Page 11 of 469 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 《神雕侠侣》 - Huang Xiaoming, Liu Yifei

The strange thing is: they cast the actor who played Ouyang Ke as Murong Fu in DGSD. Although I do not really agree with the choice, it seems to me that they should have cast the same guy (Murong Fu/Ouyang Ke) as Huodu. It is kinda logical, isn't it?
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

Frankly, the dude who played Murong Fu wasn't any good. He was ok as OYK, but his portrayal in DGSD was poor. Not sure if that was how he interpreted the character or if the director intentionally wanted him to act like a mean prick with no depth.

I have confidence Gao Hu will be fine as Huo Du. He's a good actor.

The first time I saw a pic of him in costume as Xu Zhu I thought he was going to be a disaster because he looked like a perv, but he was IMO the best actor in DGSD.
    This account is retired.

Oh, I'm sure Gao Hu is a good actor, I am not doubting his acting skills. But the thing is: he doesn't look the part. There are so many people in China, so many actors, why do they have to cast Gao Hu for the role of Huodu? If they want Gao Hu in ROCH because he's a good actor, fine, give him some other role.

And even if they really needed him as Huodu, OK, then at least give him a decent look. My God, the guy looks like a combo of Jar Jar Binks and Count Dracula! It's like he stole the wardrobe of Purple Dragon Lord (Golden Flower Granny) from HSDS, plus some accessories taken from the closet of a Klingon crossdresser.

I mean, come on... Huodu is a Mongolian prince, but he dressed in Han clothing. It is not a good idea to wander the martial arts world of the Central Plains while looking freakishly tribal all the time. Why doesn't he just scream: "Hey, I'm a Mongol, come and kill me."

And I doubt any self-respecting Mongol male would walk around all dressed up in purple and black robes...
    ¹ï ¼Ä ¶· ¬½ ¡A ±Ù ¯ó °£ ®Ú ¡A ¨k ¤k ¦Ñ ¥® ¡A ¤£ ¯d ¤@ ¤H

it seems to me that they should have cast the same guy (Murong Fu/Ouyang Ke) as Huodu. It is kinda logical, isn't it?
    Actually, now that you bring it up, I actually glad they didn't cast Xiu Qing (Mu Rong Fu/Ou Yang Ke) as Huo Du after I see how they dress up Gao Hu. Man, they dress him up exactly like a girl. I mean, if I didn't already know Gao Hu is a man, I swear I would have thought I'm actually looking at a girl. It's horrible. I never seen anything worst than this.

As of Xiu Qing, I agree that they totally miscast him in DGSD, and LOCH. I didn't like him then. But after watching his performance in Long Piao as Duke Gong, I started to change my opinion and think he's also a very decent actor. He was superb there. He just need a right script, and a good director.

Quote Originally Posted by Laviathan
    The strange thing is: they cast the actor who played Ouyang Ke as Murong Fu in DGSD. Although I do not really agree with the choice, it seems to me that they should have cast the same guy (Murong Fu/Ouyang Ke) as Huodu. It is kinda logical, isn't it?
    Yes, I had originally thought that ZJZ was going to use him again as Huo Du.

Jesus, what are they thinking?

How can they cast the same actor who played Xuzhu for Huodu???

I mean:
    Xuzhu = naïve, kind and clumsy looking, not goodlooking
    Huodu = wicked and cunning look, very handsome

You know what? Why don't we just cast Jimmy Lin as Yang Guo, Chen Hao (Ah Zi in China DGSD) as Dragon Girl??? Think people, think!!!
    Ok, let's see Gao Hu ("Huo Du") -

naive -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://www.chinataiwan.org/webportal/pics/1078122372247.jpg')

wicked -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/togo/hu0425/p259.jpg')

kind -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/s/m/2004-02-07/U92P28T3D294635F329DT20040207151137.jpg')

cunning -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://ent.tom.com/images/zhuanti/gaohu/d/11.jpg')
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://star1.tingla.com/china/male/gaohu/x/005.jpg')

clumsy -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/c/2005-01-27/U92P28T3D642454F329DT20050127210737.jpg')

grudging -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://home.pchome.com.tw/togo/hu0425/X2.JPG')

But, come on! Who cares!!!!!! Huo Du is probably the 3485457th most important character in ROCH. 95's version doubled his exposure. I can hardly remember this character from the novel!

I think his costume is a disaster, but still not as bad as Gong Sun's "cabbage" dress.

(credit:All the pictures and those of Luoyong Wang are from Bai Du)

Yes, but they have their own perception about chosing an actor. So it's better if we trying to understand why they choose the same guy!

Oh, I'm sure Gao Hu is a good actor, I am not doubting his acting skills. But the thing is: he doesn't look the part. There are so many people in China, so many actors, why do they have to cast Gao Hu for the role of Huodu? If they want Gao Hu in ROCH because he's a good actor, fine, give him some other role.

