Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: Chinese Ghost Story

Default Chinese Ghost Story

I can't find the old thread but I rewatch it and see if anyone have comments about it.
    Flame on I am gone...

Facebook Is the best thing since ICQ

Terrible. I only watched it for hubbalicious Nie Yuan and sexy Jess

Barbie and Daniel Chan
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

I thought Barbie was okee. Daniel ya is bad... kind of thought his starting role become supporting role...

Jessica was awsome. Wu Jing, Yuen Wah and his wife were all very funny bunch

There were some part that was draggy like the break up and make up between Barbie and Daniel and some of the storyline seems right out of other movies but I thought the series wasn't boring and it sucks you in.

Sucks though the cantonese version doesn't use the real actors and actresses voices.
    Flame on I am gone...

Chinese Ghost Story series? Does this have any connection to the movie with Leslie Cheung?

The theme songs sound like it was sung by him. The beginning is kind of the same, it has the same charactors but it branch off after that.
    Flame on I am gone...

its a remake of Leslie Cheung's Ghost Story, its a series which strs Barbie and Daniel.......... its a cute story, very differnt form the others, Barbie is cute in that series

the story involving the main characters is really really boring the drags on 4eva. but the supporting characters n subplots r interesting. personally, i fink da main characters should haf been nie yuan's qiye, jess's hong ye n wu jing's liu wun.
    Nie Yuan's official site:
    http://www.nieyuan.net/?u=6381

English Forum:
    http://nieyuan.invisionplus.net

I seriously think that the lead actor and actress were outshone by the supporting cast led by Jessica, Jason, Nie Yuan (of course!) and even those other guest like amy chan and apple hong..
    I watched it 5 times already..
    here's some pics from the episode (my favorite episode) Unrequited Love
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/eternity04.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/eternity03.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/eternity02.jpg')
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

Who are interested on buying it I am selling it on ebay cheap.

Hehe I got it from Yes Asia when it first came out kind of was really expensive But now I know it drop a bit.

I was really suprise the packaging was pretty nice (better then the TVB packaging).

Also when Jessica was possesed and turn her hair to white... this reminds me of the The Bride with White Hair...
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by spotneck
    I seriously think that the lead actor and actress were outshone by the supporting cast led by Jessica, Jason, Nie Yuan (of course!) and even those other guest like amy chan and apple hong..
    I watched it 5 times already..
    here's some pics from the episode (my favorite episode) Unrequited Love
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/eternity04.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/eternity03.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v46/spotneck/eternity02.jpg')

i agree. daniel chan was so lame in there. sometimes i just wanna slap him good on the face for being so stupid and pathetic. while everybody was racking his/her brains trying to save the planet, all he did was sitting there thinking about xiao qian. big s was not that impresssive either compared with her performance in meteor garden. i was really impressed with the performance rendered by jason wu on the other hand. really good chemistry between him and jess. nie yuan was very good too.
    褚慎明要女人, 所以鼻子同样的敏锐,他心里装满女人,研究数理逻辑的时候,看见a posteriori 那个名词会联想到posterior. 看见X记号会联想到kiss, 亏得他没细读柏拉图的Timaeus, 否则他更要对着X记号出神.-- 围城

Could it be the script that made Daniel's character so dislikeable. I mean Barbie (Big S) charactors at least don't give up as easily... but it seems for a minute, Daniel will say screw the world I am going to mate with this Fox... while in another minute, he has to be respectable and honor my mother's wises. Is like Daniel's charactor was two different person.

There is a part I was kind of confused. I thought they married on the altar when Daniel was poison by The demon Black Mask, then he cough some blood and the Blue Demon Stone glow which means Barbie found true love from a human which save her from the grim reaper. Yet later on the story they have to marry again and weren't able to.
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    Could it be the script that made Daniel's character so dislikeable. I mean Barbie (Big S) charactors at least don't give up as easily... but it seems for a minute, Daniel will say screw the world I am going to mate with this Fox... while in another minute, he has to be respectable and honor my mother's wises. Is like Daniel's charactor was two different person.

There is a part I was kind of confused. I thought they married on the altar when Daniel was poison by The demon Black Mask, then he cough some blood and the Blue Demon Stone glow which means Barbie found true love from a human which save her from the grim reaper. Yet later on the story they have to marry again and weren't able to.
    yes, the script certainly didn't help. but i really had some serious doubts about his ability as an actor. absolutely no offence to his fans or himself.

can't help you on your last one, james. cos it's been a while since i watched the series. im confused too. how many times did they try to get married.
    Last edited by *la primavera* encore!; 01-27-05 at 01:53 PM.
    褚慎明要女人, 所以鼻子同样的敏锐,他心里装满女人,研究数理逻辑的时候,看见a posteriori 那个名词会联想到posterior. 看见X记号会联想到kiss, 亏得他没细读柏拉图的Timaeus, 否则他更要对着X记号出神.-- 围城

I never really saw Daniel act... I have some of his series that I haven't watch it. Feel 100% etc. I didn't mind him acting in movies. He was alright. The really werid thing is some scene he reminds me of Leslie.

Anyone have that experience too?
    Flame on I am gone...

well, da costune's really familiar, so there is dat slight similarity. But dat guy seriously can't act. he might do alrite in modern series, but i dun fink he didn't really grasp his character. has any1 notice dat everytime he cries (more like try to), he covers his face wif his hands n u dun see any tears?

English Forum:

he lookd like leslie because he copied his facial expression..that's why his acting looked so fake... Da S is really not suited for the damsel in distress type of role because you can see through her face that she's the type of girl who gets what she wants...she does not have the tragic look..
    you cannot discover new oceans unless you have the courage to lose sight of the shore nie yuan

Hmm... Ning Caichen and Xiaoqian bashing time again?
    Join us at The Mandate RPG!
    Join the Discussion thread for The Mandate RPG!
    Quote Originally Posted by athlee View Post
    DZC - "Your wife and I, we are old friends."

Quote Originally Posted by spotneck
    Da S is really not suited for the damsel in distress type of role because you can see through her face that she's the type of girl who gets what she wants...she does not have the tragic look..
    Kind of like the charactor in Meteor Garden... but I thought that was needed with the way Daniel swinging back and forth with the relationships.... someone got to hold the pants on that relationship

Btw did the script writer and producer add lots of the story themselves or was this based on some book?
    Flame on I am gone...

Quote Originally Posted by James Ko
    The theme songs sound like it was sung by him. The beginning is kind of the same, it has the same charactors but it branch off after that.

i'm not sure, but i thought Daniel Chan sang this theme song
    SPCNET07 Duets and Solo's for Summer 2007! Come and listen

www.soundclick.com/spcnet07

the script writer used the beginning of the original story and made the rest up himself. Some of the plots were actually made up while they were filming and the actors all had a say in the plot. For the ending, nearly everyone wanted their character to die

Daniel sang all the theme songs in the series. And Sugar, haven't seen you in the Nie Yuan thread for a long, long time. Come to the thread, it's not as dead as it used to be

English Forum: