Page 80 of 80 FirstFirst ... 307071727374757677787980
Results 1,581 to 1,595 of 1595

Thread: The Legend of the Fairy Swordsman/Chinese Paradin《仙劍奇俠傳》

I just finished watching the series about 10 minutes ago. Wow, I did not expect such a sad ending, even though I knew what happened to everyone by reading this thread. This show was a much bigger tearjerker than I anticipated.

Annoyingly, the very last scene was not subtitled in English. It's only two lines of dialogue, but it was irritating, especially for my husband.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

I posted this in the Hu Ge thread but I am reposting here, since it's more appropriate.

Did people actually like Xian Jian Qi Xia Chuan? My wife and I just finished it (she had played the game) and both agreed it was pretty bad. Storyline rambled and didn't make much sense, the "bad guy" (Jiao Zhu) didn't have a clear motivation most of the show, and the effects were really bad.

We both really liked Jiu Zui Xian, Yue Ru and Tang Yu...mostly because we felt so sorry for him by the end and couldn't figure out why on earth he would love Ah Nu, who is the most annoying person I've seen in a show in a LONG time.

Also, it would have been nice if they'd composed more than 3-4 music tracks for use in the show.

Anyway, overall a bad show, in our opinion...
    Last edited by FreeJack; 03-26-09 at 08:28 PM.

Hehehe... to be honest, I don't know.

I stopped watching after Yueru died, and I skipped large parts of the LXY/LE going back and forth. The bits I watched, which were of Yue Ru's cousin, Yue Ru and Xiao Yao's adventures, were all fine, even great in terms of how much fun the characters were to get to know!

I watched as little of Ah Nu (I couldn't agree with you more about her- when I heard that they almost cast the Ah Nu actress as Yue ru I thought it was an incredibly good casting decision to give her the Ah Nu role rather than Yueru who's a cooler character!) and Linger as I could manage- so everything was good.

Quote Originally Posted by FreeJack View Post
    I posted this in the Hu Ge thread but I am reposting here, since it's more appropriate.

Did people actually like Xian Jian Qi Xia Chuan? My wife and I just finished it (she had played the game) and both agreed it was pretty bad. Storyline rambled and didn't make much sense, the "bad guy" (Jiao Zhu) didn't have a clear motivation most of the show, and the effects were really bad.

We both really liked Jiu Zui Xian, Yue Ru and Tang Yu...mostly because we felt so sorry for him by the end and couldn't figure out why on earth he would love Ah Nu, who is the most annoying person I've seen in a show in a LONG time.

Also, it would have been nice if they'd composed more than 3-4 music tracks for use in the show.

Anyway, overall a bad show, in our opinion...
    My husband and I really liked it. It's true that Bai Yue Jiao Zhu didn't have clearly defined motivations for most of the series, but it was actually sort of refreshing to have a villain who didn't monologue about his evil plans.

Ah Nu was kind of annoying sometimes, but there's no accounting for why people fall in love. I liked the story of Tangyu's love for her and how she finally returned his love wholeheartedly at the end.

But I agree with you about the music. My husband and I were getting really tired of that one song they kept playing over all the romantic scenes, especially since Tai Seng's English translators apparently felt it necessary to translate the lyrics *every time it was played*. Then the subtitles interspersed the lyrics with the dialogue, which made it rather difficult to figure out what was dialogue and what was song lyric.

We also thought it was funny when the series really showed its video-game roots. Every time there was a fight scene they would start playing a piece of music that sounded exactly like something you'd hear on a video game, and the fights with the big monsters really seemed exactly like "boss fights" in a game. Plus the magic beads Xiaoyao had to collect were just like power-ups from a game.

And whatever happened to Pebble? He showed up and helped Ling'er out for a while, and then he seemed to just vanish without explanation about the time she was captured and held prisoner in "Monster Jail" (stupid name, but that's what the English subs called it).

Oh, and Brian Wang (Liu Jinyuan / Ah Qi) was very cute, and a good actor. We were impressed by him.
    你看这些云彩,聚了又散,散了又聚,人生离合也是一样。

Hehehe... I'm a pretty boring person- I don't mind repetition of music as long as it's beautiful.... could listen to the same song for hours.

In fact I like Xian Jian's music enough that I occasionally go to youtube still to listen to liu Yue de Yu or Xiao Yao Tan or (best of all) wo gai ni de ai yi zhi hen an jing.

Just a plug for the music here...
    Last edited by yanfeng; 03-29-09 at 04:15 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    I must be a very boring person- I don't mind repetition of music as long as it's beautiful... could listen to the same song for hours.

In fact I like Xian Jian's music enough that I occasionally go to youtube still to listen to liu Yue de Yu or Xiao Yao Tan or (best of all) wo gai ni de ai yi zhi hen an jing.

lol well then i must even worse cause i have those songs on my ipod

A little OT but I just read some sad news stating that Taiwanese singer Ah Sang (aged 34) , who sang "Yi Zhi Hen An Jing" (Yue Ru's theme) passed away recently after a losing battle with breast cancer.

http://news.xy178.com/a/2009-04/08/165726u90720.html
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow View Post
    A little OT but I just read some sad news stating that Taiwanese singer Ah Sang (aged 34) , who sang "Yi Zhi Hen An Jing" (Yue Ru's theme) passed away recently after a losing battle with breast cancer.

http://news.xy178.com/a/2009-04/08/165726u90720.html
    Thanks for the news but so sorry to hear that... May she rest in peace and that her memories and works will be remembered forever....
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

Quote Originally Posted by sniffles View Post
    My husband and I really liked it. It's true that Bai Yue Jiao Zhu didn't have clearly defined motivations for most of the series, but it was actually sort of refreshing to have a villain who didn't monologue about his evil plans.

