Page 10 of 80 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060 ... LastLast

Thread: The Legend of the Fairy Swordsman/Chinese Paradin《仙劍奇俠傳》

Quote Originally Posted by pure1
    Well.. that was in the game. LOL. hehe sorry. the series was based on the game but still changed y'know? so i don't think it's fair to use the part II of the game as part II of the series. or even say how mature and caring YR becomes becuase technically in the series she's dead, along with ling'er.

I never played the game, but from my view by watching the series, i don't think there's a very big chance of xiao yao marrying yue ru if she was alive again. I don't know why, but it just wouldn't work. ^^ maybe becuase they took out some parts of the game where yue ru and xiao yao are more in love... thats why people of that played the game tends to like yue ru and people who don't are split between both yue ru and ling'er.
    I dunno... I think that if they ever make another movie I bet that they'd put Ling'er and Xiao Yao together despite the fact that they don't make a good couple (in my opinion and everyone elses'). I dunno... It's just my thought.
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by crazylife123
    sunnysnow...did you actually play the game or did you read it somewhere?

btw...you think there's a chance part II will be out in the future?
    no i havent played the game before since im using a mac and there arent mac versions for the game. however i saw a demo of part1 and bits of part2 before in some chinese website. thats how i know abt yueru marrying xiaoyao and stuff
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by pure1
    Well.. that was in the game. LOL. hehe sorry. the series was based on the game but still changed y'know? so i don't think it's fair to use the part II of the game as part II of the series. or even say how mature and caring YR becomes becuase technically in the series she's dead, along with ling'er.

I never played the game, but from my view by watching the series, i don't think there's a very big chance of xiao yao marrying yue ru if she was alive again. I don't know why, but it just wouldn't work. ^^ maybe becuase they took out some parts of the game where yue ru and xiao yao are more in love... thats why people of that played the game tends to like yue ru and people who don't are split between both yue ru and ling'er.
    of course i know the series is vastly different from the actual game, esp the yueru parts and the episodes towards the end. and i mentioned abt part2 of the game not in reference to the series, but yueru on whole as a character. frm what i read, YR's character in the game and series is almost similar. ady did a likeable portryal of YR, thats why she sorta gained a mainland fan base.

i agree with you though that base on the series alone, it is difficult to see XY marrying YR even if YR were revived again at the end, since the director clearly made it seem that XY loved ling'er more. ppl, which include me doubt whether XY really loved YR because on one hand, he seemed so devastated by her death but on the other hand, after that mourning and stuff, he seemed to completely wipe YR out of his mind. Another part on the director to play down on the XY and YR relationship and reinforce that of XY's and linger, by simply ignoring 2 crucial scenes after YR's death which were present in the game which confirmed that XY loved YR and probably more thn linger.

but im just talking abt YR's character, how she would be a good wife/mother and stuff IF the director had shown that XY clearly loved YR and IF they had a chance to get together at the end like the game. even if the series doesnt make it seem that XY loved YR alot, it doesnt mean that YR wont be a good mother/wife etc right? and i agree with someone who said that YR is somewhat like HR, though without the wits
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

poor Yue RU, i am a sucker for underdogs

It just pisses me off that directors would do that just to give more importance to LYf's role, promoting her.
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

Quote Originally Posted by Sugar

It just pisses me off that directors would do that just to give more importance to LYf's role, promoting her.
    But doesnt the entire serie evolve around Ling'er destiny to save her kingdom? promoting her should be important. Well anyone can learn to be a good mother actually. YR might be like HR and mellow out when she get older, L'er can pick up fun personality from spending so much time with XY. anything is possible....haha that is why they have fanfiction.
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.

Promoting LYF?? Are you sure about that...i think they'll promote anyone that plays Ling'er.

Promoting LYF?? Are you sure about that...i think they'll promote anyone that plays Ling'er.
    but it seems that they are promoting LYF..she's kinda appearing here there everywhere but although she has the looks i cant say much abt her acting.
    ~yOu aRe my sUnshiNe my oNly sUnshIne
    yOu mAke mE haPpy wHeN sKieS aRe gReY
    yOu nEvEr kNoW jUsT hOw mUcH i LoVe yOu
    pLeaSe dOn'T takE my sUnshInE aWay~
    alec 有朋 alec 有朋 alec 有朋

Quote Originally Posted by nauti_ger
    but it seems that they are promoting LYF..she's kinda appearing here there everywhere but although she has the looks i cant say much abt her acting.
    thats just the way it is lol.
    i dont think shes a bad actress anyways, its not like shes straight out horrible.
    even if they are promoting her, i suppose she has a lot of fans.

