Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: House of Flying Daggers

Originally posted by beansprouts
    Thanks for merging.

I am trying to follow my heart.... my heart is telling me that I am probably not going to like the show but watch it anyway cos Takeshi Kaneshiro is in it.

Hee, so asking around if anybody has watched the show already and how was it??

Besides I am not a big fan of Zhang Ziyi, she was only so-so in Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon, can't see why everybody think she is so great.

I watched Zhang Yimou's Hero, and seriously, it was the most unentertaining show I had ever watched. Sure the scenery was great, the theme was meaningful, the fighting scenes were impressive and all. But movies to me, are suppose to entertain, not bore me to tears.
    I hated CTHD. LOVED Hero to death. Looking forward to HoFD even though Zhang Ziyi is in it. Takeshi Kaneshiro/Jin Cheng Wu and Andy Lau make it worth it. I LOVE ANDY LAU!!!!!!!! -love

yup same here.... hated CTHD... but thought Hero was really nice... so PLEASE to those who have watched it... would u recommend this ?
    Saw the trailers, the moves looked good ...but really skeptical of trailers these days...

Hmm... looks like not many people has watched it. Nobody has replied whether it is recommended or not.

But I have decided to watch it anway.... will watch it soon anyway, if i can convince my friends to watch it with me that is.

The trailer always look good, especially for Zhang Yimou's films. If he ever quits movie making, he can film sceneries for travel agencies and I am sure he will earn a whole lot more than he is earning now.

i have watched it... i will have say this show is kinda weird(not not nice but just werid)...
    i love HERO, but ppl say it was lousy. i like HOFD and ppl say it is aburd.
    the flying daggers are the most fabulous aspect of the movie. Zhang yimou should have film Dagger Lee using this 'flying dagger' effects since his favorite author is gulong...hehe
    Oh one more thing, the costumes really sux this time... at least for me it is.
    Any Singaporeans interested in buying swords? Go here http://www.weaponmasters.com/?ID=WEAPONS&FDX=&FMAX=&SORT=&ITEM=KR-6&LOCATION=PHOTOS I'm looking for someone to split the Shipping Cost =) PM me...

My friend watched it and she it sucked BIG time ... anyone else has seen it? Do you concur with my friend's opinion?

Me Global Sapien. Quest: Take pictures of Spiderman

Ha ha, I concur. It's pretty bad because:

1) The dialogue is cheesy.
    2) Andy Lau looks like he was acting in a long MTV.
    3) Moving scenes ironically made people laugh.

If you are a fan of Zhang Ziyi, you could watch it. She's a good actress and so cute. (I hope Southern Crane is reading this )

As for takeshi...I think he looks better on pictures. It's definitely a beautiful film but the plot's flimsy. I say save the money. Hero was much better in my opinion.
    Your panties are on too tight.

NOOOOOOOOOO! Hero was already sucky film itself..

My Aniki isn't that great in the movie??? NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
    Please email me with questions. Do not use PM here.

There is a review of this movie in a S'pore chinese newspapar that said Zhang Yi Mou must have directed this movie to prove that Hero is not the worst movie .... well, the reviewer was really pissed with the movie .. he he
    Last edited by tinac; 08-05-04 at 09:17 PM.

Worst then Hero??and Takeshi wasn't that good?? Can't be that bad is it?
    Might not watch it after all

I am not planning to watch the movie anymore. My friends went ahead to watch without me cos i was too busy with school and their feedback was B-A-D..... They practically laughed throughout the whole show cos it was so damn lame and it so damn sucks.

Ugh....

Yes, going to save my money and donate it to the SPCA...

Zhang Yimou and wuxia are not synonymous. I thought that would have been glaringly clear.
    玉木宏

blog

This movie is giving me a grief! I want to watch it, yet, Lex and I both will be very disappointed!

If my aniki won't look good in the movie.. I really have to bypass this movie!

Originally posted by cheek
    If you are a fan of Zhang Ziyi, you could watch it. She's a good actress and so cute. (I hope Southern Crane is reading this )
    He's not the only one who's thinking about going to watch this movie just because of her.
    春花秋月几时了,
    往事知多少?
    小楼昨夜又东风,
    故国不堪回首明月中.
    雕栏玉砌应犹在,
    只是朱颜改.
    问君能有几多愁,
    恰似一江春水向东流.
    --南唐后主,李煜.

Me Global Sapien. Quest: Take pictures of Spiderman

Aww no, sweetie, takeshi looks pretty good (come on, when is he ever ugly?!) but I just think he looks better on still pictures. Don't worry, I am sure my anata will find alot to drool over for Aniki. Especially when...when...shhhhhh. Heh heh.

I won't say this movie is terrible since there are several hot mainland babes. It's watchable but you won't miss anything if you decide to skip it. It's just a fashion parade for Emi Wada (costume designer).
    Your panties are on too tight.

$this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/laugh.gif')

Well, I'll likely see it (this Dec in the US) because it's one of the year's most talked about and anxiously awaited films. Zhang Ziyi being in it is just an added bonus! $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/winkgrin.gif') $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://csc.ziyi.org/smilies/hearts.gif')

Yeah, I read that pretty negative Singaporean review of the film. Though the reviewer didn't like the film, I still thought it was well informed and well written. He/she pointed out in their opinion how Flying Daggers is really Zhang Yimou's answer to critics of Hero, yet still misses the mark, sacrificing plot for action and cgi.

Just the same, a lot of other reviewers say they liked it better than Hero and vica versa. It's still arguable whether or not wuxia is Zhang's forte. A lot of people have their doubts. Eitherway, I'll see it...
    Zhang Ziyi CSC: news, biography, gallery, filmography, forums, more...

Originally posted by Yon
    This movie is giving me a grief! I want to watch it, yet, Lex and I both will be very disappointed!

If my aniki won't look good in the movie.. I really have to bypass this movie!
    Hey Yon, my friend said Takeshi looks really good in the movie, it's just that the story really sucks.

Originally posted by tinac
    Hey Yon, my friend said Takeshi looks really good in the movie, it's just that the story really sucks.
    Aiyah!!!! decision decisions decisions...i m not goin to watch it as a friend of mine told me that after he finished it, all he could think abt walking out of the theatre is to tell everyone NOT to watch it becos it's so bad....

AWWWWWWWWWWW... Souka?? Takeshi looks good and I guess my friend and I will go drool trip in December!

We are the no. 1 stalkers of Takeshi!

O.. I guess I have to leave Lex at home for the day it comes out!

Stuck in a place between Heaven and Hell!

I wasn't going to waste my money on it, but since my cousin have it on dvd.... I might just watch it because of Takeshi !
    Cheers!!!!!!

hie there
    takeshi is soooooooooooooooooo handsome in house of flying daggers and zhang zhi yi is pretty too.
    the show is ermmmmmmm a little out of topic i guess coz it's all bout love triangle between takeshi,zhi yi and andy lau,so i dunno but there a few funnny scenes in there especially between takeshi n zhi yi.....takeshi sure is humurous in there........to me
    When you're afraid to look ahead or behind,look beside you... i'll be there.............forever.........juz call my name.......n i'll be there