Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Some TVB series are...

Default Some TVB series are...

They're usually good all the way, but when it comes to the ending... they kinda "turned out badly" don't they? Series like The King of Yesterday and Tomorrow, Square Pegs, Return of the Cuckoo(arghh....... its always like this.. what're they gonna do? She divorce and be with him again??), Dragon Love(never been what I've expected.....), Armed Reaction(2-4) all(Hey! They're all good series but...... in 2, Sam Yun gets rape... 3, her son dies, and 4 her husband lost his hand and is lost..... Sometimes.. I think that the producer has a grudge against the couple.... or maybe he's just... a sad fella... another series.. War and Beauty.. he made the couple die.. it was satisfactory though) etc etc

and, no insults to the producer..

Agrees???

One thing though.. I really hope Shades of Truth won't be up in the list..
    I'll be angered..
    Last edited by arachidonic; 01-26-05 at 06:43 AM.

Senior Member KennyLeeJianSiong's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic

I'll be angered..
    you know, if HISTORY has anything to go by, Shades Of Truth ending MIGHT MIGHT MIGHT disappoint you. (note: I haven't watch Shades Of Truth yet).

TVB series ending are 80% badly done.

Btw, it is not the producer, but the Scriptwriter that is the fault.
    Sam and Zoe are FOREVER and EVER!
    Please visit :Codename : Dreams|| Get TVB Theme songs here & here

Why are endings bad? Is it because they end it too unrealistic or they end leaving the viewer wanting for more, or something else?
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Not only the ending, the middle part is usually the most unbearable, especially when the series start to drag! I've always told a friend of mine at the rental shop in my area, the best thing to do when you're watching TVB series are to watch the beginning (usually very interesting and entertaining), middle (just to know roughly what's going on) and the ending. Thats it. You don't have to watch the entire series or you might end up pulling your hair off.

Endings are another thing to talk about. You're right, they're usually bad endings, and the scriptwriter somehow needed something more 'interesting' for the ending so that viewers will remember and hate them for eternity. Kenny's right, TVB's stuff (ending) are nearly 80% badly done (HHII, good example)

Shades of truth..I'm halfway through the series (around episode 22) It's ok, not the best series out there but bearable, though I just can't stand Gigi (and disappointed by the fact that Chi Lam doesn't end up with Tavia!) There's a lot of twists and surprising stuff towards the end. *hint Infernal affairrs hint*

Quote Originally Posted by Fantasy
    'interesting' for the ending so that viewers will remember and hate them for eternity.
    It sucks to be the scriptwriter that wrote the ending for To Catch The Uncatchable (we all know it has to be Daiyo ) .

I think Daiyo is/was the most hated person when To Catch The Uncatchable ended.

All I know that if the rating for To Catch the Uncatchable reach a certain peak, Ada jokely promise the viewers that she will marry Dayo so maybe they ruin it so that everyone is piss so the rating would go down and they don't have to marry
    Flame on I am gone...

notice the only series that doesn't have a bad ending recently was probably 'to catch the uncatchable' because dayo wong (wong chee wa) was actually part of the producing team for this series.. so he made up the original ending.. but of course originals ending usually consists of non-happy endings.. and u saw wat the ppl did in hong kong

so tvb usually changes the ending of all the series JUST to make it a happy ending, hence we all find it disappointing

and as for Shades Of Truth.. i can so feel they r going to do something to just screw it up.. i dunno how yet.. but i can sense that they will and can.. after all it's tvb.. tvb is too dominant as the only channel to watch in overseas and in hong knog.. maybe if atv putted up a better fight tvb mite have to change their tactics.. but besides vampire.. atv hasn't produced much of a big hitter

The ending for Square Pegs was pathetic to the highest degree. Ugh.
    玉木宏

blog

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl_eclair
    so tvb usually changes the ending of all the series JUST to make it a happy ending, hence we all find it disappointing
    So basically TVB change the ending to happy ending to please the majority while the minority I assume are disappointed.

So those that are disappointed are just minority of those that dislike the ending while majority do like the ending. So maybe TVB is doing the right thing.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by junny
    The ending for Square Pegs was pathetic to the highest degree. Ugh.
    I agree with you 101%. The ending was soooooo pathetic, I tell people to watch Square Pegs BUT skip the ending episode.

Quote Originally Posted by babygurl_eclair
    and as for Shades Of Truth.. i can so feel they r going to do something to just screw it up.. i dunno how yet.. but i can sense that they will and can.. after all it's tvb.. tvb is too dominant as the only channel to watch in overseas and in hong knog..
    you can bet your life that TVB will find one way or another to screw the ending up.

I rarely ever see TVB serials reach their climax anymore. I just watch to a certain point in the story where I would feel satisfied and stop right there. It's not important how the tale turns out because I know I'm only in it for the sappy mindless entertainment. Dull stories, bland roles, unconvincing dialogue, those can become irritating. However, nothing ruins a happy feel good moment quite like an ending downer where the goofy character dies or the pretty actress sleeps with the self-righteous prick. There's not much these half-baked ideas spewed out by TVB has to offer but some form of criteria should be made. If I don't feel good watching these videos then I've no reason to watch them at all.

Quote Originally Posted by arachidonic
    I'll be angered..
    I like the ending of SoT, so hopefully it won't disappoint you either.
    (\__/)
    (='.'=)
    (")_(")

Yup.. talking bout SP.. no, lets not talk about it..

Hmm... so SoT's are not bad eh?
    Good.. I'm starting to feel a little better.. I'll hate it if it turn out to be the same ending as Infernal Affairs..

Lalalalalala....

and.. yup.. I'd rather blame the scriptwriter now...
    I just got a feeling to blame the producers because in AR Iv, the producer's surname turned out to be the same as the character; Sir Kong.. I apparently hated him(in the series and thats why.

Hehehe.. kinda stupid eh?

you actually cannot put total blame on the scriptwriter. When my brother was working for a larger film company such as TVB, scriptwriters were constantly told to revise, revise, and revise endings (especially). The producer/ director has total say in the storyline while the scriptwriters has little to say. With a smaller private company, scriptwriters tend to have more freedom and flexibility to write what they want. For example, TOB had two alternative endings in the script but the final call came to the producer/director and not the scriptwriters.

However, I do blame scriptwriters for their consistency in all the series. It is so predictable after watching the first few episodes. Usually they have the same plot or tragic ending.

Mount Olympus, sipping nectar and eating ambrosia

I tend to agree, especially those series with only 20 episodes tend to look very much alike. Sometimes I just have to watch the first episode and I can predict pretty much how the rest will evolve. But then again, I will still keep watching for some reason.
    So huge, so hopeless, to conceive
    As these that twice befell
    Parting is all we know of heaven
    And all we need of hell.

Emily Dickinson (1830-1886)

But if you think about it... having an original script sometimes is hard for public to accept... because is not something they are familier with. While similar script usually equal to predictable success. For example: Look at VOH, I mean is the same formula just in different time period but public loves it.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    But if you think about it... having an original script sometimes is hard for public to accept... because is not something they are familier with. While similar script usually equal to predictable success. For example: Look at VOH, I mean is the same formula just in different time period but public loves it.
    actually, it is not really the same formula for both the VOH's, just the character's is the same in both VOH's. When you think about it, the ancient VOH and the modern VOH has it's differences and it's similiarity, but both aren't the same formula. I would say that the modern version is a bit better than the ancient version.

at least that is what I think.

i acutally love endings where the main character dies, that is sometimes. i thought they did a good job on WAB. hate endings when they leave you on a cliff and endings like square pegs.