Thread: Maria Sharapova... Russian Tennis Sensation

Default Maria Sharapova... Russian Tennis Sensation

she's my most favorite tennis player! we're just of the same age but she's already very successful in her chosen career..

what do u think about her??
    Filipino fans of Show Luo Zhi Xiang, pls. visit http://geocities.com/ssu_philippines and join the forum!!!

well if u compare her to martina hingis at the same age hingis was way more successful. hingis world number 1 at the age of 16 yrs and 9 months, thats a record for yrs to come.

I dont' follow tennis very much... but from the glimpse of her on the sport news... she is pretty hot.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Quote Originally Posted by - L1n -
    well if u compare her to martina hingis at the same age hingis was way more successful. hingis world number 1 at the age of 16 yrs and 9 months, thats a record for yrs to come.
    Yea, considering Martina's competition was not as competitive as it is today. What with all the Russian girls, the Williams sisters, Capriati and Davenport are getting old, but the US will have young prospects taking their place. It's stiffer than it was when Hingis was no1.

Default Good

She's very good and good looking. Nice to watch, but she screams a little to loud. If she beats Koetznetsova, she have a very big chance to win the Australian op. But i don't think she will win all the grandslams and win as lot as Martina Hingis, espially with the competition which is very strong now

Martina Hingis will always be the best for me.. (my dad was such a big fan of her that he named my younger sis 'martina'... )

i just hate it when she screams a lot... seems like a siren is coming (or even worse than that) it's pretty annoying... she was even labeled as the "queen of screams"
    Filipino fans of Show Luo Zhi Xiang, pls. visit http://geocities.com/ssu_philippines and join the forum!!!

Haha yeah and she does'nt have to scream so loud to play good What about the guys, like anyone in particular, not that it had any influence on who will winn, because Roger Federer is damn to good to beat :S

i would say she is the cutest one out of all the russian woman.. and mite i add the most skilled at the age of 19

Quote Originally Posted by KJ
    Yea, considering Martina's competition was not as competitive as it is today. What with all the Russian girls, the Williams sisters, Capriati and Davenport are getting old, but the US will have young prospects taking their place. It's stiffer than it was when Hingis was no1.

wat u mean no challenge, williams and davenport was around when hingis was that age, u do realise martina is younger than the williams.lol

and what r u talking about for any 16 yr old to be world number is something. meh i just feel sorry the fact she had to retire at 22 yrs old becos of a friggin inhuries, and yet she still has more title then the williams.

wat u mean no challenge, williams and davenport was around when hingis was that age, u do realise martina is younger than the williams.lol

and what r u talking about for any 16 yr old to be world number is something. meh i just feel sorry the fact she had to retire at 22 yrs old becos of a friggin inhuries, and yet she still has more title then the williams.
    Not only that - Hingis still had the likes of Graff and Seles to contend with as well. Monica was on fire when she made a comeback or have most people forgotten about legends like Graff and Seles???

Hingis did well for her age. I'd say female tennis is a lot weaker these days, and not stonger...
    "Seems, madam! Nay it is, I know not seems!" - Hamlet, William Shakespeare

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl_eclair
    i would say she is the cutest one out of all the russian woman.. and mite i add the most skilled at the age of 19
    erm, maria sharapova is only 17...

I saw Maria, Serena, lindsay and also natalie today at the Australian open semi-final.

Both matches went into the 3rd set, and the MAria-Serena match was especially special since i'm supporting Serena today.

Maria is good, but not as dominating or likely to dominate like the Swiss Miss.

The Williams sisters were around, but they were just getting started. They were not as good as they were when they went through all those championship runs. They were very inconsistent. Davenport was good, but she was too slow. Martina exploited that with her great accuracy. I'm not saying Martina wasn't good, she just wouldn't stand a chance against these hard hitting girls that are playing now. Which was how she went out. She couldn't compete with the Williams sisters when they became more consistent and did not beat themselves.

I never thought very much of Martina Hingis. I still remember that tantrum she threw on court, when she was playing Steffi Graf in the 1999 French Open (Graf won the title). She looked like the world owed her or something. That deserved a good slap.

Graf will always be the epitome of women's tennis for me.
    玉木宏

blog