Page 469 of 469 FirstFirst ... 369419459460461462463464465466467468469
Results 9,361 to 9,365 of 9365

Thread: Return of the Condor Heroes 2006 《神雕侠侣》 - Huang Xiaoming, Liu Yifei

Quote Originally Posted by Vic85 View Post
    He needed to kill GJ/HR for the other half of the antidote. when he left the passionless valley, he decided that he wont go to kill the couple and instead live the 18 days remaining of his life peacefully with XLN. However, XLN said that how can 18 days be long enuf, she wants to spend thousands years more with him (i think she just wanted to say that fate is so cruel and she love him so much). hearing that, YG changed his mind again and decided to go kill GJ/HR to exchange for the antidote so he could be with XLN longer. the idea of revenge was not his real intention.
    Ohhhh, right, I forgot about that...in the series they really emphasized the revenge part of it. I do prefer that though--killing them to get justice for his father is at least better than sacrificing them both just so he can live longer with XLN.

That's why the whole YG/XLN romance makes me gag especially ROCH2006 version where ZJZ consciously overdid the romance part between two actors who had zero chemistry. It's just seems obsessive and forced.

If the whole Condor trilogy is about championing patriotism and loyalty to one's people, I don't know what got into Jin Yong's head in ROCH to create such selfish protagonists.

But that said, ROCH1983 was an absolute delight to watch because of the wonderful Andy Lau and his great chemistry with Idy Chan's XLN. I never got round to watching ROCH1995 but I probably will do so now after Vic85's glowing testimonies about Carmen and Louis.

BTW, in case you are wondering, the name "Xiaolong" is taken from Bruce Lee's Chinese name - Li Xiao Long, not Xiao Long Nu.

I just have fundamental dislike for XLN's character.

Quote Originally Posted by xiaolong View Post
    BTW, in case you are wondering, the name "Xiaolong" is taken from Bruce Lee's Chinese name - Li Xiao Long, not Xiao Long Nu.

I just have fundamental dislike for XLN's character.
    ha ha ha..ok. that clear thing up BUT XLN is my fav ever and ever!

I am really surprised by how much I enjoyed -- okay, LOVE -- this adaptation. I thought everyone was great (with the portrayals of GJ and HR being the weakest). I know people have criticized HXM's "over-acting" but I found it appropriate and it added to YG's development and served as a nice contrast to how cool and graceful he becomes. I was most hesitant about LYF but she completely won me over (I also love the voice actress who did the dubbing). I never thought I'd adore anyone as much as Carman, but I might prefer LYF to her because LYF's portrayal and looks are more true to the novel. (Only by a hair! ) Admittedly, I was prepared to hate LYF after hearing about her turns in Chinese Paladdin & TLBB and I thought LYF was overrated in the looks department (maybe it's because we're peers and, as a woman, I am conditioned to be jealous and competitive with other girls my age), but she was charming, endearing, sweet and nuanced. She's really drop dead gorgeous and what I imagine to be the epitome of a timeless Chinese beauty.

I'm a bit miffed they completely skipped YG's short stay with GJ and HR, when XLN got injured because she was fighting ten highly skilled men at the same time -- with six of them considered "greats" (there were so many irrelevant fight scenes that went on forever yet that scene was cut short -__-) -- and Sun Bu'er reaction during the wedding ceremony. But I love all the PDA between our protagonists and thought the actors had wonderful chemistry. I'd rate it 4.25/5 stars lol.

I disagree with you about the sleeve. I thought it looked pretty good in conjection with YG's sad palms. ROCH '83 also did a good job with YG's sad palms. They made it look really unorthodox and "eccentric" (hence YG's name of "Western Eccentric").
    I like the sleeve as well. I don't know if it's intentional, but it looks specifically like Jade Maiden/Ancient Tomb martial arts because it's consistent with XLN's magical fabric limbs. (I also like the continuity of this in HSDS when Lady Yang appears.)
    Last edited by Khanhleesi; 05-18-14 at 11:36 PM.