I am sure. The game itself showed how LXY loved Yue Ru more.. but since this more of a LYF series,of course they would change the story showing LXY loved her more

I KNOW!!! Pisses me off too... I think it should be the character not the actress/actor... Because actresses/actors can be replaced...
    有缘千里来相会
    无缘对面手难牵

Quote Originally Posted by Da Bao
    I KNOW!!! Pisses me off too... I think it should be the character not the actress/actor... Because actresses/actors can be replaced...
    Wait wait...how are they promoting LYF and not Ady as well?

Doesn't the script come first then the actresses? I don't know you guys say they're promoting LYF? People always have to go against her. Doesn't really matter to me because LYF will be in the entertainment industry for a long time.
    Last edited by crazylife123; 11-07-05 at 09:24 PM.

Well isn't this more of a main land series? LYf is popular there yah? while Ady is making her way into the market. so wouldn't the LYF get a juicier role?

Wait wait...how are they promoting LYF and not Ady as well?

Doesn't the script come first then the actresses? I don't know you guys say they're promoting LYF? People always have to go against her. Doesn't really matter to me because LYF will be in the entertainment industry for a long time.
    no idea, this promoting idea came out of nowhere. jealousy i tell you. jealousy!

Quote Originally Posted by WangDang
    no idea, this promoting idea came out of nowhere. jealousy i tell you. jealousy!
    That is just the point, people just won't accept the truth that an 18-year girl is famous and hot throughout the movie industry they just think it is unrealistic for her to get famous at such a young age.

Well isn't this more of a main land series? LYf is popular there yah? while Ady is making her way into the market. so wouldn't the LYF get a juicier role?
    but doesn't that contradict your statement ... i thought you like yue ru more...so you're telling me LYF had a better role?

Default Ady is the best!!!

Ady is the best!!!
    Nice to meet you all! Welcome to join in for any discussion!

but doesn't that contradict your statement ... i thought you like yue ru more...so you're telling me LYF had a better role?

Since when? I said that i like Yue Ru's role more than Ling Er.. but the director's view point made Ling ER more important and prominant . and even tho LYF got this role., still.. she didn't convince me over Ady

Since when? I said that i like Yue Ru's role more than Ling Er.. but the director's view point made Ling ER more important and prominant . and even tho LYF got this role., still.. she didn't convince me over Ady
    I thought Ling'er and Yue Ru are equally important for this series...maybe LXY chose Ling'er...but they're a family...so it's obvious they'll end up together. The director want a sad ending out of this series. I think it's more memorable if LXY ends up being alone than being with any of the ladies.

I thought Ling'er and Yue Ru are equally important for this series...maybe LXY chose Ling'er...but they're a family...so it's obvious they'll end up together. The director want a sad ending out of this series. I think it's more memorable if LXY ends up being alone than being with any of the ladies.
    That is so true, LXY should be alone in the end. I know its good to move on and live your life when your spouse died, but the idea of love is more profound if he spend the rest of his life taking care of their child.

People said that game and serie is almost the same but it is not. the serie REALLY show that LXY love Ling'er in the beginning (the whole hand with her name thing and other exps.) but in the game he didnt seem like he care that much. he just saw a beautiful girl and wanted the pill, sleeping with her was just a bonus to him. The serie gave them a history and promote their love. i'm still just playing the english demo of the game but it seem that LXy doesnt really love ling'er as he does in the serie.
    I'm a big D.Wade and Ginobili fan.
    I am so sick of Hu Ge
    I fight with my dog for the role of master and pet daily and he usually wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Huumanshadow
    That is so true, LXY should be alone in the end. I know its good to move on and live your life when your spouse died, but the idea of love is more profound if he spend the rest of his life taking care of their child.

People said that game and serie is almost the same but it is not. the serie REALLY show that LXY love Ling'er in the beginning (the whole hand with her name thing and other exps.) but in the game he didnt seem like he care that much. he just saw a beautiful girl and wanted the pill, sleeping with her was just a bonus to him. The serie gave them a history and promote their love. i'm still just playing the english demo of the game but it seem that LXy doesnt really love ling'er as he does in the serie.
    yeah, i thought the director wanted to be different from the other series, dam that bastard.
    the series is really heavy on the fantasy, reminds me of The Monkey series,(Ty Du Ky).

I also thought the game was pretty whack (played the really short english demo), where LXY and Ling'er meet for one day, bam, bam, and they wake up on the same bed... I was thinking, wtf... where's the love???
    because you guys gotta admit, that scene with them flirting on the bed, LYF was EFFIN CUTE! her illustration of a naive, innocent, first timer was just too dam cute. dam that lucky bastard LXY.

So, it would be bad if they did it like that in the series, people would be WTF as well. because a guy has to be pretty dam lucky or the fantasy world in the series is too good to be true lol.

btw, about the demo, i played to the part where they meet Yue Ru for the first time. After some talking, LXY lies on the ground and Ling'er cries because he's dying and it stops. is that the end of the demo?
    Last edited by WangDang; 11-08-05 at 08:30 AM.