Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What happened to the GJ and YK daggers?

Default What happened to the GJ and YK daggers?

What happened to the Guo Jing and Yang Kang daggers? Did Guo Jing keep the "Yang Kang" dagger, or did they trade?

huang rong n guo jing probably threw them together with yang guos xuan tie jian into the furnace, melted them and made them into heaven sword n dragon saber. and exactly how the hell did they get the manuals inside them, wont the manuals get burnt by the scorching metal ? and just exactly how do u fit an entire manual into a weapon ? even if huang rong did rewrite it on pieces of cloth. unless she compressed it using winzip

weren't the manuals the condensed version? zzr did not master the full version and was easily taken by YG/XLN descendent in HSDS.

Quote Originally Posted by hkopinions
    weren't the manuals the condensed version? zzr did not master the full version and was easily taken by YG/XLN descendent in HSDS.
    The full version of the 9 Yum Jen Ging was also included in the Heaven Sword, but Chow Chi Yerk did not have time to master that (it would take many years). She only had about a year or so to accomplish what she needed to accomplish, so on Mit Jeut See Tai's dying advice, she learned the shortcut 9 Yum White Bone Claws first to give her the illusion of martial arts superiority (and would learn the rest of the 9 Yum Jen Ging and achieve real martial arts superiority after her immediate goals were met).

Do you have the description of the heavenly sword and dragon saber. All the adaptations seem to alter the dragon saber a lot while the heaven sword relatively remains the same.

I recently saw them on ebay...
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    huang rong n guo jing probably threw them together with yang guos xuan tie jian into the furnace, melted them and made them into heaven sword n dragon saber. and exactly how the hell did they get the manuals inside them, wont the manuals get burnt by the scorching metal ? and just exactly how do u fit an entire manual into a weapon ? even if huang rong did rewrite it on pieces of cloth. unless she compressed it using winzip
    hahahaha or even winRAR
    TaZzY InC

so according to the novel theres no XL18 skill in the saber as depicted in the china adaptation of HSDS?

Quote Originally Posted by shen long
    so according to the novel theres no XL18 skill in the saber as depicted in the china adaptation of HSDS?
    There is. The Heaven Sword contained instructions for every significant martial art that Gwok Jing ever learned (i.e. everything post-Gong Nam 7 Freaks).

Gong Nan 7 freaks weren't that bad... they were pretty good... everyone seems mediocre when compared to the Greats

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

[Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    huang rong n guo jing probably threw them together with yang guos xuan tie jian into the furnace, melted them and made them into heaven sword n dragon saber. and exactly how the hell did they get the manuals inside them, wont the manuals get burnt by the scorching metal ? and just exactly how do u fit an entire manual into a weapon ? even if huang rong did rewrite it on pieces of cloth. unless she compressed it using winzip]

they would have to make the sword and saber first with the hollow part, stick in the manual deep and then stick the hilt to the blade. presumably the HS DS were rather broad and long.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

Quote Originally Posted by Yang Guo
    Gong Nan 7 freaks weren't that bad... they were pretty good... everyone seems mediocre when compared to the Greats
    They weren't that bad. Nevertheless, their martial arts weren't the ones that would potentially overthrow the Mongol regime in China. There were probably space limitations to how much Wong Yung could cram into the Heaven Sword, so if you had to cut Hong Lung 18 Palms or the Gong Nam 7 Freaks' skills...well, guess which one is getting cut?

the 7 freaks sucked. and their teaching ablility sucked even more. just look at how screwed up guo jing was b4 he met the ma priest n hong qigong

Quote Originally Posted by qiaofeng
    the 7 freaks sucked. and their teaching ablility sucked even more. just look at how screwed up guo jing was b4 he met the ma priest n hong qigong
    Well, they did ready a very good foundation for Guo Jing to learn advanced martial arts. I think without them, Guo Jing will not understand and learned HL18Z, L/R Technique, 72 Kong Ming Fist, 9 Yin Manual... that easy.
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

Quote Originally Posted by Arching_Hero
    Well, they did ready a very good foundation for Guo Jing to learn advanced martial arts. I think without them, Guo Jing will not understand and learned HL18Z, L/R Technique, 72 Kong Ming Fist, 9 Yin Manual... that easy.
    I would credit Ma Yu for that. If not for Taoist Ma, GJ would not have been able to learn the 18 Dragon Palms that fast if at all.

Quote Originally Posted by CC
    I would credit Ma Yu for that. If not for Taoist Ma, GJ would not have been able to learn the 18 Dragon Palms that fast if at all.
    Yea, Ma Yu did helped Guo Jing more than 7 Freaks only in 2 years. So even without 7 Freaks, will Guo Jing able to learned HL18Z at that fast rate???
    Les Arts Martiaux!
    "En Garde","Fleche Enflammee"!!

He only provided inner power instructions, Guo Jing still relies on the Seven freaks' techniques almost exclusively till he met Hong Qi. Even then he still uses them. I mean how many times can you throw out the same 18 palms over and over again. Then he met Zhou Batong. Either way, the 7 Freaks's kungfu heavily influenced GJ's foundation all the way to ROCH. So much so, that he taught his 3 disciples the same kungfu he learnt from the Freaks. Its not like Guo Fu or the Wu brothers can learn 18 Dragon palms and Kong Ming Fist right away anyway. They provided a good basis.
    Last edited by SkineePanda; 01-29-05 at 05:15 PM.

Senior Member kyss of the sword's Avatar

guo jing actually revised the seven freaks techniques alot after he learned 9yin. the 7 freaks actually had high skills , it was their inner energy practise that was lacking, the same for most puglist in the realm, the top puglist achieve high mastery in inner energy which is the hardest skill to practise and advance in. the 7freaks skills were also rather diverse , which meant guo jing was learning too much and not mastering enough till after he learnt 9yin. then he combined the 7freaks skills into one complementing version with 7 parts.
    THE KYSS OF THE SWORD IS DEADLY BUT EXQUSITE
    he's the strongest in history but he's the disciple.
    http://www.mangafox.com/manga/histor...ciple_kenichi/

As for the original question, the Gwok Jing and Yeung Hong daggers, which seemed so important at the beginning of LOCH, just sort of faded from the story and weren't referred to again after a time. I think Gwok Jing used the Yeung Hong dagger to fatally stab Chan Yeun Fung, but I don't know if he ever got the dagger back. I always thought it'd be kind of cool (highly ironic symbolism) if it turned out that the dagger that Yeung Hong used to stab Gwok Jing in the Sung Imperial Palace was the Gwok Jing dagger, but I don't think it was (it was just some dagger Yeung Hong had on him at the time).

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng
    As for the original question, the Gwok Jing and Yeung Hong daggers, which seemed so important at the beginning of LOCH, just sort of faded from the story and weren't referred to again after a time. I think Gwok Jing used the Yeung Hong dagger to fatally stab Chan Yeun Fung, but I don't know if he ever got the dagger back. I always thought it'd be kind of cool (highly ironic symbolism) if it turned out that the dagger that Yeung Hong used to stab Gwok Jing in the Sung Imperial Palace was the Gwok Jing dagger, but I don't think it was (it was just some dagger Yeung Hong had on him at the time).

I believe this question was asked a while back and the answer was both the daggers buried with Gwok Jing's mother, she committed suicide with the Yeung Hong one and Gwok Jing didn't have the heart to pull it out, so he buried her with it and the Gwok Jing one.