And even if they really needed him as Huodu, OK, then at least give him a decent look. My God, the guy looks like a combo of Jar Jar Binks and Count Dracula! It's like he stole the wardrobe of Purple Dragon Lord (Golden Flower Granny) from HSDS, plus some accessories taken from the closet of a Klingon crossdresser.

I mean, come on... Huodu is a Mongolian prince, but he dressed in Han clothing. It is not a good idea to wander the martial arts world of the Central Plains while looking freakishly tribal all the time. Why doesn't he just scream: "Hey, I'm a Mongol, come and kill me."

And I doubt any self-respecting Mongol male would walk around all dressed up in purple and black robes...
    i think the costume/acessories designer should b shot. xln's dress is so complicated and fancy, like some deity or fairy. y does yg wear leather boots and have brown hair? li mochou resembles some wicked, haggard old witch, hou do looks like the walking dead, guo xiang looks like she desperately needs dressing classes and guo poulo looks like a clown. i prefer the 95 costumes more, especially for xln, gx, hou do...etc. it was simple yet realistic and pretty. simplicity's still the best. hope the acting for this version make up for the disasterous outfits.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTigger
    Ok, let's see Gao Hu ("Huo Du") -

clumsy -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://image2.sina.com.cn/ent/m/c/2005-01-27/U92P28T3D642454F329DT20050127210737.jpg')

But, come on! Who cares!!!!!! Huo Du is probably the 3485457th most important character in ROCH. 95's version doubled his exposure. I can hardly remember this character from the novel!

I think his costume is a disaster, but still not as bad as Gong Sun's "cabbage" dress.

(credit:All the pictures and those of Luoyong Wang are from Bai Du)
    Hmmm, is the lady in the picture Ruby Lin? I wonder what series is that (if its a series).

Quote Originally Posted by cococrust
    Hmmm, is the lady in the picture Ruby Lin? I wonder what series is that (if its a series).
    1 stone and 2 birds maybe!!!

Yeah, TigerTigger, where did you get that pic, what series is that? Is it 1 stone 2 birds or something else?

Thanx
    Ren Zai Jiang Hu Shen Bu You Ji
    Tian Xia Ying Xiong
    Dao Di Shei Neng Gou
    Xiao Ao Jiang Hu

Quote Originally Posted by sunnysnow
    i think the costume/acessories designer should b shot. xln's dress is so complicated and fancy, like some deity or fairy. y does yg wear leather boots and have brown hair? li mochou resembles some wicked, haggard old witch, hou do looks like the walking dead, guo xiang looks like she desperately needs dressing classes and guo poulo looks like a clown. i prefer the 95 costumes more, especially for xln, gx, hou do...etc. it was simple yet realistic and pretty. simplicity's still the best. hope the acting for this version make up for the disasterous outfits.
    Totally agree with you!!!!
    The costume designer must've treated this series like a cartoon --
    The dress is really devastating and so are a lot of others I already saw on internet -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://210.51.165.79/images/2/110093522942424451742.jpg')

Quote Originally Posted by cococrust
    Quote Originally Posted by melawi
    1 stone and 2 birds maybe!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by crazy
    Yeah, TigerTigger, where did you get that pic, what series is that? Is it 1 stone 2 birds or something else?

I think it's 1 Stone and 2 Birds since it has both Ruby and Gao in its cast.
    But I haven't watched that movie yet. When I get this photo from Bai Du, there's no indication which series/movie that specific photo comes from.
    Can somebody who's watched 1 Stone and 2 Birds confirm that? Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by TigerTigger
    Totally agree with you!!!!
    The costume designer must've treated this series like a cartoon --
    The dress is really devastating and so are a lot of others I already saw on internet -
    $this->handle_bbcode_img_match('http://210.51.165.79/images/2/110093522942424451742.jpg')
    im guessing that girl next to yg is gongsun lu er?...well, sorry to say again tat i like the outfit of this character much more in the 95 version which was simple but made her look sweet. in here, the costume looks like a giant leaf or something u would find from poison ivy's wadrobe.

so far from pics and stuff, i only love the scenaries...its beautiful.
    There are no shortcuts to any place worth going.

Wise Fool

Yeah because all costum are adapted in modern way, that's so eye catching! So beautiful

what is the Vietnamese title for this and when it comes out?

Quote Originally Posted by Ataka
    what is the Vietnamese title for this and when it comes out?
    probably something like Than Dieu Dai Hiep.

hopefully not, if i want to buy it off ebay and type in that name, i will get like 5000000 matches, dont want to go through all that

Hey, does anyone know which version of the book they based this version of the series off of?

Default Preview of ROCH

OK, I am putting back the link ... I am not sure if the file is still there, I am getting error when trying to view it again. I could view it earlier, maybe they are having problem with their file server.

Clips of the new ROCH:
    http://ent.sina.com.cn/v/m/2005-03-26/1724686482.html#
    Last edited by tinac; 03-26-05 at 09:22 AM.
    "Most men are of naught more use in their lives but as machines for turning food into shit."

-- Miles Vorkosigan quoting his grandfather (Lois McMaster Bujold, "Memory")