Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: How was Lady Yeung so well-informed about the events in wulin?

Quote Originally Posted by LuNaR
    i think jin yong juss created her as a character to get zhang wu ji out of trouble in that 1 scene, i dont think he expected any of us to analyze this character because of the little information given
    I think Jin Yong also created Lady Yeung to establish a more firm link from HSDS back to L/ROCH. By the end of HSDS, it was getting hard to keep track of how the events surrounding Cheung Mo Gei and the Ming Cult related back to Gwok Jing and Yeung Gor.

Her knowing about Chen Youliang could possibly be explained by Mrs See telling her and Lady Yang doing some investigating.

However, what was truly impressive was that she knew the beggar clan elder was killed by SQS. Either she was hiding all that time or her spy ran back at superspeed and told her and Lady Yang teleported herself at the meet from the Ancient Tomb. Unless she was already on her way but the cow was late. ¬.¬

I mean she comes out once in a blue moon and she fails to save any of the ppl in Beggar Clan whom they are associated with, save the little girl. Then she leaves and her half-assing finds new levels by asking ZWJ to help with Beggar Clan affairs.

As if he doesn't have enough crap to deal with as head of Ming Cult and the Han Rebels. And when he retires from wulin and does have time it is precisely because he doesn't want to be involved with wulin. = that new beggar clan leader is screwed! But don't worry, Lady Yang will do a dance for her before she draws her last breath.

I think the only ppl she does save apart from the little girl is ZWJ as she intervenes in his fight with the monks and Tse Tsun (if only to spite ZZR).

I think the point is whether or not she can justify her "busybodiness / batgwa" since precious little good comes from it.
    TristeCoeur on Lady Yang: Someone needs 2 tell her that when u want 2 save people from being killed, u need to hurry the hell up, not play bull#### music & dance around. Her mission failed big time

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Cheng View Post
    For a recluse, Lady Yeung (the Ancient Tomb Sect acolyte who might have been a direct descendant of Yeung Gor) seemed to be very well-informed about current events in wulin. She knew what was going on with Chan Yau Leung in the Beggar's Union, and she even knew that his teacher and boss was Sing Kwun (a secret certainly not known to many in HSDS). She also knew of Cheung Mo Gei and Tse Tsun's involvement in the entire affair. For someone who was supposedly a recluse, her intel was awfully good. Did she have spies working for her?
    Didn't her ancestor Yang Guo have the equivalent of Song Dynasty NSA setup already?