Ah Nu was kind of annoying sometimes, but there's no accounting for why people fall in love. I liked the story of Tangyu's love for her and how she finally returned his love wholeheartedly at the end.

But I agree with you about the music. My husband and I were getting really tired of that one song they kept playing over all the romantic scenes, especially since Tai Seng's English translators apparently felt it necessary to translate the lyrics *every time it was played*. Then the subtitles interspersed the lyrics with the dialogue, which made it rather difficult to figure out what was dialogue and what was song lyric.

We also thought it was funny when the series really showed its video-game roots. Every time there was a fight scene they would start playing a piece of music that sounded exactly like something you'd hear on a video game, and the fights with the big monsters really seemed exactly like "boss fights" in a game. Plus the magic beads Xiaoyao had to collect were just like power-ups from a game.

And whatever happened to Pebble? He showed up and helped Ling'er out for a while, and then he seemed to just vanish without explanation about the time she was captured and held prisoner in "Monster Jail" (stupid name, but that's what the English subs called it).

Oh, and Brian Wang (Liu Jinyuan / Ah Qi) was very cute, and a good actor. We were impressed by him.
    I thought this series was ok. I mean it was not the worse series that I have ever seen since I have seen ones that are even worse. I thought the soundtrack was really nice and they had about 6 vocal songs(if I remember correctly) but I think not all of them were used in the series. I heard that a lot of the scenes were deleted from the Taiseng version so a lot of parts did not make sense.

Brian Wang is a good actor and I was impressed by him as well. I also felt bad for his character...
    Respect other people's opinions and views. If we learn how to do that than all of these fights and arguments will not occur.

rewatching the series, i thought the king was so useless. he didn't deserve to marry the queen. she woulda lived if she didn't marry him.
    just another fellow ancient drama enthusiast

i didn't realise people were still talking about this series so long after its finished.

the general concensus seemed to be XY and YR to be together...

don't you find it a bit over the top wishing a character would die off so ur favorite character gets the guy?

i mean for both parties...

i've always prefered LE better cos she had better motive, by LYF's soft touch really dampers the character, while i found YR kinda annoying, her death scene was one of the most touching scene in the film.

yet i thought if XY had loved LE so much, turning around to YR would have been betrayal, unless LE actually did something to turn him away, but she didn't she was quite a nice character.

for gods sakes, their married, no matter what you say, even if its a one night stand/marriage but their married, if this was based in real life, would you be cheering for a guy to leave his wife, who was by no means a bad person or wronged him in anyway, for a girl that happen to have more spunk?
    Currently in love with Bae Suzy...for superficial reasons.

I just opened a poll to know people's favourite Hu Ge pairing in the Chinese Paladin series. Come to vote if you have time, please.
    http://xxchinesepaladin3xx.blogspot.com/

Thanks in advance!

My opinion: I really like this drama because of the strong meanings and words they used in here.
    ALL the Characters were special and relevant in the storyline. Sadly most of them died.
    I think Tang Yu and Ah Nu should get some more credits; because they were the one winning
    every game of Baiyue's and proved that "true love" does exist. Even though Ah Nu was very childish,
    if you are an observant person in life, you can tell that she loves Tang Yu except she was too arrogant to realize what love is.
    ~Eddie Peng FAN!!! <3 <3 <3

To some people Linger was kind of irritating; but I think each char. had special decisions that impact the drama, so I don't blame them.
    [Not a LYF Fan, but just saying!]

People has their own favorite characters; like LXY & ZL, LXY & LYR, or TY & AN.
    I personally was more fond of Tang Yu and Ah Nu's story; but I liked LXY & both girls Linger and Lin Yue Ru's role too.
    I see that some comments said that they were happy that Yueru died or that Linger died; to me
    I thought it was pretty sad they both died; LXY owes LYR a lifetime of thanks and as for Linger, he's already her lover.

Overall, the drama was pretty sad; I just really love their strong meaning of love in here and how they used
    the biyi birds along with the knowledge of Kin Brother (Jin Yuan) to help the main characters. )

Lovely story, but I wish there would be another Chinese Paladin of what happens to the biyi birds (Tang Yu & Ah Nu).
    How Ah Nu always promise Tang Yu to be his wife the next life, she owes him much.
    And the story of Linger's daughter would be nice; plus more of the [Understanding] Daoist, and what had happened to Nation of Nan Zhao.
    *There is still a lot that they could do a sequel to, and I would love to see the same characters again!*

Quote Originally Posted by yanfeng View Post
    Hehehe... I'm a pretty boring person- I don't mind repetition of music as long as it's beautiful.... could listen to the same song for hours.

lolz check out this song

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ujhp8Q2DCcg
    Last edited by kidd; 05-11-11 at 09:01 PM. Reason: Edited youtube video link. Note to IPlayWow: Please try to stay on topic i.e. discussion related to the Xian Jian series..

I agree to all of yuyanlover's comments, but alas, the game has sequels and so the producers must follow the game's plots, unless they specifically make a fan sequel to PAL1. But compared to PAL3, this adaption seems closer to the original.

Ling'er:
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://i1215.photobucket.com/albums/cc502/HGe_CLiu/537d53a7jw1dpe16v5waxj.jpg')
    Last edited by H.Ge-C.Liu; 02-05-12 at 12:34 AM.
    Biases: Hu Ge, Qiao Zhenyu, Liu Shi Shi
    Jiang Hu Fansubs - Recruiting members (especially translators).