's probably fluent.

Raymond Lam. At first he played so well with a HK accent when he spoke English in his lawyer series that I got fooled. He's clearly fluent in English, now that I've seen him in his doctor series.

Dayo Wong. I'm not sure but I might have read he has a degree in something. from somewhere. He too likes to downplay his English accent.

Moses Chan studied in Sydney.

Tony Leung Chiu Wai. Just watch one of his English interviews. The guy can speak fluently, with something like an American accent. Probably the most fluent, in terms of top HK actors that actually has a name overseas.

Daniel Wu. Everyone knows he's ABC.

Edison Chen. Ditto. Or is he CBC?

Anthony Wong. I'm not sure how fluent he is but he sounds like he knows the language when he spoke for a movie. He is half of British descent.

LeeHom Wang. He sounds so ABC.

Chilam Cheung. I think.

Dicky Cheung.

Eason Chan.

Stephen Fung.

Nicholas Tse.

Terrence Wan.

I did not know Raymond Lam can speak fluent English...wow he must be really smart. because I heard he can speak fluent hokkien and definitely fluent mandarin and cantonese.

Yeah, Raymond went to study in US or something? A major in architect and minor in music
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar
    Yeah, Raymond went to study in US or something? A major in architect and minor in music
    What about his Hokkien? where did he learnt that from?

hmm. i am not too sure, but i know he is born in mainland right? Maybe he got it there... wait. i don't know what dialecet is Hokkien, nm

Bai Ling is fluent regardless of her accent. She has to be after all these years of famewhoring in Hollywood.
    Haha...couldn't have said it better myself. Famewhoring, indeed.

What about his Hokkien? where did he learnt that from?
    I believe his family is, no?

And wow...I didn't know Amy Kwok almost got her Masters. Damn.
    I *heart*...
    [xy] Ron Ng, Moses Chan, Julian Cheung, Michael Tao, Kevin Cheng, Bosco Wong
    [xx] Tavia Yeung, Maggie Cheung, Flora Chan, Ada Choi, Kenix Kwok, Jessica Hsuan, Leila Tong

Yeah, she did, I think she was the only MIss Hk that was highly educated..

Actually Amy Kwok never did receive her Master, she left school before completing the program.
    On October 25...
    Go back in time to the Chu-Han War

I think Maggie Cheung Ho Yee is good in english.
    Michelle also.

Sonija K.
    Bernice L.
    Michelle Y.
    Flora Chan
    Mandy Cho
    Myolie Wu

Smile

Karen Mok i'd heard her speaking... fluent.

Jessica Hsuan of course. She went to england to study when she was only 13. She's been in england for ten years. I know her english is very well, with a british accent from her interviews. Her voice when talking in english is quite nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Jirehmy
    For high quality English go for:

Frances Yip - very very eloquent and intelligible
    Teresa Carpio - super smooth
    Stephanie Sun Yan Zi - very fluent
    Sally Yeh - near flawless spoken English

they are not actresses.

however, most Miss HK actresses are good with english since most of them are imports from canada and LA.
    飄移

linda chung
    sonia kwok
    bernice liu
    anne heung
    flora chan
    jessica hester

for tvb actress...

flora chan
    about maggie cheung (the superstar or the TVB drama one?) i know the superstar maggie speaks good english

korean:
    eugene!! she speakes really good english...

Quote Originally Posted by Big_Bad_Jon
    they are not actresses.

however, most Miss HK actresses are good with english since most of them are imports from canada and LA.
    Most, if not all, of them have done at least one acting gig.
    On October 25...
    Go back in time to the Chu-Han War

I don't know but I kinda think Penny Lin is pretty fluent in english. Well she's the only one I've heard speaking English so far...
    http://6xing.net <-Visit US!

Quote Originally Posted by afterpaige
    The latest Miss HK has some sort of funky accent going on if you watched her Miss HK Ad but sounds fluent enough.

Flora Chan, no doubt, since she hasn't fully lost her ABC accent in cantonese.

Sonija Kwok studied in SFU in Canada. She seems fluent in commanding her English but if we want to be shallow, she has a very thick HK accent, if you watch one of her old movies where she played a reporter.

Myolie Wu is pretty decent.

Karen Mok studied in Italy and England and holds some literature degree. She has a very British accent if you watch her in Young and Dangerous III.

Jessica Hsuan studied in England, Imperial College. She has a mixture of accents. Sometimes it's British, sometimes it's HK-ish.

Bernice Liu is a born and bread Canadian.

Michelle Ye was raised in Brooklyn. She's pretty multilingual, which will serve her well now that she's venturing out of TVB.

Fiona Yuen was raised in Germany. Haven't heard her speak all out in English (but she did in German, I think) but she is pegged a 'Gwai Miu' at TVB.

I have a feeling that Louisa So is fluent in English.

Both Maggie Cheungs, no doubt.

Lucy Liu, obviously.

Winnie Yeung.

Christy Chung.

Amy Kwok, reknowned for a couple of credits short in completing her Masters to compete in Miss HK.

Kelly Chen. Didn't she study in FIT? She had a song in English. She, not so long ago gave an acceptance speech in English for receiving an Outstanding Youth Award. Sounded fluent to me.

Gigi Leung.

Most of the models, like Maggie Q, Rosemary, Lisa S, etc.

Dodo Cheng!

------------
    There doesn't seem to be a lot of male actors fluent in English, especially in TVB. But I can think of a few just for the heck of it...

Michael Tong studied in NY.

Kevin Cheng was born in the US but went back to HK. You can tell he doesn't have a full American accent but he's probably fluent.

Raymond Lam. At first he played so well with a HK accent when he spoke English in his lawyer series that I got fooled. He's clearly fluent in English, now that I've seen him in his doctor series.

Dayo Wong. I'm not sure but I might have read he has a degree in something. from somewhere. He too likes to downplay his English accent.

Moses Chan studied in Sydney.

Tony Leung Chiu Wai. Just watch one of his English interviews. The guy can speak fluently, with something like an American accent. Probably the most fluent, in terms of top HK actors that actually has a name overseas.

Daniel Wu. Everyone knows he's ABC.

Edison Chen. Ditto. Or is he CBC?

Anthony Wong. I'm not sure how fluent he is but he sounds like he knows the language when he spoke for a movie. He is half of British descent.

LeeHom Wang. He sounds so ABC.

Chilam Cheung. I think.

Dicky Cheung.

Eason Chan.

Stephen Fung.

Nicholas Tse.

Terrence Wan.

how did u get all this info? wow

and also by abc do u mean america born chinese?